Options

The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    pjhawks wrote:
    especially during years when my team b-l-o-w-s" ...there's not much you can say about the cowboys when the eagles suck. kinda like how a fan of an 8 win st joes team ( :lol: ) has no business ripping nova for "sucking."

thanks for the edit though. some good work there.

well then shouldn't you not be in the SF Giants thread since they kicked our ass and won the title? add hypocrite to the list as well :|:|:|

well unless you think the phils "b-l-o-w" because we lost the nlcs in 6 games and are the odds on favorites to win the world series. :? blowing is being 3-11 in conference dude.

maybe you should sit the next few posts out.

nah who would call you out for the things you clearly are. so far we are up to 3 listed today - want to go for more?

but good luck to nova tonight, i hope for you they can put together a good effort, hate to have to listen to jay whine and make excuses again.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

well then shouldn't you not be in the SF Giants thread since they kicked our ass and won the title? add hypocrite to the list as well :|:|:|

well unless you think the phils "b-l-o-w" because we lost the nlcs in 6 games and are the odds on favorites to win the world series. :? blowing is being 3-11 in conference dude.

maybe you should sit the next few posts out.

nah who would call you out for the things you clearly are. so far we are up to 3 listed today - want to go for more?

but good luck to nova tonight, i hope for you they can put together a good effort, hate to have to listen to jay whine and make excuses again.

thanks!

and good luck to the vaunted st joe hawk against richmond this week on their quest for double digit victories on the season. hopefully martelli won't threaten "vengeance" on you guys if they lose again :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well john it is looking more and more likely that your squad may be the last big 5 team standing for the first time in a while.

i'm glad i had to work late last night so i couldn't see that debacle. sheesh!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    well john it is looking more and more likely that your squad may be the last big 5 team standing for the first time in a while.

Yeah I saw some of it - pretty ugly. I was trying to think of a circumstance when I'd root for Notre Dame in anything and I came up empty.

Looking rough for the Cats right now, they'll still have a 6 or 7 seed. They can work with that.

Owls still need to make it out of the 1st round. They will have trouble moving up to a 6 seed, unless maybe they 4-peat at the A-10.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Yeah I saw some of it - pretty ugly. I was trying to think of a circumstance when I'd root for Notre Dame in anything and I came up empty.

Looking rough for the Cats right now, they'll still have a 6 or 7 seed. They can work with that.

Owls still need to make it out of the 1st round. They will have trouble moving up to a 6 seed, unless maybe they 4-peat at the A-10.

i think nova's gotta win a couple games next week to get a 6. lunardi has them 6 and temple 7 as of yesterday morning. i can see nova in the dreaded 8/9 game.....they were the 12th seed 3 years ago when they went to the sweet 16 though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i think nova's gotta win a couple games next week to get a 6. lunardi has them 6 and temple 7 as of yesterday morning. i can see nova in the dreaded 8/9 game.....they were the 12th seed 3 years ago when they went to the sweet 16 though.

The seeding is a little overrated (except that the 8/9 seed is terrible). As long as you don't get stuck playing someone like 2010 Cornell... :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

And Nova still stinks7-9 loss team in the Big East this year. Other than shoot foul shots they really don't do anything great. Other than Stokes they can't shoot a lick and have no depth at all. By end of january they will .500 in the Big East and people will be wondering what is wrong with them. They've really only played 2 good basketball teams, tennesee and temple and one decent team in ucla. the rest have all sucked.

and Jaegs check Wayns and Fisher's 3-point percentage this year, it's putrid. wayns is good but nowhere near as good as Lowry. Lowry was so physical and tough. Wayns will not get to the basket at will in the Big East.

umm, care to retract this yet?

:lol:

umm...? anything, beuller, beuller....?

2-4 in the their last six and those two were squaking by two lousy teams. and still haven't played the two best teams on the road.

still no comment Jaegs?
    headline in today's inquirer 'what's wrong with Nova?' just like i said would happen. maybe stop focusing on one word of what i wrote above and focus on the whole paragraph. spot on.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    still no comment Jaegs?
    headline in today's inquirer 'what's wrong with Nova?' just like i said would happen. maybe stop focusing on one word of what i wrote above and focus on the whole paragraph. spot on.

Were you rooting for Notre Dame hawks? I don't think I could root for that school even over Duke.

(Actually Nova played Duke that one year (beat them too) - who were you pulling for there?)

• Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    still no comment Jaegs?

Were you rooting for Notre Dame hawks? I don't think I could root for that school even over Duke.

(Actually Nova played Duke that one year (beat them too) - who were you pulling for there?)

only for about 5 minutes, the game was over pretty quickly :lol:

can't imagine any scenario where i would ever cheer for nova or the dallas cowboys. just ain't ever happenening.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    still no comment Jaegs?

has a fan of a 3-11 team (in conference...but soon to be 3-12 in a few hours) ever talked so much shit on a top 25 team... ever? wtf? :roll:

this is pathetic. good god.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    st joes is in a must win situation.....just to make it into the a10 tourney... as the last seed. :lol::lol:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/col ... ament.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    cory fisher (who blows) to get an MRI on his knee.

That's a shame (in the seinfeld voice)
  • Options
    st joes is in a must win situation.....just to make it into the a10 tourney... as the last seed. :lol::lol:

if you want something to laugh at just check out the 2010-2011 towson tigers. good god.

sorry, I know they don't pertain to the Big 5. Carry on
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

if you want something to laugh at just check out the 2010-2011 towson tigers. good god.

rough year for the tigers, eh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know how pat kennedy still has a job. Dude is living off of his rep at Florida St from the bob sura/sam cassell days.

I don't know who was worse this year...towson hoops or towson football. pathetic.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know how pat kennedy still has a job. Dude is living off of his rep at Florida St from the bob sura/sam cassell days.

I don't know who was worse this year...towson hoops or towson football. pathetic.

ah yes, wilkes-barre's own, bob sura. :lol:

girl i went out with in college knew him. and her mom taught him in elementary school. guy could shoot from down town back in the day...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

girl i went out with in college knew him. and her mom taught him in elementary school. guy could shoot from down town back in the day...

he got up too. he was a good athlete
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he got up too. he was a good athlete

definitely. i just got waaay too tired of hearing about him back in the late nineties
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    still no comment Jaegs?

has a fan of a 3-11 team (in conference...but soon to be 3-12 in a few hours) ever talked so much shit on a top 25 team... ever? wtf? :roll:

this is pathetic. good god.

jeez i didn't know only fans of winning teams had a right to talk about other teams. and that coming from the guy with posts in ever other teams threads on here. typical nova fan attitude though. i've come to expect that from their fans, whether fraud fans or not. and you were so quick to point out my comments when nova was playing well even to the point of bolding what i said. i gave them credit at the time as i have no problem when sometime contrary to what i have said happens. yet all you can do now is manage an insult instead of admitting i was correct on 95% of what i said about team. it really shoudn't be hard to admit. the nation pretty much saw i was right the other night.

so can you please let me know before next season how many games my teams needs to win to talk about anyone else? i didn't know there was a hard and fast rule. please guide me so you seem to be the person who likes to rates being a fan.

heard corey fisher got hurt rolling off another teammates girl :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawks - I'm struggling to even read through your posts these days. Pull it together man. 8-)

Owls (not on TV) pulled out a gutsy win at UMass. 20 seconds from pitching the rare OT shutout. Lavoy has been a monster ever since Eric's injury. If we get Scootie back I like our chances at a Sweet 16 run. (Lucky for Villanova they didn't play last night. ;) )

So, when is this Hawks vs. 49ers showdown for the 12 seed? :lol:

• Options
    pjh....jesus dude, you can post all you want. i'm just saying when most of your posts are talking shit on a slumping top 25 team while your squad just dipped to 3-12 in conference and essentially has to win on saturday just to make the lowly a10 tournament, it reeks of desperation and is pretty pathetic in my opinion. it's like a cowboys fan talking shit on the birds this year. or a mets fan talking shit on the phils seemingly every year. it's laughable and they leave the philly threads with tails between their legs. :mrgreen:

i don't know what your beef is. it's not like i expected them to be a final four team. i put their o/u on conference losses at 8. they are 9-8 right now with 1 more to play. win a couple more games they should have and they're in 3rd place. the big east is brutal.

and they don't "stink" like you said back in january :lol: . they're a pretty good team who is slumping at the absolute worst time of the year. even the article you refrenced the other day said as much. they just have not lived up to their expectations for the most part and are losing games, not because of poor shooting mostly; but because of bad, unfocused defense (as opposed to very solid defense when you said they "stunk" :lol: ), committing way too many turnovers, and just overall poor execution on the offensive side. when playing to their expectations you get an 11 point win at syracuse when they were ranked 3rd. when playing like poop, you get what happened monday. they're just inconsistent.

it is what it is. final four team a couple years ago. disapointing season this year. not over yet though. again--they were a 12 seed three years ago and made it to the sweet 16. so we'll see. certainly nice to be in the mix every year as opposed to the rubble of a once half way decent basketball program that exists on hawk hill. :wave:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so if i was a duke fan it would be ok to talk shit about nova? what the f does my team blowing have to do with me being proven correct about what i said about nova? i guess if i was a fraud fan and stop being a hawk fan because we sucked, and gave away and sold tickets to my team like some people on here i guess i could talk shit. i could always 'quit' on my team or 'be done' with my team and jump on the bandwagon of another, then i could talk i guess. and in case you weren't paying attention for the past 3 weeks what i have said about nova has been spot on. and it's more than inconsistency with this team. there aren't any scottie reynolds or randy foye's on this squad.

johnny - saturday afternoon is the big showdown with charlotte after losing to richmond last night. i'd talk about temple with you but jaegs won't allow it because my team sucks. apparantly there is some rule.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    so if i was a duke fan it would be ok to talk shit about nova? what the f does my team blowing have to do with me being proven correct about what i said about nova? and in case you weren't paying attention for the past 3 weeks what i have said about nova has been spot on. and it's more than inconsistency with this team.

