Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    jesus man.. i have the under on arizona game. 61.5. this is getting annoying.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    megatron wrote:
    jesus man.. i have the under on arizona game. 61.5. this is getting annoying.
    That was one you had to have counted as a loss at halftime.
    The gambling gods were smiling on you in the 2nd half.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    better hop on the packers asap. that line keeps going up and up. just locked them in -5.5 (buying 2 pts)

aaaaaand the pack is -10 today

watch the vikings win outright. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    better hop on the packers asap. that line keeps going up and up. just locked them in -5.5 (buying 2 pts)

aaaaaand the pack is -10 today

watch the vikings win outright. :lol:

what a bunch of garbage. least i had them and the cowpokes in a pretty big tease. a 2nd half parlay with the pack and steelers ensured this guy stayed in the black today.

still, what a kick to the balls :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    oh fuck-- i'm so hammered i thought gb won by 5, they won by 6!

cover city!--woooo

i thought my website made a mistake for a minute hahahaha

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    bad day today....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    who would you pick in a suicide pool for next week? Debating between 3 teams

Dallas (can't stand them, but they are playing the Rams and were my first choice)

Baltimore (playing Jax, they should win easily)

Oakland (playing KC. It's in Oakland but division games scare me)

cowboys are going to crush the rams...then lose at the linc the following week. ;)

luckily went with my first instinct and picked the cowboys. Luckily i didn't go with my second and or third choice, The Ravens & Raiders :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    What an ugly game...wishing I had propped "no TD scored" at 30-1...still time, but wow what a shit game.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    I love central florida tonight. play them big and thank me tomorrow. I have them huge at -17

I also have small plays on arizona -5, stl/tex over 8, and the flyers -125.

central florida set the tone for the week (that was my college play of the week this week). I got smoked this weekend. Lost so much on saturday that I didn't even play the NFL games this week (I loved atlanta and cleveland...of course).

Things got so bad that I had hawaii first half line of -13.5. They score a TD with around 30 seconds left in 2nd qtr to go up 27-14 and the kicker misses a fucking extra point. Just a brutal day all around.

Time to regroup. I haven't had a week this bad in 5 years...that weekend included a drunken binge in New Orleans, so I had a viable excuse. Awful...just plain awful this week.
    Good night tonight. Needed it after last week.

Miami/Virginia over 48 BIGGG.
    Houston -28
    Houston -11 2nd half
    Texas Rangers +105 (pending, but only a small bet)

Also had the flyers tonight. ONly had 50 bucks on them, but that game was insane. Lost 100 bucks on a $50 bet, which sucked, but that game gave me 203 gambling rushes. almost worth it, but it reminded me why I don't bet on hockey til the playoffs (I have same rule for baseball).

Nice cushion going into the weekend.
    I had the over in the Flyers game...had to sweat that one out...Not!

Unfortunately also had Dallas.

Can't believe I decided to lay off over 71 in Houston/Rice due to rain and a high number...man.
    boom...only made 2 series bets this post season. and i went 2 for 2. had the tigers over the yanks. and now cards over rangers.

nice start to the weekend. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    today was pretty shitty. I fully expect 4 figure days on saturday. 2 in a row that didn't happen. I ended up 6 bills, but it came down to the last game of the night. disappointing performance leading into tomorrows god awful nfl crap games (god the Nfl sucks).

here is my drunken recap (not all bets included, just the hi and low lights)...

day started off well with well, even though I knew I had too many faves (I prefer dogs)...solid wins on nebraska (lock, so dumb not betting bigger on that), michigan, fsu, and marshall. lost my big bet on Tx AM, so I lost 60 bucks at noon.

afternoon was pretty blah...air force under 62 was cash followed by oregon having AIDS (also had oregon 2nd half...which was more AIDS)

the 330s kicked off with oklahoma as my big dog. started shaky, but cashed. psu under was the lock of the day. they couldn't score on my sisters college soccer team. ok st over 83 didn't pan out as RG3 and baylor didn't show up. after this session I was pretty much even

late afternoon started off well with central florida redeeming themselves for me at -30. the made up for their embarrassing performance last week in prime time (that's a fixer staple...you take the team that doesn't cover in prime time the week before...look for the ravens this week kids). hawaii sucked ass...and the wife drug me to a friends house for dinner, so this session took a hit (didn't get ASu in at 630...took tennessee, the simms kids all suck). not including the missed ASU winner I was up a little here, but nothing special.

looking at the slate today, the 800 games was where I was going to make my money. I LOOOVED the games tonight. Banged GT BIIIIG (my game of the day...always love the home dogs in conference and they ranked high with my personal theories), had the stanford/usc over, wisconsin, utep, and nevada. the stan over and gt were my big boys and I had the other plays medium size. loved the 800 slate. started slow, banged the usc/stand 2nd half over HUGE...also played the wisc over in 2nd half (how does that bom bomb get completed??? can't wait to bet against OSU next week, even if they play minnesota). did ok at 8...still teetering right around even (I bet big on games, so one game can make or break my night).

