Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    went with the eagles in our suicide pool. 3 other guys went with the browns. so if the browns lose and eagles win i'm in good shape :)

DAMN!!!! well i'm out the pool now :( :evil: Thought i had a decent shot, but oh well

that's rough dude. browns almost lost too.

I was the only one of the six people left in my pool that didn't take the eagles this week. I'm on SD.
  • Options
    Last day of the college football regular season today. Sucks that the college season is ending. I significantly scale back my bets once the conference games come to an end. From my experience, the conf championships and bowl games are always tough.

My early session today I went big on SMU. Also have West Va, delaware (yep, 1-AA playoffs...I'm on the devlin express), and the flyers.

I love oregon, washington, and nevada later today.

I've given some money back the last few weeks. Still up a decent amount for the year, but my dream of a 5 figure season looks pretty far fetched at this point.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Last day of the college football regular season today. Sucks that the college season is ending. I significantly scale back my bets once the conference games come to an end. From my experience, the conf championships and bowl games are always tough.

My early session today I went big on SMU. Also have West Va, delaware (yep, 1-AA playoffs...I'm on the devlin express), and the flyers.

I love oregon, washington, and nevada later today.

I've given some money back the last few weeks. Still up a decent amount for the year, but my dream of a 5 figure season looks pretty far fetched at this point.

so far so good today. SMU didn't cover by a point, which sucked.

big plays on nevada and oregon put me up big going into the night games. went huge on jake locker. small play on Scar not looking so good. I'm also on FSU, UConn, and Nebraska tonight...Hawaii as the nightcap.

college football is the best
  • Options
    wish I would have known that ponder was out.

fuckin A
  • Options
    Great day saturday, great start to sunday.

banged the pack and miami/cleveland under huge at 1. Also had minn, NYG, KC, and Tenn. Love the four digit sessions.

riding with the indy/dallas under and seattle/carolina under big...also have oakland (yep, I bet against the team I took in my suicide pool), atlanta, and arizona.

I love gettting paid to watch football. It doesn't get much better than this
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,469
    The Fixer wrote:
    Great day saturday, great start to sunday.

banged the pack and miami/cleveland under huge at 1. Also had minn, NYG, KC, and Tenn. Love the four digit sessions.

riding with the indy/dallas under and seattle/carolina under big...also have oakland (yep, I bet against the team I took in my suicide pool), atlanta, and arizona.

I love gettting paid to watch football. It doesn't get much better than this

i hear ya :mrgreen:

mixed bag with the 1's. won big with chi-town (bought a point). gave some back on kc. got the rams and a sqwuaks/over in the cowboys game teaser for the 4's

haven't had losing weekend since september. looking to keep the streak alive...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a big believer in buying half points. Nothing worse than losing on the hook. I had detroit small...they got fucked by the refs again. that penalty on suh was atrocious.

Man, SD is getting worked. Looks like I'm out of the suicide pool. oh well
  • Options
    yeah late games :thumbup: too easy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yeah late games :thumbup: too easy!

I gave some money back at 4:00. Bought a half point last night, so pitt +3.5 was a winner. still can't believe they won that game. their offense did nothing all night.

Won 1500 for the week. Kinda disappointing after a great saturday and 1:00 session on sunday. Still an outside shot at a 5 digit year, though it's gonna be tough without college football conference games
  • Options
    nothing like the ol' monday night parlay to keep the streak alive.

let it be known: the jeagler owns monday nights.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Me and you are complete opposites. I suck on MNF. Ashamed to admit that I took the jets (small play, didn't really like the game).

It's never good when you start rooting AGAINST the team you bet on with 10 mins left in the 3rd qtr

Do you have one of those teams that no matter what you do, you always seem to lose that team's games when you bet on or against them? Well, I do and the jets are that team. I hate them. I think I'm like 3-7 betting on their games this year (wins on thanksgiving, the detroit OT game, and the game GB shut them out). yes, that's all off the top of my head...it's amazing how much more about sports you remember when you gamble
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Me and you are complete opposites. I suck on MNF. Ashamed to admit that I took the jets (small play, didn't really like the game).

It's never good when you start rooting AGAINST the team you bet on with 10 mins left in the 3rd qtr

Do you have one of those teams that no matter what you do, you always seem to lose that team's games when you bet on or against them? Well, I do and the jets are that team. I hate them. I think I'm like 3-7 betting on their games this year (wins on thanksgiving, the detroit OT game, and the game GB shut them out). yes, that's all off the top of my head...it's amazing how much more about sports you remember when you gamble

stoney case.

one year in college stoney case was the ravens quarterback. for some reason i bet on a bunch of ravens games that year and f#cking stoney case would find some weird way to prevent me from covering. this happened like 5 times. i think one game he purposely took a saftey by running into the back of the end zone. i forget the situation in the game....but shit like that happened all year with him. i hate stoney case.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

stoney case.

one year in college stoney case was the ravens quarterback. for some reason i bet on a bunch of ravens games that year and f#cking stoney case would find some weird way to prevent me from covering. this happened like 5 times. i think one game he purposely took a saftey by running into the back of the end zone. i forget the situation in the game....but shit like that happened all year with him. i hate stoney case.

that's pretty funny. one of my buddies is this way with jay cutler. cutler has cost him money in fantasy football on multiple occasions (think he got him negative points in a playoff game one year) and whenever he bets on a game where cutler is involved, he loses. doesn't matter if he bets on or against the guy, he is somehow getting screwed.

