Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Oh man. 7 nothing loss to the rangers. what a joke of a team. if Wilson was a real coach he would sit Dion and almost every other defense-men except luke. While i have always hated the leafs i must admit that this is just sad. if burke was a real GM, he would have fired Wilson during the 1st period intermission.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:
    Oh man. 7 nothing loss to the rangers. what a joke of a team. if Wilson was a real coach he would sit Dion and almost every other defense-men except luke. While i have always hated the leafs i must admit that this is just sad. if burke was a real GM, he would have fired Wilson during the 1st period intermission.

i caught some highlights and you know its bad when a team scores against you 2 on 5 or 1 on 4 ... guys just standing around ... i'd be on board for a new coach ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

i caught some highlights and you know its bad when a team scores against you 2 on 5 or 1 on 4 ... guys just standing around ... i'd be on board for a new coach ...

I was listening to the Fan here in Toronto and i found this fact very interesting. Toronto has the 3rd highest payroll for defense. what teams have the top 2 you ask. The Flyers and the Cunucks both teams tied for 1st over all. Toronto in going to have a hard time for many years to come with their lack of talent and high payroll for crap players.
    fife wrote:
    I was listening to the Fan here in Toronto and i found this fact very interesting. Toronto has the 3rd highest payroll for defense. what teams have the top 2 you ask. The Flyers and the Cunucks both teams tied for 1st over all. Toronto in going to have a hard time for many years to come with their lack of talent and high payroll for crap players.

for sure dion is overrated ... but part of the problem with the D is also the coaching ... the entire D looks lost as to how to play and what they are supposed to do ... clearly a coaching issue ... i am willing to bet that if you traded beauchemain or whoever to another team - they would be fine ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Ouch, boys.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DOUBLE OUCH
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I was expecting this thread to have a post from some of you New York turkeys.

We have put out an APB on Phaneuf's game. It has been missing now for 18 months.

I feel really bad for Gustavsson. He needed that game!!
  • This team should be relegated to the AHL.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I was expecting this thread to have a post from some of you New York turkeys.

We have put out an APB on Phaneuf's game. It has been missing now for 18 months.

I feel really bad for Gustavsson. He needed that game!!

you think Phaneufs game has been missing for only 18 months? I remember when that trade happen, everyone was saying how the leafs won that trade because they got the best player. I wonder if people still agree with that. I say they lost that trade. Gustavsson is done and if i was him instead of breaking my stick over the post i would hit the coach with it instead. you don't take a goalie out in teh first period and then put him back in net in the 2nd period. thats coaching 101
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

for sure dion is overrated ... but part of the problem with the D is also the coaching ... the entire D looks lost as to how to play and what they are supposed to do ... clearly a coaching issue ... i am willing to bet that if you traded beauchemain or whoever to another team - they would be fine ...

I can say that Dion i so overrated because most people in the NHL know he not that good. there is a reason why the flames traded him for some pucks. while i hate wilson as a coach and always have, the defense has a lot of experience so they should know what they are doing. I think this team just hates Wilson just like the players on the sharks hated him. its funny they keep talking about getting rid of this entitlement issue that leaf players have had in the past and how they want to change that. so they trade every player that was playing for the leafs in the past and bring in new player but yet they keep saying the same shit.
    fife wrote:
    I can say that Dion i so overrated because most people in the NHL know he not that good. there is a reason why the flames traded him for some pucks. while i hate wilson as a coach and always have, the defense has a lot of experience so they should know what they are doing. I think this team just hates Wilson just like the players on the sharks hated him. its funny they keep talking about getting rid of this entitlement issue that leaf players have had in the past and how they want to change that. so they trade every player that was playing for the leafs in the past and bring in new player but yet they keep saying the same shit.

what i find to be the most painful aspect out of all of this is that ... burke is supposedly about toughness ... doesn't anyone hit on this team? ... no one finishes their checks - it's brutal ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

what i find to be the most painful aspect out of all of this is that ... burke is supposedly about toughness ... doesn't anyone hit on this team? ... no one finishes their checks - it's brutal ...

no one hits except for shenn. Dion tried to energize the team by starting a fight yesterday, the problem was that the score was already 6-0. also, you would think that after letting in 3 goals in like 3 minutes the "coach" would maybe call a time up but no. just pull teh goalie like it was his fault. the more i see Wilson coach the more i realize how great a coach peter in philly is.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

