Things you'll never understand

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Meetings.

meetings.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Why don't people know how to use the suicide lane? :twisted:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:

I'm not sure what that is, but if I did, I am sure I would love to use it because no one else on the road knows how to drive but me. They all drive waaay too slow. This suicide lane you speak of sounds lovely.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    This:

Pagan_Couple_1119992c.jpg

I understand that.
    Do you want an explanation?
  • Half Full wrote:
    This:

I understand that.

I'd like to hear it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    4and20 wrote:

I'm not sure what that is, but if I did, I am sure I would love to use it because no one else on the road knows how to drive but me. They all drive waaay too slow. This suicide lane you speak of sounds lovely.

Suicide lane...the center turning lane. So if you want to turn LEFT (from a parking lot/side street), you'd turn left into the turning (suicide) lane, and wait until traffic is clear, then merge into traffic going towards the left....for some reason the rednecks where I live do not realize it's there...they wait until BOTH lanes of traffic are clear to turn left...and..they....turn.......rrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll sssssllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww and meanwhile the rest of the people behind them keep piling up wondering what the holdup is...(usually happens when the first car in line wants to turn left and the other 5 people behind them want to turn right) :evil:

( :wave: number1!)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Half Full wrote:
    This:

I understand that.

I'd like to hear it.

The lady is collecting rocks. She can't lift those heavy ones.
    The guy is her husband. He is blind.
    He feels for big rocks and then tells her that "this rock is too big" so then she leaves that rock behind.
    The lady also collects just rock-shaped rocks...not mushroom-shaped rocks or anything.
  • 4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

Suicide lane...the center turning lane. So if you want to turn LEFT (from a parking lot/side street), you'd turn left into the turning (suicide) lane, and wait until traffic is clear, then merge into traffic going towards the left....for some reason the rednecks where I live do not realize it's there...they wait until BOTH lanes of traffic are clear to turn left...and..they....turn.......rrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll sssssllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww and meanwhile the rest of the people behind them keep piling up wondering what the holdup is...(usually happens when the first car in line wants to turn left and the other 5 people behind them want to turn right) :evil:

I thought maybe this was like a super fast lane on the freeway I didn't know about, darn it. :roll:
  • Half Full wrote:
    Half Full wrote:
    This:

I understand that.

The lady is collecting rocks. She can't lift those heavy ones.
    The guy is her husband. He is blind.
    He feels for big rocks and then tells her that "this rock is too big" so then she leaves that rock behind.
    The lady also collects just rock-shaped rocks...not mushroom-shaped rocks or anything.

I see it so clearly now...thank you so much for straightening it out for me. And here it thought THIS was some super scary witchcraft ritual or something. :roll: :roll: (This gets two eye rolls)
  • why slow walkers are so fucking selfish and stand side by side with other slow walkers completely blocking an overtake route
    wah
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
    edited November 2010
    Half Full wrote:
    This:

I understand that.

Edit: Wait, I read your explanation. Makes perfect sense!
    Post edited by FinsburyParkCarrots on
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

i have never heard of any highway lane being called a suicide lane
    oh wait... you're in Seattle
    never mind....
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the various spellings of the name Jonathon...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Country music
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited November 2010
    Why do people use trolley bags? They drag these things on wheels behind them so that you trip over them, even though they can only weigh as much as an oversized handbag.
    Grown men using trolley bags? That one really left me on the island.

Also, what's with men wearing pink shirts? It became all the rage in England - maybe still is. I don't get it. What is their fucking problem?

Also, people getting onto trains and then standing still. There are people getting on behind you asshole. This is why I just shoved you hard in the back.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Why do people use trolley bags? They drag these things on wheels behind them so that you trip over them, even though they can only weigh as much as an oversized handbag.

