Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    That's crazy. Have you ever heard of the grand salami? It's an over/under on goals scored on all the games for the night. I have done it before (never for a lot of money...mainly because I'm bored). It's pretty cool, especially if you have the NHL package
    Yeah they have it for baseball also. I think I did t once a couple years ago for baseball.

yeah. doing it for baseball is better IMO. you can make up runs in a hurry if a team has a huge 8th or 9th inning.

Looking forward to the conf title games this weekend. Unfortunately I like most of the faves.

Wisconsin is probably my favorite game. I think they drill an overrated MSU team. I think oregon covers the big number. Not a title game, but I think BYU destroys a shitty, point shaving hawaii team. BYU has come on this year. If the lefty QB Nelson is playing (he had concussion issues the last few weeks) and not Heaps...I am betting BYU huge.

Only dog I like are ohio to beat N Illinois. I love chandler harnish, but that No Ill coach is a dipshit. their play calling is atrocious. I think VT, OK St, LSU, and baylor all cover. Case Keenum has won me a lot of money over the years, but I'm on the fence in that game. I could see Southern Miss hanging with houston and potentially winning outright. Leaning towards the over in that one. I would also consider taking boise laying the 48 against NM, who might be the worst team in D-1 (boise needs the style points).

My big bets will be BYU (huge bet if nelson starts), oregon, and wisconsin. possibly ohio as I have faith in mickey tettleton's son.
    All medium sized bets tonight

West Va -2
    Philly -3
    Pitt Penguins -120
    The Fixer wrote:
    All medium sized bets tonight

West Va -2
    Philly -3
    Pitt Penguins -120

Stedman Bailey, I love you. That game was awesome.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    That's crazy. Have you ever heard of the grand salami? It's an over/under on goals scored on all the games for the night. I have done it before (never for a lot of money...mainly because I'm bored). It's pretty cool, especially if you have the NHL package
    Yeah they have it for baseball also. I think I did t once a couple years ago for baseball.

yeah. doing it for baseball is better IMO. you can make up runs in a hurry if a team has a huge 8th or 9th inning.

Looking forward to the conf title games this weekend. Unfortunately I like most of the faves.

Wisconsin is probably my favorite game. I think they drill an overrated MSU team. I think oregon covers the big number. Not a title game, but I think BYU destroys a shitty, point shaving hawaii team. BYU has come on this year. If the lefty QB Nelson is playing (he had concussion issues the last few weeks) and not Heaps...I am betting BYU huge.

Only dog I like are ohio to beat N Illinois. I love chandler harnish, but that No Ill coach is a dipshit. their play calling is atrocious. I think VT, OK St, LSU, and baylor all cover. Case Keenum has won me a lot of money over the years, but I'm on the fence in that game. I could see Southern Miss hanging with houston and potentially winning outright. Leaning towards the over in that one. I would also consider taking boise laying the 48 against NM, who might be the worst team in D-1 (boise needs the style points).

My big bets will be BYU (huge bet if nelson starts), oregon, and wisconsin. possibly ohio as I have faith in mickey tettleton's son.

pretty good weekend.

Only losses were boise, oregon, and wisconsin (tied with BYU for my biggest plays of weekend). I even had clemson (backed off VT...hate taking them laying points), pitt, and cincy.

can't wait for the bowl games to start
    first glance at bowl games here are my favorites...

arkansas -7.5 k st (Huge bet)
    Stanford +3.5 Ok st (Huge bet)
    Ohio St +2 Florida (medium)
    Scar -2 nebraska (medium)
    georgia -3.5 mich st (huge)
    auburn -1 virginia (medium)
    vandy -2.5 cincy (huge)
    GT -3.5 utah (medium)
    rutgers -2 iowa st (medium)
    washington/baylor Over 78.5 (huge)
    FSU -3 ND (medium)

Looking forward to bowl season. Sucks the college season is over. I'm already looking forward to september
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    i should stick to single bets rather then a parlay :roll:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

always. parlays are a waste of money. they significantly decrease your odds of winning.

Tenn +4 No (big...love the titans today)
    Atlanta - money line (small)
    cincy -2 (small)
    NE/Wash over 47 (small)
    Minn/Det over 47 (small)

god I miss college football
    The Fixer wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

always. parlays are a waste of money. they significantly decrease your odds of winning.

cincy -2 (small)
    NE/Wash over 47 (small)
    Minn/Det over 47 (small)

TJ Yates put it in my butt. Tough loss on Tenn...thought my boy Locker was going to hook me up.

Also had Over 23 in AZ/Carolina 2nd half. Oh well, lost some money at 1.

SF -4 (medium). Fucking refs screwed me on that fake FG. The NFL fucking blows.
    GB -12 (medium)
    SD/Buff Over 50 (medium)
    chicago +4 (small)
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    The Fixer wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

cincy -2 (small)
    NE/Wash over 47 (small)
    Minn/Det over 47 (small)

I shall do that from here on out! It is that one or two games i get wrong out of 6 to 7 teams picked.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

cincy -2 (small)
    NE/Wash over 47 (small)
    Minn/Det over 47 (small)

I shall do that from here on out! It is that one or two games i get wrong out of 6 to 7 teams picked.

yeah man...can be the difference between being even and down money

I had the giants huge on sunday night +5. Also had them in first half +3 and 2nd half on the ML at +135. Cleaned up, that game was unreal. Put me in the positive for the week. Then I laid most of what I was up on the under last night. 30 fucking points in the 2nd half...including a meaningless TD with 3 minutes left to put the game over. So I win 30 bucks for the week. Typical weekend in what has been a terrible year for me...compared to my last few years.

