* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    guys just calm down, in a few short years time there won't have to be this argument, the packers will have more super bowls and overall championships than anyone else :D but for real 81 makes a good point there really is no difference except they started calling it the super bowl

I count 'em all, so that puts the Pack at #1, and if I'm not mistaken the Bears at #2, right? I was watching the Lombardi documentary and was really interested to see how much of a joke the Superbowl was when they first started it.

yeah and the steelers were around all that time too when the packers and bears were on top so they have no excuse, I have nothing against the steelers as a team, in fact I really like them, but the fans here around here in western PA are pretty big assholes sometimes, you wouldn't believe how my family treated me and my girlfriend the night of the super bowl just for being packers fans :roll: and we weren't even talking shit or anything I kept saying how it was gonna be a good game and good luck but they were still ripping on us non stop
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    guys just calm down, in a few short years time there won't have to be this argument, the packers will have more super bowls and overall championships than anyone else :D but for real 81 makes a good point there really is no difference except they started calling it the super bowl

I count 'em all, so that puts the Pack at #1, and if I'm not mistaken the Bears at #2, right? I was watching the Lombardi documentary and was really interested to see how much of a joke the Superbowl was when they first started it.

yeah and the steelers were around all that time too when the packers and bears were on top so they have no excuse, I have nothing against the steelers as a team, in fact I really like them, but the fans here around here in western PA are pretty big assholes sometimes, you wouldn't believe how my family treated me and my girlfriend the night of the super bowl just for being packers fans :roll: and we weren't even talking shit or anything I kept saying how it was gonna be a good game and good luck but they were still ripping on us non stop

steeler fans are very obnoxious
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RiotZact wrote:

Sounds like Bears fans. I mean seriously. If you go to a bar in Chicago and the Bears and Packers are both playing a game - but not each other - many a time I see Bears fans paying MORE attention to the Packers game just in hopes that they will lose. Pay attention to your own team! Obviously this isn't all Bear fans as most of my friends have that disease...the ones that know football I have no issues with. It's the people that just have a hard-on to see the Pack lose and know nothing about football. One more story - we were walking down Clark one Sunday...both the Bears and Packers had lost that day. It was nice outside so most of the bars had their windows open. I'm wearing my Packers jersey and a bunch of idiots inside one of the bars start screaming out how much the Packers suck and 'haha they lost'. Idiots, your team lost too. :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Sounds like Bears fans. I mean seriously. If you go to a bar in Chicago and the Bears and Packers are both playing a game - but not each other - many a time I see Bears fans paying MORE attention to the Packers game just in hopes that they will lose. Pay attention to your own team! Obviously this isn't all Bear fans as most of my friends have that disease...the ones that know football I have no issues with. It's the people that just have a hard-on to see the Pack lose and know nothing about football. One more story - we were walking down Clark one Sunday...both the Bears and Packers had lost that day. It was nice outside so most of the bars had their windows open. I'm wearing my Packers jersey and a bunch of idiots inside one of the bars start screaming out how much the Packers suck and 'haha they lost'. Idiots, your team lost too. :roll:

Steelers fans are kind of the opposite, they don't know what they are talking about beyond the steelers, but they know EVERYTHING about them, and I always would wear my packers stuff all year and no one ever said a word to me about it, NOT ONE WORD, but then the week after the conference championships it's like I was flaunting around a nazi flag, they were all over me, my teacher told me "if you plan on passing you better not wear that next week" and another girl was like "someones cruising for a busing" and I'm like what?????? wtf did I do? sorry :roll:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    If we're talking about total titles, the Giants have 7, third most.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RiotZact wrote:
    Steelers fans are kind of the opposite, they don't know what they are talking about beyond the steelers, but they know EVERYTHING about them, and I always would wear my packers stuff all year and no one ever said a word to me about it, NOT ONE WORD, but then the week after the conference championships it's like I was flaunting around a nazi flag, they were all over me, my teacher told me "if you plan on passing you better not wear that next week" and another girl was like "someones cruising for a busing" and I'm like what?????? wtf did I do? sorry :roll:

Ahh they were just playin'....

right?! :|
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

no they weren't, and you should of heard my grandma freak out on me the other day "THE PACKERS WILL NEVER EVER BEAT THE STEELERS AGAIN!!! they played so horrible and awful but still only lost by 5 points!!!" she doesn't know what she's talking about, the packers had half of their best players injured going into the game then half of the half that was left got injured IN the game, whatever, fans will be fans
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    the united states of football:

http://jaredfanning.com/?portfolio=unit ... s-football

check here if you're unsure who you are to root for. ;):)
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    RiotZact wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

no they weren't, and you should of heard my grandma freak out on me the other day "THE PACKERS WILL NEVER EVER BEAT THE STEELERS AGAIN!!! they played so horrible and awful but still only lost by 5 points!!!" she doesn't know what she's talking about, the packers had half of their best players injured going into the game then half of the half that was left got injured IN the game, whatever, fans will be fans
    Grandma too? Wow. Sounds to me like you shouldn't count on being in the will. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:
    No NFL Predictions this year....?

My final Four...

AFC
    Steelers vs Patriots

NFC
    Falcons vs Packers

Super Bowl
    Patriots vs Packers

CHAMPIONS:
    Green Bay Packers...34-28

They become the 3rd 5 time Super Bowl champions and defend their title.

Peace

those are my super bowl teams with the reverse outcome.

I like things better when the Patriots are the underdog. However, the Packers ARE the team to beat baring ANY major injuries look what has happened to Peyton.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Looks like I'm supposed to root for either the Giants, Jets, or Patriots. Will I be a fraud if I root for all 3? I'm a Giants fan but come playoff team, can I root for the others? Is that fraud level?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

Looks like I'm supposed to root for either the Giants, Jets, or Patriots. Will I be a fraud if I root for all 3? I'm a Giants fan but come playoff team, can I root for the others? Is that fraud level?

absolutely, no, and absolutely. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    Newch91 wrote:

Fuck all if I'm rooting for the bungles or the shitstains er I mean browns. You really couldn't tell from that map but the steeler region extends in a really thin thread to encompass my house in Columbus.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Fuck all if I'm rooting for the bungles or the shitstains er I mean browns. You really couldn't tell from that map but the steeler region extends in a really thin thread to encompass my house in Columbus.

f the steelers :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    ha ha

sports guy:
    Year 7 of Alex Smith! Year 7! He's the According to Jim of NFL quarterbacks; you see him and say, "Wait, how is this still on?" Part of me wonders if Jim Harbaugh is throwing away this entire season just to get Andrew Luck; I mean, if you were doing that, wouldn't you say things like, "We're going with Alex Smith!"
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

But how is it fraud level if the map says CT can root for all 3? ;)
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

the map is a guide. not the be all, end all. :)

do you get local new york tv channels or boston tv channels in your home?

and i think it had long island as the only jets area
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

Long island is generally Mets/Jets.

It's all about who was on local TV when you were growing up.
    Newch91 wrote:

Get both New York and Boston/Massachusetts channels. We get the Yes Network, SNY, MSG, and NESN (Red Sox).
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Get both New York and Boston/Massachusetts channels. We get the Yes Network, SNY, MSG, and NESN (Red Sox).

do you get the local mavericks stations there too?--i'm kidding! :lol:

well i guess you could go either way if you're in no man's land there. guess i was thinking you were much closer to ny than boston. boils down to what you inherited from your family then. but under no circumstances can you have more than one rooting interest.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

do you get the local mavericks stations there too?--i'm kidding! :lol:

well i guess you could go either way if you're in no man's land there. guess i was thinking you were much closer to ny than boston. boils down to what you inherited from your family then. but under no circumstances can you have more than one rooting interest.
    :lol: I wish!

From where I live, it's 2 hours to both NY and Boston. Inherited the Giants from my family, though on my dad's mom's side, most are Jets fans.

I have a weak spot for the Colts because Peyton is my favorite player, so I have fraud in me.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's all about who was on local TV when you were growing up.

if that's the case i'd be a rams fan

fuck that!! :lol:
    Vikings give AP $100 million for 7 years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69520 ... -100m-deal
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    hankwilliamsjr5_v_p.jpg
  • Woke up w/ a huge smile on my face. God damn did I miss the NFL!!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Woke up w/ a huge smile on my face. God damn did I miss the NFL!!!

i agree 100%...no matter how shitty your life is right now, there's football on today!
  • ha ha

sports guy:
    Year 7 of Alex Smith! Year 7! He's the According to Jim of NFL quarterbacks; you see him and say, "Wait, how is this still on?" Part of me wonders if Jim Harbaugh is throwing away this entire season just to get Andrew Luck; I mean, if you were doing that, wouldn't you say things like, "We're going with Alex Smith!"

:lol::lol:

Hard to believe this is Smith's 7th season already. Can't believe the 49ers haven't given up on him yet.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Watching the Eagles/Rams game. Forgot the one guy, James Laurinaitis, is Road Warrior Animal's son :)
    200px-James_Laurinaitis.JPG
    Bucs_sp_osus_1240384.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    cam newton breaks peyton manning's record for most yards passing by a rookie in his first game...
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Texans! :thumbup:

i know it's only week 1, but they really should make the playoffs this year (finally!). plus, i'm an Astros fan...so i haven't had a lot to cheer for lately.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.