Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    fife wrote:
    In April - I will pull up this post of mine and prove everyone wrong. Leafs are making the playoffs - Count on it

I don't think they will but i think they will be better than last year. still worry about your scoring. what team do you think won't make the playoffs that were there last year?
    Ya, it's easy to be hopeful for your team (I'm an Oil fan, I know all about hope)....but you have to do the backwards math...which teams def WON'T make the playoffs. You can probably name 3 or so that def will not....then you have to weigh your odds against the remaining teams. Lookin at it that way...I just don't see the Leafs finishing ahead of 7 other teams...sorry :(
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the leafs weren't that far from making the playoffs last year and when you consider we were winless in our first 7 games and something dreadful after 15 ... they are a lot better than most think ...

our goaltending was awful last year ... toskala basically had zero confidence and we didn't have an in shape kessel till sometime in december ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Go Habs Go!
    polaris_x wrote:
    the leafs weren't that far from making the playoffs last year and when you consider we were winless in our first 7 games and something dreadful after 15 ... they are a lot better than most think ...
    :lol:
    but you could say that about any team and any losing streak....consistency is a big part of what makes a playoff or non-playoff team. Pretty much any team in the league is capable of making the playoffs if they could erase a bad 15 game stretch, and turn it into a stretch of 10-5 or 11-4 kinda thing. It's super tight every year.
    I should just go away, I don't like to kick people when they're down ;)
    :lol:
    but you could say that about any team and any losing streak....consistency is a big part of what makes a playoff or non-playoff team. Pretty much any team in the league is capable of making the playoffs if they could erase a bad 15 game stretch, and turn it into a stretch of 10-5 or 11-4 kinda thing. It's super tight every year.
    I should just go away, I don't like to kick people when they're down ;)

haha ... it's all good ...

for sure - there is great parity in the nhl ... i just think everything about our team is much better than last year and we weren't that far off is all ...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:
    In April - I will pull up this post of mine and prove everyone wrong. Leafs are making the playoffs - Count on it

I don't think they will but i think they will be better than last year. still worry about your scoring. what team do you think won't make the playoffs that were there last year?
    Ya, it's easy to be hopeful for your team (I'm an Oil fan, I know all about hope)....but you have to do the backwards math...which teams def WON'T make the playoffs. You can probably name 3 or so that def will not....then you have to weigh your odds against the remaining teams. Lookin at it that way...I just don't see the Leafs finishing ahead of 7 other teams...sorry :(

eh yoru oilers are going to be great in a couple of years. you have alot of cap space to go for some good players. the only problem is that alot of players don't want to stay there.
    polaris_x wrote:

our goaltending was awful last year ... toskala basically had zero confidence and we didn't have an in shape kessel till sometime in december ...

maybe i am wrong but were they not 2nd last in their conference last year. :D you have a good defense (if they stay healthy) but look at this. the leafs were 30 in PK and PP. what that tells me is they don't have a lot of good talent and also a problem with their coaching.

i don't see the leafs being better that the hurricanes, lighting who both didn't make the playoffs last year. I can see Montreal slipping out of the playoffs but no other team.
    fife wrote:
    maybe i am wrong but were they not 2nd last in their conference last year. :D you have a good defense (if they stay healthy) but look at this. the leafs were 30 in PK and PP. what that tells me is they don't have a lot of good talent and also a problem with their coaching.

i don't see the leafs being better that the hurricanes, lighting who both didn't make the playoffs last year. I can see Montreal slipping out of the playoffs but no other team.

actually, we were last in the conference ... ;)

but 88 points was the 8th seed and we had 74 pts ... which included 14 OTL ... which is related to our lack of scoring punch and goaltending last year ...

definitely, special teams were a problem last year ...
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

but 88 points was the 8th seed and we had 74 pts ... which included 14 OTL ... which is related to our lack of scoring punch and goaltending last year ...

