http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The Gov at the end was brilliant.

♯♫♪La-Bippy-Da-Bippy-Dum, La-Bippy-Da-Bippy-Doo♫♪♬

So freaking funny!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    And thats how they do it.... On Broadway
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Rick: "Are you ready? Or do you need something else before you start?"

Laurie: "My lips are sore already!"

Rick: "I know."

:lol::lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    This is hilarious.
    I got cheetah candy. It's pretty gross.
    I win.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    How is it possible that it doesn't look like we are close to hitting the saturation point on Zombies?

Vampires had a good ten year run but I think we maxed them out a year or two ago. But Zombies are still going strong.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Jason P wrote:
    How is it possible that it doesn't look like we are close to hitting the saturation point on Zombies?

Vampires had a good ten year run but I think we maxed them out a year or two ago. But Zombies are still going strong.

I think it is because the idea of zombies is more realistic to some people. They are based on science and not pure fiction. Obviously both are ridiculous concepts though.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Jason P wrote:

I thought we had... It took some serious convincing from a friend to watch Walking Dead cause i'm so tired of the zombie thing (Night of the Living Dead is my favorite horror movie, so i have nothing against zombies). Every video game now has a some zombie DLC, there is a zombie movie always in theaters. It is actually worse than the vampire thing ever was.

I think what did in the vampires was all the romance, taking out the horror and making them into misunderstood creatures. That's a lot harder to do with zombies, soccer moms and teenage girls don't fantasize about putrid zombie wang. Before that vampires were part of pop culture for decades. I blame Anne Rice for starting the vampire thing, though the 1st three books in that series was great.

Once some hack author starts writing a love story about a zombie and an outcast girl, that will end the zombie craze pretty quick.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I think part of it is the whole apocalypse idea. It is quite possible that a world wide disaster can happen whether it be a pandemic, a weather event, a war, etc. It won't be a zombie virus (I guess, but hey anything is possible ;) ), but we can relate to survivors struggling in a post apocalyptic world. I think that is the attraction for me. I've never been interested in horror movies (actually they scare me too bad), including vampire stuff, but the Zombie stuff, I'm hooked.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Walking Dead actress arrested in Ricin case

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u-s-world/shannon-guess-richardson-the-walking-dead-actress-texas-woman-arrested-in-ricin-case

She doesn't look familiar. Bit part I'm assuming, but I'm pretty behind.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Walking Dead actress arrested in Ricin case

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u-s-world/shannon-guess-richardson-the-walking-dead-actress-texas-woman-arrested-in-ricin-case

She doesn't look familiar. Bit part I'm assuming, but I'm pretty behind.

I checked imdb.com. she was a zombie.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Season 4 trailer premiering this Friday.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Season 4 trailer premiering this Friday.
    I'm hoping to see it at comic con. The panel is 2pm :)

I also am signed up to do the walking dead zombie run through petco park. I wanted to be a zombie but they already sold out all those slots :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Season 4 trailer from ComiCon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ

Oct 13th is the date.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Season 4 trailer from ComiCon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ

Oct 13th is the date.

Can't wait :corn:
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    Just got into this show and am nearly finished Season 3 - GREAT SHOW!! Love how each season gets better and better! Really looking forward to finishing season 3 in time to start season 4
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • I can't freaking wait.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • The Walking Dead continues to have some life to it.

Cable network AMC announced on Monday that in 2015 they will be launching a “companion series” to their wildly popular zombie drama, The Walking Dead. Details are scarce, but creator Robert Kirkman will serve as an executive producer along with Walking Dead executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

According to TV Line.com:

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said AMC prez Charlie Collier in a statement. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

Added Kirkman: “After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe. The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/tubular/2013/ ... -for-2015/

Awesome

Cable network AMC announced on Monday that in 2015 they will be launching a “companion series” to their wildly popular zombie drama, The Walking Dead. Details are scarce, but creator Robert Kirkman will serve as an executive producer along with Walking Dead executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said AMC prez Charlie Collier in a statement. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

Added Kirkman: “After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe. The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

Awesome

Well. I hope it is as awesome as TWD. So, am I correct in understanding that it is a story about the same ZA but a different cast of characters? Maybe in a different part of the country?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    The Walking Dead continues to have some life to it.

Awesome

Well. I hope it is as awesome as TWD. So, am I correct in understanding that it is a story about the same ZA but a different cast of characters? Maybe in a different part of the country?
    Sounds like it.
    I just hope the original story isn't diluted by the new show.
    Not sure I like this idea.

Awesome

Sounds like it
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mca47 wrote:

my concern as well.

we already have such an attachment to the original characters after watching them and the story develop as much as it has. i have a feeling the "spin off" might be less character driven and more action/fast paced to immediately get viewers on board and suck in fans as soon as possible.

i don't know how patient the fan base will be with this series, because if they don't like it off the bat, they won't mind turning it off as they still have the original storyline to fall back onto.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    rival. wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

my concern as well.

we already have such an attachment to the original characters after watching them and the story develop as much as it has. i have a feeling the "spin off" might be less character driven and more action/fast paced to immediately get viewers on board and suck in fans as soon as possible.

i don't know how patient the fan base will be with this series, because if they don't like it off the bat, they won't mind turning it off as they still have the original storyline to fall back onto.

I'm not sure how I feel about this either. I'm starting to feel like AMC wants to milk all it can out of its popular franchises. First the Breaking Bad spinoff and now this. I will, of course, wait to see how the projects turn out but I'm not really excited about them. I would rather they focus on trying to make TWD the best show it can be rather than cutting their budget and firing show runners ever year. On the other hand, this could be very promising if done right.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/ ... -dumber-to

The Walking Dead star Laurie Holden has landed a role in Peter and Bobby Farrelly's comedy sequel Dumb and Dumber To, starring alongside Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
  • Jason P wrote:

I thought we had... It took some serious convincing from a friend to watch Walking Dead cause i'm so tired of the zombie thing (Night of the Living Dead is my favorite horror movie, so i have nothing against zombies). Every video game now has a some zombie DLC, there is a zombie movie always in theaters. It is actually worse than the vampire thing ever was.

I think what did in the vampires was all the romance, taking out the horror and making them into misunderstood creatures. That's a lot harder to do with zombies, soccer moms and teenage girls don't fantasize about putrid zombie wang. Before that vampires were part of pop culture for decades. I blame Anne Rice for starting the vampire thing, though the 1st three books in that series was great.

Once some hack author starts writing a love story about a zombie and an outcast girl, that will end the zombie craze pretty quick.

I don't know, I think it's coming pretty close now. The amount of zombie commercials is getting lame. I just saw back to back zombie commercials, both EXTREMELY stupid, one for Sprint and the other for the Toyota Rav4. Then there have been a few for cable/satellite providers, one actually having Norman Reedus. Seeing soccer mom's smiling and talking to zombies, or little kids discussing how great the Rav4 is for surviving the zombie apocalypse in cutsie wutsie commercials has the capability of taking the edge off and making it very "not cool" to many.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

• I guess you have to live with granny panties in the zombie apocalypse!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Better Dan wrote:
    I'm not sure how I feel about this either. I'm starting to feel like AMC wants to milk all it can out of its popular franchises. First the Breaking Bad spinoff and now this. I will, of course, wait to see how the projects turn out but I'm not really excited about them. I would rather they focus on trying to make TWD the best show it can be rather than cutting their budget and firing show runners ever year. On the other hand, this could be very promising if done right.

I wonder if, to give the show an initial boost, if they will have any character crossover, like have the Governor in an episode, or if there is a minor occurrence where we find out the new show is in a different time period, like if we see the baby as a teenager or something like that. Or Glenn and Maggie on a zombie farm with 7 kids. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-deads-laurie-holden-joins-dumb-and-dumber-to

The Walking Dead star Laurie Holden has landed a role in Peter and Bobby Farrelly's comedy sequel Dumb and Dumber To, starring alongside Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.

that movie, while funny, should be left at one.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014