The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Well there goes Villanova's chance at a #1 seed, IMO.

2 seed is nothing to sneeze at.

they better be doing nothing but foul shots all week. knew that would come back to bite them at some point.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

Well there goes Villanova's chance at a #1 seed, IMO.

2 seed is nothing to sneeze at.

they better be doing nothing but foul shots all week. knew that would come back to bite them at some point.
    i know, but a #1 seed would have been pretty cool

Looks like St. Joe's should def. be in with their win today
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    oh boy.....lunardi has nova as a 2 and st joes as a 10......with a potential 2nd round match up again........
    www.myspace.com

oh boy.....lunardi has nova as a 2 and st joes as a 10......with a potential 2nd round match up again........

with Kansas losing still a small shot at a #1 seed. St. Joe's probably will be a lower seed especially of they win today. That would kinda suck for philly fans if Nova and St. Joe's were to face off in the 2nd round.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Wow
    www.myspace.com

Wow

image and to top that off Delaware is in the same region
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Congrats to the Hawks. A10 Champs baby. that was a fun ride this past weekend.

10 seed basically shows that yesterday's game didn't mean anything for seeding purposes.

UConn tough matchup. 50/50 game there. I always wonder when teams go on runs to win their conference tourney like the Hawks did if they have anything left for next week. should be interesting to see how the Hawks react.

like the 6:55 and 9:30 start times for Hawks and Nova games. Will be well liquored up by those game times.

Saturday - well not ideal for either squad if it comes to pass. I think Nova would probably rather avoid us there and as mentioned losing to that fan base in the NCAAs might be unbearable. but the worst part for me...my niece is getting married Saturday and might have to miss the game depending on the game time. are you fucking kidding me? either way lots of boozing coming up.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Congrats guys and good luck. Would you rather them not meet in the second?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    St Joes is a LOCK with Nova looming in round 2. Talk about motivation.

If this game comes to fruition...wow. I don't know what to say. But it will be fucking nuts. All of the pressure will be on Nova though. If they can get by that game ....I love this bracket. I think they have a chance to make a deep run.

Gonna be fun boys!
    www.myspace.com

If this game comes to fruition...wow. I don't know what to say. But it will be fucking nuts. All of the pressure will be on Nova though. If they can get by that game ....I love this bracket. I think they have a chance to make a deep run.

Gonna be fun boys!

I think the East is stacked. yes Virginia is not the best 1 but they will defend the heck out of you. Michigan State as the 4 is brutal, love this Iowa State team as the 3, and North Carolina as a 6 can be really tough. Iowa State-UNC possible 2nd round game would be a heck of a game.

definitely gonna be fun. my favorite week of the year.
    pjhawks said:

Gonna be fun boys!

I think the East is stacked. yes Virginia is not the best 1 but they will defend the heck out of you. Michigan State as the 4 is brutal, love this Iowa State team as the 3, and North Carolina as a 6 can be really tough. Iowa State-UNC possible 2nd round game would be a heck of a game.

yeah but compared to the midwest, for example, it seems a lot easier to me. i think providence beats unc. i like nova to get to elite 8.....but either st joes or uconn will be a fucking battle on saturday.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

Gonna be fun boys!

yeah but compared to the midwest, for example, it seems a lot easier to me. i think providence beats unc. i like nova to get to elite 8.....but either st joes or uconn will be a fucking battle on saturday.

Nova is one of my absolute lock covers against the spread in the 1st round (yea I know it's considered the 2nd round but to me Thursday-Friday will always be the 1st round). I think they dominate from minute one on Thursday night.

