The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks said:

good win for the Hawks. basically controlled the game. LaSalle just not the same team as last year. I thought LaSalle's defense was pretty terrible. Hawks could have gotten anything they wanted.

Everyone is waiting for someone else to do something rather than stepping up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

nova not looking to good against Creighton again

rough one. tough place to play and they match up very well with nova. how good a college basketball player is mcdermott? not sure what he will be in the nba, but is certainly a beast at this level...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

nova not looking to good against Creighton again

rough one. tough place to play and they match up very well with nova. how good a college basketball player is mcdermott? not sure what he will be in the nba, but is certainly a beast at this level...
    going in I liked Nova in this game so was pretty surprising to see them get thumped again. just a bad matchup for Nova.

McDermott is unbelievable. some of those fade aways he made are just not shots that college guys usually make. so he is going to be a 3-time All-American. will we ever see that again?
    That game almost gave me a heart attack. Providence could make a little noise if they get in. That's a feisty team.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

That game almost gave me a heart attack. Providence could make a little noise if they get in. That's a feisty team.

I think that Coach(Cooley) might win Big East Coach of the year.

He lost an McDonalds All American to injury too.

latest bracketology has a potential nova/st joes 2nd round match up. that would be interesting.
    www.myspace.com

latest bracketology has a potential nova/st joes 2nd round match up. that would be interesting.

that's probably Lunardi having a little fun. I don't think I could handle that though. losing to nova in and NCAA Tourny game then having to listen to that asshole fan base for the rest of my life. they already act like they are Duke.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    GOCARDS!
    aqo2t.jpg
    edited February 2014
    pjhawks said:

that's probably Lunardi having a little fun. I don't think I could handle that though. losing to nova in and NCAA Tourny game then having to listen to that asshole fan base for the rest of my life. they already act like they are Duke.
    i would highly enjoy it

cbs has the same potential match up too...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    So does St. Joe's get in the big dance? Still too early to tell, guess as of right now i would say yes. They should get in as long as they do well in the A10 tourny.

Nova a 2 seed I guess.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Random question.

Does anyone know if they sell beer at the Liacouras center for non NCAA events? You would have to imagine they do for a fight right?

Random question.

Does anyone know if they sell beer at the Liacouras center for non NCAA events? You would have to imagine they do for a fight right?

they sell beer for temple games, i would assume they do for fights.
    www.myspace.com

So does St. Joe's get in the big dance? Still too early to tell, guess as of right now i would say yes. They should get in as long as they do well in the A10 tourny.

Nova a 2 seed I guess.

i would be shocked if they get anything less than a 2 at this point. they looked real good today. st joes is pretty much in, i think.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Random question.

they sell beer for temple games, i would assume they do for fights.
    Ah alright, yeah. Definitely then. Thanks. Didn't realize they did for temple

Nova a 2 seed I guess.

i would be shocked if they get anything less than a 2 at this point. they looked real good today. st joes is pretty much in, i think.
    Hawks looking really good for a bid. would have to lose out I think now not to make it. Play at GW on Wednesday night and LaSalle at home Sunday afternoon. Win at GW on Wednesday and can talk about seeding. just need one win or a VCU loss in 2 games to secure 2nd place in the A10. 2nd place in this league is getting you in. they are playing really good ball right now.

Nova - I think Nova has to be almost a lock 2 at this point. would take an awful lot for them to move to a 1 and unless they lose to someone unexpected can't imagine them dropping to a 3.
    edited March 2014
    nova...currently a 1 seed with jerry palm's bracketology...

can lock up big east reg season title on thursday. gonna be a great tournament. so many teams have a shot at getting to the final four.
    www.myspace.com

nova...currently a 1 seed with jerry palm's bracketology...

can lock up big east reg season title on thursday. gonna be a great tournament. so many teams have a shot at getting to the final four.

hard to believe Syracuse has gone in the tank like this. Obviously they are missing Grant but losing to an awful BC and GA Tech teams is kind of shocking.

it really is going to be wide open. other than Florida hard to even say any team is a lock to get to the Sweet 16 this year.
    edited March 2014
    YOUR villanova wildcats are honed in on a 1 seed at this point. figure they win the BE tourney and they got it. 1 or 2--doesn't really matter that much though. just the cache of saying they are a number 1 seed would be really fucking cool.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Villanova should do well in tourny as long as they don't play Creighton! :))
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

fuck creighton! i hope they are playing them in 6 days
    www.myspace.com

fuck creighton! i hope they are playing them in 6 days
    could very well be. if they do hopefully it will be a closer game than the other ones.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    How the heck did St. Joe's let LaSalle win? LaSalle has been so dysfunctional this year.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

How the heck did St. Joe's let LaSalle win? LaSalle has been so dysfunctional this year.

Hawks just flat out choked under the pressure of senior day and the tourney bubble. players and coaches reacted with very tight assholes. phil froze up and didn't have any answers. couldn't believe it as I viewed it and can't believe it today. now are going to have to beat Dayton in the A10 Quarters to secure a bid. just a terrible loss because of the situation. hard to believe they might gag up an almost assured NCAA bid from a week ago.
    Does Martelli keep his job if they don't get in now?
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Hawks just flat out choked under the pressure of senior day and the tourney bubble. players and coaches reacted with very tight assholes. phil froze up and didn't have any answers. couldn't believe it as I viewed it and can't believe it today. now are going to have to beat Dayton in the A10 Quarters to secure a bid. just a terrible loss because of the situation. hard to believe they might gag up an almost assured NCAA bid from a week ago.
    Wow. I wasn't able to watch it but I was following the score. Someone told me LaSalle actually played some decent defense.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

most likely. school having financial issues not sure they are going to buy him out. has 2 years left on his contract and wanted an extension last year. as poorly as their athletic department is run my guess is he gets an a 2 year extension either way.

personally I think he needs to be gone. if they don't make it this year will be 1 NCAA Tourney in 10 years since Jameer left. that sucks.
    pjhawks said:

most likely. school having financial issues not sure they are going to buy him out. has 2 years left on his contract and wanted an extension last year. as poorly as their athletic department is run my guess is he gets an a 2 year extension either way.

personally I think he needs to be gone. if they don't make it this year will be 1 NCAA Tourney in 10 years since Jameer left. that sucks.
    if you guys don't get in and he comes back, i would be beside myself if i were a hawk fan. his career arc there reminds me andy reid's with the birds a little bit. he's been coasting off of the success he had back in the early 2000's for a decade now. that would drive me crazy.

www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

if you guys don't get in and he comes back, i would be beside myself if i were a hawk fan. his career arc there reminds me andy reid's with the birds a little bit. he's been coasting off of the success he had back in the early 2000's for a decade now. that would drive me crazy.

it does drive us Hawk fans crazy. most want a change. it's a decade of mediocrity or worse but he has lots of support from the AD and a contract that has been too large to buy out. The AD DiJulia is like 70 something years old and frankly way past his time but the culture at St. Joe's is to not fire people. it's a very old boys network and unless the Board of Directors steps up to override DiJulia he isn't going anywhere. I do know that a few of the high money donors were unhappy with him earlier in the year before the turn around. Blowing an NCAA bid might spur those big money donors again but the school is facing a lot of financial issues. might be hard to justify buying out Phil and adding another coach when the school is trying to cut costs in all other departments. it will get interesting if they don't make it but ultimately I don't see them making a change at this point no matter how much the fans and supports raise their voices.

right now Palm and Lunardi stil have them in but basically have to win 1st A10 game on Friday which will most likely be Dayton who will be playing for their Tourney life as well. basically it's a play-in game.
    A fitting end to a forgettable year. Garland 0-7. We'll always have the SW Philly Floater. Don't let the door hit you in the ass!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Well there goes Villanova's chance at a #1 seed, IMO.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC