Comments

• Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    That is something we can all agree on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    anyways, nba refs are bad. you never know what they are going to call next.

So true.

It's what makes watching the NBA difficult for me. Officiating in most sports is average at best, but the NBA is a fucking joke. The whole Donaghy thing didn't exactly help things either....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Basketball is the worst

Football is next, only because of the micro detail they go into for everything. the entire leage is overly anal about every little thing.

Baseball because we saw so many blown calls this year, from a perfect game to hits batsman (or not hit in the case of the yankees)

Hockey is ok, but you know they change the way it's called from early season to late season to playoffs. but they have the best replay system.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Basketball is the worst

Football is next, only because of the micro detail they go into for everything. the entire leage is overly anal about every little thing.

Baseball because we saw so many blown calls this year, from a perfect game to hits batsman (or not hit in the case of the yankees)

Hockey is ok, but you know they change the way it's called from early season to late season to playoffs. but they have the best replay system.

I dunno, I think baseball is worse than football. While the NFL has been getting a little out of hand with all of this "explosive hits" or whatever they are calling it bullshit. MLB umps are way too inconsistent behind the plate and are regularly missing calls on the basepaths. Most of the time due to their fat asses being out of positiion (Joe West, that fucking slob).
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Basketball is the worst

I dunno, I think baseball is worse than football. While the NFL has been getting a little out of hand with all of this "explosive hits" or whatever they are calling it bullshit. MLB umps are way too inconsistent behind the plate and are regularly missing calls on the basepaths. Most of the time due to their fat asses being out of positiion (Joe West, that fucking slob).

Joe West sucks. Maybe baseball needs to move up a spot. I couldn't aruge agaist it.

wait what...Burle just balked again...must be a joe west game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Rose looks like a beast tonight. Way more aggessive this year. I likie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    evan turner :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wtf justt happened.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    so after two days what have we learned? the heat are undersized but have enough talent to make up for it, the celtics for better and worse are old, kevin durant is awesome, and the lakers always find a way to win...hmmm the NBA is what we thought it was.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    so after two days what have we learned? the heat are undersized but have enough talent to make up for it, the celtics for better and worse are old, kevin durant is awesome, and the lakers always find a way to win...hmmm the NBA is what we thought it was.

nba is the most predictable sport around. mostly, because it's about a handful of guys, vs 53 vs. 25 vs. 20 for the other major sports
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I was skeptical at first, but after a killer preseason, and an amazing first game, I'm excited to see what Blake Griffin does this year. That guy is a beast. Love the way he plays.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    I was skeptical at first, but after a killer preseason, and an amazing first game, I'm excited to see what Blake Griffin does this year. That guy is a beast. Love the way he plays.

saw a few minutes of the first quarter last night. dude has some hops. clippers might make the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

saw a few minutes of the first quarter last night. dude has some hops. clippers might make the playoffs.

They've got Vinny, who did make the playoffs twice with Chicago (maybe more?). Anything is possible, as KG said. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

They've got Vinny, who did make the playoffs twice with Chicago (maybe more?). Anything is possible, as KG said. 8-)

two years of 41-41 in chicago.

vinny is an ok coach. i'm sure he learned a ton while in chicago. i wish him well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

two years of 41-41 in chicago.

vinny is an ok coach. i'm sure he learned a ton while in chicago. i wish him well.

I as well. Hope he can do something good with the Clippers.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Utah comes back from a 22 defecit to win in OT ion Miami, 116-114. Millsap puts up a career high of 46 points and LeBron falls short of a triple-double.

Definitely a candidate for best game of the season.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Utah comes back from a 22 defecit to win in OT ion Miami, 116-114. Millsap puts up a career high of 46 points and LeBron falls short of a triple-double.

how bout them lakers :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

rumor has it, 20 points, 14 assists and 11 boards is a triple double
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    dcfaithful wrote:

fuck the lakers. it will be interesting to see how they do when they start playing the better teams.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

rumor has it, 20 points, 14 assists and 11 boards is a triple double

Damnit. That's what I get for taking shitty reporting at face value. Boy is my face red. :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    81 wrote:

fuck the lakers AND the Heat.

Fixed. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

How bout them Hornets too. :lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Hornets are an early season suprise. i thought they would be decent. they have beat some solid teams.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Hornets are an early season suprise. i thought they would be decent. they have beat some solid teams.

Yup, they've certainly found an early groove.

Would be a treat to seem them beat the Lakers in L.A.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Man it is fun to root against the Heat. They really pissed that game away last night...
  • Options
    Man it is fun to root against the Heat. They really pissed that game away last night...

Hell yes they did, it was great. Spoelstra looked pretty pissed off there at the end, and rightfully so.

Anybody else feel that Bosh has been quite the lemon so far?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:

Hell yes they did, it was great. Spoelstra looked pretty pissed off there at the end, and rightfully so.

i've said this before ... bosh sucks ... he's a role player at best ... he got owned last nite by milsap ...

it was great to see how they were bragging about their defence and to see utah put up like 70 pts on them in the 3rd and 4th qtr ...
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Bosh has not found a role. i've not watched a ton of the Heat games, but from what i have seen, the offense reminds me an aweful lot of the cavs that last few years. that's not a good thing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Bosh was a good player playing on a shitty team in Toronto for all those years. I mean, how many big time games has this guy even played in? I thnk he ahs something like 10-15 career playoff games plsu the 2008 olympic team and that's it. I just wish they would stop calling them the "big 3". How about "the big 2 and a half"??
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Bosh was a good player playing on a shitty team in Toronto for all those years. I mean, how many big time games has this guy even played in? I thnk he ahs something like 10-15 career playoff games plsu the 2008 olympic team and that's it. I just wish they would stop calling them the "big 3". How about "the big 2 and a half"??

Yeah, he's kind of the third wheel for sure. I think he got a lot of hype because like you said, he was a good player on a really shitty team. Now when he's put aside Wade and James, well...he's beginning to show his mediocrity.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL