* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited August 2011
    that wasn't your argument. your argument was that most (not all) black quarterbacks are too stupid to win a super bowl.

and according to that article only 3 of the 10 qb's who met all three of that criteria won super bowls.... two of them, a lot have argued (including yourself i will add) won the super bowl despite their shaky performance in the game.

the other one, ben roethlisberger, falls into the same category as jay cutler and joe flacco---2 qb's who you've ripped on numerous occasions in this very thread............all kinds of hypocrisy being spewed here. :lol:

couple random examples of why the wonderlic is a bit ridiculous:

dan marino's woderlic score: 16
    patrick ramsey's wonderlick score: 32
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    here is this years top prospects

Name School Pass/Fail Wonderlic Starts Completion Percentage
    Christian Ponder FSU Pass 35 35 61.8%
    Greg McElroy Alabama Pass 43 27 66.3%
    Andy Dalton TCU Pass 29 50 61.7%
    Blaine Gabbert Missouri Pass 42 29 60.9%
    Jake Locker Washington Fail 20 39 53.9%
    Colin Kaepernick Nevada Fail - 49 58.2%
    Ricky Stanzi Iowa Fail 30 32 59.8%
    Cam Newton Auburn Fail 21 14 66.1%
    Ryan Mallett Arkansas Fail 26 29 57.8%

Ah, that sucks. I am a HUGE Jake Locker fan. I love the way that dude plays. Unfortunately doesn't look like he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Greg McElroy is some kind of genius. He has plans to become a neurosurgeon if football doesn't work out for him. Not a bad fallback plan
    that wasn't your argument. your argument was that most (not all) black quarterbacks are too stupid to win a super bowl.

and according to that article only 3 of the 10 qb's who met all three of that criteria won super bowls.... two of them, a lot have argued (including yourself i will add) won the super bowl despite their shaky performance in the game.

the other one, ben roethlisberger, falls into the same category as jay cutler and joe flacco---2 qb's who you've ripped on numerous occasions in this very thread............all kinds of hypocrisy being spewed here. :lol:

YOur first sentence is accurate. And 100% true based on historical evidence (and wonderlic scores...some of which are flat out hilarious)

I never said high wonderlic = good QB. If that was the case all of the best QBs would be Ivy League Alumns

I just thought it was an interesting article. I'm not saying I agree with everything in it
    The Fixer wrote:

YOur first sentence is accurate. And 100% true based on historical evidence (and wonderlic scores...some of which are flat out hilarious)

I never said high wonderlic = good QB. If that was the case all of the best QBs would be Ivy League Alumns

I just thought it was an interesting article. I'm not saying I agree with everything in it

yes folks, we still live in a world where a black man can be president, but still not smart enough to be a good quarterback according to some kinds of people.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yes folks, we still live in a world where a black man can be president, but still not smart enough to be a good quarterback according to some kinds of people.

you are brutal dude. I said no QBs have been smart enough. You come back with the president. Not even close to the same thing. I'm talking about guys that are criminals (vick) and only went to college in most cases because they ran a decent 40 time and can throw a football 70 yards.

If you want to try again, be my guest. I implore you to come up with some names to debate my point.

Just because you love two losers in mcnabb and cunningham, you don't have to get so frustrated when someone proves a point that you don't agree with.
    you said you agreed with this 100%:

"your argument was that most (not all) black quarterbacks are too stupid to win a super bowl"

i guess we can both refer to the eagles thread to relive the entire debate from the other week.
    www.myspace.com
    you said you agreed with this 100%:

"your argument was that most (not all) black quarterbacks are too stupid to win a super bowl"

i guess we can both refer to the eagles thread to relive the entire debate from the other week.

I do agree with that...what's your point?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    poor RW must be rolling over in his grave....err....having a party in his class room. :lol:

Doug Williams....oh wait, he did start and win a SB
    Warren Moon
    McNabb
    wasn't even the not so great Kordell Stewert a SB starting QB?
    Culpepper lead his team to a 15-1 record and a ton of points before choking it all away in the playoffs
    hell, even Young as bad as he is, was ROY at one point and won a national title. T Martin also won a national title. as did cam newton.

we won't talk about head coachs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

Greg McElroy is some kind of genius. He has plans to become a neurosurgeon if football doesn't work out for him. Not a bad fallback plan
    really scary McElroy wants to do that considering he throws passes at the wrong marker. his throw from the first down marker at the end of sundays game was one of the dumbest things i've seen during a game.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

81 wrote:
    poor RW must be rolling over in his grave....err....having a party in his class room. :lol:

Doug Williams....oh wait, he did start and win a SB
    Warren Moon
    McNabb
    wasn't even the not so great Kordell Stewert a SB starting QB?
    Culpepper lead his team to a 15-1 record and a ton of points before choking it all away in the playoffs
    hell, even Young as bad as he is, was ROY at one point and won a national title. T Martin also won a national title. as did cam newton.

we won't talk about head coachs.

where is the great rw? :lol:

did he get the boot? :?
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

really scary McElroy wants to do that considering he throws passes at the wrong marker. his throw from the first down marker at the end of sundays game was one of the dumbest things i've seen during a game.

