2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    you guys gotta feel somewhat satisfied for effectively knocking the wheels off the Sabres' "season".

The bums don't deserve to be in either.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Well another sad day for us Leafs fans, 7 yrs and counting.
    Guess I'll just get ready for next yr again :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    530693_398714506814817_100000288130.jpg

Last photo for this year...maybe next year the leafs will be back in the playoffs.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Last photo for this year...maybe next year the leafs will be back in the playoffs.

:lol::lol: Classic
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Canucks' Luongo a Toronto Maple Leaf. Seriously

Toronto has the means, and Lu has the motivation in goalie guru Francois Allaire

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canuc ... z1tAE1j2gd
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    not gonna happen ...

we need to fire allaire ... he's ruined reimer ...
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895
    lukin2006 wrote:

hahaaha
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
    polaris_x wrote:
    not gonna happen ...

Thats what I think 100%. I believe Reimer will be a good goalie, but not under Allaire.

I also don't think we need Luongo, he doesn't seem to be the big game goalie. He's lucky Vancouver had the team they had and we should never pick him to be the starting goalie for team Canada again
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I would take Luongo if he weren't under contract for another ten years, until he's 44.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Thats what I think 100%. I believe Reimer will be a good goalie, but not under Allaire.

I also don't think we need Luongo, he doesn't seem to be the big game goalie. He's lucky Vancouver had the team they had and we should never pick him to be the starting goalie for team Canada again

allaire is the single biggest problem in the coaching staff ... his drop down butterfly shrug your shoulders approach is ok when guys can't shoot ... different nhl these days ...
    This is the same GM that gave up 2 number 1 picks and number 2 for Kessel. I do not give Burke that much credit to do the right thing. Never under estimate what someone who has to be feeling the pressure to make the playoffs will do.

Schenn is traded straight up for JVR!

I actually like this trade, and it has the potential to be great for both teams. Luke definitely needed a change of scenery, as it just wasn't going to work out here for him. Van Reimsdyk was in the same boat over in Philly. Nice move, and it'll be cool to see Luke and Brayden together.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i dunno we keep turning into team america lol, but i hope jvr can be the number 1 centre, i wish the monster good luck as well in Winnipeg
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    kenshunt wrote:
    i dunno we keep turning into team america lol, but i hope jvr can be the number 1 centre, i wish the monster good luck as well in Winnipeg
    Considering he has played wing.......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    81 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:
    Considering he has played wing.......

True, but i heard he played centre at the world juniors but i could be wrong, it makes sense for him to centre kessel and lupul imo because we have enough wingers lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    I was listening to Sportsnet Radio and they were saying he's played all forward positions in the past. I'd say it's likely that Carlyle will give a Kessel-JVR-Lupul line a shot.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    BLACK35 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    not gonna happen ...

no offense but if Lou was your goalie last year, you make the playoffs.

It pains me to say that cause i hate the leafs but its true. Reimer had a decent half a year and people are praising him. Reimer is a back up and trust me, I'm a flyers fan so i know alot about having starting goalies who are back-ups.
    I agree with them making the playoffs. I don't think Riemer is ready to be the starting goalie, think they need to ease him in. I don't mind if they Get Lou, I just don't want the Leafs to seel the farm to get him. Don't think he is worth what Vacouver is going to want in return.
    Lou can maybe help Reimer along nicely and ease that pressure of playing goal in Toronto
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I agree with them making the playoffs. I don't think Riemer is ready to be the starting goalie, think they need to ease him in. I don't mind if they Get Lou, I just don't want the Leafs to seel the farm to get him. Don't think he is worth what Vacouver is going to want in return.
    Lou can maybe help Reimer along nicely and ease that pressure of playing goal in Toronto

If Toronto gets Lou then Reimer is gone. everyone knows that Lou will play a max of 5-6 more years, if the leafs think that scivens is the goalie of the future than you have Lou help him.

also trust me, Vancouver will not get much from any team for Lou. I see maybe a 2nd rounder and a prospect.
    fife wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

If Toronto gets Lou then Reimer is gone. everyone knows that Lou will play a max of 5-6 more years, if the leafs think that scivens is the goalie of the future than you have Lou help him.

also trust me, Vancouver will not get much from any team for Lou. I see maybe a 2nd rounder and a prospect.

Very true about getting rid of Reimer if they get Lou, actually completely forgot about Scrivens :oops: If they could get him for a second rounder and a prospect, I would do it. The prospect could be Kadri and I would be happy with that.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/art ... ot-yet-cox

Roberto Luongo trade to Leafs isn’t a done deal, at least not yet: Cox

No NHL player can be traded during the lockout. But that doesn’t mean nobody is talking trade, or that trade rumours can’t gain life while the players are locked out.

