Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Sonja_S wrote:
    Also, thank you Helen for organising this! I haven't been online much because real life kind of sucked the last 2 years, so your ss-e-mail reminded me to get back on this board.
    Sorry to hear this and hope this helped :oops: :D

It did, that was so much fun again! :P I also got the call that the job I was after for more than a year (yeah, we're really into making fast decisions over here :roll: ) was finally mine a few weeks after getting your e-mail, and my mom is showing signs of having a life almost 2 years after losing my dad so things are definitely looking up...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    OK... so yesterday was Epiphany (12th night) and the 'official' end of Christmas time but Santa still hasn't delivered anything for me. And now he's back in the North Pole snoozing..... :cry:

... but..... one of his lil' elves on his way to the unemployment office to sign up after his spell of seasonal work, dropped something off at my neighbour's! Photos uploading as we speak... a bit of patience is required. :mrgreen:
    Here we go.... all pics uploaded.

First of all thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to fifthelement! All prezzies suit me to a T (and suit 'others' as well!). Fifthelement - I appreciate your efforts in Seattle and I can understand that it's a big city and therefore very difficult to happen to knock on the right door! :mrgreen:

I received a fantastic book. Uncannily, when we were visiting my family over Christmas, my daughter read it and loved it. Now I can read it too! Another cat related gift was a lovely cat calendar. Received a bit of Canada with beautiful set of playing card each with a different picture, and a bit of native art in the form of a magnet and shot glass (dual purpose this - art and drink!). To satisfy my sweet tooth, Canadian salt water taffees (which, I must admit have already gone down pretty well)! And last but not least.... kitties got a stocking filled with stuff! Lucky them! They thank you and forgive you for having dogs.

Here are some pics - some of them would be better in the kitty thread, but they are part of this lovely SS too!

Thanks again.

xxxx

YAY! SS arrived - it is mine... see - it says 'Redrock'!
    P1130109.jpg?t=1294414389

YAY!! I got a bundle of newspapers from Canada! I can relax with this and a cup of coffee!
    P1130112.jpg?t=1294414475

OH WAIT!!! It's not newspapers, it's a box of Chips/Croustilles! Swap coffee for beer!
    P1130113.jpg?t=1294414580

Well... looking a bit closer it wasn't that at all **puts beer back in fridge** but this!
    P1130118.jpg?t=1294414672

Guess I needed a bit of help to open all of the prezzies!
    P1130120.jpg?t=1294414672

And look at all I received!!!!
    P1130124.jpg?t=1294414811

I guess Dookie decided this was his - difficult to open though..
    P1130127.jpg?t=1294414840

And I guess Mojo decided it was hers too.... oh dear.... argument...
    P1130133.jpg?t=1294414918

Taffy love....
    P1130149.jpg?t=1294415431

Four of the five kitties LOVING their new toys (even my 20year old - the black & white one). The fifth one is outside and doesn't know he's got something! I know... this belongs in 'another' thread....
    P1130148.jpg?t=1294414982

P1130144.jpg?t=1294415104

P1130136.jpg?t=1294415515

P1130138.jpg?t=1294415694
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    :D Sorry for the delay in posting. I am very pleased to report that the package arrived on Dec. 24th, so it was much easier for me to wait until Chrsitmas Day to open it! :lol:

Thank you SO much, my Secret Santa!!! I was pleasantly surprised that I got everything I asked for, so very sweet of you. Speaking of sweets, the Thornton's toffees were delectable! Just scrumptious!! I was so stoked when I saw not only 1 bag, but 4 different kinds of them! It didn't take very long for all of them to disappear. Hee Hee!!! *burp* :lol: I was also excited to receive the Marmite. I know, it's not to everyone's taste, but damn, I love it! Thank you as well for the great stickers, and the CD (I have not had a chance to listen to it yet, but I will bring it in to work tomorrow to enjoy).

Thank you for your kindness, Secret Santa.

I hope that everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas, and may 2011 be filled with peace, love, and joy!

Also, THANK YOU HELEN! I am so glad that you have stuck with organizing this every year since you started it up. :)

:)

Glad you liked them and that the toffees went down well!

