Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Thank you SS!
    Opened my gifts last night. A cool peace bracelet (pretty pretty!) and a wall hanging for my apartment! :)
    Along with my taffy, chocolate and post cards I thank Shortgirl00 for going along with my hints and giving gifts from her hometown. Just so you know, I'm a Devils fan too, so it was fate!
    As always a pleasure to participate in Pearl Jam Secret Santa....can't wait till next year!

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Thank you SS!
    Opened my gifts last night. A cool peace bracelet (pretty pretty!) and a wall hanging for my apartment! :)
    Along with my taffy, chocolate and post cards I thank Shortgirl00 for going along with my hints and giving gifts from her hometown. Just so you know, I'm a Devils fan too, so it was fate!
    As always a pleasure to participate in Pearl Jam Secret Santa....can't wait till next year!

Merry Christmas to all!!
    NJ Devils?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Thank you so much Rafie for the wonderful presents! :D

I will be sure to enjoy those beers and snacks from Isreal over the holiday weekend while listening to the PJ CD and Isreali music, which is quite good just wish I could understand the words :lol:

Happy Holidays Rafie!
    Wish you the best for 2011 :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Jukee wrote:
    Thank you so much Rafie for the wonderful presents! :D

I will be sure to enjoy those beers and snacks from Isreal over the holiday weekend while listening to the PJ CD and Isreali music, which is quite good just wish I could understand the words :lol:

Happy Holidays Rafie!
    Wish you the best for 2011 :D
    So glad it finally arrived! And in time for the holidays too!! It was stuck in customs for nearly 2 weeks after it arrived in Canada. Hope they kept the wrapping paper in tact...

Enjoy the snacks :mrgreen:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • December 23....
    mailbox-black-widow-spider.jpg
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Boo Boo wrote:
    December 23....

angrystnick.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I still have no idea who sent me my SS gift. If anyone knows can you let me know? Thanks all!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Sonja_S wrote:
    I think with customs getting more and more paranoid every year and the bad weather in parts of the world, a lot of Santas will be delayed this year. I haven't received anything yet and the gift I sent out has not been delivered either, so I have more time to hope my SS likes their gift and to look forward to getting mail smiley60.gif
    Sonja, my gift arrived today! What a wonderful surprise!

Here's what I saw when I opened the box:

DSC06904.jpg

A beautiful tin tied with ribbon.
    When I opened it, there were all kinds of wonderful things:

DSC06906.jpg

A nifty tote bag from Vienna
    Chocolates that are DIVINE. They are so good I don't even have the words to describe them.
    A beautiful frosted glass Christmas ornament. I apologize for this pic, my photography skills are not the best:

DSC06912.jpg

I love everything about my pressies, even the tin! Sonja, you had no way of knowing that I have a collection of Christmas tins. The tote bag will be great for my job. My co-workers will think I've been to Vienna! :lol:8-) The chocolates are SO good. I'm going to have to ration them so that I can enjoy them for as long as possible. Yum!

Sonja, vielen Dank und frohe Weihnachten!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • I got a lovely grey package from Feilding NZ today!!! AND I was having such a crazy day, such a horrible "leave me alone day" I hate having to go to work on days like that..But when I finally survived the 30 minute commute home, through what looks to be turning into an ice storm, I see it sticking out, ever so slightly,from my ice-glittered mailbox..And suddenly, my frown was crushed, as I ran out of my van to see if it was "IT". So happy it got here, and RIGHT on time..LMAO Sometimes, being one month, one day late, is just perfect timing! I love that it was mailed ( I'm assuming; according to the sticker from NZ post ) on Nov.22, and just got here to me today!!Your postal service must be worse than ours!! Any how It's here Wendy, there's no username on it, so..you know which Wendy you are.LOL NOW, hopefully I don't get stranded at the hotel over-night tomorrow night, so I can be home to open it Christmas morning!! And again I will learn to upload pics..OK, now off the the Doggie Thread with me!!
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Sonja, my gift arrived today! What a wonderful surprise!

Here's what I saw when I opened the box:

DSC06904.jpg

A beautiful tin tied with ribbon.
    When I opened it, there were all kinds of wonderful things:

DSC06906.jpg

A nifty tote bag from Vienna
    Chocolates that are DIVINE. They are so good I don't even have the words to describe them.
    A beautiful frosted glass Christmas ornament. I apologize for this pic, my photography skills are not the best:

DSC06912.jpg

I love everything about my pressies, even the tin! Sonja, you had no way of knowing that I have a collection of Christmas tins. The tote bag will be great for my job. My co-workers will think I've been to Vienna! :lol:8-) The chocolates are SO good. I'm going to have to ration them so that I can enjoy them for as long as possible. Yum!

Sonja, vielen Dank und frohe Weihnachten!

Yay, it reached you before Christmas - the nativity ornament wouldn't have been of much use later ;) I'm really glad you like it, hope you have great holidays and enjoy the chocolates! Frohe Weihnachten! smiley61.gif
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    December 23....

angrystnick.jpg

Yet again today...the mail has come and gone, as has FedEx. :( ;)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone! This was a blast and I can wait to do it again
    next year!

