Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i was worried that mine would be late as well...but 30 minutes before leaving work on Christmas Eve, the front desk called to tell me I had a package. (i have everything delivered to work). woo hoo!!!! customs seems to have opened it, so hopefully everything is there.

thank you Tommy Guitar!!!

inside was an Irish 2011 calendar, a can of Guinness, a can of Murphy's, a can of tangerine soda, a cadbury candy bar, and some orange hard candies with chocolate filling.

this is my favorite part of christmas- exchanging gifts with people from every corner of the globe.

merry christmas every one!
    5291713534_6afd2904a9.jpg
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Mmmmm Murphy's...
    ~JzP
  • Finally a chance to say Thanks for all the wicked stuff I got.

A Big HUGE thanks to JZP for my awesome Christmas gift. First time ever the gift has made it until Christmas morning, which is not a testament to my will power/self control but due to the fact that mostly it was hidden from me! :)

If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I'll do so, for now, a description.....

Two awesome beers from JZP's city, homemade tea (which I can't wait to try), homemade bug spray, a PJ bouncy ball (which is so awesome), PJ stickers, a mixed cd of PJ tunes and a Toblerone!!

So very awesome! All of it! Thanks so much!

Again, another great year of giving and receiving! Thanks Helen for organizing!
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    OK,
    After, again, bugging unlostdogs and several posts here expressing my dismay of not receiving a SS gift, I really thought I wasn't getting anything. The expression of gratitude that Black Diamond showed after receiving my gift was plenty for me. We went out to lunch and do some last minute shopping. When we got back home hustling and bustling my son said "Dad there's a tube on the porch...I think its yours" Truly, like a child at his first Christmas My eyes got wide, WHAT?? WHERE?? REALLY?? LET ME SEE!!!! YEAH!!!

I got it and on Christmas Eve no less!! And I feel I should apologize to RTW for having little faith. I am sorry. I thank you so very much for everything.

My first Ames Bros Poster from the 2006 Toronto show, The set of PEARL JAM Magnets and pins, which are already on my guitar gig bag :D , The bottle of Maple Syrup and Maple syrup spread, quilted coasters and I think beer cozies, and, AND, A BOTTLE OF Tankhouse Ale from the Mill Street Brewery!!
    THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!

Once I figure out how to post pics on to a thread here I will post them But, RTW/JODY Thank you so much, Thank you for making my day and my Christmas so much Brighter!!