Also, what's with men wearing pink shirts? It became all the rage in England - maybe still is. I don't get it. What is their fucking problem?
    pink is merely a color
    trolley bags may weigh a bit so they are drug around instead of carried
    why are you walking all up on people?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Byrnzie wrote:

Also, people getting onto trains and then standing still. There are people getting on behind you asshole. This is why I just shoved you hard in the back.
    oneday someone might karate chop you in the face for shoving them hard in the back
    you still are living in china, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    pink is merely a color

You think it's a mere coincidence that every other fucker started wearing a pink shirt at about the same time?
    They were/are clearly making some sort of statement.
    chadwick wrote:

They don't weigh anything. You couldn't fit more than 2 cats in one of them.
    Walking up on people? Have you ever been in a tube (subway) station, an airport, or a busy street? They walk slowly and drag the things behind them. It's practically impossible not to trip over them.
    chadwick wrote:
    oneday someone might karate chop you in the face for shoving them hard in the back
    you still are living in china, yes/no?

I've not seen people do it here though. In London they used to do it every day.
    And not everyone in China knows martial arts. If they did then they wouldn't all resort to using bottles when they fight.
    Double barrelled names.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pink is merely a color

You think it's a mere coincidence that every other fucker started wearing a pink shirt at about the same time?
    They were/are clearly making some sort of statement.
    chadwick wrote:

They don't weigh anything. You couldn't fit more than 2 cats in one of them.
    Walking up on people? Have you ever been in a tube (subway) station, an airport, or a busy street? They walk slowly and drag the things behind them. It's practically impossible not to trip over them.
    sorry i don't live and thrive in a jammed packed place called China
    never been in a tube (subway) station
    yes i have been to airports and busy streets
    i never walked all over people dragging tiny weightless bags behind them
    never had that problem

pink shirts?
    so what
    983 men standing there wearing pink shirts... who cares?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    lina319 wrote:
    Why a guy would dump a girl, say let's just be friends, disappear for a while then all of a sudden contact again!? :roll:

That's easy. He wants sex.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Country music

Except for Billy Ray Cyrus. He Rules!!!
    chadwick wrote:

I wasn't thinking of China when I typed the above. I was thinking of London.

chadwick wrote:
    pink shirts?
    so what

Me. I think it's pathetic. Shows that a bunch of sheep are all trying to make a lame statement of some sort. Plus pink shirts look crap.
    Why practically everyone in London regarded themselves as well-read if they'd read both The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons. Wankers.

Edit: I have absolutely no doubt that these peoples book shelves at home contained nothing but Dan Brown's entire oevre along with the collected works of J.K Rowling, and maybe a couple of celebrity chef cook books.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

chadwick wrote:
    pink shirts?
    so what

Me. I think it's pathetic. Shows that a bunch of sheep are all trying to make a lame statement of some sort. Plus pink shirts look crap.
    dont be so easily agitated all the time.
    you my friend need to relax; you are a very uptight individual.
    yoga & meditation
    why aren't you smoking opium or something?

you'd think (common knowledge anyway) you'd travel to India and get yourself situated with the smoking babas or something...

this i do not understand about Byrnzie

why no smoking BABAS?
    why Brynzie why?

why is China & London so crowded?
    and why are you pushing and shoving people and walking all over them and all their shit?

bad Byrnzie
    bad

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pink shirts?
    so what

yoga & meditation

you'd think (common knowledge anyway) you'd travel to India and get yourself situated with the smoking babas or something...

why no smoking BABAS?
    why Brynzie why?

and why are you pushing and shoving people and walking all over them and all their shit?

bad Byrnzie
    bad

:lol:
    edited November 2010
    chadwick wrote:
    yoga & meditation

why no smoking BABAS?
    why Brynzie why?

bad Byrnzie
    bad

I'm not always uptight and agitated, but people piss me off.

I'd like to get my hands on some opium. Drugs are hard to come by here though. I've never been a big fan of weed, but maybe opium would be o.k. Ecstacy was always my drug of choice.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
    chadwick wrote:

Because the fastest way from A-B is a straight line, at top speed.