Hopefully you'll have listened to the CD - there are some awesome bands on there (even if I do say so myself! :lol: ). Anyway here's the track list:

(Notes From The Trial Of) La Curandera - Clutch
    Dead Christmas - Monster Magnet
    Cheap Wine - Brant Bjork
    Don't Hate Me - Porcupine Tree
    She Got Me (When She Got Her Dress. On) - Masters of Reality
    Where Did You Sleep Last Night? - Mark Lanegan
    Song Of The Sad Assassin - Why?
    Queen Of The Rodeo (Live) - Alice In Chains
    Against The Grain - Bad Religion
    Motorhead - Amplifier
    Build Us A Rocket Then... - Oceansize
    Set Guitars to Kill - And So I Watch You From Afar
    Isak - Baroness
    Iron Swan - The Sword
    Ænima - Tool
    Sin - Nine Inch Nails
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Sonja_S wrote:
    Sonja_S wrote:
    Also, thank you Helen for organising this! I haven't been online much because real life kind of sucked the last 2 years, so your ss-e-mail reminded me to get back on this board.

It did, that was so much fun again! :P I also got the call that the job I was after for more than a year (yeah, we're really into making fast decisions over here :roll: ) was finally mine a few weeks after getting your e-mail, and my mom is showing signs of having a life almost 2 years after losing my dad so things are definitely looking up...
    Aww... well here's hoping 2011 is your year! :D I think it's gonna be a good one myself :mrgreen: and so sorry about your Dad :oops:

Red :mrgreen: love the narration!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Mine finally arrived on Wednesday... WOW!! all the way from Scotland.
    I had been out for the day with my mum and aunt and when I got home there was a brown box waiting for me on the bench.... I turned it over to see who it was from, I didn't recognize the name so assumed it was my SS pressie, did a little dance. The kids were looking at me sideways... Made myself wait until after diner, then.... opened it to find heaps of beautifully wrapped gifts, including one for each of my kids and for my partner.
    For Mr Tink a bottle of 10 year old scotch (very good choice for him I must say, he was really touched that there was something in there for him)
    For Miss 6 a picture book "Morag the Tickling Midgie" (she loves it!)
    For Mr 3 a book "Hamish the Hairy Haggis" (very funny!!)
    and for me..... well... where do I start, these were wrapped in 4 pretty parcels
    A beautiful handmade broach that will go on my winter coat.
    Some PJ stickers (which will be going on my guitar!) a Yield wrist band, a PJ stubbie holder, a red PJ tote bag (love it!!!!!!!)
    Some Scottish fudge (yummy all eaten in one night by my Nana and I), some butterscotch (I love it)
    Some postcards from Scotland (very pretty, and quite like home) a magnet for the fridge
    and the best of all, the coolest thing ever for a bookworm like me
    All Encompassing Trip and 5 against 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much Stargirl69 this was such a thoughtful awesome gift, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    FINALLY!!!!! Redrock, I am so sorry that it took so long but I'm glad the package finally arrived. Holy crap I was getting worried. I sent the package in the middle of freakin November! *grumble, grumble, grumble* Regardless, I'm glad that you, the kitties and the other humans will enjoy everything :D Love the narration and picture show :lol::lol::lol: Happy belated Christmas and a joyous New Year to you and your family.

It's kinda eerie, but this kitty looks so much like my late-beloved Stella. The hubby agrees and that makes us even more happy :D

P1130144.jpg?t=1294415104

P.S. There is another piece of the gift coming . . . eventually . . . I hope :? ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    That's my Rogue! Well... my daughter's. It's her birthday on Tuesday, so I think I will give her another one of the lil' toys!

ooOOoo... more to come! Being spoilt!

I can't believe how long it took, as I did see the postmark and date of posting! Oh well... got here safe and it was lovely. Thanks again xx

Oh... and the book was not the one my daughter read (she read the one 'what I learned from my cat'). So this one is now in her room with her and the January bookmark from the calendar. Daughters :roll:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Thank you so much Helen for organizing all this.

Just to read these posts brings tears to my eyes with all the love and happiness and good cheer that was spread this year.

And we owe it to you and your big heart for taking care of all this.

This is my first year doing SS and I hope I get to do it every year.

Fantastic Job Helen.

Happy New Year to You!

2011....A Year that will be Given to Fly!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Sonja_S wrote:
    Sonja_S wrote:

I'm so glad you took part again! Believe it or not, I ate the last of my heavenly chocolates yesterday. That took a lot of self-control.

I'm glad your job worked out for you. I got a terrific new job this past year too. And I'm very sorry about your dad. I hope this will be a good year for you and your mom.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    redrock wrote:
    That's my Rogue! Well... my daughter's. It's her birthday on Tuesday, so I think I will give her another one of the lil' toys!

ooOOoo... more to come! Being spoilt!

