Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Took the flyers tonight (real small bet)...they just tied it up with 15 seconds left :thumbup:

Also took SF money line in 2nd half (-110).

Next hour should be interesting
    aaaaaaand, that was easy

the fixer is on fire folks
  • The Fixer wrote:
    aaaaaaand, that was easy

Who do you like tonight? I'll ride your hot streak...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dude, you bought two points off a key number??? You gotta be laying close to 200 @ -5. That is crazy if you ask me.
    I agree...buying from +3 to + 5 is overkill, buy to +3.5 maybe, but thats it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited December 2011
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dude, you bought two points off a key number??? You gotta be laying close to 200 @ -5. That is crazy if you ask me.
    I agree...buying from +3 to + 5 is overkill, buy to +3.5 maybe, but thats it.

for me to buy off of three (either way) it costs me -130 for each half point. so to buy two points would have been more than -200, which is insane. That;s why I played the ML at -150 last night.

and yeah, what's the difference between getting 4 and 5? same difference most of the time
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:
    aaaaaaand, that was easy

Who do you like tonight? I'll ride your hot streak...

leaning towards taking marshall with the points. don't like this game much at all though. Tiny bet for me tonight
    I layed 4.5 with FIU.
    Should have the crowd on their side, just seem to be the better team.

Also took Charleston +17.5 vs Rick Pitino's 15 seconds of shame in hoops.
    Poncier wrote:
    I layed 4.5 with FIU.
    Should have the crowd on their side, just seem to be the better team.

Also took Charleston +17.5 vs Rick Pitino's 15 seconds of shame in hoops.

I am not going to pretend to know a lot about either team. I know mario cristobal (FIU coach) has been rumored to a few jobs (PSU, miami--assuming golden leaves for PSU). He's done a great job building that program. TY Hilton is an NFL WR. Carroll, the FIU QB, is a miss st transfer who has a decent arm.

Marshall is young. They start a frosh qb. I know they had a strong finish to their season to get bowl eligibility.

I was thinking marshall or the over. I don't like the game at all.

I haven't started with college hoops yet. I like to wait until the conference games start.

Good luck with whatever you guys go with tonight.
    marshall hooked it up last night. what's everyone playing tonight? Another game I don't really like tonight
  • The Fixer wrote:
    marshall hooked it up last night. what's everyone playing tonight? Another game I don't really like tonight

Laid off that game last night.

I love the Blackhawks tonight. Really tough loss against the Pens last night....Toews was so pissed that he didn't even talk to the media which is unheard of for him. They're coming out strong tonight.
    The Fixer wrote:

Laid off that game last night.

I love the Blackhawks tonight. Really tough loss against the Pens last night....Toews was so pissed that he didn't even talk to the media which is unheard of for him. They're coming out strong tonight.

good enough for me. especially since they are playing the gay habs. -200 = small bet.

I'm leaning towards taking the points again tonight. TCU obviously the more talented team, but they are not as good as they have been in past years. I think they will have a tough time getting up for a lower tier bowl. Especially since they move to a power conference next season.

Also, if you guys are betting online, I love the over tomorrow night.
    La Tech +10...bought the half point (medium bet)
    flyers -120 (small)
    blackhawks -200 (small)

hopefully the winning streak continues
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers -120 (small)
    blackhawks -200 (small)

bang
    bang
    bang

4-0-1 in bowl games. Jump on the over tomorrow.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers -120 (small)
    blackhawks -200 (small)

bang
    bang
    bang

The Fixer is on fire.

I took the Blackhawks on the puck line at +155. Nice winner.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers -120 (small)
    blackhawks -200 (small)

bang
    bang
    bang

The Fixer is on fire.

was a little worried at halftime then we get a 49 point 2nd half...loved the three TDs in the first 2 mins of the 4th qtr. I went huge on tonights game.

GREAT SUCCESS!!

Thanks for the hawks last night.
    The Fixer is on fire.

I parlayed the Hawks and Sharks on puck lines Wed night... nice 7-1 payout.

Had the Colts +7.5 last night, TJ Yates is finally catching up to Houston, they'll be one and done in the playoffs, ousted by the Jets on their home field.

And propped the longest TD in the Boise game to be over 63.5 yards...game opened with a 100yd kick return TD and I had the bet won 12 seconds in.

If only Pekka Rinne hadn't given up 4 1st period goals, had Nashville puck line in a parlay with Rangers and Winnipeg, fell 1 goal short of a monster hit.
  • Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer is on fire.

I parlayed the Hawks and Sharks on puck lines Wed night... nice 7-1 payout.

Had the Colts +7.5 last night, TJ Yates is finally catching up to Houston, they'll be one and done in the playoffs, ousted by the Jets on their home field.

The puck line is fun when you hit a parlay like that. It's brutal when your team only wins by 1 though.

Yep, that whole rookie 3rd string QB thing is starting to show itself w/ Houston. That's a shame because they had a really nice looking team this year. I thought they had a great shot at the super bowl w/ Schaub.
    The puck line is fun when you hit a parlay like that. It's brutal when your team only wins by 1 though.

Check out my edited and expanded post above.

But I love hitting the puck line on an empty netter, which happens fairly often.
  • Poncier wrote:

Check out my edited and expanded post above.

