Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    intodeep wrote:
    I was pretty happy with last night's episode. I thought it did a good job of building steady tension and had enough zombie attacks to keep the gore heads happy.

I can't wait for next week

Me too, but the amount of commercials towards the end of the show was really annoying.

Yeah, it seemed like they would show like 2-3 minutes of show and then 5 minutes of commercials. The actual running time of the "90 minute premiere" was 1 hour, the other half hour was commercials. So it was only about 15 minutes longer than a standard episode, with 15 extra minutes of commercials to match.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I enjoyed the first half, then it lost steam. I love the Redneck.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JUST ORDERED MY PEARL JAM ZOMBIE SHIRT :mrgreen:

brand new in goods.....hurry up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,376
    intodeep wrote:
    I was pretty happy with last night's episode. I thought it did a good job of building steady tension and had enough zombie attacks to keep the gore heads happy.

I can't wait for next week

Me too, but the amount of commercials towards the end of the show was really annoying.

Yeah, it seemed like they would show like 2-3 minutes of show and then 5 minutes of commercials. The actual running time of the "90 minute premiere" was 1 hour, the other half hour was commercials. So it was only about 15 minutes longer than a standard episode, with 15 extra minutes of commercials to match.

Yea.. the commercials were ridiculous. Thankfully I DVR'd it and just skipped them. :)
  • Options
    RobertH86RobertH86 Posts: 165

Definitely agree on ALL counts. The story was moving along well and then as soon as the second half hit, the stupid kid had to go get lost and stop the show dead in its tracks. It never really seemed to hit its pace again after that, and after a few commercial breaks, I didn't really care anymore if they found her or not, I just wanted the show to move on without having to see 15 commercials for "Survival of the Dead" (a terrible movie, ESPECIALLY by Romero standards, just IMO).

However, at least Daryl had those awesome zombie stealth kills. :D Go redneck!
  • Options
    Daryl.jpg
  • Options
    RobertH86 wrote:

Definitely agree on ALL counts. The story was moving along well and then as soon as the second half hit, the stupid kid had to go get lost and stop the show dead in its tracks. It never really seemed to hit its pace again after that, and after a few commercial breaks, I didn't really care anymore if they found her or not, I just wanted the show to move on without having to see 15 commercials for "Survival of the Dead" (a terrible movie, ESPECIALLY by Romero standards, just IMO).

However, at least Daryl had those awesome zombie stealth kills. :D Go redneck!

hey cut romero a break on that..yes it was horrible , but i understand him trying different things with the zombie genre..
    their are only so many straight up zombie movies that can be made..he is always pushing the envelope,which makes him the best
    sadly ,this idea of living with them didn't work
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    hey cut romero a break on that..yes it was horrible , but i understand him trying different things with the zombie genre..
    their are only so many straight up zombie movies that can be made..he is always pushing the envelope,which makes him the best

I love the first 3 Dead movies, and I really liked Land Of The Dead. But after he tried to make a stupid found footage movie with Diary Of The Dead (which I turned off after about 20 minutes because it was so dumb) I didn't even bother with the next one. To be honest I thought Survival Of The Dead looked pretty good from the commercial I had seen, and planned on seeing it. Until last night I saw the commercial with the zombie riding the horse, and I decided against it.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    This survival of the dead on amc right now is pretty solid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I love the first 3 Dead movies, and I really liked Land Of The Dead. But after he tried to make a stupid found footage movie with Diary Of The Dead (which I turned off after about 20 minutes because it was so dumb) I didn't even bother with the next one. To be honest I thought Survival Of The Dead looked pretty good from the commercial I had seen, and planned on seeing it. Until last night I saw the commercial with the zombie riding the horse, and I decided against it.

diary was another attempt ...that really didn't work neither but it wasn't nowhere near as bad as survival
    same way land of the dead tried the extra smart zombie idea (shooting the guns and getting into the city)

again i get his idea to try different approaches...gotta take it with a grain of salt
  • Options

+1

at the last break I was wondering if there was any more show left.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I cut Romero a break on Land of and Diary of, Survival was strike 3 :lol:. In all honesty, I still love the guy and everything he has done for the genre (see: CREATED IT), but sometimes I just wonder what happened. I'm more of a zombie purist, which was my main issue with those films, didn't like the smart zombies, or zombies being able to use tools (let alone ride horses?). I suppose I can see how they would appeal to some, just not for me... Walking Dead is killing it though! :D
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    sucked
    It was ok.

It kept me glued. Definitely the weakest of the episodes so far. If I had to give every episode in season 1 an A I'd give this one a B.