Bowls start on Thursday. Lets see if I can end things on a positive note.
    atlanta -13 tonight (small)
    Temple/Wyoming Under 53 (small)
    Ohio money line - even (medium)
    LA Lafayette +6 (small)

Love bowl season
    The Fixer wrote:
    LA Lafayette +6 (small)

Love bowl season

just realized I had under 52 in the temple game. TD with 3 seconds left, then wyoming goes for 2 and gets it so I push. son of a bitch. not a big bet, but pretty annoying

oh well, go ohio
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    LA Lafayette +6 (small)

Love bowl season

just realized I had under 52 in the temple game. TD with 3 seconds left, then wyoming goes for 2 and gets it so I push. son of a bitch. not a big bet, but pretty annoying

oh well, go ohio

Forgot there was an NFL game on last night. was able to get dallas -7 in right before kickoff. great day, 3-0-1.
    carolina +6 (big)
    cincy -7 (medium)
    wash +6 (medium)
    tenn/indy over 42 (small)
    gb -11 (small)
    no -8 (small)

not loving the games today
    GB 2nd half -10.5 (medium)

I love this shit
    NE line is sinking like a rock. Down from 9 to 7.5. I'm on the bible thumper plus 8.
    philly -3 (big)
    denver +8 (big)
    oakland/detroit over 48 (small)
    cleveland +7 (small)

lots of money to play with after the bowls yesterday and 1:00 games :thumbup:
    went big on over 44 tonight. come on boys, three more TDs
    The Fixer wrote:
    went big on over 44 tonight. come on boys, three more TDs

thank you torrey smith. great weekend...one of the best of the year for me

football every day this week. love it
    medium sized bet on SF moneyline -150.
  • The Fixer wrote:

I love the under tonight. SF just can't score TDs and Big Ben can barely walk. Although I really hate watching games when I bet the under....not fun at all.
    The Fixer wrote:

I love the under tonight. SF just can't score TDs and Big Ben can barely walk. Although I really hate watching games when I bet the under....not fun at all.

yeah, I considered the under as well. def not fun...had the under last monday. was looking good until seattle and stl decided to score 30 points in the 2nd half (including lynch's meaningless td with 3 mins left to put the game over). not good times.

I love the way this SF team plays. They are coming off of a loss and they are still battling with new orleans for a bye, so they need the game (I know pitt does too). I think SF wins at home.

I'm just happy that there is finally a decent MNF game. Their schedule has been atrocious this season.
  • The Fixer wrote:

I'm just happy that there is finally a decent MNF game. Their schedule has been atrocious this season.

Yeah, the Monday night schedule has been awful this season. Only a few decent games so far this season.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, the Monday night schedule has been awful this season. Only a few decent games so far this season.
    Since ABC gave up MNF and NBC took on SNF, the games have switched priorirty...remember when ESPN used to do the Sunday night games you'd get the shit matchups and MNF had the marquee game, now its reversed and MNF gets some lackluster matchups more often than not.

I went with SF -3 and propped no score in the last 2 minutes of the first half at 2-1 (did it before knowing the Big rapist was starting, but still these aren't the Saints and Packers, so hopefully no successful 2 minute drill).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:

Since ABC gave up MNF and NBC took on SNF, the games have switched priorirty...remember when ESPN used to do the Sunday night games you'd get the shit matchups and MNF had the marquee game, now its reversed and MNF gets some lackluster matchups more often than not.

I went with SF -3 and propped no score in the last 2 minutes of the first half at 2-1 (did it before knowing the Big rapist was starting, but still these aren't the Saints and Packers, so hopefully no successful 2 minute drill).

Yeah, SNF is the marquee matchup now....I like it better that way. I love watching the Sunday night NBC game.

I also went w/ SF at -3.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Poncier wrote:

Yeah, SNF is the marquee matchup now....I like it better that way. I love watching the Sunday night NBC game.

I also went w/ SF at -3.

i went the other way. bought 2 pts and took pitts +5. think its' gonna be close.

espn got murdered with their latest tv deal that they actually just re-upped. basically the old snf schedule and no playoff games. that part of the espn book was pretty interesting.
    www.myspace.com

• i went the other way. bought 2 pts and took pitts +5. think its' gonna be close.

espn got murdered with their latest tv deal that they actually just re-upped. basically the old snf schedule and no playoff games. that part of the espn book was pretty interesting.

Should be a tight game. If SF wins by 4, we'll both be happy.

That part of the espn book was crazy. Insane how much money they pay for the NFL....it is also insane how fucking long that book was.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Niners -2.5...bought the hook
    Poncier wrote:

I also went w/ SF at -3.

i went the other way. bought 2 pts and took pitts +5. think its' gonna be close.

Dude, you bought two points off a key number??? You gotta be laying close to 200 @ -5. That is crazy if you ask me.

I like the sunday night game being better becuase their broadcast is a million times better than the shit espn gives u on MNF