But I love hitting the puck line on an empty netter, which happens fairly often.

Yeah, that's awful.

Hitting the puck line or the over on an empty netter is always a nice thing. Empty netter hit the over on the Blackhawks-Canadiens the other night.
    I agree that houston will probably lose in round 1. If they are getting points at home I could see myself betting on them though (depending on who they draw). The afc is horrible, not like their game will be completely unwinnable.

Sucks there is no football tonight. What hockey games are you guys looking at? Only game that jumped out at me was tampa. I have no reason...other than the flyers I'm a pretty casual NHL fan until playoffs.

Also, is it me or do the chicago bulls look like too easy of a play as a pick em on xmas day???
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Sucks there is no football tonight. What hockey games are you guys looking at? Only game that jumped out at me was tampa. I have no reason...other than the flyers I'm a pretty casual NHL fan until playoffs.

Also, is it me or do the chicago bulls look like too easy of a play as a pick em on xmas day???

Seems weird that there is no football on tonight....especially with all of these horseshit bowl games there are. You'd think they would want these games on weekends as opposed to weeknights.

Same with me on the NHL. I'll bet on the Blackhawks if I have a hunch since I follow them closely. But other than that I dont know enough about the rest of the NHL to bet regularly.

I'm thinking the same exact thing with the Bulls on Christmas...I mean, have you seen that Lakers roster?? Plus Kobe is hurt. That seems way too easy...
    The Fixer wrote:
    What hockey games are you guys looking at? Only game that jumped out at me was tampa. I have no reason...other than the flyers I'm a pretty casual NHL fan until playoffs.

???
    At a glance I like Dallas. Nashville on a back to back.
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    What hockey games are you guys looking at? Only game that jumped out at me was tampa. I have no reason...other than the flyers I'm a pretty casual NHL fan until playoffs.

???
    At a glance I like Dallas. Nashville on a back to back.

sweet. probably the stars first game since the flyers whipped them on national tv as well.

I'm on board, thanks...
    all NHL tonight

dallas (medium)...dallas coming off 5-1 ass kicking on natnl tv, nash 2nd night of b2b
    philly (small)...nyr on 2nd night of b2b
    pitt (small)...winnipeg 2nd night of b2b
    tb (small)...tb coming off a 7-2 ass whipping
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    how about NFL tomorrow.....really like San Diego...my book has them at +3.......whaddaya think and Packers minus whatever.
    Sawyer wrote:
    how about NFL tomorrow.....really like San Diego...my book has them at +3.......whaddaya think and Packers minus whatever.

keep forgetting there are nfl games tomorrow. I will do my research and post my plays tonight
    Sawyer wrote:
    I like SD also. The only thing that worries me is they play at 4:05 and Denver plays at 1, if Denver beats Buffalo, SD is eliminated from the division and may be deflated.
    didn't break the bank yesterday, but it was another winning night thanks to the stars and pens. Took my hockey winnings and threw them on the Long Beach St 2nd half hoops line (-3...easy win). Hoping to stay hot...here's what i'm rolling with at 1

Denver moneyline (big)
    Cincy -4 (medium)
    Carolina -7 (medium)
    Washington -7 (medium)
    miami +10 (small)
    oakland +3 (small)
    nyjets moneyline (small)

Probably too many faves today, so we'll see. I'm leaning towards detroit and philly at 4 (depending on what happens in other games). Every time the jets score I will probably add money to an eagles bet. Same with Detroit if oakland and denver win (I think they both will). I will probably take sf too, even though it's a terrible spot for them coming off of a big win on MNF and going on the road. I am blindly loyal to SF...I love the way that team plays.

I like Southern Miss a little bit in the bowl game tonight. I think they blow out nevada. Something like 52-24

good luck everyone
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    The Fixer wrote:
    didn't break the bank yesterday, but it was another winning night thanks to the stars and pens. Took my hockey winnings and threw them on the Long Beach St 2nd half hoops line (-3...easy win). Hoping to stay hot...here's what i'm rolling with at 1

Denver moneyline (big)
    Cincy -4 (medium)
    Carolina -7 (medium)
    Washington -7 (medium)
    miami +10 (small)
    oakland +3 (small)
    nyjets moneyline (small)

Probably too many faves today, so we'll see. I'm leaning towards detroit and philly at 4 (depending on what happens in other games). Every time the jets score I will probably add money to an eagles bet. Same with Detroit if oakland and denver win (I think they both will). I will probably take sf too, even though it's a terrible spot for them coming off of a big win on MNF and going on the road. I am blindly loyal to SF...I love the way that team plays.

I like Southern Miss a little bit in the bowl game tonight. I think they blow out nevada. Something like 52-24

good luck everyone

damn...like the Giants at +3 a lot....however, with you on Detroit....too much Bolt love
    Sawyer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Denver moneyline (big)
    Cincy -4 (medium)
    Carolina -7 (medium)
    Washington -7 (medium)
    miami +10 (small)
    oakland +3 (small)
    nyjets moneyline (small)

good luck everyone

damn...like the Giants at +3 a lot....however, with you on Detroit....too much Bolt love

didn't bet a lot on the jets/giant game. I'm a biased eagles fan hoping for a jet W in that one. Just threw a few bucks on jets to enhance my rooting interest. I hate putting money on mole sanchez