I really don't expect much from this season. They are dragging it out over 13 episodes..It's going to slow the series down. Honestly, I'd rather have another 6 episode season. I think from here on out its going to be very different, but the zombies will never get old.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i wanna see some gore.

i wanna see a shit ton of zombies get killed...and i wanna see a human or two eat it....none of this bullshit get lost in the woods crap....kill the fuckin little girl off already or get her back to the caravan and get moving again already.

lets use some common sense and head towards an army base, or set up camp someplace.

and for the love of god....can we ditch the POS RV and find a tour bus. i'm gonna roll in style damn it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    What we NEED is for Merle to come back, and preferably he pulls and Ash and puts a chainsaw on that stump of his and fucks some zombies up. Although it's more than likely he'll just act like a racist and cause a bunch of drama with his brother for taking their side over his and becoming one of them.

Potty-Mouth.jpg
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    When blondie said, "blah blah, not your right, blah blah, want to off myself," and jealous cop said he was leaving, I told my wife, "she's going with him." :lol:
  • Options
    What we NEED is for Merle to come back, and preferably he pulls and Ash and puts a chainsaw on that stump of his and fucks some zombies up. Although it's more than likely he'll just act like a racist and cause a bunch of drama with his brother for taking their side over his and becoming one of them.

Potty-Mouth.jpg

I was thinking that Merle might be the one responsible for what happened to the kid at the end of last night's episode. Although after thinking it over its probably not too likely that he was able to not only get ahead of the group, but find a hunting rifle and figure out how to use it with one hand. Although who knows what with that crazy redneck rage he has.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RobertH86 wrote:
    I was thinking that Merle might be the one responsible for what happened to the kid at the end of last night's episode. Although after thinking it over its probably not too likely that he was able to not only get ahead of the group, but find a hunting rifle and figure out how to use it with one hand. Although who knows what with that crazy redneck rage he has.

According to the video game Red Dead Redemption, a guy who's been shot and only has use of one arm can still kill you with a rifle. :roll:
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    There's sooooo much good stuff to come, if you read the comics. Count me as disappointed w/ Sunday's episode. Started off way strong, but fell flat after the autopsy (which I thought was brilliant).

If the Zombies are attracted to noise, why where there only 3 in the church? If that bell had been programmed to go off, you'd think it would have attracted a herd.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    merkinball wrote:
    There's sooooo much good stuff to come, if you read the comics. Count me as disappointed w/ Sunday's episode. Started off way strong, but fell flat after the autopsy (which I thought was brilliant).

If the Zombies are attracted to noise, why where there only 3 in the church? If that bell had been programmed to go off, you'd think it would have attracted a herd.

perhaps zombies have the ability to become accustomed to things? (they've checked out "that bell noise" several times before and come up fruitless?)
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    merkinball wrote:

There probably aren't a lot of zombies in the forest and you couldn't hear the bell from the highway.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    NoCode416 wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

perhaps zombies have the ability to become accustomed to things? (they've checked out "that bell noise" several times before and come up fruitless?)

Yikes! They can learn? That's not good. :shock:
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Seeing as how the living/intelligent people had a hard time locating it from sound, then I think maybe the zombies would have a hard time. Maybe that's where that herd was trying to go. Or maybe it's like somebody said and they turned up there a bunch of times and learned to ignore it. Maybe all zombies are Scientologists and don't want to go to the church.
  • Options
    http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/10/eag ... n-trailer/

spanish zombie movie....hmnn looks good
  • Options

That does sound good. And since now this is an "all things zombie" thread, has anybody played "Dead Island" yet? It's supposed to be really cool. I wonder how it stacks up to the "Left 4 Dead" games. This one is supposed to be different though, kind of an open-world type of game.
  • Options

That does sound good. And since now this is an "all things zombie" thread, has anybody played "Dead Island" yet? It's supposed to be really cool. I wonder how it stacks up to the "Left 4 Dead" games. This one is supposed to be different though, kind of an open-world type of game.

wohhh easy with the video games.... :mrgreen:
  • Options

How do you expect to survive the zombie apocalypse if you don't practice?
  • Options

very true...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

very true...
    There is a "zombieland" here in Atlatna during the month of october that you can go and you shoot "live" zombies with paintball guns that attack you.

Practice makes perfect whats 30 bucks when you are preparing for life or death :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    There is a "zombieland" here in Atlatna during the month of october that you can go and you shoot "live" zombies with paintball guns that attack you.

Practice makes perfect whats 30 bucks when you are preparing for life or death :D

that soudns like fun....unless you are a zombie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg