Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    igotid88 wrote:

it's on Blu ray too. i'm thinking about picking up the blu ray.

and i too am waiting for season 2. and season 4 of breaking bad, which seems to be taking forever to be made as well. damn you amc for making great shows and then making me wait for more.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    they should have started filming by now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Can't wait for it to come back
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    So a good friend reminded me this comes out on blu-ray today.
    On my way home from work I stopped at Target.. Sold out. I figured Best Buy is on the way, so I stop there too.. Sold out.

What the hell? It came out today. Is this what the unemployed are spending their unemployment on?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,495
    On my way home from work I stopped at Target.. Sold out. I figured Best Buy is on the way, so I stop there too.. Sold out.

What the hell? It came out today. Is this what the unemployed are spending their unemployment on?

why not just buy it from the amazon links above?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    igotid88 wrote:

why not just buy it from the amazon links above?

GOTTA HAVE IT NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

or wait for the reruns to start up in the fall to build viewership for season 2
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    any updates on season 2?

here they are

filming starts in may
    going to the farm
    more violent
    more sexy
    airing starts in october

shaun of the dead director offered guest director role. sounds like it's being turned down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    any updates on season 2?

here they are

filming starts in may
    going to the farm
    more violent
    more sexy
    airing starts in october

shaun of the dead director offered guest director role. sounds like it's being turned down.

sweet
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'm Hearing Stephen King is going to be writing an episode for Season 2!!!
  • Options

hmnnnnnn
  • Options

it'll be like a 4 hour episode :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    :shock:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just got the DVds for season 1, I'm pretty excited because I had a family member who was once a zombie.
    :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    I had the entire 1st season on my DVR for a few months after they did a marathon on the day of the season finale. Finally got around to watching this and I knocked out all 6 episodes in 1 day. Really looking forward to season 2....
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    The 81 wrote:

it'll be like a 4 hour episode :lol:

And boring with two minutes of anything scary
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Most exciting thing to happen in newnan in 50 years i'm sure :)

just kidding to anyone from newnan that takes offense. i attempted to get on as an extra when they were casting for the scenes filmed in north atlanta but no dice :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    lot of drama around AMC, the walking dead, breaking bad and mad men

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... red-221449
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    81 wrote:

Yeah, I have a feeling AMC is going to screw these shows up.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

that would be a tragedy
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    81 wrote:

that would be a tragedy

Yeah, that would be a shame. 3 damn good shows. Breaking Bad is the best show on TV right now.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I LOVED the first episode, but I thought the show kind of steadily went downhill after that. Even at its worst it was still better than most stuff on TV, but I didn't think any of the other episodes were even half as good as the pilot. Having said that, I still can't wait for it to start back up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,495
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I LOVED the first episode, but I thought the show kind of steadily went downhill after that. Even at its worst it was still better than most stuff on TV, but I didn't think any of the other episodes were even half as good as the pilot. Having said that, I still can't wait for it to start back up.
    I thought it was pretty evenly good.

I just hope season two is decent. I don't think this show is going to please everyone. It has so many directions it could take. I could see it becoming a love/hate situation from here on out with fans.
  • Options
    Sometimes I got the feeling they were trying to overcompensate when trying to make it not just a zombie show, but character driven. I'm all for it being character driven and not just balls to the wall zombie killing, but there were times it seemed like they were trying way to hard for dramatic credibility.

There's one scene that really comes to mind. It really added nothing to the episode, or really developed the characters, it was just a dumb, boring, wannabe tearjerker scene. It was near the beginning of one episode and the two sisters were sitting in a boat fishing. The older one noticed that the younger one was using a lure, and this launched into a scene where they were like, "Dad always taught me to fish with live bait", "well dad always taught me to fish with lures", "well I wonder why he taught us differently", etc, etc. It just dragged on for like 5 minutes and there was some crying and more pointless conversation, and basically all the scene amounted to was to tell us that one of the sisters was tougher, the other more sensitive, (which had already been established) and that their dad taught them to fish.

Like I said, I don't expect the show to be just chiseled dudes with chainsaws taking on legions of zombies, nor do I want it to be. But scenes like that seemed to be intentionally put in just to say "hey, this isn't just some zombie show, we're a serious drama".
  • Options
    There's one scene that really comes to mind. It really added nothing to the episode, or really developed the characters, it was just a dumb, boring, wannabe tearjerker scene. It was near the beginning of one episode and the two sisters were sitting in a boat fishing. The older one noticed that the younger one was using a lure, and this launched into a scene where they were like, "Dad always taught me to fish with live bait", "well dad always taught me to fish with lures", "well I wonder why he taught us differently", etc, etc. It just dragged on for like 5 minutes and there was some crying and more pointless conversation, and basically all the scene amounted to was to tell us that one of the sisters was tougher, the other more sensitive, (which had already been established) and that their dad taught them to fish.

I think the point of that particular scene was to show the emotional element that stemmed from what they were going through, and that in times of crisis, people come closer together. and didn't something fairly big happen right after that? I seem to remember thinking "uh oh, with all this mushy stuff, they are setting us up for something cool in a minute to jerk us out of our seats".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I think the point of that particular scene was to show the emotional element that stemmed from what they were going through, and that in times of crisis, people come closer together. and didn't something fairly big happen right after that? I seem to remember thinking "uh oh, with all this mushy stuff, they are setting us up for something cool in a minute to jerk us out of our seats".

I don't think anything happened RIGHT after that, but (spoiler alert) one of the sisters did get infected later, I think at the end of that episode, and the other sister killed her at the beginning of the next one. And I see what you're saying about showing the emotional element, but that scene in particular seemed very contrived to me.