I don't even know what team he's on. He was a solid college QB, but I don't think he's NFL caliber. Then again, you could say that about half the QBs that have jobs in the NFL. He's biding his time...he'll be saving lives in an OR in the near future.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't even know what team he's on. He was a solid college QB, but I don't think he's NFL caliber. Then again, you could say that about half the QBs that have jobs in the NFL. He's biding his time...he'll be saving lives in an OR in the near future.
    he's on the jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjh08Mmn5s

and he wants to be a neurosurgeon, lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

he's on the jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjh08Mmn5s

and he wants to be a neurosurgeon, lol

:lol: ...that was the dumbest pass i've ever seen. wow---hahaha
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com

week 5, mnf vs the bears...not all that suprising. plenty of bears fans will make that trip, detroit is up and coming and it's mnf. perfect trifecta
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Peyton, please make a recovery so you can start the season. I have a bet with my cousin that Peyton will break Farve's record.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    81 wrote:

week 5, mnf vs the bears...not all that suprising. plenty of bears fans will make that trip, detroit is up and coming and it's mnf. perfect trifecta

it is their first mnf game in 10 years. i've always liked the lions out of pity. also was a big barry sanders fan as a kid. nice to see them finally appear to be on the verge of respectability again.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    Peyton, please make a recovery so you can start the season. I have a bet with my cousin that Peyton will break Farve's record.

you got a lot riding on that?
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    they signed collins because manning isn't gonna be ready
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    this sounds cool. nfl films is so great. and now verses has programming other than hockey and biking:

NFL Films, NBC Sports partner to create “NFL Turning Point”

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
    You possibly saw the promo during halftime of Sunday night’s Chargers-Cowboys game on NBC. If you didn’t (or if you did), here’s more info about the first-ever NFL show to air on VERSUS.

NFL Films and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to create NFL Turning Point, a new weekly series in which the crucial moment of two games will be dissected, with the help of the football footage that only NFL Films can capture.

“NFL Turning Point is symbolic of the high-quality, relevant programming viewers will see more of on our national, all-sports cable platform,” said Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBC Sports Group. “It unites two of sports’ premier storytellers in NBC Sports and NFL Films to bring viewers a new perspective on the game.”

“Showcasing the sounds and images of the game, from the smallest detail to the big picture has been our strength for nearly 50 years,” NFL Films president Steve Sabol said. “We are thrilled to get an opportunity to produce that type of show with a new partner in VERSUS.”

If you don’t already have VERSUS, call your cable or satellite provider to find out how to get it.
    www.myspace.com
    they signed collins because manning isn't gonna be ready

or because the current back ups BLOW bad.

actually, i'm starting to think he won't be ready
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

you got a lot riding on that?
    $100
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    for 81:

LeSean McCoy last year became only the 10th player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards and catch 75 passes in a season. If he does it again, he’ll become only the fourth player ever with consecutive 1,000-yard, 75-catch seasons. The first three? Brian Westbrook (2006, 2007), LaDainian Tomlinson (2002, 2003) and Marshall Faulk (1998-2001).
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

it is their first mnf game in 10 years. i've always liked the lions out of pity. also was a big barry sanders fan as a kid. nice to see them finally appear to be on the verge of respectability again.

I remember a rodney peete led birds squad hanging near 60 on them in a playoff game back in the day. that was great.

Always looked forward to watching the lions just because of sanders. glad detroit is supporting them. I know they're a popular playoff pick, but I don't see it happening. The NFC is pretty loaded this year
    for 81:

LeSean McCoy last year became only the 10th player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards and catch 75 passes in a season. If he does it again, he’ll become only the fourth player ever with consecutive 1,000-yard, 75-catch seasons. The first three? Brian Westbrook (2006, 2007), LaDainian Tomlinson (2002, 2003) and Marshall Faulk (1998-2001).

:lol: I told you westbrook was a beast for a couple of years. McCoy can still be.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    for 81:

:lol: I told you westbrook was a beast for a couple of years. McCoy can still be.

...he was last year ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Question about Sirius and NFL Ticket.

Are the preseason games on sirius?

Also, my Sunday ticket mobile stuff shows the schedules for the preseason games this week. Is there a chance that the games will be available on the Ticket mobile app?

I'm curious because I have had the ticket for years and could never watch preseason games before...

EDIT: Confirmed! Preseason games are available on the Sunday ticket app but not the tv. Weird.
  • Redskins vs Ravens... This game is pretty pretty pretty good.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    okay....now let's go ahead and fast forward to 9/11 :mrgreen:

edit--feels weird wanting to fast forward to that date.... :?
    www.myspace.com
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494

I tried to get tickets to that game right at 10 AM when they went on sale. It was sold out in 3 minutes. Then I tried to get tickets to Thanksgiving vs. the Packers. It was about 10:09 at that point, and the whole upper bowl was sold. All that was left were a few $270 seats way down in the lower bowl.

Last year, I just walked up to the box office a few weeks before Thanksgiving and picked out some tickets.

The attitude has changed so much in just 1 year. It's really something.

Edit: I should probably add that this is the first MNF game the Lions have had in like 10 years. The last one was when they were still playing in the Silverdome.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
This discussion has been closed.