Options

2010-11 NBA Season

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    i don't like him either, but i'd take him for my fantasy team. if i was picking 5th, i would be thanking you all season long

i hear ya ... i've won this ultra-competitive h2h league 2 of my 5 years in it including last year ... i like to draft guys i like and build around that ... people thought i reached at 3 with durant last year and he's now a consensus #1 pick ...

in any case - i expect lebron to put up monster numbers but alas ... after that fiasco - i just can't bring myself to draft him ... plus, the pools are won by your late round picks usually ...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i don't like him either, but i'd take him for my fantasy team. if i was picking 5th, i would be thanking you all season long

i hear ya ... i've won this ultra-competitive h2h league 2 of my 5 years in it including last year ... i like to draft guys i like and build around that ... people thought i reached at 3 with durant last year and he's now a consensus #1 pick ...

in any case - i expect lebron to put up monster numbers but alas ... after that fiasco - i just can't bring myself to draft him ... plus, the pools are won by your late round picks usually ...

durant wasn't a reach last year. if starting a team from scratch, i would seriously consider takeing him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    durant wasn't a reach last year. if starting a team from scratch, i would seriously consider takeing him.

I hope to whatever God there may be that Durant gets the MVP this year. I know he'll be deserving it, he's a hell of a player. A new form of an old breed if you ask me.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Durant is a beast! Miami will be awesome... and Kobe will eek out # 6 (but that will be his last).
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I'm still not sure how when the Celtics got "the big 3" they were ready to win a title, and with the Heat we aren't sure if they'll mesh this year. As my friend, who loves D-Wade as much as I love LeBron, says that's just "denial. denial of the fact that starting tomorrow, lebron, wade, and bosh are taking evveryones sex and they aren't sharing.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm still not sure how when the Celtics got "the big 3" they were ready to win a title, and with the Heat we aren't sure if they'll mesh this year. As my friend, who loves D-Wade as much as I love LeBron, says that's just "denial. denial of the fact that starting tomorrow, lebron, wade, and bosh are taking evveryones sex and they aren't sharing.

Pretty much true. They just lack quality bigs (except Bosh) to take the ring this year... I think. They are one item short of a happy meal.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:

they'll be good, no doubt. i'm guessing a lot of hate comes from how they joined forces, unlike how Boston did it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    we do forget that boston management fleeced minny in that trade (well it was portrayed that way early)...it was especially shady because it was two former teammates doing the trade.
  • Options
    soooo....who is going to watch the opening game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    soooo....who is going to watch the opening game

Watching the double header with my brother. I've already got it set to record and be a half-hour into it when I get home. Fuck commercials.

Gotta get some beer to wash down my tasty snacks too. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    i don't know if i can deal with all the heat ass kissing during the game. i might boycott all miami games because of this. espn miami games will be unwatchable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i don't know if i can deal with all the heat ass kissing during the game. i might boycott all miami games because of this. espn miami games will be unwatchable.

I feel you on this. You're spot on about ESPN. What doesn't help is that JVG will be commenting, and he is the one that seemd pretty confident in his prediction of Miami beating the best record in a season (Chicago's 96-97 season), and winning a title before the season starts.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    anyone seen lebron's latest nike commercial!? ... it's like he really wants to ruin his brand ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone seen lebron's latest nike commercial!? ... it's like he really wants to ruin his brand ...

I haven't, but I'm sure it'll be aired plenty of times tonight.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

I feel you on this. You're spot on about ESPN. What doesn't help is that JVG will be commenting, and he is the one that seemd pretty confident in his prediction of Miami beating the best record in a season (Chicago's 96-97 season), and winning a title before the season starts.

on hand - miami plays in the eastern conference where it's easy pickin's ... on the other ... winning 72 games is gonna be near impossible without wade healthy ... they just signed stackhouse cuz miller is hurt but this team has no depth ... lebron is gonna have to play 36+ mins a game ... same with bosh ... i don't think their bodies can take that ...
  • Options
    36 minutes is nothing. superstars should play close to 40.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

on hand - miami plays in the eastern conference where it's easy pickin's ... on the other ... winning 72 games is gonna be near impossible without wade healthy ... they just signed stackhouse cuz miller is hurt but this team has no depth ... lebron is gonna have to play 36+ mins a game ... same with bosh ... i don't think their bodies can take that ...

They have some depth. In comparison to a team like Utah, they have a lot more. But their depth's talent doesn't hold a candle to their starting line-up.

But I think you're right, James and Bosh will need to put up substantial minutes this season, which will eventually take it's toll. Not to mention players have bad nights. I've never watched Bosh play, and haven't ever really witnessed Wade have an off night (also haven't watched him much though), but when James has an off night, he raelly has an off night. Might be different in Miami though, with the new "atmosphere" and all.

I'm really looking forward to this season.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    i hope they fall flat on thier face.

i don't care who is on a team, 72 wins is nothing to just hand over. that's a massive number to try and hit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i hope they fall flat on thier face.

i don't care who is on a team, 72 wins is nothing to just hand over. that's a massive number to try and hit.

Amen.

I think the 96-97 Bulls would annihilate the Miami Globetrotters.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    basically same team, but you are off a year

it would be an interesting match up.

jordan vs. wade
    harper vs. miller(?)
    Pippen vs. Lebron
    Rodman vs. boch
    Luc vs. big Z

toni and kerr off the bench vs. ???

i would take the bulls. that bulls team led the league in scoring and was number 3 in defense. insane. until i see somebody actually do it, i'll not be picking agaist the bulls.

it's like the 85 bears D. they were by far the greatest until maybe the 2000 baltimore team. maybe.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    basically same team, but you are off a year

it would be an interesting match up.

jordan vs. wade
    harper vs. miller(?)
    Pippen vs. Lebron
    Rodman vs. boch
    Luc vs. big Z

toni and kerr off the bench vs. ???

i would take the bulls. that bulls team led the league in scoring and was number 3 in defense. insane. until i see somebody actually do it, i'll not be picking agaist the bulls.

it's like the 85 bears D. they were by far the greatest until maybe the 2000 baltimore team. maybe.

So was that record established by the 96-97 Bulls or 97-98?

Either way, you guys beat us both years in the finals, damnit! :twisted: :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    bosh is a solid role player ... not great at creating his own shot especially against quicker defenders and horrible at passing out of double teams ... that could be a factor of the team he has ... so, we will see ... but as stan van gundy said ... he knows he can't be the man to win a championship - his best shot is as a role player ...
  • Options
    95-96 was the 72 win team. i think when jordan came back and they were eliminated by orlando in 95, jordan wanted to make a statement the following year. then as they moved into 96-97 i think they eased off the regular season throttle a bit and by 97-98 they were having some injuries. pippen missed about half that season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    95-96 was the 72 win team. i think when jordan came back and they were eliminated by orlando in 95, jordan wanted to make a statement the following year. then as they moved into 96-97 i think they eased off the regular season throttle a bit and by 97-98 they were having some injuries. pippen missed about half that season.

Damn. I really was off.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    bo knows bulls history.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    bo knows bulls history.

Body Odor knows bulls history? :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Haha...it's going to take a lot of luck, and good health for the Heat to take 72 games, but they will be really f-ing good. I find Celtics fans really funny for trumpeting their "depth" with Shaq and the body formerly known as Jermaine O'Neill. The best move they made in the offseason was getting Delonte, provided he doesn't end up in jail, so that he can taunt LeBron during games. As for the Lakers, I think they are in a Celtics of 2 years ago problem where their best players are kind of banged up and they are hoping to get the team to the playoffs healthy.

No matter what, I just don't see how anyone of the teams not named Miami can keep up with them IF they are healthy. So the Celtics use their fouls on Bosh? It's not like he's Dwight Howard and misses 50% from the line. In fact he hits about 80% for his career. Yes that could wear him down to an extent, but the logic is somewhat flawed. How well is Pierce going to play defense on Wade/LeBron? Both have had a lot of success against the C's in the past. I mean LeBron put up a triple double when he was pissed and quit. As for the Lakers who is D-Fish gonna mark? Will Ron-Ron stay sane for another season? Is Kobe too hurt to be champion again? I think the question marks for Miami's top opponents are bigger than their own. The advanced metrics on this team said 66 wins BEFORE Miller signed, so I'm inclined to believe that they will end up with around 63-68 this season. Tonight will start the story for sure though.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Tonight will start the story for sure though.
    I wonder if the statistic of viewers tonight will come close to the statistics of last years finals.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    bo knows bulls history.

Body Odor knows bulls history? :P

bo jackson? i'll assume you are kidding. :P
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Tonight will start the story for sure though.
    I wonder if the statistic of viewers tonight will come close to the statistics of last years finals.

i'm going to say.......under. but they will set an opening night high
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg