Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    tuesday and wednesday night college football. doesn't get any better than that. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tuesday and wednesday night college football. doesn't get any better than that. :mrgreen:

and the thursday night NFL/college doubleheader. love the ability to flip between investments. gotta have something to watch during all the NFL prime time commercials.

love bob papa as an announcer too. even if he is affiliated with the giants
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

and the thursday night NFL/college doubleheader. love the ability to flip between investments. gotta have something to watch during all the NFL prime time commercials.

yea i like papa. so glad i got my sirius back up and running.

papa and theisman announcing tomorrow night. there might be a 3rd guy. i'm in the minority but i always like theisman in the booth. he wouldn't hold back. it was fun listening to him and maguire go back and forth back in the old snf on espn. mike patrick was so bad he was good too.

helluva game tomorrow night. which way are you leaning? kinda like the ravens. the line is a little weird to me though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    didn't know that toledo's QB was out last night. had to chase my money with N Illinois -3.5 in the 2nd half. just lost 30 bucks in juice. Northern Ill is gonna give somebody a battle in their bowl game

I'm on the Ohio/Bowling Green OVER tonight

my sources tell me the guy that played last night is vastly superior to the the guy that is out. both are young as they were replacing a 4 year starter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

yea i like papa. so glad i got my sirius back up and running.

papa and theisman announcing tomorrow night. there might be a 3rd guy. i'm in the minority but i always like theisman in the booth. he wouldn't hold back. it was fun listening to him and maguire go back and forth back in the old snf on espn. mike patrick was so bad he was good too.

helluva game tomorrow night. which way are you leaning? kinda like the ravens. the line is a little weird to me though...

haven't done my research for thursday - sunday games yet. I will post my play tomorrow afternoon.

I can't stand theismann or maguire. I'd rather have mayock or waddell on the NFL Network broadcast. the NFL should make collinsworth do every prime time game, he is by far the best color guy out there.

I'm kinda against the 3 man crew altogether. especially when jon gruden is involved. he is brutal. that broadcast would be 3 million times better with just tirico and jaws
  • Options
    your jeagler is a teasin' son of a bitch. ravens and the over last night = $

not a bad way to start the weekend :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I had the ravens. horrendous officiating screws the Fixer yet again. god, the NFL fucking blows.

Also had Uconn and east carolina, so it was a good night. Down a little bit going into the weekend after tuesday and wednesday nights. I have boise big tonight. I think they run up the score and try to earn some style points. I think they win something like 70-19.
  • Options
    the Fixer has been destroying college this year (as always). here are some of my plays this weekend...

Central Florida/Souther Miss UNDER
    miami/GT OVER
    Northwestern (they've screwed me 2 weeks in a row...I'm dumb so I'm going back for more this week)
    Tennessee/Mississippi UNDER
    Ohio St/Penn St OVER
    Houston
    Arizona/USC UNDER
    Virginia
    Syracuse/Rutgers UNDER
    Auburn/Georgia UNDER

I also like UNC, missouri, nebraska, texas, and SCAR. Good luck this weekend.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I had the ravens. horrendous officiating screws the Fixer yet again. god, the NFL fucking blows.

Also had Uconn and east carolina, so it was a good night. Down a little bit going into the weekend after tuesday and wednesday nights. I have boise big tonight. I think they run up the score and try to earn some style points. I think they win something like 70-19.

boise gave me a little scare when the 2nd team came in last night, but they were able to escape with the cover. Also had the buff/ball st under, so I am up a few hundy heading into what should be another profitable saturday. sucks that college football season only has a few more weeks...it always goes too quick

good luck today
  • Options
    took the scenic route but landed back in cover city yet again :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my buddy at work missed out on a 5 TEAM PARLAY due to the jags miracle hail mary. unrealy....100 bucks would have won him over 1500 :o that's a rough way to go out
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my buddy at work missed out on a 5 TEAM PARLAY due to the jags miracle hail mary. unrealy....100 bucks would have won him over 1500 :o that's a rough way to go out

parlays and teasers are a waste of money.

I had cash on houston in that one too. brutal loss.

eagles were the lock of the week tonight. much easier than the load I dropped on the jets...that game gave me 15 heart attacks. I think the jets suck...I hate betting on them
  • Options
    after cashing in on the eagles and flyers tonight I decided to press my luck on some hoops.

sweating out this golden state game...I've got GS -7. I also got into the college hoops season early with miami +7 at memphis.

gambling is awesome
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ha!- yeah tell that to my bookie.

birds and the over parlay last night. MONEY IN THE BANK my friend. MONEY IN THE BANK.

nothing like risking 100 and winning 260 in one game. bang. done.

god bless cover city. :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

birds and the over parlay last night. MONEY IN THE BANK my friend. MONEY IN THE BANK.

you have to win both bets in order to win money though. parlays and teasers decrease your odds of winning. they are sucker bets

nice work last night, but I would strongly recommend changing your strategy
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you have to win both bets in order to win money though. parlays and teasers decrease your odds of winning. they are sucker bets

they're sucker bets if you don't know what you're doing. i've been at this for years. no worries dude. ;)

parlays are so much fun though. lot on the line. that's what betting is all about. love the rush.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

they're sucker bets if you don't know what you're doing. i've been at this for years. no worries dude. ;)

parlays are so much fun though. lot on the line. that's what betting is all about. love the rush.

if you like 2 games that much just bet more on each game. that increases your chances of winning long term. I have a few gambling books I might have to lend you. I don't want to see you lose your fortune
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

if you like 2 games that much just bet more on each game. that increases your chances of winning long term. I have a few gambling books I might have to lend you. I don't want to see you lose your fortune

are you trying to give me gambling advice? i live in cover city dude. worry about yourself. the jeagler cashes in on weekly basis. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

are you trying to give me gambling advice? i live in cover city dude. worry about yourself. the jeagler cashes in on weekly basis. :mrgreen:

alright, just trying to help. you saw my figure 2 weeks ago. The fixer is on pace for yet another 5 figure year. college football is too easy
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    I think what Jeagler is trying to say is.....you get no ruuuuuuush from bowling.

tumblr_l6lv6g6TPx1qbhcdgo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

alright, just trying to help. you saw my figure 2 weeks ago. The fixer is on pace for yet another 5 figure year. college football is too easy

what figure?
    judging by this thread and ed's i think it's safe to say we both have a pretty good handle on what we're doing here dude...so do a few of the other's in ed's pool.

keep on keeping on with what works for you. good luck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think what Jeagler is trying to say is.....you get no ruuuuuuush from bowling.

tumblr_l6lv6g6TPx1qbhcdgo1_500.jpg

haha...nice. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

what figure?
    judging by this thread and ed's i think it's safe to say we both have a pretty good handle on what we're doing here dude...so do a few of the other's in ed's pool.

I posted my total from last saturday a few pages back.

I am 2 billion times better at picking college games than I am at NFL (especially when I can't pick NFL totals...I play just as many, if not more totals than team bets)

Seems like we are both doing well. Obviously I am strongly against exotic bets, but whatever works for you I guess.

don't really like the game, but I will probably put a small bet on temple tonight.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

what figure?

I am 2 billion times better at picking college games than I am at NFL (especially when I can't pick NFL totals...I play just as many, if not more totals than team bets)

Seems like we are both doing well. Obviously I am strongly against exotic bets, but whatever works for you I guess.

don't really like the game, but I will probably put a small bet on temple tonight.

yeah i think i told you my buddies give me shit all the time about me making those kinds of plays. it's a constant joke. i usually end up ahead though. so whatever. it works.

something like 68% of totals this year are overs in the nfl. hop on that train before the oddsmakers start bumping them up a few points. probably due to all the stupid new rules that are hampering defenses....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

what figure?

yeah i think i told you my buddies give me shit all the time about me making those kinds of plays. it's a constant joke. i usually end up ahead though. so whatever. it works.

something like 68% of totals this year are overs in the nfl. hop on that train before the oddsmakers start bumping them up a few points. probably due to all the stupid new rules that are hampering defenses....

I'm a huge proponent of the law of averages. vegas doesn't lose money...they adjust
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm a huge proponent of the law of averages. vegas doesn't lose money...they adjust

Spoken like an econ major.

Numbers don't lie, friends.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly. that's why i said hop on it now before they adjust ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    So I am in this "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" SUICIDE POOL. It was $20 to enter and if you lose a game it's an extra $10 to rejoin. Right now the pool is at about $550. First place is about $400 and 2nd is $150 so far. We started with 19 people and right now there are 5 people left. One guys is still undefeated. I was until the The Cowgirls beat the Giants on Sunday. I'm debating on who to pick this SUnday.

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants
    or maybe Bengals over Bills

I'm leaning to one of the first two choices right now (most likely the Falcons). Who would you pick?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    So I am in this "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" SUICIDE POOL. It was $20 to enter and if you lose a game it's an extra $10 to rejoin. Right now the pool is at about $550. First place is about $400 and 2nd is $150 so far. We started with 19 people and right now there are 5 people left. One guys is still undefeated. I was until the The Cowgirls beat the Giants on Sunday. I'm debating on who to pick this SUnday.

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants

I'm leaning to one of the first two choices right now (most likely the Falcons). Who would you pick?

eagles
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants

I'm one of 5 people left in mine. One strike and you're out. started with 140 people and it was $40 per entry.

I'm leaning towards the chargers this week. I still have the steelers as well, but I don't trust them.