Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I am going to the mall in a few minutes to pick up some final treats and will be mailing later today. A package filled with Israeli goodies and some other mysteries...

EDIT: Just got back from the post office. Package sent. Delivery cost me around $45, but it should arrive within a week or two. I was also happily surprised that the package I had waiting for me was my SS present!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is my B-Day, so I will wait until then to open it. The senders name sounds familiar to me, but I can't place his screen name: Jim Thompson from Atlanta.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • rafie wrote:
    I am going to the mall in a few minutes to pick up some final treats and will be mailing later today. A package filled with Israeli goodies and some other mysteries...

EDIT: Just got back from the post office. Package sent. Delivery cost me around $45, but it should arrive within a week or two. I was also happily surprised that the package I had waiting for me was my SS present!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is my B-Day, so I will wait until then to open it. The senders name sounds familiar to me, but I can't place his screen name: Jim Thompson from Atlanta.
    now you mention the price..seems that greek post office change the prices,,and now is more expensive..
    i pay 22 euros for wishlist secret santa and 19 for this one,,seems expensive,but wasnt sure cos of the waeight,but after i sent binaural to the winner of the 20th anniversary i was sure..i sent 2 times binaural lp in the past and pay 12 euros..now was 17.50 euros..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    now you mention the price..seems that greek post office change the prices,,and now is more expensive..
    i pay 22 euros for wishlist secret santa and 19 for this one,,seems expensive,but wasnt sure cos of the waeight,but after i sent binaural to the winner of the 20th anniversary i was sure..i sent 2 times binaural lp in the past and pay 12 euros..now was 17.50 euros..

It weighed just over 2 Kilos and I sent it using air mail to make sure it would arrive in time. If I would have sent it by boat, it would have cost half the price to send, but would have taken 4 - 6 weeks to arrive.
    The package I sent you a couple of months ago Dimi cost me only around $10 to send, but it weighed less than 500 Grams and was shipped using regular mail, not as a package.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

• rafie wrote:

It weighed just over 2 Kilos and I sent it using air mail to make sure it would arrive in time. If I would have sent it by boat, it would have cost half the price to send, but would have taken 4 - 6 weeks to arrive.
    The package I sent you a couple of months ago Dimi cost me only around $10 to send, but it weighed less than 500 Grams and was shipped using regular mail, not as a package.
    ok..less than 2 kilos here u sent as package..more than 2 kilos u must put a form and describe package and blach blach and u pay alot.,.,all are airmail
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I think my SS will be going in three packages, one direct from the person who made it, one from me this week (weather dependant and snow allowing me to the post office!) and one next week which I know is past the deadline but it will be before the posting deadline in the UK to the destination country...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Sorted :mrgreen:
  • coachchris wrote:
    I really hope customs doesn't look too hard at it either or only half of it may show up :evil:
    Those customs forms drive me nuts. I had to unpack and repack to make sure I listed everything right. :crazy:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    coachchris wrote:
    I really hope customs doesn't look too hard at it either or only half of it may show up :evil:
    Those customs forms drive me nuts. I had to unpack and repack to make sure I listed everything right. :crazy:
    Strangely enough, the post office did not ask me to fill out any kind of customs form. Address only.

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    still no word from my recipient....hmmm.....
    hope the stuff made it there ok!! :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    still no word from my recipient....hmmm.....
    hope the stuff made it there ok!! :?
    mine too..i hope arrive safe :( ..suppose to arrive today..i hope tomorrow
  • Mailed my package today, woo hoo! Hope my SS likes what I sent.
    To the people who didn't wrap their presents, I wouldn't worry. Doesn't take away from the fun! I wrapped mine but but not very artfully. Martha Stewart I ain't. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The pupae were an utter failure so I'm starting over with home-grown penicillin, crafted with love. I have the Dunkin Donuts napkin and the can of baked beans, all I need now is the parking ticket. Dammit, I'm gonna have to drive to work a day this week.

Or maybe I can send a box filled with the salty breezes from Boston Harbor. I'll collect from upwind of the sewage treatment plant.

I'm such a giver... I bring tears to my eyes...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Or maybe I can send a box filled with the salty breezes from Boston Harbor.

That sounds lovely!! Well it does as long as it doesn't smell like the kind of air that my hubby caught in a jar not long after we first met. Remind me why I fell in love with him :?
    So sorry, ice and snow meant no getting to the Post Office today. I will endevour to post by the weekend - I know it's late :(
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited November 2010
    dottles wrote:
    So sorry, ice and snow meant no getting to the Post Office today. I will endevour to post by the weekend - I know it's late :(

Hey as I can't make it to the post office other than on Saturday mornings :( ... I often do my postage online and then just drop it with the post room at work for them to hand over to royal mail. If you can make it to work ... and can weigh it at home could be an option.

https://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/olp ... gear=olpui
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Hey as I can't make it to the post office other than on Saturday mornings :( ... I often do my postage online and then just drop it with the post room at work for them to hand over to royal mail. If you can make it to work ... and can weight it at home could be an option.

https://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/olp ... gear=olpui

Never done that before, I'll have a looky when I am at home later.
    Thank you :D
    I opened up my SS (birthday) gift today. I am on my wife's laptop, so I'll upload pics on the weekend. My SS was Pandora.
    The contents were: some gifts for my baby boy (3 rubber duckies and a theething doll thingie that says "I love my daddy"), Some orange flavoured sunkist candies, a birthday card of course, candles for my B-Day (3, 0), I little bottle of canadian whisky, a star map thingie (which my wife has already said she is taking) and a Pearl Jam mug with a pic of the band and some pics from shows.

All in all, a very cool B-Day gift!

Thanks Pandora!!!

• rafie wrote:
    I opened up my SS (birthday) gift today. I am on my wife's laptop, so I'll upload pics on the weekend. My SS was Pandora.
    The contents were: some gifts for my baby boy (3 rubber duckies and a theething doll thingie that says "I love my daddy"), Some orange flavoured sunkist candies, a birthday card of course, candles for my B-Day (3, 0), I little bottle of canadian whisky, a star map thingie (which my wife has already said she is taking) and a Pearl Jam mug with a pic of the band and some pics from shows.

Thanks Pandora!!!
    oh!!!so lucky you got Pandora!!!awesome..waiting for fotos!! :D
  • Ordered and should be out this week... I had nothing to go on so I hope they like it :? :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    rafie wrote:

Thanks Pandora!!!

You're very welcome Rafie! I'm glad you and the family liked the gifts. I hope your birthday is wonderful!
    Make it special.... # 30 comes but once! :D Enjoy!!
    got news yesterday that my gifts have arrived!!! Merry Christmas, Sara!!!! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thanks Matt! Thanks again for the fabulous and hilarious gifts! And thank you again for brightening my spirits during a tough time. I'm still laughing about the stapler and the damn snow peas. :lol::lol:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    awesome!! :D mine didnt arrive yet :( .i hope my person get it soon..!!!and where is Sara to post fotos??? :)
    Hurrah on those pressies arriving already :D
    Rafie, sounds like a very cool birthday pressie!
    i sent mine first ...and not heard a word... :evil:

That's what worries me interms of not actually posting the main part of mine yet!!
  • bw this is getting more exiting ,now the first packages arrive :D
    mfc2006 wrote:
    awesome!! :D mine didnt arrive yet :( .i hope my person get it soon..!!!and where is Sara to post fotos??? :)

i'm sure it'll arrive soon, Dimi. Not sure if she has any photos, but she seems happy! :D
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thanks Matt! Thanks again for the fabulous and hilarious gifts! And thank you again for brightening my spirits during a tough time. I'm still laughing about the stapler and the damn snow peas. :lol::lol:

my pleasure, Sara!!! you did say that you liked snow peas! ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • but i sent bd's and the ss on the same day

adam got his ages ago
    if its in the same country...but different state..maybe will be late