That seems to be the case with the Leafs and their pursuit of Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo, with multiple reports this week indicating that a deal was either close or completed in principle.

Well, not true. At least not yet.

Yes, the Leafs remain very much interested in securing the services of Luongo, and the talks are very much alive. It’s believed Leaf GM Brian Burke and his Vancouver counterpart Mike Gillis spoke as recently as two weeks ago, at which time the Canucks demands were reduced from the bounty they requested at the draft, but not enough for the Leafs to agree to anything.

At the draft, reports indicated Vancouver asked for centre Tyler Bozak, defenceman Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and winger Matt Frattin in exchange for the 33-year-old Luongo. The Leafs had no interest in paying that kind of price, largely because there is no significant market for the services of the veteran goaltender.

The Leafs, however, have only James Reimer on their NHL roster, and he’s a goalie in search of bounce-back season himself. So they have a definite need for quality veteran goaltending and the Canucks need to get Luongo out-of-town.

So talks have continued on and off, with Bozak as the centrepiece. Vancouver believes Bozak would be a good fit as their No. 3 centre behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler. The Leafs might be willing to pay more than Bozak, but how much more is unclear.

The most recent owner’s CBA proposal, meanwhile, may have altered the temperature of talks between the two clubs.

Luongo has 10 years remaining on a contract that comes with a cap hit of $5.33 million per season and expires in 2022. His actual salary is $6.714 million for the next six seasons, including the 2012-13 campaign, but then drops by 50 per cent in the seventh year and to $1 million in each of the final two.

The belief has long been with this contract that he’ll play for six years, then retire, taking the Canucks off the hook for the cap hit in the final four years.

But as the Star reported exclusively last month — a report that was dismissed by pro-union media — the majority of owners and the Bettman administration are intent on punishing teams that insisted on doing quasi-legal backsiding contracts like Luongo’s. It was no surprise, then, the owners’ proposal of earlier this week included a provision that for contracts longer than five years, every year of the contract would count against the cap even if the player didn’t play.

Morever, if a player with such a contract was traded and then retired before the contract expired, the remaining annual cap hit would revert to the team that signed the player in the first place.

So for Luongo, if the Leafs acquired him and he retired after the 2017-18 season, the Canucks would then have to swallow the $5.33 million cap hit for the final four years.

Now, nobody knows if that provision will be included in the final CBA, or whether there will even be a CBA in the near future or this season.

But if that clause were to be included, it would make a Luongo deal more attractive to the Leafs, and possibly make Burke more willing to meet Gillis’s demands.

For now, it’s all hypothetical. There is no deal or deal-in-principle, and it seems likely both teams will want to know the terms of the new CBA before a trade is possible.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just reading on Twitter from Darren Dredger that Gillis said all those rumors very untrue. But you can always take those kind of comments with a grain a salt, from the GMs anyways. Believe it if it happens
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Just reading on Twitter from Darren Dredger that Gillis said all those rumors very untrue. But you can always take those kind of comments with a grain a salt, from the GMs anyways. Believe it if it happens
    I don't see it happening, but who knows with Burkie & Gillis. Maybe when this lockout ends in a year or two we'll finally have closure on this, one way or another.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I don't see it happening, but who knows with Burkie & Gillis. Maybe when this lockout ends in a year or two we'll finally have closure on this, one way or another.

key word year or two :lol: and they are buddies
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

Desperate people do desperate things...can't possibly see how Burke keeps his job if the Leafs miss out on the playoffs again...he's been there 5 years, a 6th year and no playoffs?

lukin2006 wrote:
    Desperate people do desperate things...can't possibly see how Burke keeps his job if the Leafs miss out on the playoffs again...he's been there 5 years, a 6th year and no playoffs?
    Agreed. I was a big supporter of Burke (and to an extent, I still am), but if the team's track record doesn't improve he must take responsibility for not getting it done and either step down or fire himself.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

yes very true, I don't think Roberto is the goalie he used to be though, not enough for me to wager the future on him. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Blue & White :)
    and we can't go another yr of missing the playoffs, I'm sick of cheering for other teams :lol: doesn't feel right
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    lukin2006 wrote:

agreed

really tho - mlse needs to either clean house or sell to an ownership group that actually cares about winning ...
    Yeah, I don't want to mortgage our future for Luongo. I think he still has something special in him and could rebound for a couple years, but he is no longer worth the term remaining on his contract. I know Gillis isn't going to give him away, but he can't demand what Luongo might've been worth in his prime.