Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Maggie is way hotter. She's got an actual woman's body; curves are sexy. Big butt? seriously? she doesn't have a big butt whatsoever! she's just filled out the way a woman is natually meant to be.

Beth is just a stick. BORING.
    Maggie is hot but that underbite weird contortion thing she does when she talks....eh! :lol:
  • Options
    http://www.walkingdeadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/187_laurencohan_sl6x.jpg

anyone who looks at this and thinks "not hot", I've got the number of a therapist for you.
    Yeah, that's fn amazing! :D
    If I was in the group, I would not mind seeing Glenn succumbing to the disease! :lol:

"Hello Maggie!" :lol:
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    the show needs to pick up... hopefully next show. dont agree on the Carol issue... that was dumb.

This. I keep waiting for some major plot development. The flu thing isn't doing it for me.

Side note: They have probably collectively killed all the zombies within a huge radius of the prison. How do these supposedly brain dead zombies keep ending up at the gate of a prison that looks to be in the middle of a forest? At this point you would think that they would have killed all the zombies in the area.

I don't know...Maybe I'm too critical, but this show's writing has really gone downhill the last few seasons.

"the last few seasons"? the show is only in the 4th season!

people need to understand that this show is not about zombies. it's about survival in the face of a global epidemic. and the flu is the next installment in the survival of their group. what are people actually looking for from this show?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    the show needs to pick up... hopefully next show. dont agree on the Carol issue... that was dumb.

This. I keep waiting for some major plot development. The flu thing isn't doing it for me.

Side note: They have probably collectively killed all the zombies within a huge radius of the prison. How do these supposedly brain dead zombies keep ending up at the gate of a prison that looks to be in the middle of a forest? At this point you would think that they would have killed all the zombies in the area.

I don't know...Maybe I'm too critical, but this show's writing has really gone downhill the last few seasons.

"the last few seasons"? the show is only in the 4th season!

people need to understand that this show is not about zombies. it's about survival in the face of a global epidemic. and the flu is the next installment in the survival of their group. what are people actually looking for from this show?

I get the whole "It's not aboubt zombies" but more about surviving in this left over world...it's just that the plot and even character development has been lacking the last couple of episodes. Maybe it's just me. I still think it's a good show...I'm just waiting for that one big thing to happen to spark some interest.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I get the whole "It's not aboubt zombies" but more about surviving in this left over world...it's just that the plot and even character development has been lacking the last couple of episodes. Maybe it's just me. I still think it's a good show...I'm just waiting for that one big thing to happen to spark some interest.

I just get the feeling a lot of people expect way too much from week to week. I really can't understand what they are actually expecting. Not every episode can have a major swerve. And this episode actually DID: Carol getting banished. I didn't see that coming. I don't think anyone did.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I just get the feeling a lot of people expect way too much from week to week. I really can't understand what they are actually expecting. Not every episode can have a major swerve. And this episode actually DID: Carol getting banished. I didn't see that coming. I don't think anyone did.

I agree.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:

Well I though Rick was going to kill her, so I was a little surprised he left her alone. I don't care too much if particular episode is more character development or is "slower" but I do care about the season actually leading up to something. I think most of us are excepting so much after watching the finale of Breaking Bad since I know some of us found that show to be a more stronger show. I know they are totally different shows, but it's hard to watch one with certain expectations and then watch another one with different expectations.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bitch-please_fb_1365247.jpg
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Well I though Rick was going to kill her, so I was a little surprised he left her alone. I don't care too much if particular episode is more character development or is "slower" but I do care about the season actually leading up to something. I think most of us are excepting so much after watching the finale of Breaking Bad since I know some of us found that show to be a more stronger show. I know they are totally different shows, but it's hard to watch one with certain expectations and then watch another one with different expectations.

you thought Officer Rick, Mr Morality, was going to kill her for killing others?

it's hard to compare shows when the overall plot and circumstances are completely different. if we were comparing to another apocalyptic show, then maybe, but......if we were to compare it to Lost, which is probably the closest comparison that can be made, I think show blows Lost out of the water. Lost was awesome and strong in its first season, then shit the bed for 5 years after that.