yes, he had the eagles vs the bears. he got berated for that move.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
  • Options
    Gotta love the backdoor action (BDA) on the last play of the game. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Gotta love the backdoor action (BDA) on the last play of the game. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

hahaha--nice. i would've had the titans but laid off. what a finish :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

when they sent bironas out on 2nd down with 20 seconds left I was screaming NOOOOOOOOO. Fisher must have heard me because he called him back. Didn't have a big bet tonight, but it's nice to have a little cushion going into sunday.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

when they sent bironas out on 2nd down with 20 seconds left I was screaming NOOOOOOOOO. Fisher must have heard me because he called him back. Didn't have a big bet tonight, but it's nice to have a little cushion going into sunday.

my douche manager picked the colts in our pick em pool at work. guy knows nothing but claims to know everything. it was nice to see the 'ol backdoor. not looking forward to him describing it tomorrow morning though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

my douche manager picked the colts in our pick em pool at work. guy knows nothing but claims to know everything. it was nice to see the 'ol backdoor. not looking forward to him describing it tomorrow morning though.

oh man...hopefully you're beating him for the season.

I ended up putting a nice sized wager on PSU yesterday. They were plus 7.5 and I bought them up to 8. I liked them before the Urban Meyer news. Once I heard about that I jumped all over PSU. I have learned to love my bookie's online site...so much easier.

9 days until the bowls finally start.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    The Fixer wrote:

Not here! F you Kerry Collins and your stupid TD pass that didn't matter as time expired! Also F U Kerry Collins for not throwing the ball down field and checking down to CJ allowing him to rack up more points against me in fantasy football. Not a good night for football.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

oh man...hopefully you're beating him for the season.

I ended up putting a nice sized wager on PSU yesterday. They were plus 7.5 and I bought them up to 8. I liked them before the Urban Meyer news. Once I heard about that I jumped all over PSU. I have learned to love my bookie's online site...so much easier.

9 days until the bowls finally start.

8 seems like a good number....

of course he said he originally wanted to lock in the colts when the line was -1.......as if the line was ever -1. i don't think it was anywhere near that. total and complete douche this guy is....and i sit about 3 feet away from him. good times.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bill simmons is pretty much a tool, but this is great. jeff fisher is now my 2nd favorite head coach, after andy reid

I picked the Colts -3.5 Thursday night. Easy money. They were leading 21-0 in the second quarter, got bored and allowed Tennessee to hang around and hang around … leading to the most indefensible backdoor cover in recent football history. Trailing by nine points in the final minute, Tennessee got a first down inside Indy's 25, but embattled Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher -- who apparently has never played a video game in his life -- eschewed the exceedingly logical field goal/onsides kick/Hail Mary blueprint and kept charging toward the end zone. And all that persistence paid off: Kerry Collins tossed a touchdown pass to Bo Scaife to pull the Titans within two. One problem: There was 0:00 left on the clock. THEY WASTED THE ENTIRE MINUTE TRYING TO SCORE A MEANINGLESS TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, the situation demanded all caps.) How do these guys get paid to coach for a living when 10-year-olds holding a Wii controller are more logical in the same situation???
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Not here! F you Kerry Collins and your stupid TD pass that didn't matter as time expired! Also F U Kerry Collins for not throwing the ball down field and checking down to CJ allowing him to rack up more points against me in fantasy football. Not a good night for football.

i'm torn on CJ. on one hand, he delivered big points for me in one league, on the other, he killed me in my other league
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    bill simmons is pretty much a tool, but this is great. jeff fisher is now my 2nd favorite head coach, after andy reid

I picked the Colts -3.5 Thursday night. Easy money. They were leading 21-0 in the second quarter, got bored and allowed Tennessee to hang around and hang around … leading to the most indefensible backdoor cover in recent football history. Trailing by nine points in the final minute, Tennessee got a first down inside Indy's 25, but embattled Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher -- who apparently has never played a video game in his life -- eschewed the exceedingly logical field goal/onsides kick/Hail Mary blueprint and kept charging toward the end zone. And all that persistence paid off: Kerry Collins tossed a touchdown pass to Bo Scaife to pull the Titans within two. One problem: There was 0:00 left on the clock. THEY WASTED THE ENTIRE MINUTE TRYING TO SCORE A MEANINGLESS TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, the situation demanded all caps.) How do these guys get paid to coach for a living when 10-year-olds holding a Wii controller are more logical in the same situation???

that's awesome.

simmons has actually been money with his picks this year. i posted in the other thread that he just broke into hte top 25 in the super hilton contest
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

that's awesome.

simmons has actually been money with his picks this year. i posted in the other thread that he just broke into hte top 25 in the super hilton contest

you must read chad millman's blog
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that's awesome.

you must read chad millman's blog

indeed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the fixer hit the sauce a little too hard last night. don't even remember putting in a small $100 bet on gonzaga plus 8.5. gotta love that little surprise the day after.

Big bet today is atlanta/carolina under. I also have oakland, gb, and tampa. small bet on cleveland. I like the 4:00 games a lot more than the 1's. I would have been on minnesota if that game was being played today.

good luck today. I really miss college football. Sucks going into sunday without the usual large cushion from the college games.
  • Options
    rodgers out with a concussion. just increased my bet on that game and took detroit at a pick in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    let the record show that if i ever encounter jake delhomme at some point in my life, i will beat him mercilessly with an aluminum baseball bat.

actually, the same should be done to me to ever think he could cover a game against the bills. what a worthless pile of dog poop.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    let the record show that if i ever encounter jake delhomme at some point in my life, i will beat him mercilessly with an aluminum baseball bat.

actually, the same should be done to me to ever think he could cover a game against the bills. what a worthless pile of dog poop.
    hehehehehehe

There is always Monday Night!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....