Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• its all about ....love....gays are people too... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    i so nearly typed something that would have got me banned for a month :|

Nice use of discretion, birthday boy! :thumbup:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • i so nearly typed something that would have got me banned for a month :|
    I probably do not want to know what he was going to write :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I want my pressie to arrive with my recipient!! {stamps feet and leaves thread}
  • anything arrive today?? :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • anything arrive today?? :)

YES!!!! *does happy dance*

I have to admit, I couldn't wait to open it. I haven't really been feeling the Christmas spirit this year, so this was just the pick-me up that I needed (I even hauled out the Christmas decorations, which was a really big step for me today :oops: :) ).

Anyways, first-off I want to thank my SS Leanne (aka dottles). Thank you so much, everything was just perfect.

c975c68b.jpg

08741f24.jpg

70c86f4b.jpg

c05c2616.jpg

So, as you can see from the photos, Leanne has spoiled me rotten. In addition to a beautiful card with a Cornish Christmas greeting, I was the recipient of two PJ European Tour stickers; a safe travels key chain; a Scotland/Canada lapel pin; four packages of Halls blackcurrant soothers (which you cannot buy in Canada); a pack of cards featuring scenes of Cornwall, UK; a Falmouth, UK fridge magnet; and two books. One featuring classic Cornish ghost stories and the other, a book of Medieval Cornish Miscellany.

You really ticked all the boxes Leanne! Thank you so much, everything was beautifully wrapped and really chosen with care. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cheers,

Selena xx
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

That was true until about 6:58 PM today. The gift got to my place last night and I got home very late and did not open it.I knew it was from Uxbridge MA, and I knew immediately who it was from.

So I wrote that I got it and was excited but did not know that the SS was worried whether I would like it.I spent most of the day leading up to opening my SS gift, texting Boo Boo, who was so worried I would not like what I got. I told him I would never be dissapointed with anything. What I did not know was that Boo Boo along with his father and son made me the gift.

If you read some of my posts, you would certainly know I am jewish and an avid fan of the band.

Boo Boo made me a Pearl Jam dreidel that was encased in a beautiful box with both an Eddie picture and my favorite artist Paul Klee painting inside.

No one has EVER made me anything. I am so touched and humbled by the effort someone made for me that I am speechless. I can not imagine the thought, planning and work that went into it.

I just got off the phone with him, and I could not express how amazing it made me feel. I could hear in his voice relief, which I can not understand. How could he think that I would not be touched to the soul by what he did. Who would want anything that money can by when I obviously got something that money can't buy.

It has been put in my office right and I will look at it and smile and smile and smile...

I will post pictures tomorrow so you can all see what someone like Boo Boo will do for you.

I will always remember the feeling of what it felt like to unwrap it.

Thank you Theo my friend.

Adam
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    any get something/anything today?

not yet...but I know my SS got my gift :-)
    I'm in the same boat.. lol
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

That was true until about 6:58 PM today. The gift got to my place last night and I got home very late and did not open it.I knew it was from Uxbridge MA, and I knew immediately who it was from.

So I wrote that I got it and was excited but did not know that the SS was worried whether I would like it.I spent most of the day leading up to opening my SS gift, texting Boo Boo, who was so worried I would not like what I got. I told him I would never be dissapointed with anything. What I did not know was that Boo Boo along with his father and son made me the gift.

If you read some of my posts, you would certainly know I am jewish and an avid fan of the band.

Boo Boo made me a Pearl Jam dreidel that was encased in a beautiful box with both an Eddie picture and my favorite artist Paul Klee painting inside.

No one has EVER made me anything. I am so touched and humbled by the effort someone made for me that I am speechless. I can not imagine the thought, planning and work that went into it.

I just got off the phone with him, and I could not express how amazing it made me feel. I could hear in his voice relief, which I can not understand. How could he think that I would not be touched to the soul by what he did. Who would want anything that money can by when I obviously got something that money can't buy.

It has been put in my office right and I will look at it and smile and smile and smile...

I will post pictures tomorrow so you can all see what someone like Boo Boo will do for you.

Adam

This brought a tear to my eyes!! Wow, I love this gift exchange!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

Adam

Oh you big stinkers, you made me cry.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Having lived 44 years plus to date and having grown up in NYC, I could honestly say I thought I had seen it all and would never be suprised by anything again.

Adam

it was a pleasure to make for you and I am glad you have recieved so much joy from it. Your reaction and feelings is what this holiday season is all about.

Thank you for the kind words.
    Boo Boo...aka Theo
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."

Adam
    This is why I love this community so much.. Never gonna find a better set of people anywhere else on the earth!!! No other fan club is this cool!!
  • PJPixie wrote:

Adam

This brought a tear to my eyes!! Wow, I love this gift exchange!!

Me too! So beautiful :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

Adam
    now,the time i write this post im at work,,im here 22 hours already and have 5 hours more to go..i open the page and i saw your post and the quotes under it..im very tired and i thought,leave it Dimitris,you read it tomorrow..but you know sometimes somerthing into you says like a voice from nowhere,,read it now,do it now...
    thanks Adam for sharing your feelings.....and thanks to Theo for be in the mood of what Secret Santa is..
    i hope some day i meet you both..+all those people that making every day this big community to a big Family
    Dimitris
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    wow---that's awesome, Adam!!! great job to Theo!! this is why i keep coming back to the forums, to be honest. with all the negativity (play here, sell this, yada-yada bullshit) going around, these stories brighten my day.

happy holidays to you all!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wow Adam. And here I was thinking Boo Boo was a girl/woman! :mrgreen:
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160

Adam

:D Very nice!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin

Adam

Tears in my eyes too!! So lovely!!
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Just checked on my package again and it was released from customs a couple of days ago. Hope it is still in tact and nicely wrapped! Should arrive to the receiver soon.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Boo Boo wrote:

Adam

it was a pleasure to make for you and I am glad you have recieved so much joy from it. Your reaction and feelings is what this holiday season is all about.

Thank you for the kind words.
    Boo Boo...aka Theo

That's beautiful!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Way to make the rest of us look bad Boo Boo! :lol:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited December 2010
    OK!
    Here's what you have been waiting for

The whole family is in awe!! My wife says it is the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten, including what she has given me :lol:
    It really is a once in a lifetime feeling and thing...

True spirit of the holidays Boo Boo...
    What everyone has said here is true...

Thanks to you Boo Boo, Boo Boo Sr and Boo Boo Jr :D

The Box
    DSC_0462-1.jpg
    Inside
    DSC_0463-2.jpg
    The 4 Sides
    DSC_0464.jpg
    DSC_0468.jpg
    DSC_0466.jpg
    DSC_0465.jpg

Spin, Spin, Spin The PJ Dreidel :mrgreen:
    DSC_0471.jpg
    The Loganator Approves
    DSC_0001.jpg
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    That is fantastic. So much work. I would have never thought of something like that. Makes my prezzies look abit... ummmm... store bought and weird. But it's OK, because they're not - they are me!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Wow, that's incredible. What a super job. The people on this board are the best.
  • and once again...this is my favorite thread...so much love.... :)