Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• dottles wrote:
    Wow, awesome to see everyone really enjoying their SS gifts. Some amazingly creative gift ideas. I'm still waiting for the SS gift I sent to arrive at it's destination. It's been almost five weeks since I sent it :shock: :twisted: I hope that arrives before Xmas, but if it doesn't, than I just want to apologise to my SS recipient on behalf of Canada Post and Mother Nature :oops: ;):)
    Mind you, you still have a bit of yours outstanding :oops: :oops:

8-) I'll be watching out for it. Thank you, again! :D

Speak of the devil :lol::lol::lol: Lo and behold, in my mailbox today was the final portion of my amazing gift from my SS dottles. Thank you so much again. I could definitely do with a little bottle of happiness :mrgreen:

a841bb3e.jpg

2ee74057.jpg

d0b3dd06.jpg
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Irish Al wrote:
    I really hope the gift I sent arrives before Xmas, sent it weeks ago :(

Irish Al... rest assured!

I came home from work today in a rotten mood (well, admittedly a little less rotten after a series of cheerful texts and then a too-short phone conversation with Boo Boo... frigging' MBTA tunnels!) to find a long tube waiting for me, with a little tiny return address at one end _ Al... from Ireland... must be Irish Al! (Pretty quick on the uptake, I am.)

The image below does not nearly do it justice...

Picture an absolutely GORGEOUS signed Brad Klausen poster. Gdynia, Poland show from July 1, 2010. It's the most amazing design, a sea monster taking down a sailing ship. (I just read a little bit about Gdynia, it's a Baltic Sea seaport.) Just incredible, the art took my breath away.

I'm going to have it framed and it will be hanging either in the dining room or in the front hall. It's just beautiful.

And with the poster... a PJ badge made up by the European bunch, a PJ sticker, and a bag of the most delicious Irish caramels. Tore them open and ate one before I took the photo below. And, as sweet and truly appreciated, a note from Irish Al himself!

th_DSC_0005-1.jpg

Al, you made my day. You really did.

Thank you so much!!!

(((hug)))
    :D

Woohoo, delighted it arrived before Christmas :D

Happy Christmas
    I need a coffee!
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    There's a package in the mail for me!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Irish Al wrote:
    I really hope the gift I sent arrives before Xmas, sent it weeks ago :(

Irish Al... rest assured!

I came home from work today in a rotten mood (well, admittedly a little less rotten after a series of cheerful texts and then a too-short phone conversation with Boo Boo... frigging' MBTA tunnels!) to find a long tube waiting for me, with a little tiny return address at one end _ Al... from Ireland... must be Irish Al! (Pretty quick on the uptake, I am.)

The image below does not nearly do it justice...

Picture an absolutely GORGEOUS signed Brad Klausen poster. Gdynia, Poland show from July 1, 2010. It's the most amazing design, a sea monster taking down a sailing ship. (I just read a little bit about Gdynia, it's a Baltic Sea seaport.) Just incredible, the art took my breath away.

I'm going to have it framed and it will be hanging either in the dining room or in the front hall. It's just beautiful.

And with the poster... a PJ badge made up by the European bunch, a PJ sticker, and a bag of the most delicious Irish caramels. Tore them open and ate one before I took the photo below. And, as sweet and truly appreciated, a note from Irish Al himself!

th_DSC_0005-1.jpg

Al, you made my day. You really did.

Thank you so much!!!

(((hug)))
    :D

This give me hope that there is still one coming for me.... :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Don't worry Boo Boo there are still a few of us waiting.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

Keeping hope alive!!! :D
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    checking the mail every day.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

Speak of the devil :lol::lol::lol: Lo and behold, in my mailbox today was the final portion of my amazing gift from my SS dottles. Thank you so much again. I could definitely do with a little bottle of happiness :mrgreen:

a841bb3e.jpg

2ee74057.jpg

d0b3dd06.jpg

Hurrah! So pleased it arrived, we had concerns about customs! :lol::D
    I think everyone deserves a dose of happiness :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chime wrote:
    Count me among them! Got home yesterday and found a package on the porch, got all excited, turned out to be a false alarm. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Ah wow, I want a little bottle of happiness :mrgreen: that's so cute! I also want that poster :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • where do i sign up for 2011 :shock: this has been so good reading all the comments the love ..

cant wait to do this again.
    Yeah I know you can't... Hope I get ya again :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Ah wow, I want a little bottle of happiness :mrgreen: that's so cute! I also want that poster :mrgreen:
    They are very cute, and I kind of figured something anyone would like.

(little pimp for my friend who makes the little bottles - http://shop.shottlebop.co.uk/ )
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Still no sign.......
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • tinkerbell wrote:
    Still no sign.......