I can't believe how long it took, as I did see the postmark and date of posting! Oh well... got here safe and it was lovely. Thanks again xx

Oh... and the book was not the one my daughter read (she read the one 'what I learned from my cat'). So this one is now in her room with her and the January bookmark from the calendar. Daughters :roll:

Yay, a January baby :mrgreen: I really couldn't believe how long that it took. I mean they said 6-8 weeks, but c'mon, it's Xmas. I was sincerely hoping that it would have arrived in time. I could have sent it priority post but it was $45 :o :shock: :? so I cheaped out. Lesson learned. Next year will be different.

I'm glad that your daughter is also enjoying your presents ;) I loved the playing cards. I had actually bought a pack for myself, but they were so beautiful that I felt the need to share so I bought another pack. I really hope that you play cards in your household.

Tink, your gift sounds awesome as well. Looks like it's Xmas in January for a few of you :mrgreen:

It's been said before and it will be said again . . . Thank You Helen.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    ok all...

i got a hand writen letter from the person i sent my gifts to..

all im going to say is i cried..

kev

Awwwwwwwwwwwww... ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • nothing arrive here yet..i hope at monday.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    nothing arrive here yet..i hope at monday.. :)

Santa would never forget you, D. Because then you might start a thread like...

Why Now You Dont Gifting?

And then we'd all post over and over and over and over and eventually the mods would have to put Santa in a timeout.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I'm so glad you took part again! Believe it or not, I ate the last of my heavenly chocolates yesterday. That took a lot of self-control.

I'm glad your job worked out for you. I got a terrific new job this past year too. And I'm very sorry about your dad. I hope this will be a good year for you and your mom.

Thank you - and Helen! - for your kind words and congrats on the new job! :) My sister and I made our mom (68) a bit more computer savvy and the Christkind (no Santa in our catholic country ;-)) brought her everything from a computer headset to a usb drive in the shape of a pig, so she's now finding online friends and playing 'free farm' :lol:

Wow, those chocolates lasted long, you're good! Whenever I went to Canada for Christmas, I brought alcohol-filled chocolates with me - it's too bad the north American retail laws make you guys lose out on that stuff ;) A friend in Toronto just posted on facebook that there was no hot chocolate stand yet at the place where she's ice skating - we have a bar selling all kinds of heated alcoholic beverages including something called the Black Widow Punch in the middle of the ice :lol:
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • nothing arrive here yet..i hope at monday.. :)

And then we'd all post over and over and over and over and eventually the mods would have to put Santa in a timeout.
    why now u dont shiping?? :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    nothing arrive here yet..i hope at monday.. :)

:lol::lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rafie wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Someone needs to call Fed Ex about this idea for an ad campaign :lol:

fed_ex_hybrid_450.jpg
    Why Now You Don't Shipping TM
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Someone needs to call Fed Ex about this idea for an ad campaign :lol:

fed_ex_hybrid_450.jpg

CastAway.png

:lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Someone needs to call Fed Ex about this idea for an ad campaign :lol:

fed_ex_hybrid_450.jpg

CastAway.png

:lol::lol:
    WILSON!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Someone needs to call Fed Ex about this idea for an ad campaign :lol:

fed_ex_hybrid_450.jpg

CastAway.png

:lol::lol:
    WILSON!!!
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WILSON is my secret santa???
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WILSON is my secret santa???

Maybe Tom Hanks is the delivery man...
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    FedExAirplaneWNYDS-1.jpg

FedExTrailerWNYDS-1.jpg
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:
    FedExAirplaneWNYDS-1.jpg

FedExTrailerWNYDS-1.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    StillHere wrote:
    FedExAirplaneWNYDS-1.jpg

FedExTrailerWNYDS-1.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :wave: :thumbup:
    peace,
    jo

• I love it!!! Too funny!
    One of my SS-gifts is going to be on TV and on the interwebs. I was forced to do an interview :evil: , so I though I'd make the best of it and at least wear my beautiful new brooch to distract from the bumbling mess that is me in front of a camera :oops:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    Sonja_S wrote:
    One of my SS-gifts is going to be on TV and on the interwebs. I was forced to do an interview :evil: , so I though I'd make the best of it and at least wear my beautiful new brooch to distract from the bumbling mess that is me in front of a camera :oops:
    wow, the aritist will love to hear this !!!! post a link when you have one?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14