Secret Santa 2010

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I love silly gifts too - to give them and to get them. I hope my Secret Santa person has a sense of humor because I'm doing something a little crazy...
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I know I was probably non existant in my likes and dislikes, so apologies who got me!
    I just sort of bimble and bumble with stuff, I don't collect anything specifically etc. So found it quite hard to think of things I like and don't like :lol:

I am still planning my pressie for my person, must decide on what to do fairly sharpishly!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mines all here and in the box. I couldn't find any sticky tape, so I'll have to go and buy some fresh.
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Finally got some time and did some exploratory shopping. I got some stuff- so the hard part is done. Just the little bits to get together.

StillHere- I would say, get something that reflects you and your person. Get something in the realm of what they would like, and then put something that you think they would enjoy. Its Secret Santa- have fun with it and don't stress. :D
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:
    i'm at a bit of a loss myself and not because my SS person was vague..just the opposite..they were VERY specific..which is great on one hand...but on the other hand what kind of surprise is it if you get exactly what you've asked for?

Granted, you'll receive exactly the things that you want but there's no surprise in that...no "awesome" or "wow!" in it.

so this is taking a lot of thought...

be careful what you wish for when you say that your SS person was a little vague...lol!

Big debate going on inside my head right now :problem: :think:

Get them what they asked for...nice but no surprise :wtf:

Get them something that will be super cool and they'll probably love but not exactly what they specified? :o

Getting both would be really out of my league financially :sick:

So what to do, what to do, what to do???

Suggestions people? HELP :D :roll: :think:
    Wow, I hope this wasn't me! :oops:
    This was my first year to participate so I wasn't real sure what to say. I worried about giving too much detail or that my SS would be perplexed by my suggestions.

OTOH I felt that the process itself was the fun part and I'll enjoy whatever I receive.

But I can see your dilemma. It's similar to when a family member asks for something really specific. You get it for them, knowing they'll like it, but it takes some fun out of it.

I'd probably get them what they asked for but try to add in something small or silly. I love giving silly gifts! If what they asked for is more than you can do monetarily, I'd probably concentrate on several small things that I thought they'd enjoy.

well i guess i can give away this much..nope, princess, it was not you! relax

and i'm not at all upset about the specifics ... it just takes some of the surprise out of it ;)
    maybe they will be surprised if the DO get what is on the list tho so who knows
    ya throwing in something silly or a little awesome on top of what they want is a good idea as well.
    once i decide there's no turning back right?
    i'm just going to have fun with it..that's all
    i hope everyone else is having fun too

i think i am one of those frustrating people who was very vague :roll:
    i said i like this kind of thing and that kind of thing
    and i did that because i WANT to be surprised :mrgreen::D
    its not often once we're "grown ups" that we get to be truly surprised right?

i can't wait!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I didn't really give any information at all, other than to say that I like surprise presents.

I think it will be fun to see what each of our SSs comes up with. I hope they put a little bit of themselves into it. But not, you know, literally. I will not be amused if I open a package of someone's toenail clippings.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    I know Mr Thrilla did not have me as his SS, but still sent me one of the most thoughtful gift packages I have ever gotten...

Few people in the world are as awesome as he is :|
    STD by mail?

hmm......

Ok , I was a little vauge about likes etc..... Sooooooooooooooo whoever got me , I like stuff. Does that help? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    StillHere wrote:
    i'm at a bit of a loss myself and not because my SS person was vague..just the opposite..they were VERY specific..which is great on one hand...but on the other hand what kind of surprise is it if you get exactly what you've asked for?

Granted, you'll receive exactly the things that you want but there's no surprise in that...no "awesome" or "wow!" in it.

so this is taking a lot of thought...

be careful what you wish for when you say that your SS person was a little vague...lol!

Big debate going on inside my head right now :problem: :think:

Get them what they asked for...nice but no surprise :wtf:

Get them something that will be super cool and they'll probably love but not exactly what they specified? :o

Getting both would be really out of my league financially :sick:

So what to do, what to do, what to do??? :crazy: :eh: :think: :wave: :? :D :?: :idea: :?:

Suggestions people? HELP :D :roll: :think:

In case you got me, get me whatever you feel like :D I am a fan of surprises. :mrgreen:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hey Helen am I too late or do you still have a spare name to send to ?? I could sort it this week :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Righteo, mine went in the post this afternoon.

Now I'll just worry that they'll think the pressie is crap and throw it in the bin in disgust.
    Claireack wrote:

Now I'll just worry that they'll think the pressie is crap and throw it in the bin in disgust.

As long as it isn't a box of toenail clippings, you should be fine.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Claireack wrote:

As long as it isn't a box of toenail clippings, you should be fine.

OH NO!! Now you've spoiled the surprise :shifty:
  • this is fun :-) I've got to get mine sent out soon!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • this is alot of fun, and like I said I'm really happy I get to be part of it this year. Anyhow I have started shopping for my family as well and I keep wanting to add little things to my SS package.lol my person may just get a care package style gift..lmao. I haven't ever shopped for someone I've never met before. All the SS's I've done in the past have been like with people I work with Church people, school etc. Ya had a general idea of your person.. but this is kick ass crazy cause I have no idea really. I've tried reading this person's posts on here but no go there, they don't post too entirely often. At least not that I've seen. So in the end, it's a guess and jump sort of thing which makes it more interesting. I hope my person is not offended or detests the gifts.
    But, to qoute Dane Cook "I did my best!!!!" lol. anyhow can't wait to hear what the person thinks. And I can't wait til mine gets here so it can be the first present under the tree, although my bro in law is pretty quick.. He'll probably be the first to put a gift under there, he usually is.. lol.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Posted mine yesterday along with my 10C Xmas cards ... $45 later!!!!!

I hope it gets to the person in time, seeing as it has a long way to travel.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • tinkerbell wrote:
    Posted mine yesterday along with my 10C Xmas cards ... $45 later!!!!!

I hope it gets to the person in time, seeing as it has a long way to travel.
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    Claireack wrote:
    Mines all here and in the box. I couldn't find any sticky tape, so I'll have to go and buy some fresh.
    sticky tape? :think: :think: :problem: is there another kind? :wtf: :wave:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hoping my person has got their ss gift....should have by now....no reply to say thtey have. :?

adam got his nonsecret santa gift from me ..i sent on same day.
  • hoping my person has got their ss gift....should have by now....no reply to say thtey have. :?

adam got his nonsecret santa gift from me ..i sent on same day.
    is it me?is it me? :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • NONONONONONO
    NONONONO
    NONONONO
    NONONONO
    NONONONO
    NONONONO
    NO

why?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    still plotting :think: :think: :silent:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    crap i forgot to sign up for this. have participated in years past and loved getting cool prezzies. merry christmas everyone! 8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    I wonder if the packages I sent have started to arrive....
    If so, enjoy them, so-and-so! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • crap i forgot to sign up for this. have participated in years past and loved getting cool prezzies. merry christmas everyone! 8-)

Wow that sucks Steve! I was the lucky recipient of your SS gift last year and I loved it. The BBQ sauce is long gone but I still drink out of the Huskies glass! Still get a good chuckle out of that picture of the kids and Santa :lol:

Don't forget next year!!! :x
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Steve - I had so much fun being your Secret Santa last year - maybe I'll have to pop something silly in the mail this year...
    I'm still assembling. I was sure by now the pupae would have developed...
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

for sure by now...maybe they're not viable
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:

for sure by now...maybe they're not viable

Dammit. Now I'm going to have to start all over.