The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Man, Temple may have just lost out on a BIG TIME recruit. My friend(the HS scout) has been telling me for weeks that this kid was leaning to Temple, but who knows now. Maybe you remember this guy?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/report-rick-brunson-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-assault/
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    cutz said:

Man, Temple may have just lost out on a BIG TIME recruit. My friend(the HS scout) has been telling me for weeks that this kid was leaning to Temple, but who knows now. Maybe you remember this guy?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/report-rick-brunson-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-assault/

yea saw this. what a kick in the pants to Dunph. Not only was Brunson supposedly coming with his dad but he was going to bring Levan Alston's son who is at Haverford School i believe and is a top 100 recruit as well.
    cutz said:

so apparently Jalen Brunson is announcing on wednesday between Nova and Illinois and looks like Nova is going to be it. This has to be devastating to Temple fans.
    edited September 2014
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

so apparently Jalen Brunson is announcing on wednesday between Nova and Illinois and looks like Nova is going to be it. This has to be devastating to Temple fans.
    Yeah, if he does go to Nova.

My friend, who has some scouting buddies in Illinois, have been reporting all along that he's going to Illinois. For some reason Brunson didn't take all of his visits, and Nova was one he didn't visit and that's another reason why the guess is Illinois. Hope he goes to Nova. I saw him last year score OVER 50 pt.s in the State Final.

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

My friend, who has some scouting buddies in Illinois, have been reporting all along that he's going to Illinois. For some reason Brunson didn't take all of his visits, and Nova was one he didn't visit and that's another reason why the guess is Illinois. Hope he goes to Nova. I saw him last year score OVER 50 pt.s in the State Final.

he visited Nova last weekend. he cancelled Temple's which was supposed to be this weekend. Apparently the family wants to move back from the area...i'm guessing when your dad sexually assaults someone moving out of the area is probably a good idea.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

http://www.vuhoops.com/2014/9/10/6133395/jalen-brunsons-commitment-signals-growth-for-jay-wright-villanova-and

this might be jay's biggest recruit ever. i can't believe this...was sure he would opt for illinois just like all these other top recruits who say nova is in their final few schools. fucking huge for nova as well as the big east.

he's the real deal cutz?

sorry johnny!
    www.myspace.com

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

http://www.vuhoops.com/2014/9/10/6133395/jalen-brunsons-commitment-signals-growth-for-jay-wright-villanova-and

this might be jay's biggest recruit ever. i can't believe this...was sure he would opt for illinois just like all these other top recruits who say nova is in their final few schools. fucking huge for nova as well as the big east.

he's the real deal cutz?

sorry johnny!
    Yeah, he is the real deal. Plus, if you go by the rankings, he is a LOCK to be a McDonalds All American. GREAT get for Nova, and like you said, The Big East too.

That State Final game i saw last year he was so good it was RIDICULOUS.

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

he's the real deal cutz?

sorry johnny!
    Jason Frazier was a top 3 , if not #1 recruit in the country.

as much as I dislike Nova I can't imagine anyone choosing to play for John Groce over Jay Wright.

Dunph must be banging his head against the wall repeatedly about this one.
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

he's the real deal cutz?

sorry johnny!

as much as I dislike Nova I can't imagine anyone choosing to play for John Groce over Jay Wright.

yeah, good point. i just mean in terms of where the new conference is at right now, this might be considered on that same level.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

he's the real deal cutz?

sorry johnny!

yeah, good point. i just mean in terms of where the new conference is at right now, this might be considered on that same level.
    yea big for the league but the Big East needs another team to step up to compete with Nova year in and year out. Nova looks like they could end up dominating this league over the next 4 or 5 years.
    edited November 2014
    i think this nova team is good enough to make a deep run come march. something to be said for an older team who's played with each other for a few years now...plus they out hustle their opponent night in, night out.
    www.myspace.com

i think this nova team is good enough to make a deep run come march. something to be said for an older team who's played with each other for a few years now...plus they out hustle their opponent night in, night out.

I loved Nova tonight. Jay always has them ready in these big out of conference games and beating VCU is about beating their press.

if Nova stays healthy they will be good enough to beat just about everyone outside of Kentucky. Just think Kentucky is too big for them.

Big East has had a great start to the season. they've already had some big wins.

of course my Hawks aren't very good again. .500 probably.

LaSalle looks pretty good again. Temple will be better. Penn is awful.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Wow, and I thought Ennis' 1st half block was nice. Looks like the Cats will be good this year. Tell them to take it easy on my Explorers next week. LaSalle has #8 Virginia Friday night at the Barclays.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    usually when an offensive player gets knocked to the ground it's a foul. i guess not on that one though.

great game though. glad i stayed up to watch it (except for the ending). high level and high energy game. Jay gets them to play so hard.

and shouldn't we start a 2014-2015 thread. i hate seeing the 2013-2014 title.
    i actually think he got all ball. if you watch in slow motion, he doesn't move his hand down on the guys arm right away, rather he moves it kind of behind his head. unbelievable play.
    www.myspace.com

i actually think he got all ball. if you watch in slow motion, he doesn't move his hand down on the guys arm right away, rather he moves it kind of behind his head. unbelievable play.

I was wondering if the guy from behind fouled him but oh well.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

i think he got all ball as well but it is very difficult for a ref to see that he got all ball on a play like that which is why they usually call a foul when a guy falls like that.

pretty amazing play that he didn't foul him coming from the guarding the in-bounder though.

and I love Dan Dakich as a commentator. he is highly underrated and really gives a lot of good insights.
    Nice comeback by LaSalle tonight. Down 20, had it down to 4 at the line and bricked the 1&1. They can play good D but the FT shooting is horrendous.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Did Temple leave the A10 this year or last year? I was looking at the standing and i forgot they went to the american conference.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    yeah dakich

Did Temple leave the A10 this year or last year? I was looking at the standing and i forgot they went to the american conference.

last year was their first year in the american
    www.myspace.com
    not sure i've every had less enthusiasm for a St. Joe-Nova game as the one tomorrow. Nova 78-46 is my prediction. Nova's 2nd team would beat this Hawks team by double digits.

that being said as it is on every day that ends in Y...Fuck Nova
    pjhawks said:

not sure i've every had less enthusiasm for a St. Joe-Nova game as the one tomorrow. Nova 78-46 is my prediction. Nova's 2nd team would beat this Hawks team by double digits.

it is more fun and interesting when the other big 5 teams are also good.

www.myspace.com
    LaSalle played Villanova pretty well the other night.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pjhawks said:

almost spot on man :))

is st. joe's really that bad this year? i didn't watch the game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    this is a legitimate final four contending team.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Fuck nova
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    Fuck nova

only on days that end in Y.

and for the 2nd time they get away with a foul at the end of the game. Cooney gets knocked over and no call. probably at least 2 fouls on the play for the steal to tie the game.
    this is a legitimate final four contending team.

nice win yesterday.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    Fuck nova

hell yeah! only good part of the weekend. 2 thoughts-

1- how old is cooney now? 30? I feel like he's been there since 2005.
    2- nova needed a win like this. things have been too easy so far. I think this is a legitimate final four contending team. gonna be a fun season.

go cats.
    www.myspace.com