johnny - saturday afternoon is the big showdown with charlotte after losing to richmond last night. i'd talk about temple with you but jaegs won't allow it because my team sucks. apparantly there is some rule.

if you were a duke fan, you'd have a leg or two to stand on. ;)

unfortunately being a hawks fan, you're essentially like that crazypj dude trying to bash the birds this year. if you're okay with that kind of credibility, then more power to you. you're blinded by your hatred. :mrgreen:

and i already told you why they have struggled in recent weeks. it's not as simple as the vanilla stuff you were spouting 3 months ago when they were a top 10 team. go read the article you referenced. :roll:

hawks gonna get that elusive 4th conference win saturday? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

I noticed you can talk Temple rationally, so that's good. If it's Villanova or Chase Utley's defense then I'm out. :lol:;)

I can't talk shit on Villanova because honestly I haven't watched enough of their games this year (except the one where they beat my team).

• Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    so if i was a duke fan it would be ok to talk shit about nova? what the f does my team blowing have to do with me being proven correct about what i said about nova? and in case you weren't paying attention for the past 3 weeks what i have said about nova has been spot on. and it's more than inconsistency with this team.

unfortunately being a hawks fan, you're essentially like that crazypj dude trying to bash the birds this year. if you're okay with that kind of credibility, then more power to you. you're blinded by your hatred. :mrgreen:

and i already told you why they have struggled in recent weeks. it's not as simple as the vanilla stuff you were spouting 3 months ago when they were a top 10 team. go read the article you referenced. :roll:

again not sure what phil martelli's shitty recruiting and coaching has to do with my credibility on college hoops knowledge and didnt' know jay wright's good recruiting made you smarter. maybe ed can use that in a new song, ghost of 'never knew soap made you taller'

and no the hawks will most likely not beat charlotte and make the a10 tourny. for the a10 sakes they better hope temple makes the finals again or AC will be empty. god forbid if temple got beat in the quarterfinals then the semi's would be empty too.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

again not sure what phil martelli's shitty recruiting and coaching has to do with my credibility on college hoops knowledge and didnt' know jay wright's good recruiting made you smarter. maybe ed can use that in a new song, ghost of 'never knew soap made you taller'

and no the hawks will most likely not beat charlotte and make the a10 tourny. for the a10 sakes they better hope temple makes the finals again or AC will be empty. god forbid if temple got beat in the quarterfinals then the semi's would be empty too.

always next year for the hawks :lol:

edit---the thing is, we both actually predicted them to lose around 8 games. and they are 9-8 with 1 remaining. so i don't get all the ranting and raving from you now.

in addition--what's annoying is how, from your very first post in this thread all throughout, you continually profess yourself an expert on all things nova and feel the need to shit on not only the team, but the coach, the students, the fans, the alumni, the arena, the atmosphere at the arena, the pinkston suspension (despite one of sju's players getting kicked off the team), gossip from last year, harping on shit with rollie from 25 years ago, and then every other 'yada yada yada' in between. it's a little weird. i picture you as that one rogue sju alumni trolling the vu message boards late at night looking to "tweak" people. :?

you hate nova. we get it. so do a lot of people. you, on the otherhand, seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. whatever makes you happy though, i guess...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

always next year for the hawks :lol:

edit---the thing is, we both actually predicted them to lose around 8 games. and they are 9-8 with 1 remaining. so i don't get all the ranting and raving from you now.

in addition--what's annoying is how, from your very first post in this thread all throughout, you continually profess yourself an expert on all things nova and feel the need to shit on not only the team, but the coach, the students, the fans, the alumni, the arena, the atmosphere at the arena, the pinkston suspension (despite one of sju's players getting kicked off the team), gossip from last year, harping on shit with rollie from 25 years ago, and then every other 'yada yada yada' in between. it's a little weird. i picture you as that one rogue sju alumni trolling the vu message boards late at night looking to "tweak" people. :?

you hate nova. we get it. so do a lot of people. you, on the otherhand, seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. whatever makes you happy though, i guess...

you brought up my comments from december at the end of january when they were playing good not me. just giving it back to you. guess you can dish stuff out but can't take it. don't like my comments on nova don't read them. and have i ever shied away from any topics on my hawks? i brought up the hawks suspensions here before any of you guys even knew about it so not sure why you are inferring i only talk shit about nova. i don't know i guess a McDonald's all-american at nova being thrown out of school for a year is relevant to big 5 basketball. sue me. if you don't like my comments don't read them. last i checked, unless nova has tried to quit again, they are a part of the Big 5 and this is a Big 5 thread is it not?

and in any case haven't you noticed i am an expert on all sports and all teams not just nova. :D:D:D:D -
  • Options
    your posts, in all threads, are just as tough to stomach as watching a st josephs men's basketball game.

well i guess that makes sense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this thread is phenomenal
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    and in any case haven't you noticed i am an expert on all sports and all teams not just nova. :D:D:D:D -

Good to know.

I am skilled in the arts of war and military tactics sire.
    Is that so? Well then, what advice would you give on the um, present...situation?