Keep the hope alive tink..I am waiting too...Who knows maybe our SS are from Antarctica. Stuff takes awhile from there....maybe we should clap our hands and our gifts will show up faster.. :D

Peter Pan ref. there, just in case you didn't get it
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    received a postal note yesterday that requires a signature to accept a package. Am expecting two. One from SS and my last :shock: :mrgreen: Xmas gift from dear old mom.(told her its not been necessary for years now,especially since money is always so tight for her.Have told her and told her, just take care of the grandkids and now the great-granddaughter).

Unable to pick up til friday. wonder which one it is?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Sorry to my sender, have not finished my tree yet! As soon as it's all done I will unwrap with gusto!

I think it will be tonight... :oops:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Just an update:

Pressie (or my order from Lush :evil: ) didn't arrive before I left for my hols, so will only get it after Christmas. But am not worried. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Got my Secret Santa gift today from Emmi! :D:D:D

Thank you so much - I love all of the stuff and the Finland theme! Can't wait to get stuck into the edibles! ;)
    The playing cards are awesome too - ew have people round to play poker every New Year - this year we shall be using the Finland cards!

Thank you again! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    Huh, so I've had this postal card that stated signature required since monday. Made plans to drive to the post office after work to get the package associated with this card. :clap: As it turned out , I'm getting off work 2 1/2 hours AFTER :twisted: my scheduled time to clock out. :problem: :problem: :think: :think: :think: So I changed my plan.
    Wait in line on my lunch hour(in the midst of a challenging day!!!) And wait and wait :x , finally get to the counter. Hand the guy the card and he goes to the back. I can see him poking around , checking boxes , searching for my name and address on the package, then he goes out of eyesight. When he comes back to the counter he's carrying a poster mailing tube!!! All the way from Edmonton,Alberta, Canada!!

I am now the proud owner of this
    5283855153_481f91cfd1_m.jpg
    39_main by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    My very first Pearl Jam Poster!!!!!! 8-)8-):D

Thank You very much Mr. CREE NATIONS!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had to wait another 8 hours before I could open the tube when I got home.
    And instead of waiting for a reply to a PM to Jeremy's spoken on how to best take a poster on the bathroom floor pic :mrgreen: , I went to Klausen's site and stole the image!!!! :o

Included was a bag of Hershey's Kisses Mint Truffle flavored.
    he aslo included a nice card with a few PJ stickers!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Huh, so I've had this postal card that stated signature required since monday. Made plans to drive to the post office after work to get the package associated with this card. :clap: As it turned out , I'm getting off work 2 1/2 hours AFTER :twisted: my scheduled time to clock out. :problem: :problem: :think: :think: :think: So I changed my plan.
    Wait in line on my lunch hour(in the midst of a challenging day!!!) And wait and wait :x , finally get to the counter. Hand the guy the card and he goes to the back. I can see him poking around , checking boxes , searching for my name and address on the package, then he goes out of eyesight. When he comes back to the counter he's carrying a poster mailing tube!!! All the way from Edmonton,Alberta, Canada!!

And instead of waiting for a reply to a PM to Jeremy's spoken on how to best take a poster on the bathroom floor pic :mrgreen: , I went to Klausen's site and stole the image!!!! :o

NICE! A very merry, Mr. Mickeyrat!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • still waiting.....3 days left.
    Boo Boo wrote:
    still waiting.....3 days left.

Patience... maybe something's tied up in customs?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • one could only hope...
    Boo Boo wrote:
    one could only hope...

Of course, there's always the possibility that you're on Santa's Less-Than-Desireable List.

Poor Boo Boo...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3xWUcgOTYzHhIlEthHjymgHECqEJWbNmlVnV8y9YhhnUCcVhk
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    one could only hope...

Of course, there's always the possibility that you're on Santa's Less-Than-Desireable List.

Poor Boo Boo...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3xWUcgOTYzHhIlEthHjymgHECqEJWbNmlVnV8y9YhhnUCcVhk
    :lol::clap::lol:

touche`
  • mickeyrat wrote:

:o:o the only poster from the ones i love and dont have....congrats !!!!great gift!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I'm still waiting, but that's ok.. I'm just happy that I had enough money to do this, this year.I've wanted to do this for a few years now. So it's made my year just to get to participate, and I'll be happy with my gift whenever it decides to get here. I'm beginning to think it may have taken a pit stop somewhere...lol :-) I love to see all the gifts.. and when mine gets here, I promise, to learn to upload the photos to show you all..;-)
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I think with customs getting more and more paranoid every year and the bad weather in parts of the world, a lot of Santas will be delayed this year. I haven't received anything yet and the gift I sent out has not been delivered either, so I have more time to hope my SS likes their gift and to look forward to getting mail smiley60.gif
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited December 2010
    Just to let me SS sender know that I head off today until after the New Year ... so won't be here to receive the package.

The postman still hasn't been today so there is still one last chance for me to receive it before x-mas :mrgreen: :P
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?