THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• I can't fucking wait for Sunday!!! 90 minutes of complete tension and awesomeness!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    warming up with alittle DAWN OF THE DEAD right now 8-)

i read a major spoiler by accident :o :shock: :)

hmnnnnnnnnnnnnn stoked
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • just watched the webisodes. kinda crappy.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    under 24 hours!!!!!

gonna watch episode 1 right now (last season) :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    just watched the webisodes. kinda crappy.

yea but when we found out it was bicycle girl...brilliant and unexpected
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    woo-hoo, finally!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tonight is the night

damn bears are playing as well. :x

they suck..i'll watch this
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    230 PM ..STARTS SEASON 1
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    just watched the first season again..almost here
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I don't think my heart can take it (literally)

:lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    less than an hour :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    beyond stoked...let's do this!!!!!!! 8-)8-)
    WAITING 10 MONTHS FOR THIS.. :mrgreen:

and away we go......

enjoy all
    :o:o
    :o:o

+1

too many questions, :lol: and don't want to say anything in case some haven't seen in yet
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sucked
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It was OK. But very little actually happened in the episode except for a whole lot of arguing. I guess I'll watch this "Talking Dead" thing.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I love this show, but not for the zombies. I'm not a big zombie guy. I like this show for all the other stuff. This episode had way too many fucking zombies. I feel it dumbed it down too much. This show is about survival, and the relationships within the group. it just seemed like a lot of rehashing of old issues.

any ideas who shot the deer at the end?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

any ideas who shot the deer at the end?

If I had to guess I would say those redneck looking people the previews showed them hanging out with. I knew something bad was about to happen, but I thought it was going to turn out to be a deer zombie and it would bare some crazy looking fangs. I'm glad that didn't happen, it would have been dumb.
    By the way, when is old one-handed Merle going to turn back up? I haven't seen him in any of the season previews or anything. I couldn't believe he never showed back up last season. Last we saw of him was his severed hand.

• any ideas who shot the deer at the end?

If I had to guess I would say those redneck looking people the previews showed them hanging out with. I knew something bad was about to happen, but I thought it was going to turn out to be a deer zombie and it would bare some crazy looking fangs. I'm glad that didn't happen, it would have been dumb.

redneck people? I didn't see the previews. I don't watch AMC except for this show.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

redneck people? I didn't see the previews. I don't watch AMC except for this show.

Me neither, except for now I guess I watch "Talking Dead", but they showed the previews with scenes from this season at the end of the episode as the credits started rolling. It looks like they get help for Carl from a strange group of rednecks (kind of have a cult vibe from the bits I've seen, and might explain the shaved heads) that live out in log cabin.
    By the way, did anybody watch Talking Dead? I didn't buy the explanation given as to why the zombies didn't smell them under the cars, because that bothered me too. He basically just said "they're not bloodhounds", but they certainly seemed to be in Season 1 when the rain washed the blood and guts off the guys.
  • By the way, did anybody watch Talking Dead? I didn't buy the explanation given as to why the zombies didn't smell them under the cars, because that bothered me too. He basically just said "they're not bloodhounds", but they certainly seemed to be in Season 1 when the rain washed the blood and guts off the guys.

I don't know what the talking dead is, but yeah, I was totally expecting them to be able to sniff them out, as you said, as they did in the first season. I know they are zombies, but when you look at how many zombies were walking, you'd be able to see someone hiding under a pickup truck when standing 30 feet back from it.

maybe a little too overanalytical?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    By the way, did anybody watch Talking Dead? I didn't buy the explanation given as to why the zombies didn't smell them under the cars, because that bothered me too. He basically just said "they're not bloodhounds", but they certainly seemed to be in Season 1 when the rain washed the blood and guts off the guys.

I don't know what the talking dead is, but yeah, I was totally expecting them to be able to sniff them out, as you said, as they did in the first season. I know they are zombies, but when you look at how many zombies were walking, you'd be able to see someone hiding under a pickup truck when standing 30 feet back from it.

maybe a little too overanalytical?

It's a new show, and believe it or not it's a talk show devoted to The Walking Dead. It came on after the second airing of the premiere. It's hosted by Chris Hardwick (Web Soup guy) and he had two guests, Patton Oswalt and the guy that wrote the remake of Dawn Of The Dead (the guests will be different every week), and they mainly just discussed the show in a humorous manner, asked questions to the writer of the graphic novel/tv show, showed some behind the scenes stuff, etc. It wasn't THAT great, and it is just basically to hype/promote the show, but I'll probably watch it each week after the show, just to see behind the scenes stuff and future clips.

They asked the creator about it and he basically said they're not bloodhounds who sniff out food, they detected them in the rainstorm because they were walking among them and could smell they weren't the same. But to me it seems if they can smell a non-zombie just walking around among them, then they could probably smell if there were humans a few feet away. Maybe they don't go hunting with their sense of smell, but they have it apparently.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Overall I enjoyed it even though not a lot actually happened. It's still early in the season though and I still have high hopes for the show. I started watching Talking Dead but tuned out after about a minute because it seemed boring and I had Dexter waiting for me on my DVR. :P

Check out this article for more on the behind the scenes showrunner change-up I posted about earlier. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51622

"Apparently tonight’s 90-minute “Walking Dead” season premiere was originally two hourlong episodes, the first written by now-fired series mastermind Frank Darabont and the second by Robert Kirkman, who co-created the “Walking Dead” comic book series."
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I was pretty happy with last night's episode. I thought it did a good job of building steady tension and had enough zombie attacks to keep the gore heads happy.

I can't wait for next week
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    WAITING 10 MONTHS FOR THIS.. :mrgreen:

and away we go......

enjoy all

Those 10 months flew pretty quickly!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:
    I was pretty happy with last night's episode. I thought it did a good job of building steady tension and had enough zombie attacks to keep the gore heads happy.

I can't wait for next week

Me too, but the amount of commercials towards the end of the show was really annoying.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...