You're welcome. So glad it got there and so glad you like it. The "forgotten item" will be shipped out to you as soon as the post office re-opens.
    Hope your Christmas was awesome!
    Oh, and the beer cozies are actually supposed to be for hot drinks. You know like the cardboard sleeve you get at Starbucks to keep your hand from burning from the super hot drink?? But a cozie for a beer would also be perfectly acceptable! :)
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    edited December 2010
    Wow! I love everything! My fav of course is the PJ coffee mug! It is now my daily smile....how did you know I love my morning coffee? And, what better way to start the day than with PJ? But, along with the mug, is coffee, and Bailey's Irish Cream! What a way to either start or finish the day....Also, a very cool bookmark, which lets me know my SS read my likes! It's a very cool peace sign too! But there's more! Cinnamon Hot Chocolate! Plus, a very cool cd of Sons on Sylvia and a very sweet note. I had to Google them and you're spot on, I really like them a lot! Also, loved your wife's license card, mine is Leash! Will try to post pics, our battery is dead at the moment, but thanks soooo much! :)
    I don't know who you are but please pm me. I'd love to meet you or thank you! :)
    Post edited by wolfbear on
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • hello my friends..nothing arrive yet here,i guess in the next days will!!!and its so great so many people be happy,expecting to arrive ..and greatest of all is that the ones send the ss is more exciting from the one waiting to receive ss...AWESOME!!!!!!Good morning and enjoy holidays ..to all of you!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I sent mine at the beginning of the month.......hopefully it won't be too much longer.. :)
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    wolfbear wrote:
    Wow! I love everything! My fav of course is the PJ coffee mug! It is now my daily smile....how did you know I love my morning coffee? And, what better way to start the day than with PJ? But, along with the mug, is coffee, and Bailey's Irish Cream! What a way to either start or finish the day....Also, a very cool bookmark, which lets me know my SS read my likes! It's a very cool peace sign too! But there's more! Cinnamon Hot Chocolate! Plus, a very cool cd of Sons on Sylvia and a very sweet note. I had to Google them and you're spot on, I really like them a lot! Also, loved your wife's license card, mine is Leash! Will try to post pics, our battery is dead at the moment, but thanks soooo much! :)
    I don't know who you are but please pm me. I'd love to meet you or thank you! :)
    Hey Wolfbear I am glad you liked your gift, putting it together for you was fun but I also admit, Pandora, my lovely wife helped me get it together.
    I hope your holiday season is awesome and that Santa filled your stocking with all your dreams.
    Last night our wish came true for a White Christmas in Atlanta.
    Peace on Earth to all
    JBii
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • ok so my SS gift was sooo awesome!!! I don't know how to explain myself in this area, but I am very eclectic, and love to own things that came from somewhere I've never been! My SS was Tinkerbell, who is from NZ. So she sent me a magnet of a traditional woven basket, a Christams decoration that I just LOVE!! Cause the Pukeko happens to be one of my favorite species of bird because they're sooo unique and have such ememnse character. ( Steve Irwin had one that ran free at his zoo in AU, not sure if it's still alive since the show is no longer..but let's just say many episodes turned out VERY interestingly cause of that bird!) I got a NZ calendar, which is gorgeous!! I'm jealous aas hell that you get those views, and I just get to look at flat assed old Kansas, LOL. But the coolest thing was... an album that her friend had made.It is absolutely gorgeous, and such talent!! I was extremely happy, and the Pukeko will go on my tree every year now, and everytime I go to get a beer out of my fridge, I'll see a little piece of NZ staring back at me, to remind I need to go see it. Thank you Wendy I now have treasures from NZ and that is the best part. Maybe I'll get even luckier and be able to write down some PJ concert dates in my lovely new calendar!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Awww... just wanna say thank you all who participated... I've had so much fun following this thread and it's more than made up for me not taking part. I also want to thank those of you who sent me cards :) they were much appreciated and brightened up our hall!

Hope you all had a brilliant brilliant christmas and got everything you wanted. Those of you who have yet to receive your SS gift, I'm sure it's on its way and it's in the middle of a great little adventure at the mo! Hang in there!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    JBii wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:
    Hey Wolfbear I am glad you liked your gift, putting it together for you was fun but I also admit, Pandora, my lovely wife helped me get it together.
    I hope your holiday season is awesome and that Santa filled your stocking with all your dreams.
    Last night our wish came true for a White Christmas in Atlanta.
    Peace on Earth to all
    JBii
    Thanks again! Woke up excited to use my new mug! :lol:
    We had a wonderful day though not a white one like you. I'm sure we'll get some this winter. :)
    Off to Canada to have another PJ Christmas with friends on Tuesday! Love this group!
    Hope to meet you both at a show or shows in 2011!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Awww... just wanna say thank you all who participated... I've had so much fun following this thread and it's more than made up for me not taking part. I also want to thank those of you who sent me cards :) they were much appreciated and brightened up our hall!

Hope you all had a brilliant brilliant christmas and got everything you wanted. Those of you who have yet to receive your SS gift, I'm sure it's on its way and it's in the middle of a great little adventure at the mo! Hang in there!
    we thank you!!!!!!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Awww... just wanna say thank you all who participated... I've had so much fun following this thread and it's more than made up for me not taking part. I also want to thank those of you who sent me cards :) they were much appreciated and brightened up our hall!

we thank you!!!!!!!!! :)
    +1
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Claireack wrote:
    ^^^ me too!
    ...and me :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Thank you so much for setting this all up for everyone Helen! Someone should pm everyone your address so we can all send you presents! :lol: Not fair that the organizer doesn't get atleast a little something...
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    coachchris wrote:
    Thank you so much for setting this all up for everyone Helen! Someone should pm everyone your address so we can all send you presents! :lol: Not fair that the organizer doesn't get atleast a little something...

