hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    GO CARDINALS!!!!

I was kind of rooting for the Cardinals just because the bandwagoners around here are annoying. But after the way the Cardinals played in Game 5, they don't deserve to win. It was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a playoff team, much less World Series. From all the runners stranded, the questionable plays (like that caught stealing play on Craig, or whatever it was) to some of the guys (Nick Punto comes to mind) looking like they were talking practice swings in the on deck circle when they were at bat with a full count, or in Nicks case, a full count with 2 outs. It honestly looked like they didn't want to win.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    GO CARDINALS!!!!

I was kind of rooting for the Cardinals just because the bandwagoners around here are annoying. But after the way the Cardinals played in Game 5, they don't deserve to win. It was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a playoff team, much less World Series. From all the runners stranded, the questionable plays (like that caught stealing play on Craig, or whatever it was) to some of the guys (Nick Punto comes to mind) looking like they were talking practice swings in the on deck circle when they were at bat with a full count, or in Nicks case, a full count with 2 outs. It honestly looked like they didn't want to win.

yeah game 5 was just sad. and they better do more than want to win tonight. i certainly dont want to be in a bar tonight with a bunch of crying cards fans. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    Flagg wrote:
    I am pretty much unable to take this anymore. Can we please fast forward to tonight? But part of me wants to slow down and enjoy the moment. I am trying to enjoy and appreciate my team just being in this position but it is difficult. I did that last year and was fine with them losing. This year is different.

I am a basket-case right now.
    I know your feeling. I was like that last year. It's easy to watch when you don't really care but all-consuming when "your" team is in it.

for flagg's sanity, I hope it ends tonight :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    I am pretty much unable to take this anymore. Can we please fast forward to tonight? But part of me wants to slow down and enjoy the moment. I am trying to enjoy and appreciate my team just being in this position but it is difficult. I did that last year and was fine with them losing. This year is different.

I know your feeling. I was like that last year. It's easy to watch when you don't really care but all-consuming when "your" team is in it.

Hahaha - Thanks! I was so amped up yesterday and then they delayed it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

if it ends like it did for me last year.....you will wake up tomorrow with the hangover of all hangovers....and you won't care, one little bit! :lol:

post game, post tequila carnage 2010....my brother-in-law :lol:

IMG_3102.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    imalive wrote:

if it ends like it did for me last year.....you will wake up tomorrow with the hangover of all hangovers....and you won't care, one little bit! :lol:

post game, post tequila carnage 2010....my brother-in-law :lol:

IMG_3102.jpg
    Pretty funny!^^^^^^

Flagg, there are a lot of basket cases around here right now!

I am so stoked for tonight. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    GO CARDINALS!!!!

And yet they had the tying run at the plate and the best hitter of our generation at bat.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    GO CARDINALS!!!!

And yet they had the tying run at the plate and the best hitter of our generation at bat.
    Barry Bonds was the best hitter of our generation.....'roids or not ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Barry Bonds was the best hitter of our generation.....'roids or not ;)

Yeah, I saw him play a few times before the 'roids, and he was amazing. It's too bad the steroids are all he'll be remembered for though. Tiny head Bonds was a much more exciting player than swollen head Bonds.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Flagg wrote:

good luck! :D
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    What a hell of a good world series but there can be only one world champion the Rangers are the better team to me and the cards over celebrated like they just won game 7 maybe they had if game 6 didnt get rained out.
    All great runs have to come to a end sometime and because of a rain delay the cards run stops tonight.
    until next time......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    It's amazing how well Nelson Cruz has played offensively to get Texas here

Yet if they don't win, that replay of him jumping too soon at the wall will be played over and over and over again

That was for the ws title ya big dummy
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Yet if they don't win, that replay of him jumping too soon at the wall will be played over and over and over again

you've got to make that play and he missed it badly. playing no doubles defense that should be an easy play. he even drifted back pretty non-chalantly and just flat out missed it. i would have punched a whole in the wall if i was a rangers fan. good luck tonight. beat that fucker larussa.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

you've got to make that play and he missed it badly. playing no doubles defense that should be an easy play. he even drifted back pretty non-chalantly and just flat out missed it. i would have punched a whole in the wall if i was a rangers fan. good luck tonight. beat that fucker larussa.

ya ... and the andrus play as well - although that didn't cost them a run ...

edit: although i think he kinda choked ... final out of the world series and everything going in his head ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so much for the Ryan 6
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    That was Brutal, i thought when Hamilton hit it, just felt like that guy finally got his break, now....
  • pjhawks wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

That was a tough play, but Cruz looked terrible trying to catch that ball. You have to make that play!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cruz should have made the play..might have cost them the series
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Reminded me of Bobby Abreu, as soon he felt that wall gettin closer, put on the brakes.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320

Reminded me of Bobby Abreu, as soon he felt that wall gettin closer, put on the brakes.

Yeah and if you don't see it correctly like many fly balls that were misplayed last night, then play it off the wall and with his arm it might not allow a run. It definitely wouldn't have allowed both runs to score. That was huge, and hopefully he makes up for it tonight.
    Last night on Fox 4 (the Dallas Fox station) they were saying all the players families had gathered by the field for the post-game celebrations, and that the champagne had been wheeled into the Rangers locker room and the plastic had already been put up over the lockers. To be that close (reminds me of the '86 Red Sox) and lose has to be a kick in the groin.
    :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I lost sleep over that shit and I don't even like the Rangers.

eerily similar to the giants choke job in game 6 of the 2002 WS (maybe worse). I'll be shocked if they can come back and win game 7 :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Last night on Fox 4 (the Dallas Fox station) they were saying all the players families had gathered by the field for the post-game celebrations, and that the champagne had been wheeled into the Rangers locker room and the plastic had already been put up over the lockers. To be that close (reminds me of the '86 Red Sox) and lose has to be a kick in the groin.

They (Fox 4) also tweeted that the Rangers had won.

OK, I have no words on last night. A part of my soul died a little. I am not commenting any more until after tonight. I feel so down and depressed that if PJ announced a NE tour today I wouldn't even notice, nor give a shit.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:

They (Fox 4) also tweeted that the Rangers had won.

OK, I have no words on last night. A part of my soul died a little. I am not commenting any more until after tonight. I feel so down and depressed that if PJ announced a NE tour today I wouldn't even notice, nor give a shit.

I was just about to say that. I saw on Deadspin that they sent out text messages saying they won in the middle of the 9th.
    imalive wrote:

eerily similar to the giants choke job in game 6 of the 2002 WS (maybe worse). I'll be shocked if they can come back and win game 7 :cry:

Hardball Talk made a good point that the emotional aspect of it may be a bit overblown and pointed to the fact that the Red Sox were up 3-0 going into the 6th in the game after Buckner.
    imalive wrote:

I don't think that's a problem. One thing you can say about this team is they don't get rattled. Although this might be bigger than other situations. But after the Rays beat them 9-0 in Game 1 of their series, they bounced back. After Pujols had that big game and St. Louis beat them 16-7 the Rangers came back and beat them 2 in a row, shutting the Cards out in the next game. I don't know if Texas will win or not, but if they lose I don't think it's going to be because they're rattled from last night. If anything I think stuff like that invigorates them.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,197
    Whoa i feel for Texas & their fans but man this WS has been fucking great to watch and last night was epic but to start to get the locker room ready to celebrate before the last out is recorded :roll: :roll: jinx , 86 Red Sox did the same shit ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

it looked like he had a beat on it going back.....guess not :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I stayed up way to late watching ... it was a great game and part of me was happy for
    the Cardinal fans...

but Go Rangers ... they must do it tonight! :clap: