Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Clever vduboise! :mrgreen:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    edited December 2010
    Just wanted to say, before I forget, if my SS pressie doesn't arrive by this Friday, I will only have a chance to go get it after Christmas (possibly after New Year even). This isn't an ultimatum or an attempt to make anyone feel guilty. :lol: Just saying, in case there's wondering over where my pressie is.

EDIT: So yeah, just basically saying that after Fri/Sat, I won't know if it's arrived. :lol:
    Post edited by eMMI on
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Oh no!! Mine still hasn't arrived with it's recipient.

Getting v. worried!
  • Claireack wrote:
    Oh no!! Mine still hasn't arrived with it's recipient.

Getting v. worried!

Don't worry--sometimes it takes a while to get where it needs to go, especially if it has to cross borders. :)

I haven't received mine yet, but I'm not worried. :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Redrock,
    the second part has arrived!
    bookc-1.jpg
    I love cookbooks and I can't wait to make something from it!
    Like this: Yum
    Book1.jpg

Thank you again for your great presents! :D:D
    Happy they arrived safely! I love cookbooks too and I love baking... :mrgreen: Lots of lovely traditional British goodies for you to try out (once you've put some effort into baking them!). :mrgreen:
  • Still hoping for the best that my SS didn't forget....anyone have a hint for me? LOL
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Patience everyone! Post can get stupid over this time of the year and take forever... and people are up to their ears in it and don't always get a chance to post!

Anyway, I was having a shite day but, after watching it's a wonderful life and reading this thread, I'm nearly fully cheered up now

So sorry Tommy :oops: that's really dreadful but I hope this person has found some peace now! :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Still hoping for the best that my SS didn't forget....anyone have a hint for me? LOL

Maybe it's taking them a long time to knit you that PJ bikini that you wanted?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Mine just arrived !! 4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_11.gif

Thank You!!

42678.gifJB & I will have a SS party tomorrow evening and post some pics b33aa175.gif CHEERS!!!
  • Claireack wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Still hoping for the best that my SS didn't forget....anyone have a hint for me? LOL

Maybe it's taking them a long time to knit you that PJ bikini that you wanted?

Ahhhhhhh.....that's it...what was I thinking? How silly of me...but it wasn't a PJ bikini I wanted, it was a PJ Jock Strap. :shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I'm off on holiday today until 10 January so won't be able to check in here much. I hope my SS person gets their pressie soon! Still keeping an eye on my mail box ....

I hope everyone here has a wonderful, safe and happy holiday season.

Peace love and happiness to you all and all of your loved ones.
    Wendy :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I'm off on holiday today until 10 January so won't be able to check in here much. I hope my SS person gets their pressie soon! Still keeping an eye on my mail box ....

I hope everyone here has a wonderful, safe and happy holiday season.

Peace love and happiness to you all and all of your loved ones.
    Wendy :)

and to you and yours :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Enkidu wrote:
    Since I live adjacent to Boston, I'm sending my person a parking ticket, a Dunkin Donuts napkin and a can of baked beans.

It's the thought that counts.

Oh, I hope it's me. Please?

Did this make you laugh when you saw that, Unlost? When I opened the lunchbox today and saw the Dunkin' Donuts straw and napkin I burst out laughing. Although I'm still looking for the moose poop and roadkill. Maybe that's coming in a separate box?

Thank you so much, I'm overwhelmed at all the goodies. The Sock Monkey lunchbox is awesome, my daughter's gonna try to steal it, but let her find her own Sock Monkey lunchbox. The harmonica (if I practice I can sound like Eddie), the Pez, jam, postcards, CD, chocolate CD, pen, what am I missing? Kazoo, dog biscuits for Brian (he says thanks). Maybe my favorite - the stickers.

I almost started a thread about knee injuries - I fell last week running to get on my treadmill (yes, truly pathetic) and managed to crack my kneecap. So I'm in a knee brace and on crutches for 6 weeks. Ho ho ho, can you guess what an un-holiday mood I'm in? I said last night to my daughter, "If only I had some PJ stickers to put on my brace and crutches." And today I do.

Thank you again, Unlost. You've made me smile for the first time in days.

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg
    AWESOME-AWESOME-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Enkidu wrote:

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg
    AWESOME-AWESOME-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love that Sticker!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Great job unlost- I like the stickers and the lucnbox. Sock monkey is the best.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I love this thread! Maybe I'll open my gifts Sunday night after I finally finish my tree. I don't think I want to wait anymore!

Hope my recipient is happy! :P
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Enkidu wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:
    Since I live adjacent to Boston, I'm sending my person a parking ticket, a Dunkin Donuts napkin and a can of baked beans.

Did this make you laugh when you saw that, Unlost? When I opened the lunchbox today and saw the Dunkin' Donuts straw and napkin I burst out laughing. Although I'm still looking for the moose poop and roadkill. Maybe that's coming in a separate box?

Thank you so much, I'm overwhelmed at all the goodies. The Sock Monkey lunchbox is awesome, my daughter's gonna try to steal it, but let her find her own Sock Monkey lunchbox. The harmonica (if I practice I can sound like Eddie), the Pez, jam, postcards, CD, chocolate CD, pen, what am I missing? Kazoo, dog biscuits for Brian (he says thanks). Maybe my favorite - the stickers.

I almost started a thread about knee injuries - I fell last week running to get on my treadmill (yes, truly pathetic) and managed to crack my kneecap. So I'm in a knee brace and on crutches for 6 weeks. Ho ho ho, can you guess what an un-holiday mood I'm in? I said last night to my daughter, "If only I had some PJ stickers to put on my brace and crutches." And today I do.

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg
    Wow!!! What an awesome gift!!!

And timely :)

UD I could use that napkin, just spilled my coffee :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dimitris happy!!!!receive my beautiful gift!!!!!!and i have to say i love it...ok,ill post fotos later,,and i have to forget the diet i suppose to start from monday...cos i have to eat all that was in the package!!!!and was alot!!! :lol::lol:

Rita..thank you thank you thank you...was so beautiful the package and what exactly i want..to be in the spirit of Christmas..ill eat all (even i cant spell them all.. :lol: )and after i ll drink the whiskey......

thank you thank you thank you

p.s. the packagre arrive last week but i was out of town ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    'twas just a lil' Christmas cheer, Dimi! Not Secret Santa :oops: Someone else has you!
  • redrock wrote:
    'twas just a lil' Christmas cheer, Dimi! Not Secret Santa :oops: Someone else has you!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    then im waiting for more!!!!!!!!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    then im waiting for more!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be spoilt... But Dimi... why would you want to start a diet just before Christmas? **she says stuffing her face with a homemade mince pie topped with a dollop of extra thick brandy cream**
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Enkidu wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg

You're welcome, Enkidu! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your kneecap. Crutches for Christmas does not sound like a lot of fun. (But I admit I'm somewhat gratified to know that I'm not the only one who's had a treadmill mishap. Yours sounds quite painful though _ mine was just that the motor shorted out and caught on fire when I was running on it. Really embarrassing.)

And yes, when you posted "I hope it's me" I cracked up! I'll have you know I worked hard to get a Boston parking ticket. The closest I could get was one from my hometown, but it wasn't the same so I declined the offer. This flies in the face of my theory that in this city, parking tickets rain down from the heavens in great abundance.

When I went back and looked at your previous posts I came across your Bad Teletubbies photo and thought, "Now there's a family that would enjoy a kazooo." And that dog would appreciate milk bones. The little bag they were in was made by a friend of mine from the agility circuit. You can tell Brian that his treat bag was made by the owner of four of the top ten ranked CPE agility dogs in North America.

I also wanted to get you a Dunkin Donuts gift card with PJ as the photo, like the one I have. But then I checked and didn't see any in your part of the west coast.

I did ask for moose poop candy in a store in Maine and they looked at me like I was, well, crazy.

And I have a can of baked beans, but I the lunchbox was packed too tight and regretfully I had to take it out.

And yes Thrilla _ that's me. Not the beefy topless one in the back _ that's Mr. Unlost. I'm the yummy thing in the middle.

Enjoy decorating yourself and your crutches with the PJ stickers, Enkidu! And a very Merry Christmas to you. Ho(bble) ho(bble) ho(bble) to you!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

Sorry to hear about your kneecap. Crutches for Christmas does not sound like a lot of fun. (But I admit I'm somewhat gratified to know that I'm not the only one who's had a treadmill mishap. Yours sounds quite painful though _ mine was just that the motor shorted out and caught on fire when I was running on it. Really embarrassing.)

And yes, when you posted "I hope it's me" I cracked up! I'll have you know I worked hard to get a Boston parking ticket. The closest I could get was one from my hometown, but it wasn't the same so I declined the offer. This flies in the face of my theory that in this city, parking tickets rain down from the heavens in great abundance.

When I went back and looked at your previous posts I came across your Bad Teletubbies photo and thought, "Now there's a family that would enjoy a kazooo." And that dog would appreciate milk bones. The little bag they were in was made by a friend of mine from the agility circuit. You can tell Brian that his treat bag was made by the owner of four of the top ten ranked CPE agility dogs in North America.

I also wanted to get you a Dunkin Donuts gift card with PJ as the photo, like the one I have. But then I checked and didn't see any in your part of the west coast.

I did ask for moose poop candy in a store in Maine and they looked at me like I was, well, crazy.

And I have a can of baked beans, but I the lunchbox was packed too tight and regretfully I had to take it out.

And yes Thrilla _ that's me. Not the beefy topless one in the back _ that's Mr. Unlost. I'm the yummy thing in the middle.

Enjoy decorating yourself and your crutches with the PJ stickers, Enkidu! And a very Merry Christmas to you. Ho(bble) ho(bble) ho(bble) to you!

I'm still overwhelmed. And I have to add - my daughter walked in the house, saw the pile of stuff, grabbed the lunchbox and said, "Wow, can I have this?"

I told her we can share.

And I loved the story about the bag with the milkbones.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Enkidu wrote:

I'm still overwhelmed. And I have to add - my daughter walked in the house, saw the pile of stuff, grabbed the lunchbox and said, "Wow, can I have this?"

I told her we can share.

And I loved the story about the bag with the milkbones.

This really is the best part of the holidays... :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Enkidu wrote:
    I told her we can share.
    What is yours is hers and what is hers is hers? I've got a daughter too..... :roll:
  • pandora wrote:
    Mine just arrived !! 4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_11.gif

Thank You!!

42678.gifJB & I will have a SS party tomorrow evening and post some pics b33aa175.gif CHEERS!!!

Have fun :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Enkidu wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

photo_1-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg

Very nice!!!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin