Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    I think she had had enough of the prison and what was happening. I think her being banished was a relief.

Agreed. She was probably shocked by his decision but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to that disease infested prison!

Another strange thing I found about this infestation. Hershel and others called it a "flu" (sure, what else are you going to call it?). It's clearly viral in nature...yet he thinks pumping everyone full of antibiotics is going to cure it. :fp: Sure, it'll help ward off additional infection but for it to cure this disease? C'mon. :fp:
    They would be important to have, but stocking up on antiviral meds would be more practical for this disease.

That's why you grab everything! That's zombie apocolypse 101! :lol:
  • Options
    And the tomatos. Really? Who grew that garden? Did the people in the houses just recently die or leave? Tomatos don't come up on their own. It is not a perennial plant. And when Darrell and crew were driving back to the prison they drove by a cultivated field. Really? Who is farming that field?

Tomatoes do come up on their own. You let enough tomatoes rot and fall of the plant, or toss them in a compost pile it is not unheard of that a tomato plant pops up next year, if you dont till the soil.

I think Lizzie is going to try and find Carol and run away. I don't see the prison situation lasting much longer anyways. Carol is just the first to hit the road again.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I think she had had enough of the prison and what was happening. I think her being banished was a relief.

Agreed. She was probably shocked by his decision but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to that disease infested prison!

Another strange thing I found about this infestation. Hershel and others called it a "flu" (sure, what else are you going to call it?). It's clearly viral in nature...yet he thinks pumping everyone full of antibiotics is going to cure it. :fp: Sure, it'll help ward off additional infection but for it to cure this disease? C'mon. :fp:
    They would be important to have, but stocking up on antiviral meds would be more practical for this disease.

That's why you grab everything! That's zombie apocolypse 101! :lol:

he's not looking to cure it. he's looking to stop the symptoms of it, which is what he explained is actually killing people.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

he's not looking to cure it. he's looking to stop the symptoms of it, which is what he explained is actually killing people.
    Still...antibiotics while helpful in some cases would and should do very little.
    Either way...I've enjoyed this season thus far.
    Things are about to get crazy! :D
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    And the tomatos. Really? Who grew that garden? Did the people in the houses just recently die or leave? Tomatos don't come up on their own. It is not a perennial plant. And when Darrell and crew were driving back to the prison they drove by a cultivated field. Really? Who is farming that field?

Tomatoes do come up on their own. You let enough tomatoes rot and fall of the plant, or toss them in a compost pile it is not unheard of that a tomato plant pops up next year, if you dont till the soil.

I think Lizzie is going to try and find Carol and run away. I don't see the prison situation lasting much longer anyways. Carol is just the first to hit the road again.

Thanks for the tomato education. I guess I just always saw my dad plant the tomato plants and assumed. And I've seen some things come up "volunteer" but not tomatoes.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287
    JimmyV wrote:
    So is Carol going to become one of the leads on the spinoff they are making?

:?: What spinoff?

I kinda gree with Rick's decision, but i also see Carol's point of view. I'm sure we will see her again.

Amyone see the Talkign Dead after? Funny to see Cheris Jericho on there (always liked him) :mrgreen:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I thought both of the Talking Dead guests were very good. Or maybe they just looked really good after last week's debacle. On last night's show Hardwick made a funny reference to last week's show. He said something like "I didn't know that Bob from Chattanooga" was going to be a guest. If you remember Bob from Chattanooga was the crazy caller from last season. Of course, Hardwick was referring to Marilyn Manson when he said that.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I thought both of the Talking Dead guests were very good. Or maybe they just looked really good after last week's debacle. On last night's show Hardwick made a funny reference to last week's show. He said something like "I didn't know that Bob from Chattanooga" was going to be a guest. If you remember Bob from Chattanooga was the crazy caller from last season. Of course, Hardwick was referring to Marilyn Manson when he said that.

yeah, he made a couple references to Manson. Right at the beginning he said something about "nice to have lucid guests". :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JimmyV wrote:

I kinda gree with Rick's decision, but i also see Carol's point of view. I'm sure we will see her again.

Amyone see the Talkign Dead after? Funny to see Cheris Jericho on there (always liked him) :mrgreen:

They are making a spinoff that will follow another group of survivors.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Better Dan wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

They are making a spinoff that will follow another group of survivors.

:fp:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yea, seemed Carol was surprised but she didn't put up much of a fight. She was ready for the split. She was like "Here, my dead abusive mofo of a husband gave me this, you can have it...".

I'm on the fence. At first I thought he should have brought her back to the prison and had a vote. But then after thinking about it, Balls up for Rick. He was like nope, you aren't going to be around my kids....well there ya go. Rick isn't just a farmer anymore!

Daryl might be pissed, but well, Michone is all up on him now. And she's pretty frickin cool.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Yea, seemed Carol was surprised but she didn't put up much of a fight. She was ready for the split. She was like "Here, my dead abusive mofo of a husband gave me this, you can have it...".

I'm on the fence. At first I thought he should have brought her back to the prison and had a vote. But then after thinking about it, Balls up for Rick. He was like nope, you aren't going to be around my kids....well there ya go. Rick isn't just a farmer anymore!