I agree. Helen works so hard - tell us what you'd like, Helen. Oranges from LA?

(Coach Chris - still waiting on your black socks... I'm sure the 10C will be delivering them any day now.)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'll be away now until after the New Year so, if my parcel comes in between, I won't be able to let you guys know until the 23rd!

I do have a house/cat sitter but she won't know if it's Secret Santa or not!

Something to look forward to in the new year :mrgreen:
  • Ok !!! with the help of mensane i have figured out how to post my SS present pics..so here they are!!!

Thanks again to Ridin the Wave!!

ry%3D400

The entire package with and quilted coasters and Coffee Cup Coozies AND the Tour Poster, My First one!!...

ry%3D400

Pins and Magnet set...So very cool!! Love, LOVE the pin that says I Just wanna scream HELLO!!!

ry%3D400

The Beer...not even sure if that was legal...lol naughty!

ry%3D400

Maple Syrup, Maple Syrup jellied Spread and shot glass...

Thanks so very much...again I had a blast doing this...Thanks Helen I hope you get as much enjoyment and good feelings That we do when giving and receiving these great and unique gifts from all over.

You are the greatest!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Ok !!! with the help of mensane i have figured out how to post my SS present pics..so here they are!!!

Thanks again to Ridin the Wave!!

ry%3D400

The entire package with and quilted coasters and Coffee Cup Coozies AND the Tour Poster, My First one!!...

ry%3D400

Pins and Magnet set...So very cool!! Love, LOVE the pin that says I Just wanna scream HELLO!!!

ry%3D400

The Beer...not even sure if that was legal...lol naughty!

ry%3D400

Maple Syrup, Maple Syrup jellied Spread and shot glass...

Thanks so very much...again I had a blast doing this...Thanks Helen I hope you get as much enjoyment and good feelings That we do when giving and receiving these great and unique gifts from all over.

You are the greatest!!

Whoa, nice haul Boo Boo! I love the PJ magnet set and the buttons!!!

Apparently Riding The Wave didn't realize that you were on Santa's naughty list this year...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • thanks goodness RTW over looked such details...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I shouldve known santa wouldnt visit a jewish kid...but, i shouldve got a least a lump of coal, right?
    "A little something, anything, anything, I'll try all..."
  • coachchris wrote:
    Thank you so much for setting this all up for everyone Helen! Someone should pm everyone your address so we can all send you presents! :lol: Not fair that the organizer doesn't get atleast a little something...
    Thank you :D You're all too cute... but I've got everything I need! Just keep up the good spirit and stuff and, from the post above, I'm guessing there are more pics and posts to come :mrgreen:

Besides, I'm not sure oranges from LA would survive the postal system at the mo :? :D

Hope you all fared well from the REAL santa too???
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I shouldve known santa wouldnt visit a jewish kid...but, i shouldve got a least a lump of coal, right?
    Santa might just have had a little trouble getting the post out on time. I bet Monday brings you a little sumpin' :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    thanks stillhere 8-)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    StillHere wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Santa might just have had a little trouble getting the post out on time. I bet Monday brings you a little sumpin' :D
    Damn, that santa is a lazy bastard :o , I heard something would be arriving somewhere on tuesday.

You would think , working only ONE day a year this wouldn't be difficult :shock: . Put the bud down Santa, After all it's for the kids!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Damn, that santa is a lazy bastard :o , I heard something would be arriving somewhere on tuesday.

You would think , working only ONE day a year this wouldn't be difficult :shock: . Put the bud down Santa, After all it's for the kids!!! :mrgreen:
    yeah, you'll have that from time to time, what can i say? that santa, got a light a fire under him sometimes. goes too heavy on that pipe. :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    just noticed for the first time the other day that we never see santa portrayed with his pipe anymore these days
    peace,
    jo

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    StillHere wrote:
    just noticed for the first time the other day that we never see santa portrayed with his pipe anymore these days
    its been in the elves shop for resin scraping.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14