Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I haven't sent off my Secret Santa yet, but there's good reason.

An integral part of the gift is not going to be ready until this coming weekend.

I think it will be well worth the wait for my person!

Since the box isn't going all that far, I am 99% sure it will still arrive in plenty of time for putting under the tree!

I'm so excited.

I really hope they like it :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Claireack wrote:
    I can't tell you how many smiles and laughs I had when I was unwrapping each pressie - it was all perfect!!

Thank you so much Whoprincess!!
    You didn't write your screen name anywhere on the parcel but your dogs gave it away!
    So happy you enjoyed it! I had so much fun shopping for you! In fact, I haven't enjoyed Christmas shopping so much for a long time. It has spilled over to my other shopping and I'm having the most fun I've had in years!

I didn't put my screen name on purpose and I thought you would guess because of the dogs. I did give you a small clue by putting The Who targets on all the pressies but probably only a diehard Who fan would guess it.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Everyone is so creative this year :mrgreen:
    I think I was the first two years, but this year I went with one thing :oops: :?

I hope the person likes it but I did not have much to go on :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    The waiting drove me mad.... when its finally here I'll be a mess!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I'm actually pretty nervous hoping that my ss likes the pressies I've sent, they should get it next week fingers crossed!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I think I was the first two years, but this year I went with one thing :oops: :?

I betcha it is the perfect thing, though... :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:

I think I might have hit a homer :mrgreen:
    or for you Cricket/Ashes types... a 6 pointer? :? :oops:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    redrock wrote:

I think I might have hit a homer :mrgreen:
    or for you Cricket/Ashes types... a 6 pointer? :? :oops:

I'm sure it's perfect whatever it is! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • I received my Secret Santa gift today from Mr. Eddie Vedder =)

Candles, vino (in this cool little bottle), music from different bands which I really like, and coins. Way cool and I thank you for the lovely message in the card too. Thanks again.

This was a fun thing and I am glad I was a part of it. :D
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Just checked the postage tracking details. Turns out my SS gift arrived to the designated country on December 2 but is being delayed by customs :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    rafie wrote:
    Just checked the postage tracking details. Turns out my SS gift arrived to the designated country on December 2 but is being delayed by customs :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Oooh, ouch! If it's British customs they can be awful this time of year!
    I got my SS gift this morning from S Claus in Canada!
    I've not opened it yet, trying to decide if to leave it until Christmas, but thank you to whomever you are.

(My SS will know istantly who there SS is as the Post Office made me put my name on the packet refusing to let it be santa!)
    dottles wrote:
    (My SS will know istantly who there SS is as the Post Office made me put my name on the packet refusing to let it be santa!)
    :o :shock: :o

Go on... open it.... you know you want to! :twisted:
    redrock wrote:

:lol: It's still on the table in the box downstairs...we'll see later! :D
  • redrock wrote:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:
    I've not opened it yet, trying to decide if to leave it until Christmas, but thank you to whomever you are.

You have a mean Post Office ... I put that I was Secret Santa on mine and it made it all the way to Oz ok :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I know I'm late, but I'm going run to the post office tomorrow and express it across the pond! I was hoping I'd find something fun to add to the package on my business trip to Amsterdam, but no such luck :cry:
    Those blasted post offices over here open when I'm already at work and close before I get back. Maybe I should get a job at a state-run 'business' too....
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Its so nice seeing everyone enjoying the giving and receiving of gifts. As Dimi said, this is my favorite thread to read and be a part of. Can't wait to see more pictures! :D
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm pretty sure mine hasn't arrived yet because puppies have to be 8 weeks old before you take them away from their mother.

Either that, or it's taken longer than SS anticipated for them to swap out the wheel covers for the Porshce for the really fancy ones.

I'm happily anticipating.

My outgoing SS gift is complete. It is, like me, eclectic. (Others may say "odd" or "unusual.") Definitely not boring. Now, I have to find a post office close by work so I can mail it tomorrow.

;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I'm pretty sure mine hasn't arrived yet because puppies have to be 8 weeks old before you take them away from their mother.

Either that, or it's taken longer than SS anticipated for them to swap out the wheel covers for the Porshce for the really fancy ones.

I'm happily anticipating.

My outgoing SS gift is complete. It is, like me, eclectic. (Others may say "odd" or "unusual.") Definitely not boring. Now, I have to find a post office close by work so I can mail it tomorrow.

;)

Oh boy...
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:

You have a mean Post Office ... I put that I was Secret Santa on mine and it made it all the way to Oz ok :mrgreen:

They reckoned that the country receiving the gift could be pretty funny about parcels, everything had to be itemised on the CN22 as well :cry:
  • vduboise wrote:
    Its so nice seeing everyone enjoying the giving and receiving of gifts. As Dimi said, this is my favorite thread to read and be a part of. Can't wait to see more pictures! :D
    its true..people take part for share their love for those holidays and try to make someone happy..sometimes you know the person in person,like Sian i had last year,sometimes you know only via forum,like Matt this year..sometimes you dont know at all,cos he dont post or whatever..(maybe next year for me)and its so fun..i dont think what ill get ,but all this feeling of making someone happy,from another city,country,continent in the planet is beautiful..ands this communiuty has so beautiful people..and im so so happy i met already in person alot of them..i look at the people be part this year and i met 10 of them already in person..awesome..!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    vduboise wrote:
    its true..people take part for share their love for those holidays and try to make someone happy..sometimes you know the person in person,like Sian i had last year,sometimes you know only via forum,like Matt this year..sometimes you dont know at all,cos he dont post or whatever..(maybe next year for me)and its so fun..i dont think what ill get ,but all this feeling of making someone happy,from another city,country,continent in the planet is beautiful..ands this communiuty has so beautiful people..and im so so happy i met already in person alot of them..i look at the people be part this year and i met 10 of them already in person..awesome..!!
    :D :wave: :clap:
    ...and i met 10 of them already in person..awesome..!!
    Only? :lol:

You met me, that must have been pure awesomeness for you! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    ...and i met 10 of them already in person..awesome..!!
    Only? :lol:

You met me, that must have been pure awesomeness for you! :mrgreen:
    you know that if i have to do a list....of awesomeness..number 1 is you...oh nothing to do with age.. :lol:
    love you baby!!! ;)
  • dottles wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:lol: It's still on the table in the box downstairs...we'll see later! :D
    WE want you to open it, to see your pressies! ;):lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • vduboise wrote:
    Nuthin but the truth...
    The only reason I would accept a present is because I know someone wants me to open it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Sent my present off to my Secret Santa today...

a n t i c i p a t i o n.... :shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."