Daryl might be pissed, but well, Michone is all up on him now. And she's pretty frickin cool.

is redneck Daryl down with the dark meat? ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I believe he is. :lol:

I'd personally work on Maggie or her sister, but Michonne isn't too bad... :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I believe he is. :lol:

I'd personally work on Maggie or her sister, but Michonne isn't too bad... :D

maggie is by far the hottest chick in skin eater land.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Maggie is awesome but I'd take her sister over her (and I'm a huge brunette fan!) Maggie's underbite and bigger butt doesn't hold up to blondie! :lol:
    Hell, it's the zombie apocalypse...Carol would probably look good after a while!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    mca47 wrote:
    Maggie is awesome but I'd take her sister over her (and I'm a huge brunette fan!) Maggie's underbite and bigger butt doesn't hold up to blondie! :lol:
    Hell, it's the zombie apocalypse...Carol would probably look good after a while!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jesus you guys are bad.....The men are pretty slim pickins. Last year without hesitation I would have said Daryl but this new Pixie haircut they gave him is a big turnoff. Shane was always a dick so never him. The only hot guy they had really was that dude they shot in the bar...Micheal Raymond James. Now him, yummy :D Too bad they had him on for like 3 minutes.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Pissed that Carol is gone....but is she? Will they mee t up again with her somewhere?

Darryls gonna be mad that Rick left his piece O' Ass out in Zombie land without him tapping it.
    And now it just so happens that Michonne is giving Darryl the 'eye'?

Total crap.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    what's everyone's hang up with carol?

i never minded her in the previous seasons, but now that she is getting more lines and camera time, she is kind of a mediocre character in my opinion.

she is part of the "original" crew, so i can see the attachment. but out of the current cast, i'd prefer to see her go out of pretty much anyone else.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Nope, I gotta take Maggie...since I am a brunette and big butt fan.... :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    was anyone else annoyed by Tyreese this episode? i get that he lost his girlfriend and might lose his sister.. but it's the ZA.. everyone is in that situation..
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    And why was Bob taking a bottle of booze such a terrible offense? There are so few enjoyable things left in that horrible world. Taking a drink shouldn't be seen as a crime. I mean, I see how it could potentially be dangerous (kinda hard to fight off a zombie horde when you are hammered) but so could just about everything.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    And why was Bob taking a bottle of booze such a terrible offense? There are so few enjoyable things left in that horrible world. Taking a drink shouldn't be seen as a crime. I mean, I see how it could potentially be dangerous (kinda hard to fight off a zombie horde when you are hammered) but so could just about everything.

it's that by doing so he was taking an unnecessary risk, a risk that got Zack killed, a risk that could have ended badly when the walkers were trying to get his bag. he is clearly choosing booze over safety of the group, and that doesn't (nor should it) go over well.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    was anyone else annoyed by Tyreese this episode? i get that he lost his girlfriend and might lose his sister.. but it's the ZA.. everyone is in that situation..

he's being a pissy little baby.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Maggie is way hotter. She's got an actual woman's body; curves are sexy. Big butt? seriously? she doesn't have a big butt whatsoever! she's just filled out the way a woman is natually meant to be.

Beth is just a stick. BORING.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    http://www.walkingdeadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/187_laurencohan_sl6x.jpg

anyone who looks at this and thinks "not hot", I've got the number of a therapist for you.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    http://www.walkingdeadzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/187_laurencohan_sl6x.jpg

anyone who looks at this and thinks "not hot", I've got the number of a therapist for you.

reminds me of the ol saying... i wouldn't throw her outta bed for eating cookies...

Cant wait to see Darryl freak at Rick this week... arrow to eyeball? :D something will result no doubt.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Maggie is way hotter. She's got an actual woman's body; curves are sexy. Big butt? seriously? she doesn't have a big butt whatsoever! she's just filled out the way a woman is natually meant to be.

Beth is just a stick. BORING.

Beth is a little hot...But Maggie is way hotter, agreed. I mean, did you see that photo shoot she did a couple of weeks ago? :shock:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Nami wrote:
    the show needs to pick up... hopefully next show. dont agree on the Carol issue... that was dumb.

This. I keep waiting for some major plot development. The flu thing isn't doing it for me.

Side note: They have probably collectively killed all the zombies within a huge radius of the prison. How do these supposedly brain dead zombies keep ending up at the gate of a prison that looks to be in the middle of a forest? At this point you would think that they would have killed all the zombies in the area.

I don't know...Maybe I'm too critical, but this show's writing has really gone downhill the last few seasons.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Nami wrote:
    the show needs to pick up... hopefully next show. dont agree on the Carol issue... that was dumb.

This. I keep waiting for some major plot development. The flu thing isn't doing it for me.

Side note: They have probably collectively killed all the zombies within a huge radius of the prison. How do these supposedly brain dead zombies keep ending up at the gate of a prison that looks to be in the middle of a forest? At this point you would think that they would have killed all the zombies in the area.

I don't know...Maybe I'm too critical, but this show's writing has really gone downhill the last few seasons.

I guess it depends how far from a city they are. Zombies are walking 24/7 they will stumble upon a stationary target eventually. Have to think millions of zombies and less than 100 a week walking into you isnt that hard to believe.
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    Yep. Tyrese needs to realize the bigger picture. Everyone has lost someone. Needs to chill the fuck out.