Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    this team is not as bad as their record shows ... they're just squeezing the sticks a bit too tight ... getting lots of chances but can't seem to bury anything ...

this team doesn't have talent. they looked really bad yesterday. I think they have to bring up Kadri. If they don't then i think the leafs consider him a bust.

there is some talent on this team ... they are outshooting their opponents ... mentally - they really aren't there and they don't seem to be having any fun ... think they are feeling the pressure ...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    this team is not as bad as their record shows ... they're just squeezing the sticks a bit too tight ... getting lots of chances but can't seem to bury anything ...

this team doesn't have talent. they looked really bad yesterday. I think they have to bring up Kadri. If they don't then i think the leafs consider him a bust.

there is some talent on this team ... they are outshooting their opponents ... mentally - they really aren't there and they don't seem to be having any fun ... think they are feeling the pressure ...

sorry they have very little talent. there is only 3 players on that team that I would consider good players. Kessel, Kaberla and I like Luke scheen. out shooting doesn't really mean anything to me. i count scoring chances more. I have always said this, Wilson is not the right coach for this team.
    fife wrote:
    sorry they have very little talent. there is only 3 players on that team that I would consider good players. Kessel, Kaberla and I like Luke scheen. out shooting doesn't really mean anything to me. i count scoring chances more. I have always said this, Wilson is not the right coach for this team.

well ... talent is always perceived within the context of a team game ... lots of ex-leafs go elsewhere and they were considered bums here but then all of a sudden they have talent elsewhere ...

they defnitely don't have a bonafide #1 centre who can make plays but i don't mind the 4 lines they trot out there ... i just think they need to get in the right head space ... maybe the coach is the issue ... you could be right there ... i'm not too sure ...
    just to give leafs fan which there seems to be alot here :lol: here is your hope

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342405#YourCallTop

I say give up anyone you have to so that in 4 more years you can suck even more but maybe Boston will not get a top 5 pick this year.
    fife wrote:
    just to give leafs fan which there seems to be alot here :lol: here is your hope

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342405#YourCallTop

I say give up anyone you have to so that in 4 more years you can suck even more but maybe Boston will not get a top 5 pick this year.

well ... we got the cap room and we don't really have any horrible contracts ... so, if we are in a position to rent a player this year ... that would be great ... but the leafs have dropped in age a good 8 years on average in the past 3 ... so, i like where we are headed ...

solid win at home last nite against a decent team ... gustavson looked solid ... not quite sure what is going on with komisarek ... that guy doesn't just give up the puck ... he gives it up so other teams can score ...

anyhoo ... if we can hover around the .500 mark ... actually win a game or two in the shootout ... it won't be so bad ...
  • Jonas is looking VERY good last night. I like where these guys are gooing. Just wish we had not made that Kessel deal. Anyway - won't dwell on it.
    Jonas is looking VERY good last night. I like where these guys are gooing. Just wish we had not made that Kessel deal. Anyway - won't dwell on it.

yeah ... hindsight is always 20/20 ... i really like the effort of the 3rd and 4th lines last nite ... kadri is not physical at all but the kid has great vision and hands ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Jonas is looking VERY good last night. I like where these guys are gooing. Just wish we had not made that Kessel deal. Anyway - won't dwell on it.

yeah ... hindsight is always 20/20 ... i really like the effort of the 3rd and 4th lines last nite ... kadri is not physical at all but the kid has great vision and hands ...
    Kadri is going to be just fine. he is VERY VERY fast. It just feels like he is out of control when he is skating.
  • That is it. I am done

5-0 loss to the oilers...at home
    So me and an a friend who is a big leaf fan were talking about the leafs and I asked the question. are the Leafs the worst run team in the NHL? We boiled it down to the Islanders and the leafs and i said that the leafs are worse as they have all the advantages that the Islanders don't have.

I also say that the islanders atleast have a a great player and i think in 3 years the Islanders will be a playoff team while the Leafs will not make the playoff for atleast 5 years.

what do you all think?
  • fife wrote:
    So me and an a friend who is a big leaf fan were talking about the leafs and I asked the question. are the Leafs the worst run team in the NHL? We boiled it down to the Islanders and the leafs and i said that the leafs are worse as they have all the advantages that the Islanders don't have.

I also say that the islanders atleast have a a great player and i think in 3 years the Islanders will be a playoff team while the Leafs will not make the playoff for atleast 5 years.

what do you all think?
    Agreed. There is no excuse for such futility with their resources.

