Things you'll never understand

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'll never understand how The Hoff could have been the first to leave DWTS.... :(
    hasselhoff.jpg
    he's just sweet :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dunkman wrote:
    why women wear mis-matched underwear.

I damn near love you like a brother but that pisses me off. :lol:

Anyway, claire had a good answer to it. Other reasons:
    - When buying the bra, matching panties weren't available in the right size.
    - Mis-matched underwear looks nice.

I could think of more, but am at work and some of my brain capacity is occupied.

Also, I think you have no right to complain until men also start wearing two pieces of underwear. And wearing two pairs of briefs doesn't count. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Why, when another person yawns, I must yawn myself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28240615/

I remembered hearing this story from a couple of years ago. You don't have to believe anything on MSNBC, but I remember reading excerpts of the study and the MSNBC article does a fair job of summarizing without embellishing

Bottom line: It's believed to be an evolutionary development of animals who live in social groups. Contagious yawns are hypothesized to be a way to keep multiple animals in a social group alert enough to watch out for predators. They work by providing an air exchange and cooling their brains down, thus keeping them more alert.

Well now I understand and I am going to share that explanation when I find myself in that situation again!
    Thank you! ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eMMI wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    why women wear mis-matched underwear.

I damn near love you like a brother but that pisses me off. :lol:

Anyway, claire had a good answer to it. Other reasons:
    - When buying the bra, matching panties weren't available in the right size.
    - Mis-matched underwear looks nice.

I could think of more, but am at work and some of my brain capacity is occupied.

Also, I think you have no right to complain until men also start wearing two pieces of underwear. And wearing two pairs of briefs doesn't count. :P
    femaless underwear is outstanding/astounding matched or mismatched.
    i do not care if a chic's underwear match her bra or shirt or jean/skirt/dress...

in the end
    i vote for zero underwear :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • guys that go commando in pants

metal zipper + going commando = bad idea

thanks for the inspiration on that one chad
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

guys that go commando in pants

zippers and meat-stuff are horrible when coming together.
    not a good idea.

and thank you, twisted
    i am here to inspire

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:
    guys that go commando in pants

zippers and meat-stuff are horrible when coming together.
    not a good idea.

and thank you, twisted
    i am here to inspire

Chad did you get the beans above the franks again? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I'll never understand why when pet cats sleep on the bed why they always have to sleep right where you want your feet to be. Love all the pet cats I've had in my life to bits but why, why, why do they always have to sleep on your feet!?!???! :? ;)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Why "waffles" keep coming up in the threads: The whole Pearl Jam/Waffle connection.

And, also, why I now am craving waffles the way they were intended to be enjoyed, with butter and maple syrup.

Watch this whole video. Your question will be answered.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9X0L02jNSw
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this is something i've thought about for a while.. this whole animal v human equivalent thing.

like they say that when a flea jumps up its the equivalent of us jumping over the Empire State building... its not... and when a spider falls off a coffee table its the equivalent of us falling into the Grand Canyon... its just not.

I saw a spider run across my bathroom floor the other day... it didnt die of exhuastion.. and yet surely thats the equivalent of us sprinting a full marathon?

a spider falling off a coffee table is hitting a nice soft carpet from 2ft up... so its nowhere near the same as us hitting the bottom of the grand canyon at full speed

and i cannot comprehend that whole room of monkeys typing the full works of Shakespeare shit.. i just cant.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dunkman wrote:
    this is something i've thought about for a while.. this whole animal v human equivalent thing.

like they say that when a flea jumps up its the equivalent of us jumping over the Empire State building... its not... and when a spider falls off a coffee table its the equivalent of us falling into the Grand Canyon... its just not.

I saw a spider run across my bathroom floor the other day... it didnt die of exhuastion.. and yet surely thats the equivalent of us sprinting a full marathon?

a spider falling off a coffee table is hitting a nice soft carpet from 2ft up... so its nowhere near the same as us hitting the bottom of the grand canyon at full speed

and i cannot comprehend that whole room of monkeys typing the full works of Shakespeare shit.. i just cant.

i hope to god you're high when you think of this because if you're straight ..you need help
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    straight... I havent been high in about 15 years and when i was high all i thought about was food.. not how fast a spider could run... my brain doesnt need chemicals to get more fucked up.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Why people are in such an all fired fucking hurry to pull out in front of you and then they poke along on the road like they have all the time in the world to get somewhere. If they have all that time they couldn't have just waited a few more seconds until you passed?
  • Why a guy would dump a girl, say let's just be friends, disappear for a while then all of a sudden contact again!? :roll:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • How SNL is still on the air after all these years. Tonight was a new low....
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    norm wrote:
    humans

Your avatar is great! Love that movie. :)

I will never understand avoidance. SO lame. Communication isn't difficult. :roll:
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I'll never understand why you can now buy a different kind of wet wipe for almost every possible situation and the vast majority of it isn't even bio-degradeable! I've had an insight into the future and it's not pretty folks...
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Why they call it a touchdown when neither the player or the ball crosses the goal line?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Why they call it a touchdown when neither the player or the ball crosses the goal line?

iv used to wonder about this. but then i figured that they may not touch the ball down but their feet or body do touch down in goal so...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• iv used to wonder about this. but then i figured that they may not touch the ball down but their feet or body do touch down in goal so...

not the touchdown I saw today. It was even challenged and the ruling on the field stood. Even the commentator didn't think the guy was in. Can't remember which game it was though.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

iv used to wonder about this. but then i figured that they may not touch the ball down but their feet or body do touch down in goal so...

not the touchdown I saw today. It was even challenged and the ruling on the field stood. Even the commentator didn't think the guy was in. Can't remember which game it was though.

aah yes that happens.. in rugby league they go to the video ref.. which in my opinion is sorta bullshit. gone are the days when absolute unambiguous contact had to be made for it to count. seems these days all you gotta do is breathe on the ball and its counted.

commentators make my head ache.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Fruit flies.

I mean, WTF is that about?
    How we can buy six gigantic bags of candy, give out exactly one per trick or treater, and still we ran out of candy at 7:15, a full 45 minutes before trick-or-treating ends.
    :o
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Fruit flies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0GUqc1442k
    i know they enjoy bars

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Why we can't give out emergency backup treats for Halloween since running out of candy after using up six giant bags.

Mr. Unlost just vetoed my ideas:
    1. Cans of Bud Light (left over from the boat this summer)
    2. Individual marshmallows
    3. Slim Fast snack bars
    4. Packets of Splenda

Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful. Instead he opted to shut out all of the lights at the front of the house, and now we're cowering in the living room and kitchen with all the blinds drawn.
    Why we can't give out emergency backup treats for Halloween since running out of candy after using up six giant bags.

Mr. Unlost just vetoed my ideas:
    1. Cans of Bud Light (left over from the boat this summer)
    2. Individual marshmallows
    3. Slim Fast snack bars
    4. Packets of Splenda

Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful. Instead he opted to shut out all of the lights at the front of the house, and now we're cowering in the living room and kitchen with all the blinds drawn.

The correct treat for those little angels with paper trick-or-treat bags is ice cubes.
    chadwick wrote:
    Fruit flies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0GUqc1442k
    i know they enjoy bars

As do I, my poetic friend.
  • Why people still use checks at the grocery store. It's such a slow process :roll:
  • This:

Pagan_Couple_1119992c.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Justin Bieber

why Steven Tyler wants to be a judge on American Idol !!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me