Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Who here has the will power to wait until Xmas until they open their pressie?!? I know that I won't ... Will be sending mine on Monday, will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to its final destination.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    mfc2006 wrote:
    my gifts are going out one at a time....i thought it would be a fun way to send them, so the recipient gets a few little boxes instead of one big box. hope they're happy!!!
    That's very cool...
    Mine end up being sent seperately too, but for ease rather than planning :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Ordered mine today :) Hopefully my SS will get it before the Holidays :):clap:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Well the person who will be recieving my SS pressie is def get some stuff uniquely aussie! And saw something else today that I think I will just have to add.....they are def getting spoilt! Then in the post it will go! :D
  • Going shopping tomorrow and sending it off too. Still have no idea what to get :? I will be praying tonight.
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • gonna try to mail mine tonight :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I have almost everything ready - just waiting on the Ten Club. Hope it shows up before the Christmas single...
  • Sent my packages off last night (there are two). Stupid Canada Post said it might take 8-10 weeks to reach the UK :o :shock: :roll: Hopefully they're just exaggerating to cover their asses.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just back from the Post Office and my parcel is on it's way 8-)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Sent my packages off last night (there are two). Stupid Canada Post said it might take 8-10 weeks to reach the UK :o :shock: :roll: Hopefully they're just exaggerating to cover their asses.
    the uk...to canada never takes that long...ive sent stuff that get there in 8-10 days..

what you get me btw :lol:
    the uk...to canada never takes that long...ive sent stuff that get there in 8-10 days..

:lol::lol:
    the woman in the post office here told me need 10 days to arrive in Brazil
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ok so I've decided what to get my person, and like I said it was sorta vague.. so I'm praying it goes over well.. I go and get them ( my predetermined gifts) Friday morning and the guy behind the counter of the store I found the gifts at was like " ya want someone else to shop for?" LOL So I guess THAT guy at least thought they were cool gifts..So I'll mail them out that day and hope they arrive safely to their new owner. As for waiting.. I plan on waiting til Christmas to open mine; it'll go under the tree with all the others.. lol

That's Canada Post for you :roll: ;)

And I got you . . . :silent: :twisted:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    who got me?! who got me?!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I don't really want to know who got my name until I open the gift..

That's Canada Post for you :roll: ;)

And I got you . . . :silent: :twisted:
    :shock: danm..i thought you got me... :(
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

you wish. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm still waiting for one particular item to include with my gift.

The breeder assures it will be ready to go as long as it's able to hunt on it's own. Should be any day now.
    cracked me up! well done :lol:
  • I know Mr Thrilla did not have me as his SS, but still sent me one of the most thoughtful gift packages I have ever gotten...

Few people in the world are as awesome as he is :|
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I am looking forward to being surprised. Which sounds like a contradiction, but it isn't.

I've already told Mr. Unlost he'll have to park his pickup on the street when my new Porsche is delivered.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I know Mr Thrilla did not have me as his SS, but still sent me one of the most thoughtful gift packages I have ever gotten...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • I can't wait to hear what my person says when they get theirs..hopefully I chose wisely.. lmao but just in case the main gift wasn't spot on, I got a few other little things too ;-).
  • I've read you guys do this for a minute now, but this is the first year I get to participate. and my family is like why? but seriously you TC peeps are just too cool to pass this up. Anyhow I'm having a blast doing this, my sis and I went shopping to find everything last week and we had so much fun. It was fucking hillarious by the end, cause my email was so vague as to what they wanted.. so we just went out to find cool shit. And by the end we were laughing so hard, that we almost got kicked out of one store. Ok so I can't tell you the funniest part cause it'd give the gift away, but we were laughing so hard, they almost told us we had to leave.
  • I know Mr Thrilla did not have me as his SS, but still sent me one of the most thoughtful gift packages I have ever gotten...

you are more then welcome...even if it might have been cheaper to fly over and give it to you first hand .
    the post office will not go bankrupt any time soon . :shock: ;)

i want the vinyl spun as well...
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i'm at a bit of a loss myself and not because my SS person was vague..just the opposite..they were VERY specific..which is great on one hand...but on the other hand what kind of surprise is it if you get exactly what you've asked for?

Granted, you'll receive exactly the things that you want but there's no surprise in that...no "awesome" or "wow!" in it.

so this is taking a lot of thought...

be careful what you wish for when you say that your SS person was a little vague...lol!

Big debate going on inside my head right now :problem: :think:

Get them what they asked for...nice but no surprise :wtf:

Get them something that will be super cool and they'll probably love but not exactly what they specified? :o

Getting both would be really out of my league financially :sick:

So what to do, what to do, what to do??? :crazy: :eh: :think: :wave: :? :D :?: :idea: :?:

Suggestions people? HELP :D :roll: :think:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • so who got Helen? :lol:
  • wow stillhere
    Yeah I never thought of that aspect, but still it's been so much fun. and yeah I agree on the surprise factor. I tried to just give ideas.. like things I liked or collected to see what would end up on my doorstep. but this person was just like I like this this and this, but not what they were really looking or as to ideas. so we just went and found some cool things that fit those perameters. and they were mighty wide .. so I could be way wrong.. but it was fun.. I can't wait til Friday morning when I get to go pick everything up and mail it out..
  • StillHere wrote:
    i'm at a bit of a loss myself and not because my SS person was vague..just the opposite..they were VERY specific..which is great on one hand...but on the other hand what kind of surprise is it if you get exactly what you've asked for?

Granted, you'll receive exactly the things that you want but there's no surprise in that...no "awesome" or "wow!" in it.

so this is taking a lot of thought...

be careful what you wish for when you say that your SS person was a little vague...lol!

Big debate going on inside my head right now :problem: :think:

Get them what they asked for...nice but no surprise :wtf:

Get them something that will be super cool and they'll probably love but not exactly what they specified? :o

Getting both would be really out of my league financially :sick:

So what to do, what to do, what to do??? :crazy: :eh: :think: :wave: :? :D :?: :idea: :?:

Suggestions people? HELP :D :roll: :think:
    Wow, I hope this wasn't me! :oops:
    This was my first year to participate so I wasn't real sure what to say. I worried about giving too much detail or that my SS would be perplexed by my suggestions.

OTOH I felt that the process itself was the fun part and I'll enjoy whatever I receive.

But I can see your dilemma. It's similar to when a family member asks for something really specific. You get it for them, knowing they'll like it, but it takes some fun out of it.

I'd probably get them what they asked for but try to add in something small or silly. I love giving silly gifts! If what they asked for is more than you can do monetarily, I'd probably concentrate on several small things that I thought they'd enjoy.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."