I know the cap is a factor, but this is really really bad.
    fife wrote:

what do you all think?

mlse is fucking horrible ... i loathe to give them money ...

i was at the game last nite and it was quite pitiful really ... no one on that team has any heart and guys are playing so tight its ridiculous ... loved my section tho ... the fire wilson chants were great ... he obviously has lost the team and has no clue what to do ... i say bring in ted nolan!
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

what do you all think?

mlse is fucking horrible ... i loathe to give them money ...

i was at the game last nite and it was quite pitiful really ... no one on that team has any heart and guys are playing so tight its ridiculous ... loved my section tho ... the fire wilson chants were great ... he obviously has lost the team and has no clue what to do ... i say bring in ted nolan!

I don't even think that it is MLSE anymore. I know that this is going to be weird to read but i think Brian Burke in 1 trade has made Toronto worse than JF jr ever did. Wilson has never been a coach that i thought was good for Toronto. while i am not a leaf fan, many of my friends are and i will be honest i feel bad for them. you pay the most in tickets, you get screwed at the arena with $20 beers. your team doesn't care about you and hasn't in many decades. And to top it off, i read that today Burke says that coaching is not the issue. what a joke.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    awful, how do people live their lives as Toronto Maple Leaf fans? I would be so bitter, this team seams worse than last year's, and that was pretty bad

There is no heart on this team and Kessel is your young American selfish one-dimensional forward, you can't build around him
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,748
    smarchee wrote:
    awful, how do people live their lives as Toronto Maple Leaf fans? I would be so bitter, this team seams worse than last year's, and that was pretty bad

There is no heart on this team and Kessel is your young American selfish one-dimensional forward, you can't build around him

+1
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you would think that Toronto of all places should have a good hockey team.

sad really
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    smarchee wrote:

i sort of relate it to having a dysfunctional family member ... they may do things that embarass you and you don't really want to be seen with them but deep down - they are family and you support them unconditionally ...

what can you do? ... you grow up in toronto like i did and you wait and hope for something good to happen ... it's not like leaf fans don't give it to them when they shit the bed ... the red sox were horrible for decades - there is hope isn't there? ... please say yes! ... hahaha

at least the team is showing a bit of heart these days ... and winning games in SO is huge as we probably had one of the most OTL's last year and it was looking like it as well this year ...
    81 wrote:

sad really

we should have bought a cup when we had a chance ...
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    polaris_x wrote:

Mmmmmm Waffles!!! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    They still have a chance to make the playoffs. Nice 10 game win streak puts them right back into the race,
    Please Santa, thats all I want for Xmas. If your real, you'll make it happen :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Well 2011 is off to a good start. Dominated the Sens last night. Congrats to Reimers on his first NHL win. Wonder how that cement head Neil looks like this morning..took a few off melon from Orr last night :lol:

Good win :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

sad really

we should have bought a cup when we had a chance ...

Before the cap Toronto's payroll was right up there with the big spenders. Toronto's problem is they never bring in real hockey people. Burke???? Really???? Did he not trade your 2010 number 1 and 2 and your 2011 number 1 for Kessel, really. Kessel has 25 points and -14, you could have tanked a few games to get the number 1 or probably flipped picks to get the top pick and got Hall who has similar numbers and is only 18 and still have your number 1 next year. Wilson as your coach???? I don't think Burke is the savior he's made out to be. he didn't accomplish the job in Vancouver, in Anaheim most of the pieces were in place when he got there.

What I don't understand is why they have never made a play for some of those Detroit executives? Chicago? San Jose?

Just don't see Burke or Wilson making it happen.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    So can the Buds make it 3 in a row :shock:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Hawkshore wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Mmmmmm Waffles!!! ;)
    Some say that waffles sound like ‘awful,’ and others say that the Maple Leafs have just been ‘waffling’ around, but Jack M, the first of fans throwing waffles says, “They need to wake up and eat some breakfast. I’m just trying to help them out with a balanced diet.”
    he's just lookin out for them.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Can you believe 3 in a row. Can they pull off another back to back win situation :shock:

GO LEAFS GO

I say give Reimer another shot before he gets sent back down
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Can you believe 3 in a row. Can they pull off another back to back win situation :shock:

GO LEAFS GO

I would hate to see Reimer get sent down. He has been top notch.
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO LEAFS GO

I would hate to see Reimer get sent down. He has been top notch.

Wow the Buds are on a roll. Great going on the road trip so far. Glad they gave Reimer the start last night against SJ and rewards Wilson by getting him his 600th win as coach. I wouldn't being sending this Reimer guy anywhere right now except back in between the pipes for the next game. Sorry Jonas G. But in the Leafs situation, they have to go with the hot guy right now.

GO LEAFS GO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Always go with the hot Goalie!! Our First priority is to get out of that Lottery Draft!!
    i think their recent road success relates to what i said earlier about playing tight ... think there is a lot of pressure playing in toronto and when they play at home ... it's like the collar is tightened ...

colby armstrong has been something ... we really missed him when he was out ...
    Always go with the hot Goalie!! Our First priority is to get out of that Lottery Draft!!

100% AGREE
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2