That's right weren’t that bad .........let me see oh yea one team in the league finished below them ......I guess as a Laugh fan you can celebrate! :lol:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

14 points is actually alot of points in the 3 point game era. Can you see Ron Wilson being the coach of this team the whole year?
    Hawkshore wrote:
    That's right weren’t that bad .........let me see oh yea one team in the league finished below them ......I guess as a Laugh fan you can celebrate! :lol:

you let me know when you guys win a cup ... also, hopefully, if you do get to the finals you won't destroy the city after losing ... like ya did in 94 ;)
    Man, having Canuck, Leaf, and Oiler fans trash talking each other is pretty much a joke :lol:
    Van has ZERO cups, and the other two teams were the worst in the league last year.
    Oh well. The sisters will never lead the Canucks to the grail, and the Leafs seem destined to suck FOREVER with Burke at the helm. Finishing second last and not getting a pick, in exchange for an underachieving quasi-star, has got to be the worst salt-in-wound, insult-to-injury managerial decision I can recall in the NHL.

About no one wanting to play in Edmonton...ya, you're right. But that will probably change (at least a little) as the team improves.
    polaris_x wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

you let me know when you guys win a cup ... also, hopefully, if you do get to the finals you won't destroy the city after losing ... like ya did in 94 ;)

A/ It has been longer since the Laughs have won a cup than the Canucks have even been a team!

B/ It has been so fucking long since the Laughs have won a cup I might as well count the 1915 cup the Vancouver Millionaires won

C/ The Leafs have not won a cup since the league expanded beyond six teams ........Really how fucking hard is it to win the cup when you have a one in six chance!!! :roll:

D/ Oooooh the 94 riot yeah right the city was burnt to the ground .......shit take a look at last year when the Habs won the first or second round ....94 was tame compared to Montreal last year! Besides we have better weed here now than then and as a result most people are a little more mellow 8-)

Do you want some more???
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Man, having Canuck, Leaf, and Oiler fans trash talking each other is pretty much a joke :lol:
    Van has ZERO cups, and the other two teams were the worst in the league last year.
    Oh well. The sisters will never lead the Canucks to the grail, and the Leafs seem destined to suck FOREVER with Burke at the helm. Finishing second last and not getting a pick, in exchange for an underachieving quasi-star, has got to be the worst salt-in-wound, insult-to-injury managerial decision I can recall in the NHL.

About no one wanting to play in Edmonton...ya, you're right. But that will probably change (at least a little) as the team improves.

Van has zero cups??? check this link out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Millionaires

And for calling the reigning Hart and Art Ross trophy winner a sister??? they FUCKIN OWN the COILERS ....But hey I guess I can understand your dislike seeing as Henrick had 10 points in 6 games and Daniel had 9 points in 4 games against the Coil last year!!!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Plan the Parade Fuckers. Leafs WIN LEAFS WIN!
    [/quote]

what team do you think won't make the playoffs that were there last year?[/quote]
    The answer here is The Montreal Canadians
    The answer here is The Montreal Canadians
    Well then they'll have some Blue and White company on the golf course, won't they?
    Lol plan the parade indeed!
    Hawkshore wrote:
    C/ The Leafs have not won a cup since the league expanded beyond six teams ........Really how fucking hard is it to win the cup when you have a one in six chance!!! :roll:

really ... how hard is it to double check facts!?? ... :lol:

anyhoo - leafs win!!

but didn't look too good ... especially our D ... beyond phaneuf and kaberle ... the rest were a bit lost ... :?
    Hawkshore wrote:

Van has zero cups??? check this link out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Millionaires

And for calling the reigning Hart and Art Ross trophy winner a sister??? they FUCKIN OWN the COILERS ....But hey I guess I can understand your dislike seeing as Henrick had 10 points in 6 games and Daniel had 9 points in 4 games against the Coil last year!!!
    The Millionaires? :lol:
    Ok, no Cups in the NHL.
    And any hockey player will tell you that personal accolades mean nothing. Well, the Sedins might not tell you that. I would not trade Hall and Eberle for the sisters. Not a chance. We'll be winning Cups again in a few years, as the Cupless Sisters start going downhill early in their careers, like all non-Canadian players ;)

Hey! I found a new avatar for you:
    :)
    25639_385769155684_574820684_4347481_2211933_s.jpg

Feel free to continue trashing the Oil in the thread I created for them, it's a bit lonely over there :(
    polaris_x wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

anyhoo - leafs win!!

but didn't look too good ... especially our D ... beyond phaneuf and kaberle ... the rest were a bit lost ... :?
    I thought Schenn played better...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

anyhoo - leafs win!!

I know it was a long fucking time ago …….probably before most of us on this web site were born but the last time Laughs won the cup was the 66 - 67 season, expansion was the 67 - 68 season. Hence the Laughs have been incapable of winning a cup with more than six teams in the league!!! :lol: .......Maybe you should consider checking your facts before running your mouth off like Burkeee? :D
    Hawkshore wrote:

The Millionaires? :lol:
    Ok, no Cups in the NHL.
    And any hockey player will tell you that personal accolades mean nothing. Well, the Sedins might not tell you that. I would not trade Hall and Eberle for the sisters. Not a chance. We'll be winning Cups again in a few years, as the Cupless Sisters start going downhill early in their careers, like all non-Canadian players ;)

Hey! I found a new avatar for you:
    :)

Feel free to continue trashing the Oil in the thread I created for them, it's a bit lonely over there :(

Ok that photo is wrong on some many levels :shock: ........why do I get this feeling it is actually a large poster you have hanging above your bed ....with some unusual stains around the bedding? ;)

Anyways as far as trashing the oil go not really my thing ......after the Canucks I usually pull for the oil. Loved seeing them kick the snot out of Flems last night!
    Hawkshore wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

anyhoo - leafs win!!

I know it was a long fucking time ago …….probably before most of us on this web site were born but the last time Laughs won the cup was the 66 - 67 season, expansion was the 67 - 68 season. Hence the Laughs have been incapable of winning a cup with more than six teams in the league!!! :lol: .......Maybe you should consider checking your facts before running your mouth off like Burkeee? :D
    Hmm, with all this fighting the Leafs' parade hasn't made it to me yet. Nice. Canucks and Leafs, the new rivalry.
    Rygar wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

anyhoo - leafs win!!

Hmm, with all this fighting the Leafs' parade hasn't made it to me yet. Nice. Canucks and Leafs, the new rivalry.

Hey the Habs will be getting their turn soon enough .......I will be In Montreal next month and managed to score tickets to the Canucks Habs game at the Bell ......Look for the group of guys in Canucks jerseys behind Price shouting encouragement his way! :twisted:
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Hey the Habs will be getting their turn soon enough .......I will be In Montreal next month and managed to score tickets to the Canucks Habs game at the Bell ......Look for the group of guys in Canucks jerseys behind Price shouting encouragement his way! :twisted:
    Poor bastard. Other than the fact that he was on his knees last night more often than a working girl on payday, I thought he played alright.
    He's a BC boy, you should cheer him on ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Poor bastard. Other than the fact that he was on his knees last night more often than a working girl on payday, I thought he played alright.
    He's a BC boy, you should cheer him on ;)
    Price played great against the pens. I still think he will be a great goalie just not with teh habs. also funny but this is a leaf thread and yet no fans are talking about them.
    Gustovsen plays tonight. he'll be in tough in Pittsburgh
    Because i am in a great mood today. I will like to say congrats to the Boston Bruins for their 2nd top 5 pick in next year draft.
    this team is not as bad as their record shows ... they're just squeezing the sticks a bit too tight ... getting lots of chances but can't seem to bury anything ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    this team is not as bad as their record shows ... they're just squeezing the sticks a bit too tight ... getting lots of chances but can't seem to bury anything ...

this team doesn't have talent. they looked really bad yesterday. I think they have to bring up Kadri. If they don't then i think the leafs consider him a bust.