* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Dude, are you dissin' the D? This is a great town to live in!! I dig Philly, I have been there a ton.. Do not dis-respect my town.. I hope my Tigers see your Philthys in the fall classic.. It's on..

Are you really telling me you don't like any other team than a Philly team? When you watch any other game, you are completely impartial to who wins it? And I am not talkin teams in your division, which I am sure you hate.. but you have no other teams you like??

no no no...i'm not dissing detroit. i'm just saying a lot of people there have had it rough for a while there. the economy up there has been devastated...

sure i like other teams. but i would never consider adopting another team as my own like it sounds you did.

ironically one of the teams i've always kind of liked is the lions. :lol: ...kind of out of pity though. ;)
    Dig it man.. My Cousin Bob (from Philly) is a Lions fan just because he spent his summers here with his father..

I never "adopted" the Pack.. but I do like them.. When you are as bad as the NFC north usually is, you just want somebody to represent.. I hate the Bears and I absolutely hate the Vikings. I like the Packers.. When we play them, that little bit of love goes away..

and this is the ONLY sport this phenomenon occurs with me.. Baseball, forget about it!! I went to 34 games the year the Tigers almost had the worst record in baseball ever.. And I have absolutely NO love for any other team. period. Same with hockey...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    glad i took the over...

now come on saints
    www.myspace.com

no no no...i'm not dissing detroit. i'm just saying a lot of people there have had it rough for a while there. the economy up there has been devastated...

sure i like other teams. but i would never consider adopting another team as my own like it sounds you did.

ironically one of the teams i've always kind of liked is the lions. :lol: ...kind of out of pity though. ;)
    Dig it man.. My Cousin Bob (from Philly) is a Lions fan just because he spent his summers here with his father..

I never "adopted" the Pack.. but I do like them.. When you are as bad as the NFC north usually is, you just want somebody to represent.. I hate the Bears and I absolutely hate the Vikings. I like the Packers.. When we play them, that little bit of love goes away..

and this is the ONLY sport this phenomenon occurs with me.. Baseball, forget about it!! I went to 34 games the year the Tigers almost had the worst record in baseball ever.. And I have absolutely NO love for any other team. period. Same with hockey...

well your cousin is also a fraud. :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com

• no no no...i'm not dissing detroit. i'm just saying a lot of people there have had it rough for a while there. the economy up there has been devastated...

You got issues man :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

You got issues man :lol:

relax. it's all for charity anyway.

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • I still love you.. fuck, you are a Pearl Jam fan.. How bad could it be?? Give my regards to Rocky..
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Good thing I have Aaron Rogers for fantasy football. :)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    damn
    this game is playing out perfectly
    www.myspace.com

and how so is that? sorry I'm late to the party I'm not aware of which side you are on
    RiotZact wrote:

and how so is that? sorry I'm late to the party I'm not aware of which side you are on

i'm on the saints and the over side. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    RiotZact wrote:

cool..........I guess you could tell but I'm a huge pack fan
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    This new kickoff rule might be the worst rule in all of sports.
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

cool..........I guess you could tell but I'm a huge pack fan

i'm picking a pack/pats super bowl. hope i'm wrong. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    they should just kick during commerials
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

no that would be the designated hitter by a country mile. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They should just start from the 20 yard line without kicking at this point
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah its retarded
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Did you guys catch the Bears' protest of this in the pre-season? pretty f'n cool..
    guys a beast
    Did you guys catch the Bears' protest of this in the pre-season? pretty f'n cool..

Nah, what did they do?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, what did they do?
    Kicked from the 30 twice.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, what did they do?
    They kicked from the 30, week 2 I believe.. It is such a HUGE part of their game, I dont blame them..
    I actually did hear something about that. Good for them.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, what did they do?
    They kicked from the 30, week 2 I believe.. It is such a HUGE part of their game, I dont blame them..

yeah I have to admit that was cool of them
    1st half of the first preseason game they kicked from the 30. Refs and the other team were cool with it. NFL wasn't. They called at halftime and told them to stop it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    1st half of the first preseason game they kicked from the 30. Refs and the other team were cool with it. NFL wasn't. They called at halftime and told them to stop it.
    Fuck em' .. worst rule change EVER!!!
    Bob costas just gets worse every year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RiotZact wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, what did they do?

yeah I have to admit that was cool of them

last spring the competition committee originally suggesting putting the ball on the 25 for a touch back instead of the 20.but the owners did not go for that.

if you're going to move the kickoff up 5 yards why not move the touch back up 5 yards too? makes sense to me. doing that would add a little strategy to the kickoff too. since average returns are less than 25 yards it would make teams less likely to want to kick the ball out of the endzone. would not shock me to see them go this route next spring........or they could just go back to the 30 :lol:

with that said most people don't remember that this is where teams kicked off from prior to 1993. i don't know about you but i remember football being pretty, pretty awesome prior to 1993 despite fewer returns.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ff-change/
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Bob costas just gets worse every year

what's your beef with costas? i was impressed with his questions to goodell before the game. not watching halftime though
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.