Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Boo Boo you're a star :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    PJPixie wrote:
    Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

That was true until about 6:58 PM today. The gift got to my place last night and I got home very late and did not open it.I knew it was from Uxbridge MA, and I knew immediately who it was from.

So I wrote that I got it and was excited but did not know that the SS was worried whether I would like it.I spent most of the day leading up to opening my SS gift, texting Boo Boo, who was so worried I would not like what I got. I told him I would never be dissapointed with anything. What I did not know was that Boo Boo along with his father and son made me the gift.

If you read some of my posts, you would certainly know I am jewish and an avid fan of the band.

Boo Boo made me a Pearl Jam dreidel that was encased in a beautiful box with both an Eddie picture and my favorite artist Paul Klee painting inside.

No one has EVER made me anything. I am so touched and humbled by the effort someone made for me that I am speechless. I can not imagine the thought, planning and work that went into it.

I just got off the phone with him, and I could not express how amazing it made me feel. I could hear in his voice relief, which I can not understand. How could he think that I would not be touched to the soul by what he did. Who would want anything that money can by when I obviously got something that money can't buy.

It has been put in my office right and I will look at it and smile and smile and smile...

I will post pictures tomorrow so you can all see what someone like Boo Boo will do for you.

I will always remember the feeling of what it felt like to unwrap it.

Thank you Theo my friend.

Adam

This brought a tear to my eyes!! Wow, I love this gift exchange!!
    What a great story and it made me smile- and maybe a tear or two. :D
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

That was true until about 6:58 PM today. The gift got to my place last night and I got home very late and did not open it.I knew it was from Uxbridge MA, and I knew immediately who it was from.

So I wrote that I got it and was excited but did not know that the SS was worried whether I would like it.I spent most of the day leading up to opening my SS gift, texting Boo Boo, who was so worried I would not like what I got. I told him I would never be dissapointed with anything. What I did not know was that Boo Boo along with his father and son made me the gift.

If you read some of my posts, you would certainly know I am jewish and an avid fan of the band.

Boo Boo made me a Pearl Jam dreidel that was encased in a beautiful box with both an Eddie picture and my favorite artist Paul Klee painting inside.

No one has EVER made me anything. I am so touched and humbled by the effort someone made for me that I am speechless. I can not imagine the thought, planning and work that went into it.

I just got off the phone with him, and I could not express how amazing it made me feel. I could hear in his voice relief, which I can not understand. How could he think that I would not be touched to the soul by what he did. Who would want anything that money can by when I obviously got something that money can't buy.

It has been put in my office right and I will look at it and smile and smile and smile...

I will post pictures tomorrow so you can all see what someone like Boo Boo will do for you.

Adam

ahhh you've made me cry

that is so beautiful
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    waiting on the last piece of the puzzle to get done. then tomorrow , wrap everything and get it mailed on Monday. I know it'll be a week after the suggested ship date. I hope it gets there close to Xmas. Or not tool ong after!! Sorry SS person!!!

Meanwhile , my mailman has been getting dirty looks when all he shows up with are envelopes!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I forgot to say - the photo of the spinning dreidel is my favorite.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Sent my gifts out a couple days ago to Canada...I hope they get there soon
  • Wow, what a great initiative ... sorry I missed it when this was first announced. I'll keep an eye out next year ... ;)
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Enkidu wrote:
    I forgot to say - the photo of the spinning dreidel is my favorite.

it really is a cool picture :-)

to my SS recipient--I'm sorry I didn't make you something as awesome :?
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

Adam

Oh you big stinkers, you made me cry.

Me too, I saw the post first over on the porch and I saw it was a dreidel, the gift is so thoughtful and touching...just wow! Great job to the three boo boos
  • WOW...thank you for all your kind words. I honestly didn't think while making this that BD was going to love it this much. Again, I enjoyed making it and I am so SO happy that everyone especially BD thinks it is so wonderful.

BD, i said it to you before...Your post made shine WAY to bright.

but thank you all and thank you BD. :D:D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Wow, what great gifts this year!
    I hope my recipient has some patience, I was supposed to get my delivery on Friday and it's now Sunday and it still has not come.....It will get there in plenty of time tho! I
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Mine too
    I have to pick up the last of the pressie this afternoon

And then its going to be shipping out whenever FedEx picks it up, hopefully no later than Monday or Tuesday.

Getting down to the wire, so our recipients can probably start figuring out who they are.

Sorry for the delay but I really wanted to do something that my person will enjoy..and so I had to wait.

Hope they'll think it was worth the wait :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • and once again...this is my favorite thread...so much love.... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    its good to know i'm not the only one late in sending things out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    OK!
    Here's what you have been waiting for

The whole family is in awe!! My wife says it is the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten, including what she has given me :lol:
    It really is a once in a lifetime feeling and thing...

True spirit of the holidays Boo Boo...
    What everyone has said here is true...

Thanks to you Boo Boo, Boo Boo Sr and Boo Boo Jr :D

The Box
    DSC_0462-1.jpg
    Inside
    DSC_0463-2.jpg
    The 4 Sides
    DSC_0464.jpg
    DSC_0468.jpg
    DSC_0466.jpg
    DSC_0465.jpg

Spin, Spin, Spin The PJ Dreidel :mrgreen:
    DSC_0471.jpg
    The Loganator Approves
    DSC_0001.jpg
    That is very cool, talented and creative Boo Boo! :D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140

YES!!!! *does happy dance*

I have to admit, I couldn't wait to open it. I haven't really been feeling the Christmas spirit this year, so this was just the pick-me up that I needed (I even hauled out the Christmas decorations, which was a really big step for me today :oops: :) ).

Anyways, first-off I want to thank my SS Leanne (aka dottles). Thank you so much, everything was just perfect.

c975c68b.jpg

08741f24.jpg

70c86f4b.jpg

c05c2616.jpg

So, as you can see from the photos, Leanne has spoiled me rotten. In addition to a beautiful card with a Cornish Christmas greeting, I was the recipient of two PJ European Tour stickers; a safe travels key chain; a Scotland/Canada lapel pin; four packages of Halls blackcurrant soothers (which you cannot buy in Canada); a pack of cards featuring scenes of Cornwall, UK; a Falmouth, UK fridge magnet; and two books. One featuring classic Cornish ghost stories and the other, a book of Medieval Cornish Miscellany.

You really ticked all the boxes Leanne! Thank you so much, everything was beautifully wrapped and really chosen with care. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cheers,

Selena xx

So pleased it got to you ok and you liked it. As you can see, I went with a Cornish theme!
    There is another little bit which should be on its way also :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I sent mine SS gift 3 weeks ago and its still not there! Don't worry SS person it should arrive any day now (fingers crossed)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • OK!
    Here's what you have been waiting for

The whole family is in awe!! My wife says it is the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten, including what she has given me :lol:
    It really is a once in a lifetime feeling and thing...

True spirit of the holidays Boo Boo...
    What everyone has said here is true...

Thanks to you Boo Boo, Boo Boo Sr and Boo Boo Jr :D

The Box
    DSC_0462-1.jpg
    Inside
    DSC_0463-2.jpg
    The 4 Sides
    DSC_0464.jpg
    DSC_0468.jpg
    DSC_0466.jpg
    DSC_0465.jpg

Spin, Spin, Spin The PJ Dreidel :mrgreen:
    DSC_0471.jpg
    The Loganator Approves
    DSC_0001.jpg
    Wow I am supremely impressed by the thoughtfullness, and time/effort put into making that gift!!!! That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a very long time. I have met some of the most intriguingly and uniquely beautiful people in the crowds at PJ concerts. It's amazing to think that music can tie in so many people. I love these boards, such awesome people hang out here. You truely got a lovely gift.. from an obviously awesome person. Makes me wonder is delicious anticipation, what will arrive on my doorstep..lol
  • dottles wrote:

I have to admit, I couldn't wait to open it. I haven't really been feeling the Christmas spirit this year, so this was just the pick-me up that I needed (I even hauled out the Christmas decorations, which was a really big step for me today :oops: :) ).

Anyways, first-off I want to thank my SS Leanne (aka dottles). Thank you so much, everything was just perfect.

c975c68b.jpg

08741f24.jpg

70c86f4b.jpg

c05c2616.jpg

So, as you can see from the photos, Leanne has spoiled me rotten. In addition to a beautiful card with a Cornish Christmas greeting, I was the recipient of two PJ European Tour stickers; a safe travels key chain; a Scotland/Canada lapel pin; four packages of Halls blackcurrant soothers (which you cannot buy in Canada); a pack of cards featuring scenes of Cornwall, UK; a Falmouth, UK fridge magnet; and two books. One featuring classic Cornish ghost stories and the other, a book of Medieval Cornish Miscellany.

You really ticked all the boxes Leanne! Thank you so much, everything was beautifully wrapped and really chosen with care. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cheers,

Selena xx

So pleased it got to you ok and you liked it. As you can see, I went with a Cornish theme!

NICE.....it looks like you got a great and thoughtful gift...very nice work Leanne!!!
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    dottles wrote:

c975c68b.jpg

08741f24.jpg

70c86f4b.jpg

c05c2616.jpg

Cheers,

Selena xx

NICE.....it looks like you got a great and thoughtful gift...very nice work Leanne!!!

Yes, I am well-pleased with the amasing and thoughtful gifts that Leanne sent. She did her research :ugeek: :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

Adam

That is what the holidays are about... What a beautiful story and gift!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • :oops:
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    :oops:
    :D
    No reason you should be anything but :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • think boo boo should make us all one so we dont stand in front of the pearl jam cd going "hmmmmmmmm which one do i play today".. spin spin to pick
  • I'm just checking in to say I have received my present on Friday but will be opening it on Christmas day.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm starting to worry.... It's been two weeks since I sent my SS present and it hasn't been received yet..... :?
  • think boo boo should make us all one so we dont stand in front of the pearl jam cd going "hmmmmmmmm which one do i play today".. spin spin to pick

:shock:
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    think boo boo should make us all one so we dont stand in front of the pearl jam cd going "hmmmmmmmm which one do i play today".. spin spin to pick

:shock:
    If you include the boots it would have to break this record

5203024988_853818f4a0_z.jpg:lol:

Get working!!! :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Nice job Boo Boo!

:thumbup:
  • Nice job Boo Boo!

:thumbup:

thanks...and it should be said that You gave me the initial idea... ;)