Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Sawyer wrote:
    good day yesterday after loading up on NC ST (Thanks Fixer).....Got Air Force +4.......not sure either defense will stop the other but like the academy w/ the points.

.......leaning Cal tonight BIG and Blackhawks puck line

the military acadamies are always good plays in bowl games. I remember reading something about them having a crazy record vs the spread in bowls. They are disciplined so they prepare and travel well for these bowls. I like AF with the points as well...I think they win outright. Hopefully both teams are in the 50's :D
  • Options
    only 50 each on these

west virginia -7
    louisville -6
    mich st -6

my theory is that all of these teams are home tonight. road teams will all be traveling/playing for first time since xmas, so they will have trouble getting back into their rhythm

gotta like the over hitting in the AF/toledo game before the end of the 3rd qtr. wish I put more on that.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    alright, time to get our shit together and get back on the plus side today. 2 losing days in a row, so I'm down a little bit for the week.

I like a lot of games today.

Toledo/AF OVER 70 -- bought the half point (big bet). Would have been a huge bet, but the 30-40 MPH wind gusts worry me a bit.

Philly 76ers -2 (big)
    Denver Nuggets -12 (medium)
    Ohio St -16 (small)
    Iowa +4 (medium)
    Cal/Texas UNDER 49 (medium)
    clippers +4 (small)

Will probably play a few other hoops games small. Im feeling good about today

KA-BOOM

Including a moneyline play on OK city and all of my college hoops plays, I went 9-2 yesterday (both losses were small bets). Great day.

Don't like as many games today as I did yesterday. I am on FSU -4 (medium) and Baylor/Wash over 80 (huge) today. Also like michigan laying the points in college hoops.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Nice day my man...tailed you on a few!

Opposite today...on the IRISH +4....good luck :P
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    The Fixer wrote:
    Baylor/Wash over 80 (huge) today. .
    That number is just cuckoo. With Baylor it could get there, but thats a scary total.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    That number is just cuckoo. With Baylor it could get there, but thats a scary total.

That total is insane! No matter who is playing, I just don't think I could bet an over that high.

Liking ND today at +4.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That total is insane! No matter who is playing, I just don't think I could bet an over that high.

Liking ND today at +4.

Hawks certainly shit the bed yesterday...was there...utter waste of money...haha
  • Options
    Got a semi-obscure NCAA hoops play I like...James (Oscar) Madison laying 8.5 to Rhode Island...neutral site game in Orlando, URI is 1-11 and just suspended their leading scorer.
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:

Hawks certainly shit the bed yesterday...was there...utter waste of money...haha

Yeah, that was a rough one. No matter how good a team is, there will always be games like that. At least the crowd gets loud during the anthem. :D
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:

Bastards cost me. Had them parlayed with the David Puddy Devils.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Got a semi-obscure NCAA hoops play I like...James (Oscar) Madison laying 8.5 to Rhode Island...neutral site game in Orlando, URI is 1-11 and just suspended their leading scorer.

:)
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

:)

I had the line at 7.5, so I bought it down to 7. Seems fishy if it's dropping, but whatever I took it.

I love the baylor over. Don't let the big number scare you off.

Jimbo Fisher is a dumb ass. Stop going for two you moron!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WOW......Brian Kelly is just a horrendous coach and his players do not like him...oh well.....PUSH for me

Baylor -7 BIG (bought a point)
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    WOW......Brian Kelly is just a horrendous coach and his players do not like him...oh well.....PUSH for me

Baylor -7 BIG (bought a point)

Yeah, I will gladly take the push in that AIDSfest.

Would have won if jimbo fisher knew how to kick an XP, but whatever.

Took Baylor 3.5 mins to punch it in. Long drive for them. Now Keith Price is going to work. I dumped another bet on over 79 before kickoff. Come on points!!

Michigan up 22 :thumbup:

I love this shit. Sitting on my ass, drinking anchor steam xmas, haven't shaved in 10 days (don't have to go back to work til Tuesday), and gambling on everything in sight.
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:

)
    And Rees is horrible...good thing he wears #11, reminds me of Tony Eason...as soon as a defender is within 3 yards he crumples to the ground. Had a deer in the headlights look all game.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Ugh.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Ugh.

haha.

I'm on knicks/lakers over and stanford late night
  • Options
    Propped Terrance Williams (Baylor) for over 5 catches, getting 3 catches on the 31 second drive to end the half were a nice boost.

Kind of shocked at how well UDub is playing thus far.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Propped Terrance Williams (Baylor) for over 5 catches, getting 3 catches on the 31 second drive to end the half were a nice boost.

Kind of shocked at how well UDub is playing thus far.

I was so close to putting a UW moneyline bet in for 2nd half at plus 250. Like where I am though, so I stayed away from 2nd half line.

I love chris speilman. 'This is an awful baylor defense. Terrible against the run and terrible against the pass'
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

)
    And Rees is horrible...good thing he wears #11, reminds me of Tony Eason...as soon as a defender is within 3 yards he crumples to the ground. Had a deer in the headlights look all game.

Rees is fucking terrible. Hendrix wasn't much better. Either way, Kelly has to pick one QB....this isn't fucking high school.

Thanks to Jimbo Fisher for the push.
  • Options
    Good day yesterday. Games today suck.

BYU will prob be my biggest play. I like GJ Kinne, the Tulsa QB, but I think BYU's defense will be able to keep the tulsa offense in check. Big play on BYU plus 1
  • Options
    Like Iowa at +15.....good luck all
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    Like Iowa at +15.....good luck all

Their top RB (best offensive player) is out today. I am leaning towards oklahoma, but I don't like that game.

I'm taking rutgers small in next game. Hopefully these mormon bastards can hold this lead.
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!! I love mormons!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Miss st under small

Also, take virginia laying the 30. Trust me they will cover. Towson is absolutely horrible

Come on rutgers, hold this lead
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Come on rutgers, hold this lead

Thank you, Rutgers.

Agree w/ you on that Iowa-Oklahoma game. Don't like that game at all. Don't think Iowa is that good, but that number is too high for me.
  • Options
    Played Northwestern +10
  • Options
    Just realized i put in miss st over instead of under. Could have done witjout that pick in end zone. God damnit im an idiot

Virginia bet looks good too, hopefully no one took that advice
  • Options
    After Wake scoredtheir TD, the PAT looked awful, I said to myself that they were gonna get a FG blocked, sure enough...too bad you can't bet on that.
    Need Wake to hang in there.
    Got em in a tease with over in OKLA/Iowa.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Virginia bet looks good too, hopefully no one took that advice

You owe me for that one! I was actually looking at that earlier and liked it....your post convinced me to take Virginia.....oh well