late games are coming (seemed like less games today than most saturdays). was gonna take wyoming, as I think their frosh qb is solid, but passed. of course they got ou tot a big lead and I threw a small $100 bet on them plus 12 for second half. wash/arz was the late game and I had wash lined up all week. gotta have a late game to go to at the end of the night incase you need to chase or go for the jugular. banged washington HUGGGGGGGGGGE. close game at half and they were only -3 @ +105 for 2nd half. I knew I had the right side in the game so I pulled trigger and went big again (washington had some fluky turnovers they got in first half...especially some cheesedick 90 yard deflected pick six). keith price and especially chris polk are no joke and they pulled it out. cha ching for the fixer.

nfl games stink...I like tenn/indy under and baltimore at 1. detroit, buffalo, and cleveland at 4...eagles at 8.

good luck...I can't wait for saturday. if you missed the luck/barkley battle, you missed out
    games I like a lot tomorrow...

Florida
    Miami
    Oklahoma/A&M Over
    Wisconsin
    East Carolina
    Arkansas
    San Diego State
    Washington (I think they win outright. I will be playing them straight and on the money line)

I can't wait for noon. USC needs to finish the job tonight...-21 for game, -8 2nd half
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    Only good thing about the Giants winning was that it knocked out a few people in the suicide pool i'm in :-|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    81 will be proud of me. Have toledo -12 big tonight.

Also have Northern Illinois again. I love betting on them. Chandler Harnish is the man
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

Also have Northern Illinois again. I love betting on them. Chandler Harnish is the man

Toledo blows. we have the worst fans in all of college football :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Toledo blows. we have the worst fans in all of college football :(

they are actually pretty good this year.

Page needs to hold onto the ball. Supposed to be their best player...not looking like it tonight
    They have been decent....should have handled NIU last week. :x

I hate that that friggen check with me spread bullshit they run.

Page is going to play on Sundays.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    They have been decent....should have handled NIU last week. :x

I hate that that friggen check with me spread bullshit they run.

Page is going to play on Sundays.

I had NIU plus 9 in that one. I loved the 2 kickoff returns in the first qtr :D . NIU is one of my favorite teams to bet on this year.

I don't think page is an NFL guy. He's a midget

Adonis Thomas looks like he's 32 years old. He's good too.

Damn, nice run there. Keep those coming por favor
    anouther week, anouther MAC scoring record :roll:

this sort of football is unwatchable. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    anouther week, anouther MAC scoring record :roll:

this sort of football is unwatchable. :?

If you don't like scoring, might I suggest Browns/Rams Sunday at 1pm
    i like scoring, but i also like defense.

there will be college basketball games with fewer points scored than this "football" game.

just aweful to watch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:

there will be college basketball games with fewer points scored than this "football" game.

just aweful to watch

I agree. I'm not sure when the quality of play in college football has essentially turned into high school ball, but it's pretty sad. I'm tired of watching gimmick offenses and piss poor defense. Thank God College hoops is starting. OSU Vs my alma mater Friday night! :thumbup:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

just aweful to watch

I agree. I'm not sure when the quality of play in college football has essentially turned into high school ball, but it's pretty sad. I'm tired of watching gimmick offenses and piss poor defense. Thank God College hoops is starting. OSU Vs my alma mater Friday night! :thumbup:

more must see tv. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

just aweful to watch

There was a pretty big game on saturday night that featured great defense. I'm sure you heard about it since it dominated the sports world for the last 2 weeks.

I love the diversity of college football team styles
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

just aweful to watch

There was a pretty big game on saturday night that featured great defense. I'm sure you heard about it since it dominated the sports world for the last 2 weeks.

I love the diversity of college football team styles

:lol: hadn't heard...i was watching ND/Wafe Forrest :? :lol:

don't get me wrong, i like the different styles/offenses/defenese....but i can't stand watching a football game with ZERO defense. really, how do you score 66 points and have 7 turnover?

it's just wrong on so many levels.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Just dropped a hammer on nebraska -3.5. I think that line is going to skyrocket
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just dropped a hammer on nebraska -3.5. I think that line is going to skyrocket

and the line is moving in the wrong direction. went up to 4 last night, now down to 3. sonnofa

Tonight's winners

Houston -34 (big)
    GT/VT over 49 (big)
    Cent Mich +9 (small)
    GT +100 ML (small)
    SD -7 (small...I will probably watch 5 minutes of this crap game)

need to recoop some money after monday nights disaster play on the eagles