The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    special team brewing on the main line right now...love the depth. senior leadership coming from bell. young bucks contributing right away. arch and pinkston are the heart. hilliard is the steady rock. ennis is the jolt of energy they needed. need ochefu to fix whatever his issue is and they gotta trim the turnovers down but damn, it appears jay really righted this ship. couple years ago people were writing him and this team off. he just needed some time to rebuild.

this tourney championship has got to help with recruiting too. i know they're in the mix for a couple top recruits right now. things are looking up once again. go cats.

that Iowa game was a great game to watch (other than the result :D ). high level game there so early in the season.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    number 14

hey. oh.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Decent game between Temple and St. Joe's tonight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Decent game between Temple and St. Joe's tonight.

not for us Hawk fans. Temple is not very good and still the Hawks managed to lose to them. Painful being a Hawks fan. time for Phil to go. good news is we get Nova next. that should go well :roll:
    surprised nothing from Juggler after the beat down of the Hawks. Nova is really good. hate them but this team has it going on. play so hard, lots of perimeter options, play really well together and pinkston is a tough matchup. jay has them fully back. I think this is their best team since the Final 4 team.
    pjhawks wrote:
    surprised nothing from Juggler after the beat down of the Hawks. Nova is really good. hate them but this team has it going on. play so hard, lots of perimeter options, play really well together and pinkston is a tough matchup. jay has them fully back. I think this is their best team since the Final 4 team.

i wasn't able to see the game. just kept getting updates on my phone. st joes stinks. i figured that would have been a cake walk.

looking forward to the syracuse game in a couple weeks. another big out of conference test before conference play starts.
    www.myspace.com
    #8..... :shh: :shh: :shh:

villanova%20logo.png
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

villanova%20logo.png

Who did they play last Sunday, I missed it?

:lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    obviously way too early for this kind of stuff...but in prep for the syrcause game, i was checking out the rpi/bpi rankings and stuff.....low and behold, the team with the best odds of winning the tournament right now, per lunardi? YOUR villanova wildcats. :thumbup:

gonna be a fun year
    www.myspace.com
    I didn't think college basketball started yet. :cry:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

villanova%20logo.png

su_logo.jpg
    when they went up 25-7 i turned to my wife and said, "this might be the best team jay wright has ever had...." this immediately proceeded a 31-7 run by syracuse. :lol:

can't win them all and they will struggle against bigger teams like that when the 3's are not falling. took way too many bad shots early in the shot clock too. syracuse is good.

by the way, could the ennis brothers look anymore different?
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    when they went up 25-7 i turned to my wife and said, "this might be the best team jay wright has ever had...." this immediately proceeded a 31-7 run by syracuse. :lol:

can't win them all and they will struggle against bigger teams like that when the 3's are not falling. took way too many bad shots early in the shot clock too. syracuse is good.

by the way, could the ennis brothers look anymore different?

I only saw part of it, but was following on my phone and was pretty shocked. Syracuse is looking good, but have most of these past few years.
    so i'm guessing nova might be in the top 10 again after a successful start to the new big east season combined with a couple losses from teams ahead of them.

the announcing crews on fox sports are pretty damn good. bill raferty and gus johnson together is great to listen to. nice to hear dick stockton's voice call games also.
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2014
    LaSalle's above .500 again. A-10 schedule starts this week. Time to get busy living or get busy dying. They're just not shooting the ball well as a team. 40% Fg's and 31% 3's. Duren needs to pick it up as a Sr. PG

Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

LaSalle's above .500 again. A-10 schedule starts this week. Time to get busy living or get busy dying. They're just not shooting the ball well as a team. 40% Fg's and 31% 3's. Duren needs to pick it up as a Sr. PG

A10 is really good this year with a lot of good teams. Maybe only UMass is great but lots of teams in the mix for the rest of the spots. Hawks are looking really average. My guess would be 7-9 or 8-8 in the league for the Hawks. Open up Wednesday night at UMass which I'm not sure Hawks can come within 20 of them.

Hawks and Explorers get each other 2x this year. Both played on campuses though as opposed to the Palestra.

Nova looks to be the best team in the Big East. they are probably going to end up like 27-3 or something ridiculous like that.

Going to be weird with no Big Monday anymore.
    NUMBER SIX
    www.myspace.com

NUMBER SIX

Nice, I still haven't seen them play yet. LaSalle has pulled off 3 in a row and has 3 more winnable games before VCU. I didn't realize how injured Duren was in the beginning of the year. He almost red shirted but is much healthier now. LaSalle is 298th in the country in FG%.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

NUMBER SIX

:-bd
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    JK_Livin - making it down for ESPN Gameday on Saturday for LaSalle-Temple?

Hawks play Penn at the Palestra Saturday night after the Lasalle-Temple noon game.

last night's Hawks game is why I keep my sports betting to a minimum. Hawks had a 30 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game and put in 2 end of the bench scholarship players and 3 walk-ons and the Duquesne coach kept his starters in and pressing and cut the lead to 9 by the end of the game. and yup guess what the spread was? hawks by 9.5.
    Yes, you? Not sure if I'm going into Gameday early but I'll probably be at the New Deck by 8am. Our group is split. Some want to go into the Palestra at 8 and some don't. Then some want to out after the game to McGillins and make a night of it. I'd be asleep by 5 if I went to McGillins. My kid has a game at 4:30 so I'm bailing after the LU/TU game. I can't hang like that any more.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Martelli should've been pissed htat they were pressing v. bench scrubs.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Yes, you? Not sure if I'm going into Gameday early but I'll probably be at the New Deck by 8am. Our group is split. Some want to go into the Palestra at 8 and some don't. Then some want to out after the game to McGillins and make a night of it. I'd be asleep by 5 if I went to McGillins. My kid has a game at 4:30 so I'm bailing after the LU/TU game. I can't hang like that any more.

with the Hawks playing at night won't make it to LaSalle-Temple although I kind of wish now I had planned it out earlier in the year to make it to both. would have been great. New Deck at 8:00 am. is a BIG effort. good job there. really enjoy the New Deck but I think we are hitting up Declan's Well before the Hawks game. That is a new place that Aiden from the New Deck opened himself. It's at 33rd and Walnut. Haven't been there yet.

reading the Daily News at lunch and they had a lot of Palestra stuff. Brings back so many memories including a lot of my dad who started taking me and my brothers to games there very early. I can remember games from the time I was 5 or 6 there. I wish the A10 still played their tourney there. Had a few great times there in the early 90s when it was played there.
    HOLY SHIT, WE CAN THROW STREAMERS TOMORROW!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

HOLY SHIT, WE CAN THROW STREAMERS TOMORROW!

saw where they might do that for that game. i guess it's a go then? that's pretty cool if so. remember doing it as a kid. was fun.
    Awesome atmosphere with a packed Palestra. I was a little disappointed there were no streamers but it was still great. I can't remember the last time I opened a bar at 8am. LaSalle's FT shooting almost cost them the game.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    NUMBER

www.myspace.com
    Just like Jay Wright should, I'm going to throw the tape of that Nova game last night. It was the 1st chance I've had to see them play this year. Wragge, are you kidding me?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Just like Jay Wright should, I'm going to throw the tape of that Nova game last night. It was the 1st chance I've had to see them play this year. Wragge, are you kidding me?

they could have beaten any team in the country the way they were shooting last night. that was unreal.
    www.myspace.com
    Creighton is better than I thought, lol. One dude was shooting the lights out.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC