Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Nice job Boo Boo!

:thumbup:

thanks...and it should be said that You gave me the initial idea... ;)

I thought Sotland invented gift giving?
  • redrock wrote:
    I'm starting to worry.... It's been two weeks since I sent my SS present and it hasn't been received yet..... :?

Same here...posted mine two weeks ago and still nothing.

I haven't even seen my receiver post a message on here since they added their name to the list so I don't know what to think :shock:

Couldn't find much to go on either so here's hopin they receive it and like it! :?
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Everyone worrying about their pressies not being delivered/received yet, and such - may I remind you that I got my last SS pressie only in February. :lol: I'm definitely not complaining, just saying that there's no need to lose sleep over this yet. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    Nice job Boo Boo!

:thumbup:

thanks...and it should be said that You gave me the initial idea... ;)

I thought Sotland invented gift giving?

:roll:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • eMMI wrote:
    Everyone worrying about their pressies not being delivered/received yet, and such - may I remind you that I got my last SS pressie only in February. :lol: I'm definitely not complaining, just saying that there's no need to lose sleep over this yet. :mrgreen:

Although I am guilty of the same thing...wondering, posting etc...even if you end up not getting anything,
    its better to give than....well you know the rest... :D
  • eMMI wrote:
    Did your SS work for the Ten Club!?!? lmao sorry couldn't resist!
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    eMMI wrote:

smiley24.gif
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    eMMI wrote:

I'm STILL waiting for the Ten Club order for my SS pal - but I went ahead and mailed the package anyway with a photo of the missing gift. He/she will understand for sure. I hope.

(And eMMi, I still treasure your presents from last year - and that chocolate was so yummy.)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    My gift is wrapped, placed in a box, and will be mailed by Mr. Unlost first thing in the morning.

Oh, and just so you all know, in 7-10 days (10-14 days for international) I'll be changing my user name, avatar and location just in case it isn't well-received.

I'm not worried. I mean, who wouldn't love a package of tampons and a seventeen Tic Tacs? And most of the Tic Tacs are unused. And all are _ wait for it _ in mint condition.

Mwhahahahahahahahahah.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Finally in the post. Sorry for the wait but there was an issue that delayed me!
    My gift should get there by this weekend for sure!

Also thanks to my SS, still didn't unwrap gifts but I broke into the chocolate last night. Yummy!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    My gift is wrapped, placed in a box, and will be mailed by Mr. Unlost first thing in the morning.

Oh, and just so you all know, in 7-10 days (10-14 days for international) I'll be changing my user name, avatar and location just in case it isn't well-received.

I'm not worried. I mean, who wouldn't love a package of tampons and a seventeen Tic Tacs? And most of the Tic Tacs are unused. And all are _ wait for it _ in mint condition.

Mwhahahahahahahahahah.
    :lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • This really was fun...had a great time! :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Mwhahahahahahahahahah.

How many is 'most'? Just one more than half (which would make it a crap gift)? Or are only one or two 'pre-sucked'? Because if so, then that would be a grand gift! :mrgreen:
  • Man, miss a few days around here and there's all kinds of news!

I think Boo Boo has raised the bar for next year's SS. :thumbup:

I got all excited yesterday when I received a package with 6 CDs, thinking it must be from my SS. But it was from one of my Wholigan friends, sending me his selections of offbeat Christmas music. So I was disappointed in a way but still enjoyed being gifted.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • If you're waiting til Christmas to open your pressie, can you please acknowledge here when you've received your gift? I know some people don't follow the thread and there's nothing I can do about that but it would make things a bit easier.

Thanks!

BTW, I'm enjoying following as usual... you people are like kids :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • If you're waiting til Christmas to open your pressie, can you please acknowledge here when you've received your gift? I know some people don't follow the thread and there's nothing I can do about that but it would make things a bit easier.

Thanks!

BTW, I'm enjoying following as usual... you people are like kids :mrgreen:
    Mine got to my person, I'm still waiting with baited breath, for mine to arrive. :D
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Woo hoo- there was a ringing at my door- and a package on the steps- all the way from England!

Thank you SO much Redrock! I love my gifts.
    The mom mood monitor would be great for warning the hub- love it.
    And the band-aids for when I cut my self at work- not often, but it will be in my kit. Or when Gwen gets into some scrapes. I love the calendar and the kitty toy for Butterscotch (kitty baby). Anything with feathers and fluff is his favorite. The chocolates will not last the next couple days, if I hide them :oops:
    The last one I will open on Christmas Day.

Thank you so much and happy Holidays!
    photo3-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    photo2-1.jpg
    photo1-1.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    secretsanta001.jpg

I'm finally posting a pic of my awesome SS gifts. When I emailed Helen my info, I included a quick note- "I'm an aries, I enjoy long walks on the beach, sunsets, snow peas and I'm really good at stapling".

Matt, aka MFC2006, nailed it! I had had a horrible week after losing someone very close to me. I arrived home to my apartment to 5 packages and at first, upon opening the stapler, I was like what the fuck? After opening another I put it all together and i laughed so hard I cried. Matt had seen another thread where I mentioned I wanted a Backspacer bouncy ball. The boot is from Tokyo, and he didn't even know that I am currently obsessed with those Japan shows. The sticker is great because i love cars and the snow peas and the stapler just make me laugh so frickin hard. I have the gifts displayed just like this for now. When I get sad about Geoff, the dear friend I lost, I like to look at the pile of gifts and I just laugh. Geoff would have loved it all.

Thanks again Matt for such great gifts made all the more meaningful because they always make me laugh when I need it.

Happy holidays to everyone!! Secret Santa is pretty fuckin awesome.

-Sara
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    V cool pressies everyone!
    The box from my SS is now under my tree to be opened at Christmas :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Curiosity won, and I opened the last one. :D:D:D

Glad I did. I've never had mincemeat pies. Going to try one after dinner. Yummmm

photo-2-1.jpg

And yes, Secret Santa is awesome!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Nothing says x-mas like mince pies :mrgreen:

As a kid I didn't like them ... but nowadays I eat loads through the holiday season :mrgreen:

They're nice warm with brandy cream ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    coachchris wrote:

I haven't even seen my receiver post a message on here since they added their name to the list so I don't know what to think :shock:

Couldn't find much to go on either so here's hopin they receive it and like it! :?

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap:

All I can say is well done my friend ;) The gift arrived yesterday but I only got to pick it up today and as always and I cant even hold me piss nevermind leave a pressie til xmas :lol:

I know I havent been round much so that probably made your task a bit harder chris but you did very well. I was delighted to find some canadian whisky and ice wine (is it like desert wine??) and two fine whisky glasses 8-)

Then I opened up a cd of canadian tunes which will be popped in the car tomorrow and a dvd about wine....but not any dvd...oh no...ONLY FUCK MANYARD JAMES KEENAN'S FUCKIN DVD...Chris I have never told you this but after PJ, Tool are my band of choice and I have been meaning to get this dvd but never got round to you...you feckin legend :D

I'll post pics later but a huge shout out to CoachChris....you are a prince among scumbags (yeah I mean the rest of ya!!) :thumbup: :wave:
    I need a coffee!
  • I'm not much of a poster, But I received my pressie a few days ago. Sorry for not posting about it and bringing down the mood but a very close relative has committed suicide and I was extremely busy with the family etc So my free time has been minimum. I have send out my present to my SS a few days over the limit. So sorry if it's late. It should be there pretty soon!
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • I'm not much of a poster, But I received my pressie a few days ago. Sorry for not posting about it and bringing down the mood but a very close relative has committed suicide and I was extremely busy with the family etc So my free time has been minimum. I have send out my present to my SS a few days over the limit. So sorry if it's late. It should be there pretty soon!
    I am so sorry to hear of your pain and loss... I hope opening your present and knowing someone is opening yours gives you a little bit of joy in the obviously tough time.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I'm not much of a poster, But I received my pressie a few days ago. Sorry for not posting about it and bringing down the mood but a very close relative has committed suicide and I was extremely busy with the family etc So my free time has been minimum. I have send out my present to my SS a few days over the limit. So sorry if it's late. It should be there pretty soon!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I got your PM, glad the gifts could bring you some happiness during this time.My thoughts to you and your family.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10

I'm sorry for your loss. We had the same thing happen back in September.

(((hugs))) and {{{good vibes}}}
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Irish Al wrote:
    coachchris wrote:

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap:

All I can say is well done my friend ;) The gift arrived yesterday but I only got to pick it up today and as always and I cant even hold me piss nevermind leave a pressie til xmas :lol:

I know I havent been round much so that probably made your task a bit harder chris but you did very well. I was delighted to find some canadian whisky and ice wine (is it like desert wine??) and two fine whisky glasses 8-)

Then I opened up a cd of canadian tunes which will be popped in the car tomorrow and a dvd about wine....but not any dvd...oh no...ONLY FUCK MANYARD JAMES KEENAN'S FUCKIN DVD...Chris I have never told you this but after PJ, Tool are my band of choice and I have been meaning to get this dvd but never got round to you...you feckin legend :D

I'll post pics later but a huge shout out to CoachChris....you are a prince among scumbags (yeah I mean the rest of ya!!) :thumbup: :wave:

Pheuff! I wasn't so sure customs was going to let that liquid roll on through that easy :roll: I'm glad you like all your gifts and yes....icewine is like a desert wine only Canada is famous for our icewines ;) Enjoy the music and dvd!

On a sad note, it's always during the hollidays isn't it? :( Sorry for your loss Tommy Guitar, take care of you and yours!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mmmm brandy cream....... especially the extra thick one! :mrgreen: My mother in law makes the best ever mince pies - her pastry is sooooooooo short and the filling is gorgeous. They wouldn't have survived shipping to the US and would have arrived stale - or else I would have sent her homemade ones!

vduboise - the mince pies weren't the last one.... Had to split the prezzie because of weight. :)
    Edit: thinking about it... how do you know the package was from me (I don't think I put my pit name - or did I :? )? So much for the 'secret' :roll: :lol:

@Al.... there are things that can be done for someone who 'can't hold it'. ;)
    redrock wrote:
    mmmm brandy cream....... especially the extra thick one! :mrgreen: My mother in law makes the best ever mince pies - her pastry is sooooooooo short and the filling is gorgeous. They wouldn't have survived shipping to the US and would have arrived stale - or else I would have sent her homemade ones!

vduboise - the mince pies weren't the last one.... Had to split the prezzie because of weight. :)
    Edit: thinking about it... how do you know the package was from me (I don't think I put my pit name - or did I :? )? So much for the 'secret' :roll: :lol:

@Al.... there are things that can be done for someone who 'can't hold it'. ;)

hahaha - no you did not put your pit name, but there was only 4 possible people it could be and then I did some looking- and deduced that it was you. :D looking forward to the rest of my pressie.

@tommy Guitar- so sorry for your loss.