Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    So I am in this "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" SUICIDE POOL. It was $20 to enter and if you lose a game it's an extra $10 to rejoin. Right now the pool is at about $550. First place is about $400 and 2nd is $150 so far. We started with 19 people and right now there are 5 people left. One guys is still undefeated. I was until the The Cowgirls beat the Giants on Sunday. I'm debating on who to pick this SUnday.

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants
    or maybe Bengals over Bills

I'm leaning to one of the first two choices right now (most likely the Falcons). Who would you pick?

i'd be all over the chargers at home in prime time if i were you. no way denver wins that game.
    rams are competitive at home.
    birds are coming off a short week facing a decent team that got embarrassed last week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    So I am in this "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" SUICIDE POOL. It was $20 to enter and if you lose a game it's an extra $10 to rejoin. Right now the pool is at about $550. First place is about $400 and 2nd is $150 so far. We started with 19 people and right now there are 5 people left. One guys is still undefeated. I was until the The Cowgirls beat the Giants on Sunday. I'm debating on who to pick this SUnday.

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants

I'm leaning to one of the first two choices right now (most likely the Falcons). Who would you pick?

i'd be all over the chargers at home in prime time if i were you. no way denver wins that game.
    birds are coming off a short week facing a decent team that got embarrassed last week.

Actually The Chargers were my first choice, but Falcons have been on a roll lately. Yeah not gonna go with the Birds yet. Only thing that worries me about the Chargers game is that is a divisional game and Denver isn't too bad. Hmmmm now i'm leaning more towards the Chargers again :?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants

Actually The Chargers were my first choice, but Falcons have been on a roll lately. Yeah not gonna go with the Birds yet. Only thing that worries me about the Chargers game is that is a divisional game and Denver isn't too bad. Hmmmm now i'm leaning more towards the Chargers again :?

i don't think denver's that good at all.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    No one in the NFL is good. that's one reason why the league sucks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ha! parity brother....everyone's got a shot!

hopefully the birds are the sf giants of the nfl this year....GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ha! parity brother....everyone's got a shot!

hopefully the birds are the sf giants of the nfl this year....GO BIRDS!

yeah man. though vick could probably hit for a higher average than any of the turds in the SF lineup.

can't wait for sunday
  • Options
    Tonights action

bama -44
    washington -2 (play of the night)
    miami -1.5
    flyers/lightning over 5.5 (hit in the first period...gotta love that)
  • Options

Atlanta over Rams
    Chargers over Broncos
    Eagles over Giants

Went with The Chargers.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Went with The Chargers.

smart move. god speed, friend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Tonights action

bama -44
    washington -2 (play of the night)
    miami -1.5
    flyers/lightning over 5.5 (hit in the first period...gotta love that)

3 of 4 to start the week off right. went big on the huskies last night...easy money.

I'm on boise again tonight...hopefully they run up the score
  • Options
    just as an experiment i bet on every single over on today's docket. coming into today the overs were hitting at 58% for the season...65% for the last month...and 70% last week. offense's clearly have an advantage now with all the stupid rules. kinda figured i'd be somewhere around 58-65% going in....

ended up winning 9 out of 14.....64% = cover city. :lol:

we had a tv at our tailgate. so it was fun getting drunk off my ass and just rooting for every single team to score points all day long :mrgreen:

good times...good times
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    just as an experiment i bet on every single over on today's docket. coming into today the overs were hitting at 58% for the season...65% for the last month...and 70% last week. offense's clearly have an advantage now with all the stupid rules. kinda figured i'd be somewhere around 58-65% going in....

ended up winning 9 out of 14.....64% = cover city. :lol:

we had a tv at our tailgate. so it was fun getting drunk off my ass and just rooting for every single team to score points all day long :mrgreen:

good times...good times

I got absolutely raped on my college plays this saturday. Was down HUGE going into yesterday.

Went large on pitt and KC. Had baltimore, houston, NO, Indy, and Philly. Lost on minn, cleveland under (that one was tough), and SF...all of the games I lost were small bets. Only down a little bit after a huge day yesterday.

Had pittsburgh in my suicide pool. If denver wins tonight 4 people get knocked out and it's just me and another dude.

Yesterday was fucking awesome.
  • Options
    I went huge on a 5 snail parlay on the Indonesian slug racing card and hit the pick 5.
    It was touch and go on the last race until a stray dog bolted onto the track and
    ate the favorite paving the way for my victory.

I love betting.
  • Options
    I went huge on a 5 snail parlay on the Indonesian slug racing card and hit the pick 5.
    It was touch and go on the last race until a stray dog bolted onto the track and

I love betting.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Had the under 50 last night. Another win. I haven't done well on monday nights this year, so I will take it
  • Options
    Well everyone survived this week's suicide pool. This week i'm thinking either Browns over Pantheres or Eagles over Bears. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I love betting.

Had the under 50 last night. Another win. I haven't done well on monday nights this year, so I will take it

ah the ol' snail parlay :lol:

erie--i'd hold off on the browns. colt's hurt and i dont know if cribbs will be playing. roll with the birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I love betting.

ah the ol' snail parlay :lol:

erie--i'd hold off on the browns. colt's hurt and i dont know if cribbs will be playing. roll with the birds.

I'd take the browns. Gotta roll with the home team. Eagles coming off of two big divisional prime time games and chicago got an extra few days to prep for them since they played on thursday night.

I'm leaning towards taking the jets this week. I haven't used the birds or browns yet either
  • Options
    So far i've used Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Cheifs, Jets, Giants (my only loss do far), and The Chargers. So still have The Eagles and The Falcons (who are playing the Packers this week). Colt is still playing though right? Cleveland has played pretty well despite their record and they are playing one of the worst teams. Plus i kinda wanna save the Eagles for another game (preferably against dallas, lol)

Fixer- Def. go with The Jets. they're playing the Bungles for pete's sake! :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    So far i've used Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Cheifs, Jets, Giants (my only loss do far), and The Chargers. So still have The Eagles and The Falcons (who are playing the Packers this week). Colt is still playing though right? Cleveland has played pretty well despite their record and they are playing one of the worst teams. Plus i kinda wanna save the Eagles for another game (preferably against dallas, lol)

Fixer- Def. go with The Jets. they're playing the Bungles for pete's sake! :lol:

i think mangenious is announcing the starter tomorrow. could be delhomo or seneca wallace.

dallas matches up well with the birds. i would think the vikings game would be a good time to pick the eagles if you don't see them beating the bears. but what do i know, i was out of my suicide pool in early september :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i think mangenious is announcing the starter tomorrow. could be delhomo or seneca wallace.

dallas matches up well with the birds. i would think the vikings game would be a good time to pick the eagles if you don't see them beating the bears. but what do i know, i was out of my suicide pool in early september :lol:

oh yeah i forgot we played the vikings also unfortunately that's towards the end of the season. i can see the eagles beating the bears. I think i might go with my first instinct again and pick the birds. thanks :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

the eagles are gonna beat the texans by 40...that's when i'm using them
  • Options

the eagles are gonna beat the texans by 40...that's when i'm using them

also, I didn't know mccoy was hurt. that just sold me on the jets...even though I don't trust that team at all
  • Options
    Pats
    Jets
    Saints or Under (I'm leaning towards under, but I'm undecided)
    Texas

Good luck everyone...hopefully we will all have a lot to be thankful for by day's end ;)
  • Options
    over, over, bungles-- 3 team teaser.

the over in this first game is/was a lock. i should have put my life savings on it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    went with the eagles in our suicide pool. 3 other guys went with the browns. so if the browns lose and eagles win i'm in good shape :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

the over in this first game is/was a lock. i should have put my life savings on it.

biggest bet i've made in 3 years....

bingo...bongo...slop slop...slabo dobo daba dongo....

didn't think i would have to sweat out 19.5 points--but whatever. that is how you start a weekend :thumbup:

hope everyone else had a good day as well.

'
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

didn't think i would have to sweat out 19.5 points--but whatever. that is how you start a weekend :thumbup:

'

teasers and parlays are sucker bets

big bet was NE. same amount on NO and NYJ. small on texas. Nice cushion going into today.

Jets advanced me to next week in the suicide pool

I love nebraska today. I also like west va, tulsa, boise, oregon, and bama
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

'

teasers and parlays are sucker bets

big bet was NE. same amount on NO and NYJ. small on texas. Nice cushion going into today.

Jets advanced me to next week in the suicide pool

I love nebraska today. I also like west va, tulsa, boise, oregon, and bama

only sucker bets for those that don't know what they're doing dude. helluva day :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    went with the eagles in our suicide pool. 3 other guys went with the browns. so if the browns lose and eagles win i'm in good shape :)

DAMN!!!! well i'm out the pool now :( :evil: Thought i had a decent shot, but oh well
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

DAMN!!!! well i'm out the pool now :( :evil: Thought i had a decent shot, but oh well

that's rough dude. browns almost lost too.
    chinese-happy.jpg