I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • a certain someone
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    why libraries and bookstores in 2010 still put the books straight up so i have to strain my neck at a stupid odd angle to see the name of the books. seriously can we come up with a way so i don't have to turn my damn neck to a 90 degree angle to see a darn book title. or at least write the book title down so it is readable without turning neck.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pjhawks wrote:
    why libraries and bookstores in 2010 still put the books straight up so i have to strain my neck at a stupid odd angle to see the name of the books. seriously can we come up with a way so i don't have to turn my damn neck to a 90 degree angle to see a darn book title. or at least write the book title down so it is readable without turning neck.
    i think you're on to something
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    wasps... i don't see where they come in the food chain? do they do stuff with pollen? if so i'll take back my non-understanding and attribute it to "open sandwiches"... put another slice on the fucker and have a real sandwich!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    "self" checkout at Home Depot and then you have a salesperson come running over to help you checkout. :? really strange....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    White anglo-saxon protestants
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Bowling shoe covers. When bolwing shoes aren't cool enough all on thier own...

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3399791
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Condoms

just pull out
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    canoegirl :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Condoms

just pull out

Shouldn't you be putting this in the thread about "things your mom says"?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Condoms

just pull out

Shouldn't you be putting this in the thread about "things your mom says"?

:lol: Dad told me one. He was finally right about something.
  • people who believe the "rhythm method" works
    how many kids does one need to have before they decide they need to find a better method??
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Why don't people know how to use the suicide lane? :twisted:

Suicide lane...the center turning lane. So if you want to turn LEFT (from a parking lot/side street), you'd turn left into the turning (suicide) lane, and wait until traffic is clear, then merge into traffic going towards the left....for some reason the rednecks where I live do not realize it's there...they wait until BOTH lanes of traffic are clear to turn left...and..they....turn.......rrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll sssssllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww and meanwhile the rest of the people behind them keep piling up wondering what the holdup is...(usually happens when the first car in line wants to turn left and the other 5 people behind them want to turn right) :evil:

( :wave: number1!)
    i have never heard of any highway lane being called a suicide lane
    oh wait... you're in Seattle
    never mind....
    EVERY lane on every single mile of rt 31 in NJ..thats suicide lane. matter of fact many daily rt 31 drivers display bumper stickers that read "pray for me i drive rt 31"
    but i did actually think the suicide lane you referred to was the slow/merge lane.
    but in PA we have those central left turn lanes too and you're absolutely right in calling them suicide lanes...ggeeeeezzzuuuuzzz they are scary.what to watch more, your rearview mirror, or people speeding in your head on direction in that same lane who might be watching their rearview instead of looking at you. Scary place to be.

directions:

turnlanes.giftwoway_turnlanes.jpg27c.gifCED.jpg

results after following directions: :o :shock:

accident-10-08-09-2.jpg
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Why, when you're supposed to be at your most careful, is every other bloody parent on the road an idiot while dropping their kid off at school? They turn left when clearly there is a sign that says right turn only. They stop in the middle of the street, a two way, and drop their kid off, who then crosses traffic to get to the school. Middle school. They speed demon around the parking lot with their tunnel vision heads positioned straight ahead and look nowhere else. Seriously. WTF? Do you lose all brains upon entering the "school zone" because your stupid ass is late for work or what?!??
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • The Dr is coming in clear.......... more please STP :D
    squirrel driving
    they havent a clue
    this suicide driving

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Lizard wrote:
    canoegirl :?

This is what I have been thinking!!! :? :? :?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Mosquitos - Surely we should have produced a chemical to wipe them out by now?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:

we thought we did but it only made them stronger. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    why can't cbgb's, limelight and wetlands be open still

:(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Byrnzie wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pink is merely a color

You think it's a mere coincidence that every other fucker started wearing a pink shirt at about the same time?
    They were/are clearly making some sort of statement.

Statement, schmatement. Unless it was very very different in the UK, the whole pink shirt thing was/is merely a new and exciting fashion. :P I think for a while the sentiment was that it takes a Real Man to wear a pink shirt. Don't know if that still applies. :roll:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Something I'll never understand: Love. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eMMI wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    pink is merely a color

You think it's a mere coincidence that every other fucker started wearing a pink shirt at about the same time?

Statement, schmatement. Unless it was very very different in the UK, the whole pink shirt thing was/is merely a new and exciting fashion. :P I think for a while the sentiment was that it takes a Real Man to wear a pink shirt. Don't know if that still applies. :roll:

i'm with Byrnzie on this one... it's not a new and exsciting fashion.. it's mostly preening tits who wear pink polo shirts... like really loud and obnoxious Essex boys who drink really really drab bottled lager and their hair is shinier than the Gulf of Mexico's coastline.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

i'm with Byrnzie on this one... it's not a new and exsciting fashion.. it's mostly preening tits who wear pink polo shirts... like really loud and obnoxious Essex boys who drink really really drab bottled lager and their hair is shinier than the Gulf of Mexico's coastline.

Fair enough. I guess it's just a trendy fad amongst those guys then. And/Or the sentiment "Real Men can wear pink shirts" survives. Hooray! :? :lol:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Why, when you're supposed to be at your most careful, is every other bloody parent on the road an idiot while dropping their kid off at school? They turn left when clearly there is a sign that says right turn only. They stop in the middle of the street, a two way, and drop their kid off, who then crosses traffic to get to the school. Middle school. They speed demon around the parking lot with their tunnel vision heads positioned straight ahead and look nowhere else. Seriously. WTF? Do you lose all brains upon entering the "school zone" because your stupid ass is late for work or what?!??

totally 100% agree with this one - nothing worse than being on the road at school drop off and pick-up time (although honestly I pretty much think that is how women drive all the time not just at school time or in school zones but that might come across as a bit sexist by me).

2 others i don't understand is people waiting in line at a store for 5 minutes but don't get their money out until they get up to cashier thus making the line behind them even longer.

also why do women insist on putting their change back in their purse at the counter, again thus holding up the rest of the line. very annoying.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Condoms

just pull out

ha! like THAT works :? just ask my daughter :roll: :lol:
    although I am happy beyond words to have her, do not, i repeat, do not rely on pulling out OR "the sponge"
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Why we can't have 3 day weekends all the time?
    I think people would be all around more happy :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Why people have to work on their birthdays...should be a personal holiday
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Byrnzie wrote:
    bats and other critters need something to eat

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce