Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:
    number 2!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/17/nhl-be ... ide_3.html

edit: sure to be #1 if we had 87 on our team!

I think the saddest part of all that was that if you look at the top 5 teams, only one doesn't deserve to be up there considering how they treat their fans. can we guess which team that is?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    The Buds were dismanteled by the Caps lat night :cry: I guess Ovie decided last night was the night he would break out of his scoring slump.......loser.
    Pretty sweet goal that Hendricks got though....Giggy had no idea on which way to go. Hendricks is lucky he didn't bust his ankle
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/nhl-star- ... stigation/

So what does everyone think about this story, i for one have no idea.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    In other Maple leaf news, Ron Wilson was votes as the coach less players want to play for. in case anyone is wondering who voted, my guess are the leaf players :lol:
    In other Leafs news Phil Kessel was picked last
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    in other leaf nation news, not only did kessel go last in the draft but he was only 1 of 2 people not to get a point in the all-star game.
    fife wrote:
    in other leaf nation news, not only did kessel go last in the draft but he was only 1 of 2 people not to get a point in the all-star game.

That is god awful, all them goals and he couldn't even snivel out a cheesey assist. It doesn't even look like Kessel cares anymore
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    fife wrote:

That is god awful, all them goals and he couldn't even snivel out a cheesey assist. It doesn't even look like Kessel cares anymore
    Hey he plays for the Leafs, can't blame him.
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    fife wrote:

Hey he plays for the Leafs, can't blame him.

Also he plays on a line with Tyler Bozak and Joey Crabb, it's a miracle he has 19 goals
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Well atleast they started to post allstar break with a win :roll: Too bad that Florida was still able to squeeze 1 point out of the game, these are crucial 4 point games.
    I almost turned it after the first period, the Leafs didn't even look liked they cared in the first period or they were just that rusty after a week off. I want to see passion when they play :x
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    thanks for all your help pm sent . :D:D
    just a quick question is it true that the maple leafs lose most of there games :?: :?:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    guypjfreak wrote:
    just a quick question is it true that the maple leafs lose most of there games :?: :?:

here is a quick summary of what you need to know about the leafs ...

they are arguably the man-u of hockey ... except without the success ... although they have won the second most stanley cups next to montreal (second by a wide margin), they haven't won one in the modern era and the drought is well over 40 years ...

there are leaf fans everywhere ... they are probably like the red sox fans in baseball in that everyone hates them ... the leafs are a team many hate because the team is based in toronto ... toronto is the largest city in canada and there is definitely a hate-on for everyone in toronto from other canadians ...

the team has suffered thru decades of futility except for a 3-4 year period in the early 90's mostly through poor management and the unwillingness to start from scratch ... each progressive management team wants to build the team to championship level in too short a time ... i'm sure many on here have other theories but the gist is this ...

toronto loves hockey ... so much so that they pay top dollar for a shitty team ... we're desperate for a winning team ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

they are arguably the man-u of hockey ... except without the success ... although they have won the second most stanley cups next to montreal (second by a wide margin), they haven't won one in the modern era and the drought is well over 40 years ...

there are leaf fans everywhere ... they are probably like the red sox fans in baseball in that everyone hates them ... the leafs are a team many hate because the team is based in toronto ... toronto is the largest city in canada and there is definitely a hate-on for everyone in toronto from other canadians ...

the team has suffered thru decades of futility except for a 3-4 year period in the early 90's mostly through poor management and the unwillingness to start from scratch ... each progressive management team wants to build the team to championship level in too short a time ... i'm sure many on here have other theories but the gist is this ...

toronto loves hockey ... so much so that they pay top dollar for a shitty team ... we're desperate for a winning team ...

What you should also know is that leaf fans will hate the leafs if they play bad but if they win they will start to talk about how the leafs are on the right path. This is one of the reason why the leafs will not win a cup again.
    polaris_x wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

The glory days will return...................eventually :roll:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

What you should also know is that leaf fans will hate the leafs if they play bad but if they win they will start to talk about how the leafs are on the right path. This is one of the reason why the leafs will not win a cup again.
    I'm a leafs fan, i am a fan win or lose, i also am waiting for the day they hoist that cup again
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    I'm with yah 100% I have never leaped off the bandwagon..................sometimes i feel like it. But will live and die with the Leafs 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I'm with yah 100% I have never leaped off the bandwagon..................sometimes i feel like it. But will live and die with the Leafs 8-)

i'd guess that over 50% of leaf fans have on their bucket list:

see leafs win stanley cup before they die ... hahaha
    I just want to say congrats on your first career shutout James Reimer

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352313
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    polaris_x wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Yes :lol: and to never see Montreal win another in my life time :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

montreal-canadiens-stanley-cup-1993.jpg

:wave: :thumbup:
    BLACK35 wrote:

haha ... actually, i don't mind the habs ... if the leafs are out ... i generally cheer for whatever canadian team is left ... habs included ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Your team sucks but at least pj will be playing the toronto film festival
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    That pic is getting old looking Rygar, 18 years without a cup after this year and 17 years for the Rags, the only original 6 who can say anything is Chicago since they won the cup last year lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    kenshunt wrote:
    That pic is getting old looking Rygar, 18 years without a cup after this year and 17 years for the Rags, the only original 6 who can say anything is Chicago since they won the cup last year lol.

Don't think the Wings have to hold thier heads down
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    true enough, Detroit's another original 6 team who have won a cup recently and can talk smack lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Lets make it 3 in a row tonight baby :thumbup: I would give Reimer the start tonight
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    kenshunt wrote:
    Sure it's old, but compared to you guys it may as well have happened yesterday.
    Rygar wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Just wait untill were out of our rebuilding phase, then the time will be right to capture all the glory :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Just wait untill were out of our rebuilding phase, then the time will be right to capture all the glory :D
    Hehe, I guess anything is possible. Everyone sick of Burke yet?
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    The bucket list reminds me of something a friend said to another friend in his yearbook back in '94.

"Dave, get real, the Whalers will win the Cup before the Leafs do."

And they did! (As the Hurricanes, but that still counts.)