Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just dropped a hammer on nebraska -3.5. I think that line is going to skyrocket

and the line is moving in the wrong direction. went up to 4 last night, now down to 3. sonnofa

Some players are saying they're gonna play for JoePa on Saturday...it probably has some folks thinking they can use the situation as a rallying point....I think they'll come out fired up, but it won't last past the first quarter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just dropped a hammer on nebraska -3.5. I think that line is going to skyrocket

and the line is moving in the wrong direction. went up to 4 last night, now down to 3. sonnofa

Some players are saying they're gonna play for JoePa on Saturday...it probably has some folks thinking they can use the situation as a rallying point....I think they'll come out fired up, but it won't last past the first quarter.

I just didn't see how the team would be able to focus with all this crap going on. But nebraska does suck.

Nice, Central Michigan with some back door action (BDA).
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I just didn't see how the team would be able to focus with all this crap going on. But nebraska does suck.

Love the back door cover.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

NE isn't as good as we thought they would be, but they are far from suck (see Indiana)

i was thinking...you have PSU coming out to win one for the gipper, do you have NE coming in trying to kick the shit out of molest U?

just a thought.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

NE isn't as good as we thought they would be, but they are far from suck (see Indiana)

i was thinking...you have PSU coming out to win one for the gipper, do you have NE coming in trying to kick the shit out of molest U?

just a thought.

I love Nebraska this weekend. They gotta be pissed after last week's brutal showing against Northwestern. Combine that with the mess at PSU all week....I'm going Huskers.
    The Fixer wrote:

Love the back door cover.

yeah, that blew up in my face 5 minutes after made that post. ohio scored a garbage TD with 2 mins left (50 yard run by a white RB :roll: )

Still a good night as a won my two big games.
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just a thought.

I love Nebraska this weekend. They gotta be pissed after last week's brutal showing against Northwestern. Combine that with the mess at PSU all week....I'm going Huskers.

Honestly I think both of those teams suck. I don't know how the PSU players/coaches can be focused though. Hopefully nebraska blows them out
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Honestly I think both of those teams suck. I don't know how the PSU players/coaches can be focused though. Hopefully nebraska blows them out

Yeah, no way that team is focused this week....that whole thing is a fucking mess.

Do you bet online or do you have a guy? This is usually the time of year when fantasy football doesnt cut it anymore and I deposit in my online account, but I don't think any of them are accepting money from people in the US anymore..
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, no way that team is focused this week....that whole thing is a fucking mess.

Do you bet online or do you have a guy? This is usually the time of year when fantasy football doesnt cut it anymore and I deposit in my online account, but I don't think any of them are accepting money from people in the US anymore..

My bookie is actually online. It's good and bad (can be wayyy too easy to get bets in).
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

My bookie is actually online. It's good and bad (can be wayyy too easy to get bets in).

Yeah, one of my friends has a setup like that. Very tempted to open up an account, but not sure how that would go over with the fiance since we are trying to save for our wedding.

By the way, I should have bet my fucking life on Nebraska today.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Pacquiao or Marquez...who you got?
    I got over 10.5 rounds.
    Took a bit of a hit this weekend. PSU was my big game in the noon session on saturday. I had the brilliant idea of jumping on the 3.5 when the shit hit the fan early in the week (I have been buying half points all year. Didn't want to pay the -150 on a big bet...stupid, stupiid, stupid, stupid). by kickoff line was down to 2. you know the rest. not good times. chased money rest of day on satuday. stan/oregon over big helped out late, but another weak saturday for me.

sunday had the eagles as my big bet at 1. same story as saturday. pats/jets over last night minimized damage, but I ended up in the red this weekend.

worst year I've had since 2003 when I lost a small fortune during that infamous weekend in new orleans (most of which I don't remember).

anyway, I'm on GB small tonight. I don't like game much. I could see AP going crazy.
    what's everyone like tonight?? I'm checking out the games now. Saw the jets were only laying 5. THat seems like a sucker bet. Might have to go with the Bible Thumpers

Southern Miss -23 (Huge bet)
    Ny/Denver Under 40 (avg bet)
    Va Tech -9 (small bet). I hate VT games. I almost always lose when I play their games, regardless of betting on/against them.
    I see Jets laying 6.5...5 was opening line.
    Like the under in that one as well. Offensive ineptitude abounds tonight.
    Poncier wrote:
    I see Jets laying 6.5...5 was opening line.
    Like the under in that one as well. Offensive ineptitude abounds tonight.

yeah, I had 6 in that game. I could see denver winning outright, the jets suck. Hopefully its a 3-0 final

Southern Miss, that's how you start. Keep scoring boys!!!!!!!!
    toledo -15 small
    ok st over 69 big

need to recoop what I lost last night. VT screwing me at the end was the least surprising outcome of all time.
    that loss hurt.

I usually play tons of home dogs in conference (HDICs). I have bet like a jack ass this year.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    cover city is lovely this time of year.
    www.myspace.com
    Browns were my big game today. Sweat that one out. Only up a litlte bit after yesterday and today. Another blah weekend.

I have the eagles plus six tonight. I think they win outright.
    didn't like the game at all tonight. was trying to decide between NE -17 or Under 46. took the pats (small). kicking myself right now.

NE isn't good enough to be giving double digits to anyone. Not even Tyler Palko

Ah, there you go Palko. Cough one up for me
    cover city is lovely this time of year.

stayed an extra night. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    i might give up.... :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

bet the house on wisconsin this weekend

I have the flyers -160 tonight. medium bet...just an appetizer for tomorrow. already bought GB down to -6
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have the flyers -160 tonight. medium bet...just an appetizer for tomorrow. already bought GB down to -6
    Played the Flyers/Isles game at +315 to end in a draw.

Always wanted to take a night with a lot of NHL action and bet every game to go into overtime on the 3 way and see what happens. Wish I had done it tonight, 9 of 13 games are complete and 6 went to OT...all +280 or higher, would have been a tidy profit regardless of the outcome of the remaining 4 games.
    And Dallas scores with 20 seconds left to take LA to OT...that's 7 out of 10 with 3 still in progress.

Who do we like on Turkey Day?
    GB/Det looks like a sure over, but 56 is a big number.
    The Fixer wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

bet the house on wisconsin this weekend

I hope you took my advice. That was the lock of the year.

I am killing it today. Absolutely murdering my bookie. These are the kind of Saturdays that I'm used to.

I had Wisconsin, Stanford, Washington, and USC all huge
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Played the Flyers/Isles game at +315 to end in a draw.

Always wanted to take a night with a lot of NHL action and bet every game to go into overtime on the 3 way and see what happens. Wish I had done it tonight, 9 of 13 games are complete and 6 went to OT...all +280 or higher, would have been a tidy profit regardless of the outcome of the remaining 4 games.

That's crazy. Have you ever heard of the grand salami? It's an over/under on goals scored on all the games for the night. I have done it before (never for a lot of money...mainly because I'm bored). It's pretty cool, especially if you have the NHL package

Oh man, this dude Marquis Lee is a freshman for USC and he is a fucking beast

I love betting on college football. It might be my favorite thing to do in life. Absolutely love it
    perfect go at it with the 1's, including a 6 team teaser :thumbup: :mrgreen:

awesome day so far!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    That's crazy. Have you ever heard of the grand salami? It's an over/under on goals scored on all the games for the night. I have done it before (never for a lot of money...mainly because I'm bored). It's pretty cool, especially if you have the NHL package
    Yeah they have it for baseball also. I think I did t once a couple years ago for baseball.