Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    bad weekend here... most of the ones i picked did not even cover the spread.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Ok here is my 7 team Parlay...

Browns(Cleveland)
    Raiders(Oakland)
    Raiders(Oakland) -7 (-105)

Colts(Indianapolis) 17
    Bengals(Cincinnati) 27
    Bengals(Cincinnati) -5.5

Cowboys(Dallas)
    Patriots(NewEngland)
    Patriots(NewEngland) -6

Panthers(Carolina) 17
    Falcons(Atlanta) 31
    Falcons(Atlanta) -3.5

Rams(StLouis) 3
    Packers(GreenBay) 24
    Packers(GreenBay) -14 (-115)

Saints(NewOrleans)
    Buccaneers(TampaBay)
    Saints(NewOrleans) -6.5

Vikings(Minnesota)
    Bears(Chicago)
    Bears(Chicago) -3 (+105)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Another great weekend. My bookie hates me.

I love college football. Also had the eagles, 9ers, and bears huge yesterday (raiders as well, which ended in a push)
  • yep, I had a great weekend as well.
    I made so much money I am going to buy this place.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    yep, I had a great weekend as well.
    I made so much money I am going to buy this place.
    :lol: ..what is kat listing it for?
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    who would you pick in a suicide pool for next week? Debating between 3 teams

Dallas (can't stand them, but they are playing the Rams and were my first choice)

Baltimore (playing Jax, they should win easily)

Oakland (playing KC. It's in Oakland but division games scare me)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    who would you pick in a suicide pool for next week? Debating between 3 teams

Dallas (can't stand them, but they are playing the Rams and were my first choice)

cowboys are going to crush the rams...then lose at the linc the following week. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • who would you pick in a suicide pool for next week? Debating between 3 teams

Since I now own this messageboard, I would bet it on Dallas.
    better hop on the packers asap. that line keeps going up and up. just locked them in -5.5
    www.myspace.com
    better hop on the packers asap. that line keeps going up and up. just locked them in -5.5

considering the line opened and 9, it's a miracle that your bookie is still in business. let me know if he's taking new clients (seriously).

also, the line has dropped to 8.5
    The Fixer wrote:

considering the line opened and 9, it's a miracle that your bookie is still in business. let me know if he's taking new clients (seriously).

:? what?

that line opened at -6.5 on sunday. probably gonna continue to rise as the ponder era just officially began about a half hour ago.

millman's blog:
    • The other significant line move so far has been the Green Bay Packers, who were just minus-6.5 versus the Minnesota Vikings in the Hilton's advance line. However, after the Pack rolled over the Rams on Sunday and the Vikings got blown out by the Bears, that line is now all the way up to minus-8.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that line opened at -6.5 on sunday. probably gonna continue to rise as the ponder era just officially began about a half hour ago.

millman's blog:
    • The other significant line move so far has been the Green Bay Packers, who were just minus-6.5 versus the Minnesota Vikings in the Hilton's advance line. However, after the Pack rolled over the Rams on Sunday and the Vikings got blown out by the Bears, that line is now all the way up to minus-8.

My site had them open at 9. So does this one, which is pretty reliable

http://www.scoresandodds.com/grid_20111023.html

I find it hard to believe that

A) a local bookie was taking action on a sunday night
    B) you found that number anywhere in the US outside of vegas

Anyway, nice work if you did indeed lock that in. That's as big of a lock as you will find. I'm serious, let me know if your guy is accepting new clients. I would bang the shit out of that number
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

millman's blog:

Anyway, nice work if you did indeed lock that in. That's as big of a lock as you will find. I'm serious, let me know if your guy is accepting new clients. I would bang the shit out of that number

early lines come out on sunday night fixer. this was before the late game and from the hilton for that huge contest they have every year. i don't know what to tell you. you know who chad millman is right? go read his blog.

the line has moved up 1pt in the last hour or so.

also-- i bought 2 pts. it was at 7.5 this morning so i got it at 5.5..........why didn't you get into the degenerate contest this year?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

millman's blog:

early lines come out on sunday night fixer. this was before the late game and from the hilton for that huge contest they have every year. i don't know what to tell you. you know who chad millman is right? go read his blog.

also-- i bought 2 pts. it was at 7.5 this morning so i got it at 5.5..........why didn't you get into the degenerate contest this year?

damn, you must be laying some wood if you bought 2 points. what did that cost you? you gotta be laying close to -200.

I understand that vegas releases some of the lines on sunday night (a lot of times it's only half the slate due to uncertainty with injuries and such). I have never heard of a local bookie taking bets on sunday night. you use a local guy right? again, is he taking new clients? I'd even be willing to front money for my plays if he's gonna take action on sunday nights for the upcoming week's slate. just find that hard to believe. been betting with bookies in the philly area for 20 years and I have never heard of that before.

yeah, I know chad millman is the chief editor of espn the mag. his mag sucks and so does his blog. I used to read it, but have lost interest over the last year. the sweat barometer, the random picks from the 'sharps', the updates on the hilton contest that he'll never win, etc. I don't think the guy knows much about gambling.

I did think it was funny that he was crying about the south carolina game this weekend. I had miss st plus the 3. that safety that spurrier took was in-cred-uh-bull.
    I didn't get into the contest because I had too much shit going on. baby due in a month, knew I was going to be in europe for a weekend or two with limited to no internet (didn't feel like scrambling to get picks in). Main reason though is because I didn't pay enough attention last year. The system I use is based just as much on overs/unders as it is on faves/dogs.

Over the years I have limited the amount of NFL leagues/pools I'm in. 2 fantasy leagues (mainly to keep in touch with people), one suicide pool (lasted to week 3 this year...thanks Eagles!!), and then bets. lots and lots of bets. I used to be in way too much shit...I'd watch the games and it would take me 10 minutes to figure out if the latest TD hurt or helped me more. It was too much
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

damn, you must be laying some wood if you bought 2 points. what did that cost you? you gotta be laying close to -200.

I understand that vegas releases some of the lines on sunday night (a lot of times it's only half the slate due to uncertainty with injuries and such). I have never heard of a local bookie taking bets on sunday night. you use a local guy right? again, is he taking new clients? I'd even be willing to front money for my plays if he's gonna take action on sunday nights for the upcoming week's slate. just find that hard to believe. been betting with bookies in the philly area for 20 years and I have never heard of that before.

yeah, I know chad millman is the chief editor of espn the mag. his mag sucks and so does his blog. I used to read it, but have lost interest over the last year. the sweat barometer, the random picks from the 'sharps', the updates on the hilton contest that he'll never win, etc. I don't think the guy knows much about gambling.

I did think it was funny that he was crying about the south carolina game this weekend. I had miss st plus the 3. that safety that spurrier took was in-cred-uh-bull.

bookie uses a website. don't believe he's taking new clients. but again--i locked that in this afternoon though.

i think millman's awesome. to each his own :thumbup:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Main reason though is because I didn't pay enough attention last year. The system I use is based just as much on overs/unders as it is on faves/dogs.

so that explains your record last year ;)

only kidding
    www.myspace.com

bookie uses a website. don't believe he's taking new clients. but again--i locked that in this afternoon though.

i think millman's awesome. to each his own :thumbup:

That's absurd. My guy uses an online site as well. Half of the NFL games still aren't posted. GB is currently -8.5 @ -115. For me just to get them down to 7.5 costs me -140.

I always buy a half point, regardless of how large or small my bet is. I have been wearing this dude out, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has implemented special vigs for my account. Betting online makes things a lot easier, but part of me still doesn't like it...too much shady shit can happen with the odds and whatnot. The worst is when I go to hit submit on a bet and I get the screen that shows the odds or vig has changed. Pisses me off. If I was talking to someone on the phone that crap wouldn't happen.

Ah, all this gambling talk...I cannot wait for saturday. College football saturdays are the absolute best
    The Fixer wrote:
    Main reason though is because I didn't pay enough attention last year. The system I use is based just as much on overs/unders as it is on faves/dogs.

only kidding

Yeah, man. There were a few weeks where I forgot about it (or woke up hungover :thumbup: ) and would scramble to PM Ed. Half the time my bets were opposite of my picks in that pool.

Bunch of my clown friends are in a pool where they pick every game every week. There is some serious money involved. They have been trying to get me in it forever, but I pass every year. I have my participation minimized...I'll just focus on my bets, that keeps me plenty busy.

Plus I got sick of writing Poncier checks...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    The Fixer wrote:
    Plus I got sick of writing Poncier checks...
    Barring a miraculous turnaround you wouldn't have had to worry about it this season.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

only kidding

Yeah, man. There were a few weeks where I forgot about it (or woke up hungover :thumbup: ) and would scramble to PM Ed. Half the time my bets were opposite of my picks in that pool.

somehow if you didn't finish in 5th place or whatever i think you'd be saying something different. :lol:

its $25 pool or whatever. i don't think a lot of us spend a lot of time fretting over our picks each week.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The worst is when I go to hit submit on a bet and I get the screen that shows the odds or vig has changed. Pisses me off. If I was talking to someone on the phone that crap wouldn't happen.

Ah, all this gambling talk...I cannot wait for saturday. College football saturdays are the absolute best
    I hate that as well...I get the impression your guy uses the same software as mine based on the images from it you have posted. I think that there's a nationwide network who all use either the same site or same software. Notice those last minute line moves never go in your favor.
    (The mob has gone 21st century)
    Oh and there's a barn burner of a college game tonight, you don't have to wait till Saturday. :mrgreen:
    Poncier wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The worst is when I go to hit submit on a bet and I get the screen that shows the odds or vig has changed. Pisses me off. If I was talking to someone on the phone that crap wouldn't happen.

I hate that as well...I get the impression your guy uses the same software as mine based on the images from it you have posted. I think that there's a nationwide network who all use either the same site or same software. Notice those last minute line moves never go in your favor.
    (The mob has gone 21st century)
    Oh and there's a barn burner of a college game tonight, you don't have to wait till Saturday. :mrgreen:

www.betcapri.com

Definitely agree about the odds changing against you most of the time too. I always feel like I'm getting ripped off when I see that screen.

ah, nice. didn't even know about the game tonight. arkansas st actually isn't bad. they have held their own vs some decent teams this year. FIU as well. THey have that beast WR Hilton. I'm on the over I think.
    check out my site: http://www.tireusa.net/default.aspx

it's made to look like a tire store so it passes through people's firewalls at work. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Definitely a different site, but similar software.

it's made to look like a tire store so it passes through people's firewalls at work. :mrgreen:

if that is really a gambling site it is the greatest site ever. can't tell if you're joking or not
    The Fixer wrote:

if that is really a gambling site it is the greatest site ever. can't tell if you're joking or not

dead serious. there's a spot towards the top to enter login/password.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

dead serious. there's a spot towards the top to enter login/password.

Awesome...haha

Over 53 tonight fellas. and a little guy on the flyers
    I love central florida tonight. play them big and thank me tomorrow. I have them huge at -17

I also have small plays on arizona -5, stl/tex over 8, and the flyers -125.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    do what now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg