Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Are we presuming that the people whose bodies were burned died from the virus? Or were they killed before dying? I don't know what the motive would be to kill them first though. Also it seems like the ones who died from the virus were the younger ones right? Karen was an adult so I was curious whether a strong adult might survive the virus. And I guess all the blood would suggest that they had died from the virus.

I thought this was the scariest episode ever. The only thing comparable to me was when Rick rode that poor horse into Atlanta. And maybe the scene with Andrea and the Governor in that factory after Andrea had escaped Woodbury.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    who burned the bodies? My guess would be either Herschel or the dude with possible past drinking problem.

Michonne's backstory should be coming up soon i think when she held Judith and cried. Maybe she had a kid that died?

i liked the theory mentioned on the talking dead that it was the doctor. makes sense... he knows there is no hope for those with this flu bug, and doesn't want it spreading around the prision. but damn, why burn them and not head shot them?

can't see it being herschel. no chance. and it's too cliche that it would be the dude with the drinking problem fucking things up.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    rival. wrote:
    who burned the bodies? My guess would be either Herschel or the dude with possible past drinking problem.

Michonne's backstory should be coming up soon i think when she held Judith and cried. Maybe she had a kid that died?

i liked the theory mentioned on the talking dead that it was the doctor. makes sense... he knows there is no hope for those with this flu bug, and doesn't want it spreading around the prision. but damn, why burn them and not head shot them?

can't see it being herschel. no chance. and it's too cliche that it would be the dude with the drinking problem fucking things up.

good point
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    rival. wrote:

Who is the doctor? I don't remember a doctor.

I think the idea of burning the body is to get rid of any chance of the virus spreading from the corpse. Pretty sure you need to do more than burn the skin for that though.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options

I think the idea of burning the body is to get rid of any chance of the virus spreading from the corpse. Pretty sure you need to do more than burn the skin for that though.

I can't remember the guy's name, or if he has even been seen yet, but Hershel mentioned him a couple times in the episode when talking to Rick about their medical options.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I can't remember the guy's name, or if he has even been seen yet, but Hershel mentioned him a couple times in the episode when talking to Rick about their medical options.

Pretty sure the drunk is the doctor, the Army medic with shell shock.
  • Options

don't remember the exact point that he appeared last episode, but i thought the doctor was the indian fellow that was kneeling down talking to hershel (?).

from a website that i linked below: "Plus we have Dr. S. — who said hi to Daryl during mealtime in the Season 4 premiere and became the center of the medical action in Episode 2, "Infected." A sneak peek for Episode 3 shows sick Sasha saying she needs to find Dr. S."

and "So Dr. S is now a biggish part of the story. Who is the guy? His full name is apparently Dr. Caleb Subramanian and he's played by actor Sunkrish Bala."

website might have some spoilers and hint at future plots so i wanted to quote without giving away other info. but here is the link for those interested: http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/ar ... ilers-dr-s
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    why don't they build a proper wall or something around the prison?
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Yarden wrote:

With what materials?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

With what materials?

i'm sure they can find materials somewhere in atlanta.. is it not plausible?
    what about a moat?
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Yarden wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

With what materials?

i'm sure they can find materials somewhere in atlanta.. is it not plausible?
    what about a moat?

Atlanta? They can't safely leave their fence line. How would they get supplies to build a proper fence from ATL to the prison?

I think (hope) these scenes are leading up to them hitting the road again. That was the pinnacle of the show so far. The whole crew on the road.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    rival. wrote:

girlfriend and i are making bets as to when we will finally get a glimpse of the governor. she thinks it will build and we won't see him until the mid-season finale, but i sure hope we see him sooner. such a great villain :corn:

The only time I want to see him is when zombies are eating his guts out while he's alive.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    rival. wrote:

girlfriend and i are making bets as to when we will finally get a glimpse of the governor. she thinks it will build and we won't see him until the mid-season finale, but i sure hope we see him sooner. such a great villain :corn:

The only time I want to see him is when zombies are eating his guts out while he's alive.

ah, come on... the governor is awesome :mrgreen:
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Side note, but my son sent me a text today telling me that Norman Reedus is going to be at his college this weekend (SCAD in Savannah, GA) for an acting workshop! He's got a 2014 Walking Dead Calender he's going to see if he can have autographed. :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    I bet somebody is sorry that he/she asked Marilyn Manson to be on the Talking Dead.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I bet somebody is sorry that he/she asked Marilyn Manson to be on the Talking Dead.

Haven't watched this episode, but I think the non show-affiliated guests this season have been awful. I know they usually are but this season seems even worse. Not sure why I waste my time with Talking Dead. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I felt a lot dumber just listening to Marilyn Manson speak. I heard people say he was actually well spoken and very articulate. He sounded like he had never watched the show and just wanted to turn the discussion into a junior high discussion about boobies.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    I felt a lot dumber just listening to Marilyn Manson speak. I heard people say he was actually well spoken and very articulate. He sounded like he had never watched the show and just wanted to turn the discussion into a junior high discussion about boobies.

He was horrendous!!!! A babbling idiot.

i love the packers.
    :|
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Haven't watched this episode, but I think the non show-affiliated guests this season have been awful. I know they usually are but this season seems even worse. Not sure why I waste my time with Talking Dead. :lol:

actually last week's guests (the comedian and the chick with the orange hair) were funny and had some good insight.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Carol is turning into a badass.
    Yep
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I didn't watch all of Talking Dead but I don't think Marilyn Manson did that bad. I thought he made some good points.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Really cool episode. I too hope they are going to have to go on the road.

I hope Glen does not die that would be sad.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

actually last week's guests (the comedian and the chick with the orange hair) were funny and had some good insight.

I agree. I like watching the Talking Dead and getting the perspectives of others, especially when the guests are from the show itself.
  • Options

I didn't watch all of Talking Dead but I don't think Marilyn Manson did that bad. I thought he made some good points.

Overall he did a terrible job, but there were a couple of times that he was not rambling and made some coherent comments. Eventually Chris Hardwick was cutting him off and trying to redirect the conversation to Jack Osborne and Gale Hurd.
  • Options
    carol :? didn't see that one coming.

hope glenn pulls through. he might be my favorite on the show and without a doubt my favorite off the show. ever watch his interviews with conan or any other interviews for that matter? dude is hilarious and highly marketable. GREAT for the show and would be a bad decision if the writers knocked him off.
  • Options
    glen won't die. if they kill off any major character, I doubt it would have a long lead up. Probably be a shocking, instant thing.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Hmmm....This season still hasn't pick up much for me yet..personally....Although I'm sure it will eventually.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    how the hell did Tyreese get away from all those walkers.... got an awesome ax swing but cmon... :D

kinda of a slow show till the end... i recently got caught up on all shows watching through netflix. man commercials and waiting for the next show suck.

who was doing the rat feeding? Bob? something gonna come up with him in the future no doubt.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Have heard the same; I even read his autobiography, which was pretty interesting, but after his first few comments on Talking Dead, I shut it off and went back to studying math.

Liked the episode and liking Carol's direction. She and Rick should hook up and Michonne and Daryl should. And I want to see more Michonne going full ninja action - she is my favorite character.

Did Tyreese get bitten? I couldn't tell. I think the 4th guy with the group going out to get the medicine (Bob?) is going to go next....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    who was doing the rat feeding? Bob? something gonna come up with him in the future no doubt.

no one knows yet. my guess was Lizzie (because she's so fucked up and was naming the walkers and getting sad when they "died"), but could be Bob too.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014