Well i'd say Mike Brown is pretty physical, Orr trys to be physical but he's not a good hitter and Luke Schenn is the most physical D-man they have. But as for Dion he should be physical because his point shot goes wide 90 percent of the time.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    I had this e-mailed to me today from a Leafs fan! :lol:

The robot says, "What will you have?"
    The guy says "Martini."
    The robot brings back the best martini ever and says to the man,
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "168."
    The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.
    The guy leaves, but he is curious, so he goes back into the bar.
    The robot bartender says, "What will you have?"
    The guy says, "Martini".
    Again, the robot makes a great martini, gives it to the man and says,
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "100."
    The robot then starts to talk about Nascar, Budweiser and John Deere tractors.
    The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time.
    He goes back into the bar.
    The guy says, "Martini", and the robot brings him another great martini.
    The robot then says, "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "Uh, about 50."
    The robot leans in real close and says, "So... you gonna cheer for the Leafs again this year?"
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Hawkshore wrote:

The guy says "Martini."
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "168."
    The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.
    The guy says, "Martini".
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "100."
    The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time.
    The robot leans in real close and says, "So... you gonna cheer for the Leafs again this year?"

lol...i start to agree with that more everyday and year, but im a sucker so i'll stay a fan forever
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    As an Oilers fan, I can totally relate to the misery of another shit season.
    However...I cannot relate to the lack of hope. Trading those draft picks has got to be one of the biggest GM mistakes in the history of the NHL.
    Sometimes I wonder how cool it would be to see Toronto caught up in a full-on playoff run, their long-suffering fans dancing delioursly down Yonge....then HNIC comes on and I have to sit thru yet another early-game Leaf crapfest...and I snap out of it ;)
    i blame richard peddie ...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Ya, I often hear Leaf fans blaming ownership...but I don't really understand why....what do they have to gain from mediocrity, and/or what have they done to ensure it?
    kenshunt wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

The guy says "Martini."
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "168."
    The guy says, "Martini".
    "What's your IQ?"
    The guy says, "100."

lol...i start to agree with that more everyday and year, but im a sucker so i'll stay a fan forever

Hey Kenny good to see your still around haven't seen your name pop up for a while. Fuck is Boston ever going to be stacked in a couple of years if this turns out to be another high lottery pick! ....The part that has really got to rub salt in the wound is they are in your own division ......talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    I all I have to say; Last night was FUCKING BRUTAL :x Huge game like that and that is the best effort they can come up with. How do they expect to make up any ground in hopes (and I mean hope) of making the last playoff spot :o I always hold out hope :cry::cry:
    Well lets see what happens tonight
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    weird ... they actually HIT someone last nite ... what was also weird was that even when they got down 2-1 - it felt like they were gonna win this game unless hiller absolutely stood on his head ... which luckily he didn't ... was definitely a good game on both ends of the ice ...
    Nice bounce back win after that shellacing they took the other night against the Rangers. Completely different Leaf team that showed up.

Wonder how much money Giggy put on the board for the win :o
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    paradecup.gif
    Rygar wrote:
    paradecup.gif

It will happen again :D

The Habs will be lucky enough to join us for spring golf this year. Can we say bye bye Camalleri, pansy.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

It will happen again :D

The Habs will be lucky enough to join us for spring golf this year. Can we say bye bye Camalleri, pansy.
    You're still the one with the yearly membership.

And you're cheering injuries to non-douche players? Really?
    Rygar wrote:
    paradecup.gif

Has this been photoshoped or did the Leafs actually win the cup in the time of the horseless carriage!
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Has this been photoshoped or did the Leafs actually win the cup in the time of the horseless carriage!
    It's legit, I swear.
    George Armstrong won in 1962, 1963, 1964, and 1967.
    I think i have found a clue to when the leafs will win. what you need to find out is if a person on the leaf organization has a beef against another team that they used to coach or play again. if they do bet the leafs to win.
    number 2!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/17/nhl-be ... ide_3.html

edit: sure to be #1 if we had 87 on our team!
    polaris_x wrote:
    number 2!

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/17/nhl-be ... ide_3.html

edit: sure to be #1 if we had 87 on our team!
    Lol I wouldn't put too much stock into an opinion ;)