I find this show to be so entertaining and interesting that I can't get enough of it. I can't wait for next week each week. Have there been week episodes? A few. But not nearly as many, in my opinion, as people are saying. It's possible this is because I have never been a zombie genre fan, so I'm not looking for a main character to get eaten in new ways every week. I do like that aspect of it, that no one seems safe (except Rick), but I more enjoy the interpersonal relations of the characters, and their development over the course of the apocalypse and how it changes each one of them.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287
    new epsiode tonight! :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    new epsiode tonight! :)

I'm wondering if we will see Carol tonight.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    He's Baaaaaack....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    He's Baaaaaack....
    I saw that. :shock: :x Is it November 17 yet? :lol:
  • Options
    next week!!!! :corn:

what happened to the girl that got shot? (was that Beth?) I thought the bullet hit her or did i miss something. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

what happened to the girl that got shot? (was that Beth?) I thought the bullet hit her or did i miss something. :?

She came back as a zombie, she got shot in the chest or something.

They better not drag out the Governor for a season and a half again. 4 episodes, anymore than that and I'm going to start thinking this show is out of ideas and milking everything...
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    It's about to get real now! Zombie massacre and the Gov is back. I thought maybe Hershel was going to get bit in that melee, man I was holding my chest. Hershel's my guy. I'd rather see Daryl or Rick get bit honestly.
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    It's about to get real now! Zombie massacre and the Gov is back. I thought maybe Hershel was going to get bit in that melee, man I was holding my chest. Hershel's my guy. I'd rather see Daryl or Rick get bit honestly.

I thought glen was about to bite it, too bad because his character is played out maybe patches will take care of him. :lol:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Weird episode. Felt like a finale or prelude to a reboot. They beat the virus, kill the zombies at the fence, and the Governor reappears as a cliffhanger. There is an episode next week right? This wasn't like the "fall finale" or something?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    gabers wrote:

I thought glen was about to bite it, too bad because his character is played out maybe patches will take care of him. :lol:

Patches. :lol:

They just need to give Glen a chance to be a badass again like he was last season when Merle left him alone tied to that chair and set a walker loose. I think they should do something blatantly stereotypical like have him reveal he's actually a beast with a bo staff or throwing stars.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Weird episode. Felt like a finale or prelude to a reboot. They beat the virus, kill the zombies at the fence, and the Governor reappears as a cliffhanger. There is an episode next week right? This wasn't like the "fall finale" or something?

3 more than we have to wait until February.
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Hershel is such a bad ass!!!!!

I don't like Bob...I don't trust him.

I think Darryl is going to lose it when he finds out about Rick banishing Carol.

Do you think the Governor has been doing something to draw the zombie heard to the prison fence?

i love the packers. :lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    i agree that the saga with the governor should not spill into next season. shame to say because he is such a fantastic actor and villain, but they should kill him off this season. the question is who is he going to kill off first out of the crew?

is it bad that i started laughing during next week's sneak peak of him standing him front of a house that is being burnt to the ground? love the governor! :lol:

glad they are moving on past the flu bug plot. that was getting a tad bit drawn out. hershel is a complete bad ass though. maggie was pretty bad ass last night too.

two episodes ago i was wondering why they didn't just unload on all of those walkers that were about to take down the gate. they had the guns, they had the ammo, it was obviously a very serious threatening situation. just take them out in one wave. meleeing them one after another through the fence was not a good tactic.
  • Options

Do you think the Governor has been doing something to draw the zombie heard to the prison fence?

next week already looks like a very governor heavy episode which i hope will touch on this. i wouldn't be surprised if 80% of next week is devoted to the governor and his two henchmen and what they have been up to for the past couple months.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Am I the only one that's not thrilled about the governor plot line coming back?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Depends on how they do it.
    I think if they have him come back with the only motivation to kill as many in Rick's group as possible...pure, evil revenge, then I think it'll work.
    I hope they don't show some new community that he's started. Woodbury 2 would not be cool.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    mca47 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Depends on how they do it.
    I think if they have him come back with the only motivation to kill as many in Rick's group as possible...pure, evil revenge, then I think it'll work.
    I hope they don't show some new community that he's started. Woodbury 2 would not be cool.

The prison group clearly has the firepower. I think they have been foreshadowing the governor watching the prison group from the woods all season. I hope to see the fireworks we expected last season
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    wonder if morgan will make an appearance this season and what his role will be?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    stickfig13 wrote:

I'm with you. Hopefully this doesn't last longer than an episode or 2.
  • Options

She came back as a zombie, she got shot in the chest or something.

They better not drag out the Governor for a season and a half again. 4 episodes, anymore than that and I'm going to start thinking this show is out of ideas and milking everything...

she did? i don't rememebr that part. i remember the dude next to her getting shot. I'll have to rewatch that part. Wasn't that Beth (Hershel's daughter) though?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    wonder if morgan will make an appearance this season and what his role will be?

Scott Gimple said he would return this season but didn't get into any details.