Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Scott Ian from Anthrax is going to be a zombie in season 2.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=161906
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I think the point of that particular scene was to show the emotional element that stemmed from what they were going through, and that in times of crisis, people come closer together. and didn't something fairly big happen right after that? I seem to remember thinking "uh oh, with all this mushy stuff, they are setting us up for something cool in a minute to jerk us out of our seats".

I don't think anything happened RIGHT after that, but (spoiler alert) one of the sisters did get infected later, I think at the end of that episode, and the other sister killed her at the beginning of the next one. And I see what you're saying about showing the emotional element, but that scene in particular seemed very contrived to me.

now I'm remembering a big brawl happening by the lake they were on right after that. my memory is full of holes.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

Cool, shouldn't be hard to spot with that beard of his
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

the pic in the article he has no beard. he just looks like Kane from WWE.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

now I'm remembering a big brawl happening by the lake they were on right after that. my memory is full of holes.

Well, yeah, that did happen, but it really had nothing to do with the fishing scene, other than the sisters came ashore and were there for it.
  • Options

the pic in the article he has no beard. he just looks like Kane from WWE.

Oh, I didn't even realize it was him, I just thought it was a random zombie picture.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    It's back on next month!! Can't wait!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:

They should have the season premiere on Halloween like they did last year instead of October 16th. But I guess they have their reasons.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Lizardjam wrote:

They should have the season premiere on Halloween like they did last year instead of October 16th. But I guess they have their reasons.

I didn't even look. I read somewhere last year that it would be on air again in Sept. D'oh! 2 Months!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Soon enough :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I've read enough of this thread that I'm intrigued.

Just ordered Season 1 / Disk 1 from Netflix.
    :mrgreen:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

Enjoy...

WalkingDead.jpg

Oh, here's the trailer, it's pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1v0uFms68U
  • Options

Prepare to. Lose 6 hours of your life..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

Wait! Whaaaattt???

You didn't enjoy the show?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:

Wait! Whaaaattt???

4.5 with no commecials :lol:

neal enjoyed it. i think he is saying puppy dog will be addicted
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:

If season two is just as good, I wouldn't mind it being so short as well.. I'd rather them make a really good mini series every year than drag it out to full seasons.. It's so good and it's easy to rewatch.. Now Lost, that's a bitch to rewatch. :?
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    If season two is just as good, I wouldn't mind it being so short as well.. I'd rather them make a really good mini series every year than drag it out to full seasons.. It's so good and it's easy to rewatch.. Now Lost, that's a bitch to rewatch. :?

Yeah, I watched The Walking Dead pilot like 5-6 times, and I saw all the other episodes at least twice. Lost doesn't have any replay value to me. It was one of my favorite shows when it was on, but now that it's over I have no desire to see any episode again. I think part of what made it so good and addictive was the mystery and the anticipation of learning exactly what the hell is going on. And whether it was cool or lame, once you knew there was no way to un-know it, so every re-run just wasn't entertaining to me. Because without that mystery it wasn't as good to me. The Walking Dead doesn't rely on that though.
  • Options
    Gob wrote:

Wait! Whaaaattt???

Oh no quite the opposite...she will be addicted and have to watch the other5episodes ASAP
    Although the baby pointed out it's really about 4.5. With no commercials

Great series
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:

I think AMC already said season two will be 12 or 13 episodes. I think that works for the show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I've never seen the show...zombies freak me out
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    I've never seen the show...zombies freak me out

Wait, you're not a zombie?!?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:

I think AMC already said season two will be 12 or 13 episodes. I think that works for the show.

13 unless they cut it down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    October 16th
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Neal was correct!

I just watched the pilot episode.

OMFG.

Wow.

Except, I feel so bad for the poor horse. :?

Must.
    Catch.
    Up.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Neal was correct!

I just watched the pilot episode.

OMFG.

Wow.

Except, I feel so bad for the poor horse. :?

Must.
    Catch.
    Up.

better hurry...two weeks until the new season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

better hurry...two weeks until the new season

No problem _ between On Demand and Netflix, I've got this covered!

8-)

One question _ am I going to see anything bad happen to dogs? Like the horse? Because I can watch people beat the shit out of each other, and zombies having their brains blown out, but boy if I see one sad looking dog, that's it for me.

BTW: My favorite zombie so far was the one who had no legs and was crawling across the park, leaving a trail of slime.

I could relate to her.
  • Options
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/v ... -comic-con

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE TRAILER ...WOWOWOWOW
  • Options

If I click on that link, will it be a spoiler? I've only seen the first episode so far.
  • Options

If I click on that link, will it be a spoiler? I've only seen the first episode so far.

UM YEA...IN A WAY IT WILL BE..DON'T DO IT

SORRY AND CATCH UP
  • Options
    no trailers for me....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg