Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• Still nothing here in cold Edmonton, AB, but I'll keep you posted, whoever my SS is :lol:

Sent mine out last weekend but it does have a fair way to travel indeed so here's hopin!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Okay, I'm finally done. Mailing tomorrow. So disappointed I couldn't find any moose poop in Maine.

Me, to very nice clerk in candy store: "Do you have anything say, like, chocolate moose poop? Or anything on that idea?"

Clerk, edging back from counter, looking mildly alarmed: "Umm, no."

The sad thing is... That's the actual exchange.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    photo-8.jpg

Wow! Thanks, Dimitris!! LOVE the shirt, man!! :D:D:D Awesome gifts from a great friend. Merry Christmas & Happy 2011, Dimi!

That may be the best shirt ever. Awesome.
    :D i know you all guys like the why not bitching shirt,but the real rare item in the package is the cd..only 100 of it is out there.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JzPJzP Posts: 933
    Yes but you can not wear a cd supporting your english speaking greek friend!
    ~JzP
  • JzP wrote:
    Yes but you can not wear a cd supporting your english speaking greek friend!
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    My baby has been sick past couple of days (pneumonia - we were at the hospital for 5 hours this afternoon) so I did not get around to uploading the pics I took of Pandoras SS gift yet. I will try to find the time to do it tomorrow.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • rafie wrote:
    My baby has been sick past couple of days (pneumonia - we were at the hospital for 5 hours this afternoon) so I did not get around to uploading the pics I took of Pandoras SS gift yet. I will try to find the time to do it tomorrow.
    oh man...i wish your kid the best and fast recovery..
  • rafie wrote:
    Oh wow... I hope everything is OK!
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Thanks guys. Thankfully he is sleeping at the moment. Last night he was really miserable and barely slept. He got a prescription of antibiotics for the next 10 days.
    Luckily both my wife and I are teachers and on vacation this week because of the holidays (Hanukka), so we do not need to miss work to stay home with him.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

• rafie wrote:
    Thanks guys. Thankfully he is sleeping at the moment. Last night he was really miserable and barely slept. He got a prescription of antibiotics for the next 10 days.
    Luckily both my wife and I are teachers and on vacation this week because of the holidays (Hanukka), so we do not need to miss work to stay home with him.
    Well anti-biotics will do it's job... Kids are going to get sick but when it's yours, it drives you mad.

Good luck and happy hanukkah
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rafie wrote:
    nice that the kid take some rest..think positive..all will be ok and normal soon.. :)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh Rafie I'm so sorry to hear this,
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for your little guy. The worse is over now and you and Mama can relax, those antibotics will do the trick. You are both probably exhausted from the ordeal and worry. Thinking of you all, enjoy your holiday :D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Rafie, I hope your little one is ok,much love x

..and my ss pressie was finally posted today,so sorry for the delay
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • hope your little one gets better soon!! It's never fun when loved ones get sick.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Rafie...
    Hope your little one is ok!!! Sending good vibes from TX,

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Between the good vibes, and the anti-biotics, surely your little guy will get better very quickly. Hang in there it's almost over.
    Thanks again every one for the well wishes for my little man! He still has a fever, but is feeling much better today.

Here is what I got from Pandora:

ry%3D400

After opening the second, gift wrapped box:

ry%3D400

Here is a close up of the mug:

ry%3D400

Thanks again Jim!

Rafie, I hope your baby is feeling better now. So worrisome when the little ones aren't well, but it sounds like you're on your way with the second and longer round of antibiotics.

Love your gift photo! Have to get mine mailed tomorrow, I finally completed it.

Hopefully I've included enough slug chow for them to survive the trip...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • rafie wrote:
    Thanks again every one for the well wishes for my little man! He still has a fever, but is feeling much better today.

Here is what I got from Pandora:

ry%3D400

After opening the second, gift wrapped box:

ry%3D400

Here is a close up of the mug:

ry%3D400

Thanks again Jim!
    AWESOME!!!!!SECRET SANTA IS MY FAVORITE THREAD IN THE FORUM!!!! :D
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    It is the scariest thing when your baby is that sick. {{{{Big hugs}}}}} to your little one.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    rafie wrote:

Sure hope all is better rafie.

Just to let my SS know, I received my package yesterday so Thank You whoever you are. Will post again when I open them on Christmas. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • went in the mail today....just mailed it to the states and it still cost me 18 bones.... :lol:
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Problem with the gift I ordered!! Ugghhhh! My person will have the present way before Christmas tho!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    My Secret Santa gift came!!!!

This is it before I opened it;

101207_175056.jpg

and this is it after;

101207_175532.jpg

I am so happy!! What wonderful pressies!!

It's a bit hard so see what they are as I took it with my phone and was obviously having a bit of a wobble at the time, so here's the lowdown;

A most beautiful scarf and glove set with a border terrier on (the same breed as my little Molly)
    Texas Morning glory - a breakfast recipe book (yummy)
    A Pez machine and sweeties - so very long since I've had one!
    A pack of three mis-matched socks - perfect for me and my dis-organisation
    A fantastic doggy christmas tin full of chocolate covered pecans - which I have already started into, but I am going to try and hide from myself so that I don't eat any more!
    A Edvard Munch personalised bookmark

I can't tell you how many smiles and laughs I had when I was unwrapping each pressie - it was all perfect!!

Thank you so much Whoprincess!!
    You didn't write your screen name anywhere on the parcel but your dogs gave it away!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Nice Claire.... but didn't you just say you waited until Christmas day to open presents??? ;)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    redrock wrote:
    Nice Claire.... but didn't you just say you waited until Christmas day to open presents??? ;)

:oops: Ummm it was different with this one :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Claireack wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:oops: Ummm it was different with this one :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

Love it! Enjoy your gifts, they're beautiful!
  • It is so awesome to see what everyone got!! This just gets more and more fun!! Still waiting on mine, which is testing my "patience is a virtue" theory, that's one I'm waning thin on LMAO. When it gets here and Christmas as well, I will get a silly photobucket account so I can post pics of what I got.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    One of the most fun parts about this (besides seeing the great pictures of what everybody's getting) is seeing your Secret Santa pal post and they haven't gotten their present yet. And they don't know it's me, I'm the one who (finally) mailed off the box. It's so exciting and kind of scary because you hope they'll like it.

And I want to be able to say "pressies" instead of presents cause that sounds much cooler.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    My Secret Santa came!

The box itself is even beautiful!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you PJPixie!

I can't believe you put so much time and love into this.

This is the best.

You're the best!

Pixie spent time crocheting a gorgeous PJ designed neckscarf, and a toastie one at that!

She sent framed photos of herself with her "SMILE" sign and then Ed on stage with her SMILE sign

along with...

recordings of the Cleveland Mother's Day show where Ed took the banner up on stage and performed Smile for her and of you/us all after waiting all of that time!

Not only all that, but three, count em, 3 whole containers of decadent chocolate, white and strawberry "cake balls" made by her son. so scrumptious...i have to hide them or i will never get another ....everyone loves them!

One of the best pressies in the box is the smallest one...a handmade keychain with Pearl Jam spelled out along the length of it in beads. I'm assuming that you made that and i just LOVE it!!!! So cute. I can't wait for everyone to see!

Along with all that came a lovely letter explaining the significance of and the history behind, each gift in the box.

So awesome!

When my daughter comes home from work tonight I'm going to ask her to take photos so i can post them up here (i don't know how to use her laptop camera properly, or so i've been told heheheeheee)

I LOVE IT ALL SO MUCH.

Thank you Pixie, you rock!!!!

peace and hugs
    jo!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~