I think Iowa State in the Sweet 16 would be a very tough matchup for Nova.

and I think UNC is a lock against Providence. I am always wary of teams who won their conference tournaments who weren't high seeds in them. they are usually good but not great teams who asking to play really well two weekends in a row which is difficult. My Hawks are kind of in this same boat as well.
    I hear you...all I know is from watching Providence oer the last few weeks, they are one o those tough minded teams that can give you a tough time. Took Nova 3 OT's to beat them last time
    www.myspace.com
    edited March 2014
    well i was hoping for a holy war in march, even though it would have scared the hell out of me....i'll settle for a battle with a former big east foe. nova has to play a lot better to beat uconn....nice to have them coming off an overtime game though.

hashtag--go.cats.
    www.myspace.com
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    edited March 2014
    my seats were pretty kickass in Orlando yesterday
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    SOB...cant even figure out how to post pics anymore. Hate this new forum
    We were but stones your light made us stars

SOB...cant even figure out how to post pics anymore. Hate this new forum

just click on the Picture icon and paste your image when the new window appears.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Should have known better than to pick Nova going to the final four ~X(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    well that was hugely disappointing.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Those were tough endings to a good year for you guys. Shabazz was ridiculous.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

well that was hugely disappointing.

what the heck happened to Nova's offense? between Big East tourney and NCAAs seems to have went south. Didn't see the UConn game but they were pretty awful in the opening round. if they would have played any good mid-major they probably would have lost that one. All they lose is Bell though I think so should still be tops in the Big East next year.

Hawks - played well against UConn just couldn't close. freaking up 3 with 40 seconds and guy throws in an overhanded rebounded and bangs a foul shot even though only 58% for the season. Galloway panicked at end after losing the ball. if his shot hits the rim it's probably bouncing right back to him. would have been a nice game to win especially since next year looks like rebuilding again.

great tourney so far. some great games.
    i have no idea what happened to nova. they made more 3's than 2's....and didn't shoot 3's all that well. pinkston missed about 50 layups. no idea.

bell leaves, hart takes his place. jenkins also played well as a freshman. they have a couple solid incoming kids next year. huge missed opportunity though. everything was so wide open this year.

i'll tell you this though, watching the wichita state/kentucky nearly game took my mind off the loss quicker than i anticipated. that was one of the better college basketball games you will ever see.
    www.myspace.com

i have no idea what happened to nova. they made more 3's than 2's....and didn't shoot 3's all that well. pinkston missed about 50 layups. no idea.

bell leaves, hart takes his place. jenkins also played well as a freshman. they have a couple solid incoming kids next year. huge missed opportunity though. everything was so wide open this year.

i'll tell you this though, watching the wichita state/kentucky nearly game took my mind off the loss quicker than i anticipated. that was one of the better college basketball games you will ever see.

Hart and Jenkins are going to be really good for Nova. I think their upsides are really high. honestly think their upsides are higher than anyone else on the Nova roster at the current time.

Wichita State and Kentucky was a great game. big shots being made all over the place. Early was unbelievable for Wichita. I know VanVleet was their top 3 point shooter but I would have preferred a shot for Early or Baker at the end.
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/03/dante-cunningham-mug-shot-timberwolves-player-busted-for-domestic-violence/

always seemed like a good guy when he played at Nova. not sure what happened here but not good if true.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    I heard from my good friend, who scouts HS Hoops, is telling me that it looks like a done deal that Tim Delaney, a JR. From Pitman, NJ, and who has made a verbal commit to 'Nova, will transfer to Blair Academy in Blairstown, N.J.

He helped Pitman to the Group-1 State Title this past season.
    cutz said:

I heard from my good friend, who scouts HS Hoops, is telling me that it looks like a done deal that Tim Delaney, a JR. From Pitman, NJ, and who has made a verbal commit to 'Nova, will transfer to Blair Academy in Blairstown, N.J.

Why is he transferring? Better competition or something?
    www.myspace.com
    since i saw this thread bumped thought i'd post this article on Delonte West. Great (but long) read.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/06/delonte_west_he_was_branded_as_crazy_and_became_the_subject_of_a_vicious.html

word is Delonte is getting a tryout with the Clippers and will play on their summer league team.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

cutz said:

Why is he transferring? Better competition or something?
    The rumor is that he played on some team that went to Germany, i think last summer, and one of the coaches(not sure if it was the head-coach) is from Blair Academy.

Delaney's parent, or parents(thier split), was paying tuition for him to go to Pitman. Not sure how they settled on Pitman, as far as it being a GREAT HS program and being such a small school that doesn't play TOP competition. He's suppose to be a great student & Blair is a great academic school and they do play pretty good competition, so who knows.