Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:

didn't bet a lot on the jets/giant game. I'm a biased eagles fan hoping for a jet W in that one. Just threw a few bucks on jets to enhance my rooting interest. I hate putting money on mole sanchez

Sanchez blows. I took the Giants on the money line. Also took the over in NE/MIA at 50 and KC at -2.5.

I love the Chargers this afternoon. Lions had a nice win last week, but they are still a very undisciplined team and I don't trust them.....the only reason they won last week was because they were playing the most undisciplined team in the league in the Raiders.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't bet a lot on the jets/giant game. I'm a biased eagles fan hoping for a jet W in that one. Just threw a few bucks on jets to enhance my rooting interest. I hate putting money on mole sanchez

Sanchez blows. I took the Giants on the money line. Also took the over in NE/MIA at 50 and KC at -2.5.

I love the Chargers this afternoon. Lions had a nice win last week, but they are still a very undisciplined team and I don't trust them.....the only reason they won last week was because they were playing the most undisciplined team in the league in the Raiders.

:yawn: Giants on 4th and 3 have 12 men on the field that leads to a TD? I have seen this movie before and I am on the wrong side...Sawyer shakes head.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Sawyer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

:yawn: Giants on 4th and 3 have 12 men on the field that leads to a TD? I have seen this movie before and I am on the wrong side...Sawyer shakes head.

haha. cut to coughlin staring aimlessly towards the field :lol:

Love when coughlin does that.
  • The Fixer wrote:

haha. cut to coughlin staring aimlessly towards the field :lol:

Love when coughlin does that.

I love Coughlin. That guy is nuts.
    wow...Hakeem Nicks is just terrible today
    Sawyer wrote:
    wow...Hakeem Nicks is just terrible today

mike nugent as well. killin me
    2nd half bets...

denver -3 (small)
    washington -3.5 (medium)...I think minn goes in the tank to go for the #1 pick
    NE/miami over 23 (big)
    wow....how the ref can overturn that Jet fumble I will never know...no chance it was conclusive....I HATE THE CHALLENGE....WORST IMPLEMENTATION IN RECENT FOOTBALL HISTORY
    Sawyer wrote:
    wow....how the ref can overturn that Jet fumble I will never know...no chance it was conclusive....I HATE THE CHALLENGE....WORST IMPLEMENTATION IN RECENT FOOTBALL HISTORY

agree and agree. replay blows...I swear they have it just so they can show more commercials. they still get the calls wrong half the time
    sf -2 (big)
    philly -1 (big)
    sd/det over 53 (medium)
  • The Fixer wrote:
    sf -2 (big)
    philly -1 (big)
    sd/det over 53 (medium)

Took Philly big at -3....shouldnt have waited so long on that one. Chargers at a pick 'em too.

Nothing says Christmas like gambling on the NFL.
    I like Southern Miss at -7...way too much money on Nevada...blowout

Bulls -3 tomorrow
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pats -7.5 for the 2nd half yesterday was the lock of the century.

i went huge...but should've put my december commission check on it.

:thumbup:

merry xmas!
    www.myspace.com
    starting w/ Knicks -4
    Ill bite....Pack -12 BIG
    xmas eve was anti-climactic for me. stupid blocked punt by seattle resulted in a 9ers push. then had so miss huge -7...and so miss 2nd half -4 big. thanks to the 9ers special teams and the so miss kicker missing 2 fgs, I pushed all three of those plays. Could have been a huge day for me.

Yesterday I had boston +5, miami -4, and chicago -3. Hit on 2 of 3. On xmas eve I put in an enormous drunken bet on GB @ -11 (one of my biggest plays of the year and I didn't even remember putting it in :D ). Sweat that ending out last night, but all in all a great day yesterday. The winning streak continues.

Three solid weeks in a row now. 5-0-2 on bowl games. Looks like my bookie will be paying for my xmas gifts this year. and I'm planning a trip for my wedding anniversary in may that it looks like will be on him as well. I love this shit.

I am on UNC plus 5 (big). Leaning towards the over in the NFL game (small bet)
    Give me the Saints at -6
    Sawyer wrote:
    Give me the Saints at -6

I'm looking at 7 (-120 on NO, ATL is even) and 53.5

I'm not feeling this game. Both teams playing well.
    In the last hour the Missouri/UNC line dropped from 5 to 3.5. Damnit, should have put my bet in earlier. Bought the half point so I'm on the heels at plus 4.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Sawyer wrote:
    Give me the Saints at -6

i like the falcons tonight. also like the over.

been a solid year for me. shame it's almost over...
    www.myspace.com
    unc game was ugly. I'm on atlanta +7 (big bet)
    Philly +5 (medium)
    New Orleans +6 (small)
    Lakers -3 (small)
    chicago/g st over 191 (small)
    Western Mich +2 BIG....wrong team is favored here
    Sawyer wrote:

I like them a little bit as well. Not loving the game though.

When in doubt, bet against the big 10
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

whats your read on the NC ST/L'Ville game....a lot of play on the Wolfpack......I like L'Ville here
    Sawyer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

whats your read on the NC ST/L'Ville game....a lot of play on the Wolfpack......I like L'Ville here

Louisville's frosh qb, teddy bridgwater is going to be a beast. He only played the second half of the season for them, but he's going to be really, really good. Dual threat guy that can tuck it and fly or fire one 70 yards downfield. REst of their offense is limited though...they usually play conservatively on offense and rely on their defense to win games.

NC St's QB Glennon might have the strongest arm in college fb. He has a hand cannon...can be erratic with his throws though.

both teams have solid defenses. I love tom o'brien, the nc st coach. I give NC st a slight edge just based on him having a month to prep for the game (they finished the season strong as well...got better as the year went on).

I'm torn between NC ST and the under. Don't like NC ST laying points (even though line is only 2.5), so i think I'm going to play under 45.

Both of my bowl bets today will be small plays. Western Mich and Lou/NC ST under. I am saving my hammers for some of the other bowl games this week.
    first losing night in a while last night. time to get back on track

Western Mich, moneyline +125 (medium)
    st johns -2 (small)
    notre dame +2 (small)
    miami heat -9 (small)
    wow...western mich is terrible
    alright, time to get our shit together and get back on the plus side today. 2 losing days in a row, so I'm down a little bit for the week.

I like a lot of games today.

Toledo/AF OVER 70 -- bought the half point (big bet). Would have been a huge bet, but the 30-40 MPH wind gusts worry me a bit.

Philly 76ers -2 (big)
    Denver Nuggets -12 (medium)
    Ohio St -16 (small)
    Iowa +4 (medium)
    Cal/Texas UNDER 49 (medium)
    clippers +4 (small)

Will probably play a few other hoops games small. Im feeling good about today
    good day yesterday after loading up on NC ST (Thanks Fixer).....Got Air Force +4.......not sure either defense will stop the other but like the academy w/ the points.

.......leaning Cal tonight BIG and Blackhawks puck line