Take care everyone.
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    December 23....

angrystnick.jpg

Yet again today...the mail has come and gone, as has FedEx. :( ;)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone! This was a blast and I can wait to do it again
    next year!

Take care everyone.

Not to fret, Boo Boo. Remember some folks knew they have things stuck in customs, and at least one person I think posted they knew theirs was going to be late because they are waiting for something to be shipped.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • lets hope
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Mine hasn't arrived yet but hey... it will be Christmas all over when it does arrive! :mrgreen:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    My secret Santa must be coming from 10club....maybe i'll get something by april?
  • So, I was just rooting around under the tree to find some gifts that I'm giving out today and to my surprise, there is a package under there for me, from whom I believe might be my PJ Secret Santa. I asked my husband and he said it arrived about 2 weeks ago. He knew I wouldn't be able to keep myself from opening it but also knows how much I love opening gifts on Christmas day, so he hid it under there. So, I figure I can wait one more day. To whomever sent it, thanks. I'll post an update tomorrow! :)
  • I'LL, POST MORE LATER...LATE FOR CHURCH BUT....
    I GOT IT !!! I GOT IT!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
    THANKS RIDING THE WAVE!!!! JUST IN TIME TOO!!!
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    I'LL, POST MORE LATER...LATE FOR CHURCH BUT....
    I GOT IT !!! I GOT IT!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
    THANKS RIDING THE WAVE!!!! JUST IN TIME TOO!!!

YAH!! So happy it got there in time!!!

Merry Christmas! I sent you a PM as well so you might already know this....but I forgot to put one part of your present in the tube. I saw it this morning and actually hit myself in the forehead. So, when the post office opens back up, it'll be on it's way. So sorry.
  • OK,
    After, again, bugging unlostdogs and several posts here expressing my dismay of not receiving a SS gift, I really thought I wasn't getting anything. The expression of gratitude that Black Diamond showed after receiving my gift was plenty for me. We went out to lunch and do some last minute shopping. When we got back home hustling and bustling my son said "Dad there's a tube on the porch...I think its yours" Truly, like a child at his first Christmas My eyes got wide, WHAT?? WHERE?? REALLY?? LET ME SEE!!!! YEAH!!!

I got it and on Christmas Eve no less!! And I feel I should apologize to RTW for having little faith. I am sorry. I thank you so very much for everything.

My first Ames Bros Poster from the 2006 Toronto show, The set of PEARL JAM Magnets and pins, which are already on my guitar gig bag :D , The bottle of Maple Syrup and Maple syrup spread, quilted coasters and I think beer cozies, and, AND, A BOTTLE OF Tankhouse Ale from the Mill Street Brewery!!
    THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!

Once I figure out how to post pics on to a thread here I will post them But, RTW/JODY Thank you so much, Thank you for making my day and my Christmas so much Brighter!!
    Oh I an so saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
  • Oh I an so saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
    :oops: :roll:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Boo Boo wrote:
    OK,
    After, again, bugging unlostdogs and several posts here expressing my dismay of not receiving a SS gift, I really thought I wasn't getting anything.

Tut, tut.. :twisted:

Happy holidays to everyone! :wave: :)

strummers wrote:
    Got my Secret Santa gift today from Emmi! :D:D:D

Thank you so much - I love all of the stuff and the Finland theme! Can't wait to get stuck into the edibles! ;)
    The playing cards are awesome too - ew have people round to play poker every New Year - this year we shall be using the Finland cards!

Thank you again! :D

Yay! :mrgreen: I'm very glad you like them, I have to admit I was rather pleased when I was poking around a shop and found the cards. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    Oh I an so saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
    :oops: :roll:

Oh and I forgot the shot glass...which I'll be using this evening
  • I just found out about this, i'll be joining yall next year. Hope everything goes good!
    Paul D.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Can't wait to open mine tomorrow! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Ok, so tomorrow is the day!!! I can't wait to see what my little grey package holds, but more than anything, I really can't wait to see how Dirtymike likes the gifts I got him. will type to you all tomorrow, after work.
  • Werll, I'm quite dismayed to find out that my recipient hasn't yet recieved their gift :(
    I mailed it mid-November :x Regardless, I hope that they, and everyone else has an amazing Christmas.

Thank you to everyone who participated. It's been a joy watching the anticipation and sharing in the joy with Pearl Jam friends from around the world. And a special thank you to Helen for taking the time to organise everything again this year.

MERRY

CHRISTMAS

EVERYONE!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you to my secret santa, who is still secret, but I know is from Ontario, Canada!
    I know you didn't have much to go on, so well done :mrgreen:

My pressie was 'made in Canada' themed -
    Christmas2010003.jpg

Christmas2010002.jpg

Christmas2010001.jpg

Leanne
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Merry Christmas all! This has been so much fun...

Thank you Helen!